New Parents in Shock as Baby Girl is Born Without Penis.

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/05/18 15:07:56
Wow
Amazing
I think that is
A baby Girl Born in Bangalore in south India Shocked her Parents as she was not born with a penis as her Previous Doctor doing Ultra sound scans had told told her parents

but what shocked them more was that she was born with 4 arms
sound scans told told parents shocked morenbspwas born 4 arms
Lakshmi Tatma, a 2 year-old girl born with four arms and four legs is thought to be the reincarnation of the Hindu Goddess Vishnu.
2 year-old girl born arms legs reincarnation hindu goddess vishnu

Children born with deformities are often viewed as reincarnated gods. Lakshmi is no different. She is named after the four-armed Hindu Goddess of wealth Vishnu, and her parents say she is revered in her village.
gods lakshmi four-armed hindu goddess wealth vishnu parents revered village

“Everybody considers her a goddess at our village,” said her father, Shambhu.

wealth vishnu parents revered village considers goddess village father shambhu

Last Wednesday, however, she underwent a 24 hour surgery to give her a normal body.

The surgery went “wonderfully well,” said Dr. Sharan Patil who led a team of more than 30 surgeons at a hospital in the southern city of Bangalore that performed the marathon procedure to remove the child’s extra limbs, salvage her organs and rebuild her pelvis area.
marathon procedure remove childs extra limbs salvage organs rebuild pelvis

“This girl can now lead as good a life as anyone else,” Patil said

Lakshmi’s parents, who were expected to see the girl later Wednesday, said they were very relieved.
girl lead life patil lakshmis parents expected girl wednesday relieved

“It will be great to see our daughter have a normal body,” her father Shambhu said. “We were worried for her future.”

Doctors at Sparsh Hospital in Bangalore estimated the surgery cost US$625,000, but they did it for free because the girl’s family could not afford it.

“We are very grateful to all the doctors for seeing our plight and deciding to help us,” Shambhu said.

us625000 free girls family afford grateful doctors plight deciding shambhu

Read More: http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/11/18/hindu-godd...

• Julia 2011/05/18 20:45:17
    Amazing
    Julia
    +8
    i saw this story on discovery, i think, and its incredible what she went through and the cultural differences between their village and western society. any parent in america would probably make doctors amputate asap! but look how happy she was before and after surgery, im glad she had a good life after the amputations, and im happy her village treated her wekk, even thoguh they didnt really understand how it happened.

• Aly Hart 2012/04/07 22:41:53
    I think that is
    Aly Hart
    +1
    OLD NEWS.
    lakshmi tatma now
  • JimTheGeek 2012/04/07 22:30:45
    Amazing
    JimTheGeek
    If she's the reincarnation of Vishnu, why was she tampered with. They've destroyed a God!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... JimTheGeek 2012/04/07 23:53:11
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    shes a Deva like a Demi god
  • Anonymous Coward218 2012/04/06 20:19:08
    I think that is
    Anonymous Coward218
    +1
    Pretty neat...I saw her on Discovery a while ago, both PRE, and POST surgery to remove the parasitic twin. Thankfully, now she can have a normal life!
  • Pat 2012/04/06 05:44:31
    Amazing
    +1
    I'm so glad this child could be helped by modern science. Hopefully she will live a long, full life.
  • handimom 2012/04/06 05:21:55
    Wow
    handimom
    +1
    inspiring. There are so many forms of beauty in this world.
  • susan BN-0 2012/04/06 04:46:30
    Amazing
    susan BN-0
    +2
    I'm glad her surgery was a success,she Is a beautiful little girl.
  • Bear 2012/04/06 03:35:47
    Wow
    Bear
    +1
    Thank you to the doctors who donated their time and skills and the hospital that donated other skills.

Is there a place where we can donate to her family?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Bear 2012/04/06 03:55:19
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... links to her family and more information
  • Bear ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/06 05:23:02
    Bear
    Thank you
  • lolitalovely 2012/04/06 02:54:50
    Amazing
    lolitalovely
    +1
    That's the most developed Siamese I've really seen. I've seen 2 half people formed together. I've seen a few extra limbs. I've never seen almost 2 entire people.
  • BreakingThrough 2012/04/06 02:43:05
    Amazing
    BreakingThrough
    I'm glad those doctors did that for that little girl. It shows that there are still nice people in the world willing to lend a helping hand where it is needed most.
  • shadowfang 2012/04/06 02:23:05
    Amazing
    shadowfang
    Wow, that is amazing. When I saw the heading, all I thought was, "well, of course she doesn't have a penis, she's a girl!" But then I saw the pictures.

So cool ;P
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... shadowfang 2012/04/06 03:02:19
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    trying to see who reads the blog and who just reads the headline
  • baii 2012/04/06 01:53:00
    I think that is
    baii
    amazingly lifting story
  • Breezy(: 2012/04/06 00:03:21
    Amazing
    Breezy(:
    I love these kinds of stories (=
  • SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin 2012/04/05 23:33:57 (edited)
    Wow
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    then shes not a girl?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... SebaThe... 2012/04/05 23:53:10
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    looks like you Did not Read the BLOG AT ALL
  • SebaThe... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/14 03:21:19
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    lol i did..
  • Maleficent 2012/04/05 18:23:56
    I think that is
    Maleficent
    it's pretty cool but weird at the same time.
  • ehrhornp 2012/04/05 17:54:04
    Amazing
    ehrhornp
    Glad they were able to fix the defect, Hopefully she will be able to lead a normal life.
  • Greenbay 2012/04/05 17:50:08
    Wow
    Greenbay
    Wow she looks different but that could be good
  • turtledove123 2012/04/05 17:17:12
    Amazing
    turtledove123
    +1
    I am so glad that she cam through the surgery well. She is a beautiful child, and was even before the surgery.
  • Darlin' 2012/04/05 16:14:12
    Amazing
    Darlin'
    Little girl initially was twins but her 'sister' did not develop.. wondering if the parents will allow removal of the extra arms or will want her to retain them for status / religious beliefs.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Darlin' 2012/04/05 16:28:06 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    if you BOTHERED TO READ THE ENTIRE BLOG you would find out and LEARN she had her extra arms and legs removed

See its people like you who do not even bother to read the entire poll and go by the headline and you skim it

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...
  • happyman 2012/04/05 16:10:22
    Amazing
    happyman
    +1
    Thanks for another interesting story.........
  • Pam 2012/04/05 15:15:44
    I think that is
    Pam
    +2
    Whoa, she is lucky that the technology was available for her and also that she had supportive and loving parents. Good luck beautiful!
  • Hobbes 2012/04/05 14:16:45 (edited)
    I think that is
    Hobbes
    +2
    It is obvious that here, twins never completely separated, and only one developed almost complete. It happens more often than the public is aware.

More often, however, children are born with ambiguous genitalia, having both male and female organs. The tragedy in such cases are that the parents choose which gender they want the child to be, and order surgery to make it so. Unfortunately, often the child grows up predominantly the opposite of what the parents chose. This real life drama begs the question of the religious right, Should such children, when grown, be denied happiness in marriage? Where do you draw the line in denying others such happiness?
  • I think that is
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTisdragonflyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    .no comment
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... 2012/04/05 14:13:27
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    why not
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/05 16:55:06
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTisdragonflyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    +1
    because of Travis my family should have never let me watch a kid like that. Being a disabled child myself with adhd it messed up my head. And a couple other things I won't mention. Anything abnormal makes me feel strange.Travis was severely deformed in my own opion they should have the kid aborted. It's personal not saying anything is wrong with this kid getting surgery hopefully they can live normal. But, I can't be around kids like that personally I wouldn't want to.. It makes me not want kids at all.It kinda freaks me out sorry I just didn't want to get into my personal feelings again about this. That kid couldn't even be fed threw the mouth and had no nose and was constantly crying in pain.. And this is where I disagree with my religion on somethings I find it personally repulsive if a child is deformed that bad..
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... 2012/04/05 17:02:54
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    in that girls Religion she is a DEVA who are mortal children of hindu Gods
    so that girl is thought to be the moral offspring of a hindu god
    deva mortal children hindu gods girl moral offspring hindu god

We are all on the Same Journey but we have Differant Paths we all choose the path we are on the Goal is the same to to understand Truth nobody can Tell you what Truth is you have to Educate yourself and let your mind and heart and soul Decide what Truth matters to you

and nobody NOBODY is 100% normal we are all weird in our own way
    educate mind heart soul decide truth matters 100 normal weird
  • Kigan 2012/04/05 14:06:06
    Amazing
    Kigan
    +2
    This is incredible. Not the first time I've heard of this, and still just as incredible.

Just think: Over here amputation would have been immediate.

Where our culture would see deformation, theirs saw beauty.
    Wow
    When a a boy is born without big tits it will be really strange eh?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Mike 2012/04/05 13:46:10
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Techically we all start off female in the womb so we are all born with the potiential for breasts
    a man does have milk duct glands in his pecs ( man tits )
    if a man were to take hormones he could produce milk
  • Booッ 2011/10/06 12:25:47
    Amazing
    Booッ
    There's no penis! Those are arms!
  • Pamu 2011/10/01 13:19:30
    I think that is
    Pamu
    developmental deformity may be result of the genes.
  • sherbear 2011/09/30 01:30:19
    Amazing
    sherbear
    yeah i saw that story on tv, it was really something.
  • GINGERBREAD 2011/09/29 20:04:56
    Wow
    GINGERBREAD
    +1
    I'm amazed and I think the doctors did a fantastic job in the separation. Just think just a few years ago, this child would have been killed. March of medicine I LOVE IT
  • D.C. Willis 2011/09/29 17:56:07
    Amazing
    D.C. Willis
    +1
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there more incidents of this nature in India as apposed to other countries?

2014/09/19 23:54:09