New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/05/31 15:35:40

New York City plans to enact a far-reaching ban on the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, movie theaters and street carts, in the most ambitious effort yet by the Bloomberg administration to combat rising obesity.

The proposed ban would affect virtually the entire menu of popular sugary drinks found in delis, fast-food franchises and even sports arenas, from energy drinks to pre-sweetened iced teas. The sale of any cup or bottle of sweetened drink larger than 16 fluid ounces — about the size of a medium coffee, and smaller than a common soda bottle — would be prohibited under the first-in-the-nation plan, which could take effect as soon as next March.

Read More: http://conservativebyte.com/2012/05/new-york-plans...

• Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2012/06/01 07:01:55
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +1
    Mayor Bloomberg is someone who has no respect for the Constitution, and revels totalitarian rule. The man is one of the greatest enemies to the Second Amendment of the 21st Century, and tries to pass that off as "sensible". There is nothing sensible about his position on the Second Amendment, or on much else, and the former should inform everybody about the later. A lot of people think the Second Amendment is some sort of antiquated joke, and that could not be further from the truth. The way a person views an individual's right to defend himself/herself is directly corollary to how that person views individual freedom in general. Mayor Bloomberg is a threat to individual freedom in general, he is part of the political slime that thinks government knows best, and there is nothing, and I mean nothing more un-American than that.

bloomberg threat individual freedom general political slime thinks government un-american
  • JackoClubs 2012/06/01 00:22:22
    JackoClubs
    +2
    Keep voting for Nanny Stater liberals, folks. Eventually, they'll ban something YOU like, then it won't be so great.
  • NinjaElk 2012/05/31 17:03:43
    NinjaElk
    +5
    Oh, man! If I ever went to America, I was gonna get about ten of those! :(
  • Karen E 2012/05/31 16:05:37
    Karen E
    +3
    well they elected big brother nanny..........first salt, now the size of sugary drinks,,,,what next? how to blow their noses?
  • cellophane 2012/05/31 15:52:21
    cellophane
    +4
    You know, every time I look at a map of the U.S. divided into red and blue states, I often become angry at the bigotedness that "red" generally represents. But thank-you for this reminder that the "blue"s just love big government doing everything in its power to make certain the horse not only is led to the trough, but they'll probably drown him in it!
  • Sheila 2012/05/31 15:51:13
    Sheila
    +5
    I will simply say Go Ahead NY!! There is still plenty of room in TX and FL!!

This is a nanny state run amok. I don't care what you say it is NOT the place of the Gov to decide if I want to "upsize" my order.
  • Walt 2012/05/31 15:51:01
    Walt
    +5
    The NYC mayor thinks New Yorkers should be appreciative that their city government thinks they are too stupid to wipe their own rear ends without a piece of legislation telling them the methods they are authorized to employ. People who live in NYC are part of a liberal social experiment. If they don't like it, they're living in the wrong place.
  • cm 2012/05/31 15:37:52 (edited)
    cm
    +5
    stupid idea, i'm sick of the government telling me what i can or can't do but this will never stand in court.

2014/07/30 17:26:46