NEED CLARIFICATION : Forcing Gay Agenda = GOOD...Talking About Scripture = BAD..??????????

Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/06/21 09:22:49
Socialists (FKA liberials) Are hypocrites  PERIOD
WE have the RIGHT To Advance Our Agenda in Schools, TV.. ANYWHERE...don't like it? Tough !! We have one of our own as POTUS
Leave a Comment:
A recent Sodahead question (linked below) asks if we are ready for a Gay Disney movie. I haven't found any confirmation of such a project so it's considered a possibility...BUT the rhetoric of some of the responses was interesting to say the least. Some would welcome this movie as a way to 'educate' children that being gay is OK. Their comments prompted me to wonder how THEY , the ones approving the Gay pogrom would say if it went the OTHER way...as in...

DC Comics :
Instead of Alan Scott , the Original Green Lantern coming out as Gay..WHAT IF he came out as a Born Again Christian? Lantern in one hand 'showing the light of the Lord"

Marvel Comics:
Instead of a gay marriage WHAT IF two known characters , man and woman, had a full Christian Wedding with the vows

DISNEY:
instead of a movie about two gay princes WHAT IF they released an animated movie taken from the Bible using Scripture

so what WOULD be the Reaction of these people calling for children to be 'educated' that being gay is ok?

something along these lines..

Claims of a Christian Taliban

SOMEONE IS PUSHING CHRISTIANITY DOWN MY THROAT

SO Bottom Line:

IF one Talks of Scripture and the Word of God one is 'forcing one's views down someone's throat'

BUT

IF one is using all outlets to advance the Gay Agenda onto the Innocent it's considered 'enlightenment' and 'education'

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/fun/are-we-ready-for-a-gay...

• BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/21 09:28:43
    Socialists (FKA liberials) Are hypocrites PERIOD
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +12
    The left is desperate,all the racist queer and other minority agendae are purely to detract from the real problems we,as do you face today.Political correctness is the crutch upon which the enemy of common decency leans so heavily

• Hermes 2012/07/09 17:03:04
    Leave a Comment:
    Hermes
    +2
    Let's start with the simple fact: There is no gay agenda. The idea of a gay agenda was started as sarcasm years ago - and some people actually believe one exists. I find that very sad, bordering on pathetic.

Gay people vary politically all over the spectrum. I am actually on the Left, the real Left, not your fantasy of a Left -- and I know gay people all the way over to the Right. We are the ONLY minority not completely dominated by the Democrats, although I think we should be (only about 65% of gays vote Democratic -- even Hispanics increasingly vote more Democratic than we do) If you ACTUALLY think that what I want to see in the nation in any way resembles what a member of GOProud wants to see, you are deeply troubled and completely out of touch.

Now, next thing. There are dozens of religions in the US, including over 1200 variations on Christianity. Many people, even many Christians (Christian means Christ follower, not biblio-idolator) do not believe that the Bible is anything special, and certainly not "the Word of God." Further, the very existence of a supreme deity is open to question for many, with atheism being the fastest growing religion in the country by percentage, followed by (as I recall) neo-Paganism.

Short statement, I do NOT want my kids (we have ...

Short statement, I do NOT want my kids (we have 3) being taught a religion OTHER than our religion. That means that pushing any religion is NOT appropriate. If I want my child to learn a particular religion, I"LL TAKE THEM TO THAT RELIGION.

And of course, that's the real answer to your false (outright false) conundrum. If Disney produces a movie that has gay characters, parents can take their children, or NOT, as THEY see fit. The exact same way that if I want my children to learn about the Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Pentecostals, or whatever, I can take them, and since I do not, I can NOT take them.

There is no conundrum at all you see. Further you KNOW IT. Parents decide whether their children go to a particular faith or not, and they decide whether they go to a particular movie or not. They decide. Censorship is YOU deciding for MY CHILDREN. Freedom is each of us deciding for our own children and when they are old enough, our children deciding for themselves. For there to be decisions, there needs to be freedom, and there is freedom of religion. You just want to use your religion to censor others' freedom.

That is even sadder than thinking there is a gay agenda.

Kind thoughts,

Reyn
  • Ballade... Hermes 2013/08/27 21:21:17
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    riiiggghht...no gay agenda...doesn't exist...seen the Common Core Curriculum?
  • Hermes Ballade... 2013/08/28 15:47:49
    Hermes
    You can twist, wiggle and sashay all you want, there is no gay agenda. Acknowledging reality is not an agenda. Supporting equality in the Common Core Standards is not something developed by some secret evil gay "cabal" somewhere to go after you (yes YOU), its an acknowledgement of reality developed as a small PART of a voluntarily adopted set of standards developed by the nation’s governors and education commissioners, through their representative organizations the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) who led the development of the Common Core State Standards and continue to lead the initiative now . Teachers, parents, school administrators and experts from across the country together with state leaders provided input into the development of the standards. The standards are intended to improve education and educational access in core areas for ALL students.

FACT: Whether you sir like it or not sexual orientation is, as has been noted over and over by literally hundreds of studies over the last 50 years, involuntary, and spontaneous. Studies also show that it is inborn, or at the very least develops at a very very young age without any conscious decision on the part of the homosexual - certainly in the case of all males...

FACT: Whether you sir like it or not sexual orientation is, as has been noted over and over by literally hundreds of studies over the last 50 years, involuntary, and spontaneous. Studies also show that it is inborn, or at the very least develops at a very very young age without any conscious decision on the part of the homosexual - certainly in the case of all males and most females.

FACT: Whether you like it or not as well, every single major medical, psychological and psychiatric, counseling, pediatric and educational association in the developed world has, after decades of careful study declared homosexuality and heterosexuality alike immutable characteristics and have condemned reparative therapy (the attempt to change orientation through therapy or treatment) as ineffective, and destructive. Homosxuality is regarded and was being shown as early as the time that Freud was still alive to be, a natural sexual variation with no effect on mental health, functionality or societal integration EXCEPT insofar as bullying, prejudice and irrational demands make it a liability for homosexuals in some environments.

FACT: Homosexual young people are bullied at a disproportionate rate, particularly those who present as gender variant in some way. That bullying is encouraged by extremist religious groups and others on the fringe of the Right and is, in the opinion of nearly all experts, the cause of an increased level of self-loathing, self-destructive behavior, and suicide on the part of a certain portion of gay youth. Said bullying is carried out by an increasingly isolated minority of youth, as over 70% of youth fully support their gay friends and family members. (Personal note: My son has had zero issue, literally zero issue - but he does not present as gender variant at all - he does the gym thing, plays some sports, LOVES sports cars - just happens to prefer other boys sexually. His straight friends have zero problem with him therefore and he is quite popular. He can bench me -- and he knows how to fight, so no bullies want to tangle with him and as a result, leave him and other gay kids strictly alone.In no way did we push any of his choices (the gym, sports, anything) they are as much a part of him as the fact that he is gay is.)

FACT: In NON- prejudiced environments, where concern and support for gay youth is equivalent to that received by straight youth, other than love objects, and sexual preference, there is no appreciable difference in development between homosexual and heterosexual youth.

Now, given those facts, supported by thousands of studies and tens of thousands of pages of carefully documented study results -- how is the Core Curriculum Standards, developed almost entirely by straight educated people, part of the "agenda" of a group that happens to simply be the beneficiary of research? And before you say "well there were papers submitted by XXX" - remember that ANYONE can submit and EVERYONE does submit input to groups that oversee things like this. What is selected is based on research, and if you are going to influence policy, your research better be the best -- and if you aren't already a "true believer" the research your side has on homosexuality is so full of holes that one can drive trucks through it.

Now, don't make me choke to death laughing by trying to quote Paul Cameron or his disciples.

I hope this explained my position.
  • Ballade... Hermes 2013/08/28 18:12:29
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    and the ORGINAL statement TV and society will push Gay characters but NOT Christian...and a wager there are more Christians than gays...so shouldn't THEY be represented?
  • Hermes Ballade... 2013/08/29 16:40:08
    Hermes
    Now, go back to my original response which only treated ONE particular paragraph of that post - and ridiculed the idea of the gay agenda, which is not real and never has been but is used as a propaganda point by certain groups of extremists.

I didn't touch the rest of the post, Neither did you when you responded with your initial attempt to claim that the Core Curriculum Standards were part of that mythical construct "the gay agenda."

I note that in this post you said nothing more about that subject and tried to switch? broaden? the topic to the rest of the original post. Very well, since the point re: "the gay agenda" is clearly made, then I'm game.

1. Do you REALLY mean Christian characters? OR do you REALLY mean members of some particular group of Christian sects? Would you be comfortable with a show that presented an Episcopal, or Church of Christ (of the last 4 presidents 3 were either in one of those churches or raised in one.) position? What about Roman Catholic? OR do you really want a show that presents the position of certain Pentecostal and fundamentalist churches? What about characters? There have been several shows with ministers and priests in them - how is that NOT presenting Christian characters? TV characters are regularly seen in churches, particularly...

1. Do you REALLY mean Christian characters? OR do you REALLY mean members of some particular group of Christian sects? Would you be comfortable with a show that presented an Episcopal, or Church of Christ (of the last 4 presidents 3 were either in one of those churches or raised in one.) position? What about Roman Catholic? OR do you really want a show that presents the position of certain Pentecostal and fundamentalist churches? What about characters? There have been several shows with ministers and priests in them - how is that NOT presenting Christian characters? TV characters are regularly seen in churches, particularly Catholic ones of various types, how is THAT not presenting religion? What is it that you REALLY want? The same goes for comic book characters. Spiderman tried to rid himself of the Symbiote in a church, churches are regularly seen and entered in many comic books. Priests and ministers have also been seen in comic books. They are part of life, they are there - just as homosexuals are part of life, and they are there.

2. There is nothing mutually exclusive about homosexuals and Christians. There could easily be homosexual Christian characters. Yes, I know, YOUR particular tiny subsect of Christianity says that can't exist, but many other subsects (there are over 1200) don't agree and neither, privately, do quite a few people in the same church as you. Since some Christians don't agree (Christian means Christ follower, not person who agrees with you), then the combination is easily possible.

3. Additional note: Even in fundamentalist churches, not all people oppose homosexuality, it usually polls in anonymous polls with about 30% support, but more among the younger members. Even gay marriage gains plurality support among young evangelicals and an absolute majority among millenials and younger in evangelical churches: http://www.freedomtomarry.org...

That despite years of propaganda, and it is propaganda, against gay rights.

As for Right wing Christian characters in mainstream comic books - we are in a Capitalist system. Do you think it would sell? What are you willing to wager in terms of money? That is what the producers have to think. Most comic book readers are younger people. Among younger people gay rights, equality and marriage enjoy 81% support according to repeated polling. So, in terms of a gay character, there is no downside for the publisher. I suggest reading the other reading below to better understand why:

Other readings you might find worthwhile: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/1...
  • Buoyant Leadraft 2012/07/02 22:48:47
    Leave a Comment:
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    They are just gay. Big deal. Kids don't even find it interesting.
    I can't wait till that gay Disney fairy tail comes out. It will be really cute and sweet and done well. It won't be a bad nude male thing. You will see. It will all work out okay.
    +1
    The gays forcing their agenda upon is WRONG. And they're the first ones to complain, it's just an example of the rising anarchy.
  • Buoyant... Andrew 2012/07/03 01:46:35
    Buoyant Leadraft
    You will learn to love the gays or else!
  • Andrew Buoyant... 2012/07/05 06:51:32
    Yep that sums up the attitudes of the glbt movement, love us or else!
  • JausiaBaltazar 2012/06/29 03:36:37
    Leave a Comment:
    JausiaBaltazar
    Those answers are a bit weird.. but there are like a thousand freaking Bible scripture movies!! And I have never seen two gay princes so sorry. But everyone should have the right to put it out there however you don't have to shove it into the faces of people that don't care for it.
  • Ballade... JausiaB... 2012/07/01 06:43:02
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    tell that to Marvel and DC
  • Buoyant... Ballade... 2012/07/02 22:50:17
    Buoyant Leadraft
    They have cool new gay comics...YAY
  • Ballade... Buoyant... 2012/07/02 23:03:50
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    so show me the born again Christian Hero in either DC or Marvel?
  • Buoyant... Ballade... 2012/07/02 23:06:41
    Buoyant Leadraft
    THERE ARE NO CHRISTIAN BIGOT HEROS
  • Ballade... Buoyant... 2012/07/02 23:43:59
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    ahhh all Christian are bigots...and of course YOU are the enlightened one...laughter
  • Buoyant... Ballade... 2012/07/04 03:21:18
    Buoyant Leadraft
    I stand by my statement. If you believe in jewish zombies coming back from the dead and virgin births you are an utter retard.
  • Ballade... Buoyant... 2012/07/04 04:43:26
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    "There is none so blind as those that will not see"
  • Buoyant... Ballade... 2012/07/04 04:54:17 (edited)
    Buoyant Leadraft
    You got that right. Now close your eyes and think of you saying what you just said, but this time in a mirror and when you open your eyes it's you who you see speaking those words. Speaking those words to yourself as you look back in the eyes of your own reflection.
  • Staind_wolf94 2012/06/28 00:14:37
    Leave a Comment:
    Staind_wolf94
    +5
    I'm sorry, what exactly is wrong with you? This whole poll is insanely hypocritical enough, but slanting the answers to automatically shed a bad light on anyone who opposes you is just sad and pathetic. I AM for teaching children that being gay is okay. I am NOT for shoving gay beliefs down people's throats, and neither is Brendan McDonald. If you weren't so narrowminded, maybe you would see that.
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/28 00:37:36
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    riiiigghhht...show me the Born Again character in the Tier of DC Superheros..VS the gay Green Lantern?
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/28 00:58:16
    Staind_wolf94
    +3
    Hmm... let's see... maybe they don't have one, because THEY DON'T NEED ONE. Christianity isn't an extremely oppressed group of people. Sure, they are oppressed, but not nearly as much as other groups. Christian extremists have already shoved so much religion down people's throats that anything publicly religious seems that way to the mass public. I will admit that Obama is worsening all of these ordeals with his pro-gay politics, but just look at the republic response. Many of them are giving up all of their anti-christian votes just so that they can bash Obama.
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/28 01:00:47
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    "Hmm... let's see... maybe they don't have one, because THEY DON'T NEED ONE."...BUT we NEED to take a classic character and turn him gay
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/28 02:26:05
    Staind_wolf94
    +3
    They didn't NEED to do that at all. They WANTED to find something new to bring in people who wouldn't normally pay any attention.
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/28 03:15:43
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    they did it to say FU to the Heartland..because 'splian THIS...IF they wanted to bring in people WHY NOT MAKE AN ORGINAL CHARCATER??..NO they took an ESABLISHED character with name recog
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/28 03:29:11
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/28 03:34:24 (edited)
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    ok as we are in language try NOT using foul language on my blog....and thanks when you socialists become spell nazis it mean i have won spell nazis
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/28 14:32:18
    Staind_wolf94
    +2
    yeah, you've definitely won with your 3rd grade dictionary and your ability to point out and argue one out of every four arguments I send your way.
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/28 17:05:25
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    then move along why stay...except to disrupt
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/28 22:19:12
    Staind_wolf94
    +2
    have a nice day.
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/28 22:20:21
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    don't let the door hit you ON THE WAY OUT
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/28 22:24:54
    Staind_wolf94
    +2
    I'm done arguing with you, so don't bother trying to bring me back in with overused "hurtful" lines and misuse of caps lock.
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/29 02:54:16
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    LEAVE or join my block bin there's no third way
  • Staind_... Ballade... 2012/06/29 03:03:56
    Staind_wolf94
    +2
    haha block me. It will save me the trouble, and I then my block bin will still remain clean^^
  • Ballade... Staind_... 2012/06/29 03:06:28
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    anything to oblige a waste of bandwidth
  • Buoyant... Ballade... 2012/07/04 03:24:41
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    did you know almost every living thing has a section of it's population gay?
    If you believe in a real god, you would know it's as it is meant to be."GOD SPEAKING WISE"
  • Buoyant... Ballade... 2012/07/04 03:22:29
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    Dude? Christians are not cool and they don't go to heaven when they die.
  • Vitalani 2012/06/27 23:37:36
    Leave a Comment:
    Vitalani
    +2
    Forcing falsities down my throat=BAD
    Attempting to get people to understand and accept something that is a REALITY right NOW=GOOD.
  • Ballade... Vitalani 2012/06/27 23:39:25
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    guess it all depends which end of the forcing you are on
    Leave a Comment:
    +2
    This post is foolish in the extreme. The only groups really PUSHING their agenda is the rabid radical religious right, the Billionaire vulture capitalists, the Ultra Conservative Obstructionistic Republican/Tea Party; together in their alliance now known as the NEW AMERICAN FASCIST PARTY.
  • Ballade... sjalan 2012/06/27 04:15:52 (edited)
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    oh really all those group;s were behind this???
    Gay Green lantern

2014/09/01 21:18:10