NFL To Use First-Ever Female Referee: Are Female Refs Good for Football?

Daryl 2012/08/07 16:00:00

CHICAGO.CBSLOCAL.COM reports:
For the first time in league history, a woman will work an NFL game as part of the officiating crew.

traffic chicago cbs 2 tv wbbm newsradio 780 670 score

Read More: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/nfl-to-use-...

• Tenness... joshBig... 2012/08/14 14:29:56
    Tennessee3501
    It will force the players to become more disciplined. In the alternative, they will require more salt peter in their diets!
  • Olde' S... Tenness... 2012/12/08 03:43:56
  • wes 2012/08/08 22:08:30
    wes
    +4
    Yes, yes, yes!!!! Hot female football referee
  • stevegt... wes 2012/08/15 19:58:00
  • MrsB 2012/08/08 21:36:45
    MrsB
    +2
    I don't see how the gender could make a difference ... people are going to complain about res no matter what lol
  • SpongeBob 2012/08/08 21:32:27
    SpongeBob
    +2
    How cares how refs men or female as long as the game is getting play
  • kenenth mason 2012/08/08 21:32:19
    kenenth mason
    i don't know if they a good for football, per se..... all NFL refs suck... why would anybody think a female will be any different?
  • Mr Bob 2012/08/08 20:38:50
    Mr Bob
    +1
    Of course, especially if they're hot, naked would be good too.
  • Carlos benoit 2012/08/08 20:29:25
    Carlos benoit
    +2
    Although I don't care for sports, (except wrestling) - "whynot"?
  • Jahk 2012/08/08 20:14:00
    Jahk
    +2
    Men should ref men at the college and pro levels of football, et al.
  • Jahk Jahk 2012/08/08 20:25:30
    Jahk
    +3
    PS. I agree with the dislike of female announcers. I tend to change the radio station given most higher pitched female voices. The women can rattle off statistics with the best of them, but most just don't really seem to comprehend the spirit of male sports.
  • Marianne 2012/08/08 19:55:08
    Marianne
    +2
    I am sure that female refs can do as well as their male colleagues.
    They deserve a real opportunity.
  • David 2012/08/08 19:41:03
    David
    +2
    Should add some interest to the game!
  • PapaBC 2012/08/08 19:40:17
    PapaBC
    +5
    Put them a bikinis.
  • K Jones 2012/08/08 19:37:48 (edited)
    K Jones
    +6
    I know the PC answer is yes, but though I am a woman, I don't want to see (or hear as reporters) any women on the field or anywhere else in football. Do men infiltrate every little area of life, just to say they can? No. If I went to Victoria's Secret, I would personally rather be assisted by a man--bc I like men. A lot. A whole lot. And no, ladies, none of this "well, if he's a gay man, ok" crap. I love you gay men, too, and it would only be right to include straight men and gay men working Victoria's. It just feels like sometimes women want "in" just because no woman has done this or that. Not a good reason. Anyway, call me a sexist woman in this department (it's only for certain things, I'm all for equality for us women, including w pay-which we should get more of, bc we do the same job AND often look pretty awesome doing it, and it costs more to be a woman, so...), back to the point, I'm sexist here, but I watch football to see glorious men doing manly things, and a female on the field just ruins it for me (I can ignore cheerleaders, I guess-that's something for the fellas). I don't want to hear a woman's voice, nor see her, nor have her all up in the game. So, until men can frisk me at the airport, bc I don't want a woman touching me, straight and gay man can help me meas...
    I know the PC answer is yes, but though I am a woman, I don't want to see (or hear as reporters) any women on the field or anywhere else in football. Do men infiltrate every little area of life, just to say they can? No. If I went to Victoria's Secret, I would personally rather be assisted by a man--bc I like men. A lot. A whole lot. And no, ladies, none of this "well, if he's a gay man, ok" crap. I love you gay men, too, and it would only be right to include straight men and gay men working Victoria's. It just feels like sometimes women want "in" just because no woman has done this or that. Not a good reason. Anyway, call me a sexist woman in this department (it's only for certain things, I'm all for equality for us women, including w pay-which we should get more of, bc we do the same job AND often look pretty awesome doing it, and it costs more to be a woman, so...), back to the point, I'm sexist here, but I watch football to see glorious men doing manly things, and a female on the field just ruins it for me (I can ignore cheerleaders, I guess-that's something for the fellas). I don't want to hear a woman's voice, nor see her, nor have her all up in the game. So, until men can frisk me at the airport, bc I don't want a woman touching me, straight and gay man can help me measure for bras and choose my panties, and men can teach breatfeeding to new mothers-and bitch so much for equality that there are hardly any women doing it anymore-just lile female football reporters, I don't wanna see a female messing up my football. Can men have one thing that's straight-up manly, and us flaming straight women have one sport where there's nothing but men as far as the eye can see-or at least in the field? The game has been ruined enough with incessant trading and firings. I just want my good old football back. I mourn its loss...
  • K Jones K Jones 2012/08/08 20:18:58
    K Jones
    +2
    And yes, I know Victoria's does have a few men here and there, but they aren't in every bra-and-panty dept in the most conservative of stores, measuring womem's breasts, are they? I think men should demand equality here...I'd rather have mine in the hands of a man.
  • Dori K Jones 2012/08/09 01:07:25 (edited)
    Dori
    +1
    Agreed. If I remember correctly wasn't there some kind of uproar when a guy wanted to be hired by Hooters? Until women grow scrotums, we are just not equal and never will be. Leave the guys alone for God's sake. They're being emasculated by the minute.
  • Ron Bur... Dori 2012/08/09 06:25:03
    Ron Burgundy "Gentleman Lover"
    +2
    a guy wanted to be hired at hooters? that's almost as bad as a flat chested woman lol
  • rocker1446 Ron Bur... 2012/08/12 07:04:06
    rocker1446
    Maybe he had man-boobs....now doesn't that give you a nice big appetite?
  • Ron Bur... rocker1446 2012/08/12 12:12:43
    Ron Burgundy "Gentleman Lover"
    +1
    my former roomate had man boobs we wer groping them all the time lol
  • rocker1446 Ron Bur... 2012/08/12 19:05:35
    rocker1446
    lol...that is just funny
  • jimmie 2012/08/08 19:37:27
    jimmie
    +1
    What's there uniform going to look like.
  • I(◕‿◕✿)I jimmie 2012/08/09 07:24:48
    I(◕‿◕✿)I
    Lol
  • nina 2012/08/08 19:27:53
    nina
    +1
    Y are they asking this question??
  • Tom Camfield 2012/08/08 19:22:24
    Tom Camfield
    +3
    Why not?
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/08/08 19:20:10
    SK-pro impeachment
    +3
    I can see it now. ''No. 56 was off sides...no wait, i changed my mind.'' LOL
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/08/08 18:46:42
  • SK-pro ... mk, Sma... 2012/08/08 19:24:38
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    Don't believe that is true.
  • mk, Sma... SK-pro ... 2012/08/08 19:26:54
  • rcardon 2012/08/08 18:18:35
    rcardon
    While it's not the norm, I see no reason why girls can't ref football just as good as the guys, I mean it's not like they're getting out there and playing with the guys, that woukd be suicide.
  • cddjmikey 2012/08/08 18:07:54
    cddjmikey
    +1
    As long as they don't put them in lingerie to distract everybody, they know the game and have good eyesight I'm good with it.
  • Ramón 2012/08/08 18:07:15 (edited)
    Ramón
    +1
    I wanted a third option (again). Maybe... if redkneck, club thumping traditionalists (BECAUSE we've ALWAYS done it THIS WAY!) don't gripe and grumble and distract us from the game. If she dresses in the same sartorial splendor as other refs and keeps short hair or her hair up... who can tell if she or he is the ref?
  • gitmogreg 2012/08/08 18:03:37
    gitmogreg
    +1
    I think it's fine but it will be a distraction - initially. But it will work out ultimately. The distraction will come from both sides of the aisle if you will.
    Those complaining about it, and those who won't stop talking about it "being the first female official in the NFL."
  • gocar 2012/08/08 17:41:57
    gocar
    +1
    Sure why not. I told my girls that if a man doesn't want the job you don't either.
  • Kali 2012/08/08 17:04:46
    Kali
    +3
    If players and coaches don't respect the ref's calls already, I think a lot of them really won't now. Not saying that's right, just saying I see it going down this way. Girls, if you wanna ref, you can do it from your couch just like me :)
  • Mark DeBarbieri 2012/08/08 16:54:16
    Mark DeBarbieri
    +4
    Oh please, when are we going to stop pandering and start looking at everyone in general that simply "qualify" for a job. If it happens to be a woman, get over it!
  • Gil 2012/08/08 16:46:42
    Gil
    +3
    What's next, female players, female coaches in the locker room?
  • Ron Bur... Gil 2012/08/09 06:25:54
    Ron Burgundy "Gentleman Lover"
    +1
    probably.they gotta do everything a man does
  • steve tanton 2012/08/08 16:44:04
    steve tanton
    +5
    Women announcers have ruined baseball. When I go to a game, I want to hear a Harry Carry, a Jack Brickhouse, not some bimbo announcing something she can't relate to. Sorry you "equality nuts". We share many equal rights, but we are not equal. My plumber explained that one to me.
  • K Jones steve t... 2012/08/08 19:58:38 (edited)
    K Jones
    +3
    I'm a woman, and I couldn't agree more! Little yippie, shrill voices reporting the game have ruined football for me, too. But I don't care if they're a baritone, it wouldn't make it any better, and I don't care if they know the game like the back of their hand; I wanna hear a man reporting the game to me. It's almost become like reverse discrimination. Where's the men reporting on the field?  I agree, I'm all for equal rights, and I should be for my sex, but we don't need women in EVERY nook and cranny, and you don't see men forcing themselves into EVERY area they could try to do. It's like manly men aren't allowed to just be men without a woman hovering nearby. How are our men supposed to breathe??  And how the hell am I supposed to enjoy a game of testosteroneliness and manhood, with rippley muscles and butt-slapping and man-hugs if there's a woman sullying my perfect view? Like I said-let men work in the ladies bra and panty departments and specially stores, let them frisk me at the airport, let them go around teaching women how to breast feed, and then we'll see...women would have a hissy fit if men demanded a place in every role of society, but they don't. Men can leave some things well-enough alone. Why can't we? It's like women are now fighting for rights just to fight. *Smdh*

2014/08/02 06:49:20