National Go Topless Day Returns to Venice Beach: Do Women Have a Right to Bare Boobs?

Fef 2012/08/17 20:00:00
LAist.com reports: Ladies, time to tame those tan lines in preparation to bare your boobies in the name of, well, the right to do so. GoTopless.org is once again sponsoring its annual march and rally for the equal right for women to go topless. The eye-catching event takes place at Venice Beach on Sunday August 26.
Topless Venice

Read More: http://laist.com/2012/08/06/the_right_to_bare_boob...

+47
    Let's just state things this way ...
    at MY AGE ..
    any woman who is a bit more 'endowed' ..
    any woman who has children ..
    there's a need for "support" ..
    (and that's the truth ..)

REAL Ladies ..
    do not show their 'wares' for general 'consumption' ..
    they act like ladies and cover them up and shore them up ..
    and wear properly fitted garments!

• ★Calliope★ Glfer65 2012/08/27 01:30:05
    ★Calliope★
    Ha.

I'd vote for that. Jack! Oh NO!

But no, not even that. Saggy boobs and all. And that's what is out there if folks want to see women's boobs for equality. Saggy ones, only one, fake ones, scarred ones. Then I can hear the ridicule if they aren't PERFECT.

I don't think men are evolved enough for women being bare-breasted here, it hasn't been a way of life for western civilization for a couple of thousand years. All the serious whack jobs out there that simply couldn't keep their hands off. And come to think of it - a lot of women aren't evolved enough.

In this porn society where it seems what is acceptable is more and more demonstrative sexually, the worse we get - the less we value each other. If we continue to reduce women to boobs and butt, never will there be equality.
  • jere.ch... Glfer65 2012/09/14 17:50:39
    jere.chievres
    Especially "Man" boobs!
  • ★Calliope★ Caviad 2012/08/26 23:03:06
  • joe.noonan2 2012/08/23 20:33:26
    joe.noonan2
    +3
    Breast Idea Ever.
  • Luna Wren joe.noo... 2012/08/25 21:34:24
    Luna Wren
    I see what you did there...
  • James Elliott 2012/08/23 04:05:20
    James Elliott
    +4
    It's not about SEEING boobs(Breast) It's about a womans choice to go bare exactly the same as a man...this country can lead the world in the Olympics time and time again,put a rover on Mars...but can't get past a boob. Damn!!!
  • LuminousLilaLavender 2012/08/22 20:44:47
    LuminousLilaLavender
    +3
    What is wrong with them, as a woman I say it's wrong to have children going around and looking at their best friend's mom's boobs. Men should go topless. Woman shouldn't!
  • joeman 2012/08/22 17:51:30
    joeman
    +2
    They should have the right... Leaves guys with less to imagine on what they look like naked. Americans are the most uptight about this issue. Relax... My grandpa always told me if you've seen 2 you've seen em all
  • thefatguy joeman 2012/08/31 05:43:07
    thefatguy
    Your grandpa is wrong. Each one is different, like snowflakes. My dad always said if you've seen one, you've seen 'em both but he's wrong too. No two are exactly alike and usually they aren't even the same from left to right.
  • DarrellBearJepson 2012/08/22 16:13:37
    DarrellBearJepson
    +2
    Hell yes!
  • Butch 2012/08/22 10:51:43 (edited)
  • Ian 2012/08/22 04:32:38
  • fightingquip 2012/08/22 04:10:59
    fightingquip
    +1
    Uhhhhh..........hell yeah!
  • susan 2012/08/22 02:56:09
    susan
    +3
    I can only assume the majority of the yes votes and their immature responses are from immature men. From men that think with the wrong head. Sadly, there is not much of any thinking happening with the other head either.
  • iamco2000 susan 2012/08/23 12:54:45
    iamco2000
    No assumption required, look at the stats of this question....as of 8/23 @ 8:52a ET 85% of the men responded yes....HOWEVER, you can't ignore that fact that so did 68% of the women, if you're going to make generalizations aimed at one gender over another please at least be honest in your representation of the information available.

Grace to you, Glory to God!
  • FPSRules 2012/08/22 02:51:20
    FPSRules
    +1
    As an all-American heterosexual male (breeder), I would certainly not look away, but for practical reasons I think it's insanity for women to think that men are going to behave in a manner which is contrary to their nature. So, I guess I'm conflicted, eh?
  • thefatguy FPSRules 2012/08/31 05:44:36
    thefatguy
    Those women who voted yes only did so because they are ignorant of male sexuality.
  • Ramón 2012/08/22 02:33:25
    Ramón
    Heck yeah! Let those puppies run free! Let them dangle in the wind, all the days of your life, and then roll them up like a cinnamon roll and tuck them out of site before you step on them!
  • Peggy 2012/08/22 02:13:57
    Peggy
    +1
    I have my own, if I want to see boobs I will take a look. I don't want to see anyone else's. Gravity is a very real aspect on a real woman.)0;
  • Marberico 2012/08/22 01:25:47
    Marberico
    +1
    Women have a right to bare breasts, but why would women want to deny them the support they need.
  • Katfish 2012/08/22 00:49:27
    Katfish
    +1
    You know what they say about breasts, once youv'e seen one set, you want to go ahead and see the rest of them.
  • fatboy 2012/08/21 22:46:17
    fatboy
    Men can do why cant women???????
  • 5musicbox5 2012/08/21 22:26:25
    5musicbox5
    whats all the fuss about being topless it really is nothimg to be a shamed of there are men with equely as big as the woman and there never said any thing about them
  • MS PRUD 2012/08/21 21:34:13
    MS PRUD
    +4
    Ladies have much more pride in themselves to act like a slut.
  • betz MS PRUD 2012/08/26 22:41:21
    betz
    ...and a tramp....because that's what they are.
  • Steamtrain 2012/08/21 20:44:54
    Steamtrain
  • tootsie 2012/08/21 19:08:35
    tootsie
    +2
    I am a nurse and over the years I have seen one to many breasts (young and old) that should not be allowed out for the whole world to see. The weight of larger breasts can be very uncomfortable if not supported. Really, do you really think 5-10#s of tissue hanging from your chest is comfortable? Over time you'll find those breasts hanging down, getting longer and longer from the stretching of the skin on the upper chest. If you don't know, our skin looses elasticity as we get older and not all is it once was. A womens breasts aren't alone when it come to hanging lower. Just ask any man over 45 if he can say part of his body is as tight as it used to be. I know one area where all the exercising in the world will not help from getting lose on him too.
  • Heather 2012/08/21 18:20:57
    Heather
    +3
    No! This is egrading, not because you are showing your boobs, but because they are doing so for attention this has NOTHING to do with equal rights. For the men yep Men of course saying yes okay then Im going to personally give your wives and girlfrends plane tickets to Venice! Whores, sluts what ever you want to call them is exactly what they are not artistic, feminst or whatever. No one should degrade themselves in this way. People think rape is bad now wait if this were to be leagalized, public indeacencie is just that indeacent! Im 18 and would never go out topless.
  • rectoverso Heather 2012/08/25 05:14:36
    rectoverso
    Only America has such an obsession with breasts. Its not degrading for women who are comfortable with their bodies and want to express themselves with such. Just because you hold a personal taboo about breasts doesn't mean the rest the world does. No one here is saying there should be sex on display or public genitals shown, just women with large mammary glands wanting to take their shirt off.
  • charles nelson 2012/08/21 17:05:22
    charles nelson
    +1
    but remember, no shirt, no shoes policies if you want to get slushed.
  • Teo 2012/08/21 16:26:42
    Teo
    +1
    It wont hurt me or anyone I know to see bare-breasted women.
  • theprothinker 2012/08/21 15:51:06
    theprothinker
    Seems a lot of women don't understand . . . . Let's see, in the immortal (or is that immoral) words of Hawkeye Pierce:
    "Margaret, I'm honored, touched... and aroused."
  • Chuck 2012/08/21 15:31:42
    Chuck
    +2
    I think the idea of 'hiding' a woman's breasts is a little on the side of male domination and jealousy. My wife's breast are for me and my babies to view and share and enjoy and NOT for the general public. Of course, if a young woman who is not married and wishes to show her breasts then of course I am all for it and there should be no law against it. But again, once she becomes engaged and having an affair with one man as her selected beau then she should share that with him and him alone.
  • Heather Chuck 2012/08/21 18:07:24
  • Chuck Heather 2012/08/22 15:26:18
    Chuck
    I really don't understand YOUR logic. Breasts are part of the sexual attraction and pleasure. IF you want to share this sexual attraction with men that you are NOT even the slightest bit acquainted then why not just be open all the way and proclaim all women as whores? Any sexual attraction or pleasure you share with those other than your chosen sex partner is certainly promiscuity at it's best. And if that is what women are looking for by wanting to go topless then how is a man supposed to accept a woman as his wife and lover when in reality she is wanting to be every man's wife and lover?
  • Chuck Heather 2012/08/22 15:41:09 (edited)
  • richard.dobbyn2 2012/08/21 14:55:18
    richard.dobbyn2
    +2
    no not unless you are breastfeeding or are on fire lol
  • Invidia 2012/08/21 14:40:10
    Invidia
    +2
    But don't get mad if you catch people staring at your chest.
  • countrygent 2012/08/21 13:48:45
    countrygent
    +1
    ABSOLUTELY! Anywhere, anytime. What a wonderful artistic expression.
  • Plantagenaut 2012/08/21 13:45:43
    Plantagenaut
    ...the rights? just in case...wouldn't it be hypothetical and most definitely inconclusive (ref. local ordinance of your choice..?), conclusive (looks like The Sister of the Cock has left their order for Slams-Candles...), and finally...non-conclusive (am I worthy? probably...are they...probably not. The reason why is there is no continuing resolution that this be an opening for SodaHead to release their own decisions...waiting to make hapless nero's like me show up and think they can just wonder if anyone in their right 'fantasy' wanted to see their's? SodaHead...you better get in the nearest jet and get back here...I just figured out you have escaped again trying to rip me off using my American Express Card...I promise you...your gonna find out I know how to lock doors and throw away keys as well as anybody....ooooow....what was that?

2014/11/28 23:05:12