My knee constantly hurts, Advice?

AlexTheDrummer 2012/11/01 22:01:17
I did not hit it, I did not kneel on it, I did not pinch it, I did not do anything to it.
When I sit in any position and then I stand or extend it, it hurts tremendously for the next three or four steps I take. It's my left knee only.
I think it must be the emotional things in my life that are affecting it.

I'm 14 years old, so my joints are fairly fresh. I don't play any sports, and I don't use my knee or leg unusually.

Do you know why it must be hurting? And/or how to help it?

• Angi 2012/11/02 03:07:22
    Angi
    You need to see a doctor.
  • sue 2012/11/02 01:25:01 (edited)
    sue
    Possibly tendonitis. Very common. You may need some steriod and anti imflamitories. See your doctor.
  • kent 2012/11/01 23:58:13
    kent
    +2
    Don't seek medical advise from an opinion site
  • ☆Katharina☆ 2012/11/01 22:41:20
    ☆Katharina☆
    +1
    Okay first let me ask did you fall? Even a small fall can trigger something. When I was 16 I was helping special needs kids and I fell on the ground. We were playing a game, I thought nothing of the fall. But when my knee bent it hurt. Painfully bad to the point I forced my mom to take me to the doctor. It turns out that my right knee cap moves in and out of place. The reason for this is because one side of the muscle is stronger than the other. I didn't do anything to cause that it just happens and the fall I had loosen it's grip. I know have cartilage lost and fluid in the knee. my advice. Go get a knee brace. They are like $15 or $20 at some stores. Put it on take Advil when it hurts. No more than two Advil though. If that doesn't work make your parents or who ever is taking care of you take you to the doctor. What I have is common in girls. Doctor said that most girls end up getting this when they are growing and the muscles starts firming
  • Joe61 2012/11/01 22:31:23
    Joe61
    You might have a touch of arthritis in your knee joints.....You might be best paying you Doc a visit,
  • sockpuppet 2012/11/01 22:29:24
    sockpuppet
    +1
    Might be a piece of cartilage pinched... if it's gone on for more than a couple of days,
    it would probably be a good idea to go in and have somebody take a look at it. I'd try to stay off of it as much as possible in the meantime. A knee injury can haunt you for years if you don't take care of it. :O(
    +1
    see doc

2014/07/26 07:19:44