New Samsung TVs Have Built-In HD Camera, Microphones, Face and Speech Recognition?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/03/23 10:25:07

Via: HDGuru:

Samsung’s 2012 top-of-the-line plasmas and LED HDTVs offer new features never before available within a television including a built-in, internally wired HD camera, twin microphones, face tracking and speech recognition. While these features give you unprecedented control over an HDTV, the devices themselves, more similar than ever to a personal computer, may allow hackers or even Samsung to see and hear you and your family, and collect extremely personal data.

While Web cameras and Internet connectivity are not new to HDTVs, their complete integration is, and it’s the always connected camera and microphones, combined with the option of third-party apps (not to mention Samsung’s own software) gives us cause for concern regarding the privacy of TV buyers and their friends and families.

Samsung has not released a privacy policy clarifying what data it is collecting and sharing with regard to the new TV sets.

Read More: http://www.blacklistednews.com/New_Samsung_TVs_Hav...

• Bozette 2012/03/23 14:18:57
    Bozette
    +3
    Smart TV? No thanks. Were I in the market for one though, I would be very concerned with the fact that they have yet to release their privacy policy.

All of these "smart" devices WILL be used to collect information, they/that information WILL be used unethically, they WILL be hackable. Buyer beware.

• Selketskiss 2012/04/05 20:46:58
    Selketskiss
    +1
    I will never buy one...
  • Bozette 2012/03/23 14:18:57
    Bozette
    +3

• Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll 2012/03/23 14:15:25
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +3
    They want cameras in our homes. This is how it will be done.

http://www.computerworld.com/...

http://www.techradar.com/news...
  • Bozette Mr.Hood... 2012/03/23 14:23:29
    Bozette
    +1
    I knew about the Pennsylvania case, but was unaware of the new program in the UK. Thanks for posting the link.
  • Mr.Hood... Bozette 2012/03/23 14:48:33
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +2
    Your welcome :)
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/03/23 13:52:56
    Bingo's Faddah
    +1
    Korean products are still cheap knockoffs of Japanese goods. Samsung?

korean products cheap knockoffs japanese goods samsung
  • krayzrick 2012/03/23 13:41:34
    krayzrick
    +3
    They've been watching us through our TV's forever.
    The screen works both ways....that's why I keep mine in a cabinet with doors.
    cabinet
  • Bozette krayzrick 2012/03/23 14:25:50
    Bozette
    +2
    That only works when you aren't watching it, and would not defeat the microphones.
  • krayzrick Bozette 2012/03/23 14:40:38
    krayzrick
    +2
    I don't watch it much, and always have my clothes on in that room.
    Plus...when the doors are closed, I whisper....
  • Bozette krayzrick 2012/03/23 17:51:17
    Bozette
    +2
    LOL Other than an occasional documentary or movie on the net, I have watched in about three years...but if I want to and I want to do so nekkid, I don't want prying "eyes". Pssst...if you want them to pay attention, whisper. :)
  • Bozette Bozette 2012/03/23 18:18:34
    Bozette
    +1
    Correction...have not watched. :)
  • Karen E 2012/03/23 12:25:38
    Karen E
    +3
    the matrix..........and with their idea of chipping, they can yank the leash any time they wish...........
  • Wahvlvke 2012/03/23 12:00:59
    Wahvlvke
    +1
    Nothing a little duct tape won't cure.
  • ~ The Rebel ~ 2012/03/23 10:26:33
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +2
    CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher:
    More and more personal and household devices are connecting to the internet, from your television to your car navigation systems to your light switches. CIA Director David Petraeus cannot wait to spy on you through them.

Samsung demoed these features to the press earlier this month. The camera and microphones are built into the top if the screen bezel in the 2012 8000-series plasmas and are permanently attached to the top of the 7500- and 8000ES-series LED TVs.

http://www.blacklistednews.co...

2014/10/22 12:28:49