Morality Is?

Sister Jean 2012/08/20 19:08:11
Related Topics: Morality

• franky 2012/08/21 17:34:49
  • tristarr 2012/08/21 02:34:20
    I think
    tristarr
    being a decent human,being tolerant,treating all living creatures with love and respect,being a decent contributing member in society.
  • cjd 2012/08/20 21:48:31
    I think
    cjd
    +1
    It's doing what is right for us and not judging
  • No One 2012/08/20 21:21:33
    I think
    No One
    I think morality is best defined by saying that anything that makes someone else feel good, decreases pain, or otherwise helps a person is moral and anything that makes someone else feel bad, decreases pleasure, or otherwise harms another person is immoral. I think that removing any body part if there is no medical need is immoral as it counts as harming another. So for instance circumcision is immoral even if many people do not consider it to be immoral as it removes a body part. I think adding a body part could be moral if it serves a function and helps the body function better but it could be immoral if the added body part is diseased and causes health problems. I also think that whether an action is moral or immoral is a different question from whether a person doing an action is moral or immoral. An action is immoral if it harms and moral if it helps and a person is moral if he/she has intentions to help and immoral if he/she has intentions to harm. A harmful action that is done with the intention of helping is still immoral but a person doing a harmful action with good intentions is moral. So for instance I would consider infant male circumcision to be immoral as it does harm by removing a body part but the ones who circumcise infant males are not always immoral as they usually have good intentions but are just misinformed or not given enough information.
  • Ryoka∞Boy 2012/08/20 20:40:58
    I think
    Ryoka∞Boy
    +1
    Doing what you think it's right and treating everyone equally.
  • Sister ... Ryoka∞Boy 2012/08/20 21:28:00
  • JMCC 2012/08/20 19:12:58
    I think
    JMCC
    +1
    The cornerstone of civilisation and one of the key qualities that elevates man...

2014/10/30 16:48:54