Mom Says Teacher Had Students Slap Her 6 Year Old Son As A Form Of Discipline.

zbacku 2012/06/18 21:52:55
Care To Comment?
What Do You Think?
I Would Have Slapped Her Silly.
ABC News' Ryan Owens reports:

A mother of a 6-year-old boy says her son was slapped by each of his classmates on the orders of their teacher as a form of discipline.

Aiden Neely was accused of being a bully at his school, Salinas Elementary School, near San Antonio, Texas. His kindergarten teacher came up with a creative way to put an end to the alleged bullying. The teacher is accused of having 24 other students in the class line up and slap Neely one-by-one.

"He was hit on the head, in the face, on the back. And all the kids hit him twice," said Amy Neely, the boy's mother. "He had friends in that class, and friends didn't want to hit him, but the teacher instructed them to hit him."

The incident occurred in early May, but Neely was not informed about it until weeks later when the principal called.

"The teacher told him not to tell us," said Neely. "My stomach was in knots. It was horrible."

The Judson Independent School District fired the teacher accused of hatching the most unusual anti-bullying lesson. She has been charged, along with another teacher who allegedly failed to report the incident, with a misdemeanor, according to the chief of the school district's police.

District officials have not identified either teacher.

"We are doing everything we can to make sure that these kinds of incidents don't happen again," said district spokesman Steve Linscomb.

The misdemeanor charge is official oppression. In Texas, it amounts to a public servant who misuses their position. It's not enough for Neely, who wants to make sure the teacher can never step foot inside another classroom again.

"I just want to make sure that she isn't able to teach again," said Neely. "I just want to make sure that justice is served for Aiden."

Read More: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mom-says-teac...

• Spyrit Wulf 2012/06/20 18:31:31
    Care To Comment?
    Spyrit Wulf
    this is a humiliating and wrong form of punishment. If the kid was really a bully there are other ways to deal with it. there is no need to scar a six year old child for life, by subjecting him to something like this.
  • fortycal_sig 2012/06/19 05:07:30
    Care To Comment?
    fortycal_sig
    +1
    Hmm, bullying teacher vs. bullying kid. Teacher definitely mishandled this one, but I'd have to know more about the kid's behavior and history in the class before I passed final judgement.
  • KingdomNow 2012/06/19 04:45:30
    I Would Have Slapped Her Silly.
    KingdomNow
    +1
    That woman deserves jail.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/06/19 04:16:48
    What Do You Think?
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    I think this "teacher" needs to find a new career. One that doesn't involve children at all -- possibly one that doesn't involve any people. Maybe she could pick up trash in the parks or something.

And I think the school needs to look at what happened, because if the kid IS a bully, measures need to be taken in that direction too. The fact that the kid obeyed the teacher and didn't tell his parents mystifies me -- and makes me wonder about his home.

The other teacher who didn't report the "incident" is almost as bad.

I'm pretty surprised that 25 kids kept their mouths shut for weeks about this.
  • Me 2012/06/19 02:48:54
    I Would Have Slapped Her Silly.
    Me
  • rockyjr5 2012/06/19 00:51:49
    What Do You Think?
    rockyjr5
    +1
    I think she's a jerk for allowing the students to do that to that poor kid. I hope that, that teacher gets fired for allowing something like that to happen.
  • wtxwoman 2012/06/19 00:45:37
    Care To Comment?
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Bad call on the part of the teacher, very inmature and ignorant. I'm sure she wanted to teach him a lesson. Hitting someone to teach them not to hit is a little stupid.
    What Do You Think?
    What happened to the boy for bullying?
  • zbacku Ken 2012/06/19 03:09:42
    zbacku
    +1
    He got beaten up by the class.
  • Ken zbacku 2012/06/19 16:26:16
    That was taken care of by the teacher's firing, what official punishment did he receive for the bullying?
  • Lady Wh... Ken 2012/06/19 15:02:51
    +1
    most likely NOTHING.
  • Walt 2012/06/18 23:30:06
    Care To Comment?
    Walt
    +1
    Since the teacher had 24 students strike the child 2x each, she should be charged with 48 counts of assault.
  • Elephant Lord 2012/06/18 23:18:55
    Care To Comment?
    Elephant Lord
    +1
    Some people just aren't meant to work with kids.
  • Horace 2012/06/18 23:08:45
    What Do You Think?
    Horace
    Another case of trusting the word of a 6 year old child against an educator. Is it any wonder that schools are failing when children can tell there parents whatever they want to get their teachers fired?
  • The Judge 2012/06/18 22:45:57
    I Would Have Slapped Her Silly.
    The Judge
    +1
    The Teacher I would have slapped
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/06/18 22:42:28
    What Do You Think?
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    Well, I bet he won't be bullying anymore. Lol
  • zbacku ««Ginge... 2012/06/19 03:10:15
    zbacku
    Neither will the teacher.
  • Lady Wh... ««Ginge... 2012/06/19 15:03:14
  • Aingean 2012/06/18 22:31:59
    I Would Have Slapped Her Silly.
    Aingean
    +1
    If a teacher ever told another student to harm my child it would be on. If they have a problem with my son they need to call me. I'd deck a teacher for laying a hand on or provoking other kids to lay a hand on my child.
  • blissful 2012/06/18 22:22:57
    What Do You Think?
    blissful
    +1
    Even-though she meant well about this thing. She shouldn't of taken-it upon herself to resolve the problem. She should of first called the parents to notify them of the problem and also notified the Principle. Now she brought more problems on herself and had better hope she don't have Charges put against her.. Tsh!-tsh!
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/06/18 22:20:02
    What Do You Think?
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +1
    The teacher used extremely poor judgement.
  • cynsity 2012/06/18 22:17:19
    Care To Comment?
    cynsity
    +1
    wow! I am a public school teacher (although I teach secondary grades) and all I can come up with is WOW! and then I ask how did this teacher get a license to teach? was she a first year teacher? and who the heck mentored her so she woud even consider this? WOW... I guess too I have to ask what nut job has told people that 6yo-s understand what it means to "bully" they dont. They understand that they want what they want and that is all that matters, but bullying isn't about having anything material its about pumping up self esteme by tearing others down and that is a higher brain function than 6yo-s have.
  • Selketskiss 2012/06/18 22:14:08
    Care To Comment?
    Selketskiss
    +1
    This teacher is fired from this school but they will hire her at another school, they shuffle these low life union teachers all around the country. That was a great way to teach these kids it is ok to smack around another kid..and with teacher seal of approval. I say she should go to jail....
  • Dave 2012/06/18 22:05:13
    Care To Comment?
    Dave
    Hitting that poor child is a crime. It's obvious it's the bully's MOTHER who needs several slaps upside the head.
  • zbacku Dave 2012/06/19 03:11:30
    zbacku
    I would say that it is the Teacher that needs to be 'put in her place'
  • krayzrick 2012/06/18 22:00:09
    Care To Comment?
    krayzrick
    +2
    Time to fire another teacher...
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/06/18 21:55:49
    Care To Comment?
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +1
    Now a days that sounds crazy. When I was that age my mom would tell my teachers if I got out of hand that they should smack me. It was a different generation.
  • Dave The Eli... 2012/06/18 22:06:30
    Dave
    +3
    Notice how the mom denies her little precious did anything to deserve getting smacked ?
  • Aingean Dave 2012/06/18 22:34:34
    Aingean
    +1
    Even if deserved the teacher should have had the parents deal with it. Not all parents will brush it off. She had no right to do something like that.
  • The Eli... Dave 2012/06/19 00:29:12
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +2
    That's certainly a sign of the present times. When I was a kid I never had the luxury of blaming music & movies for all the dumb a$$ sh!t I did. If I piledrived my little sisters head in to the pavement My parents didn't sue Vince McMahon. My dad would put me into a sleeper hold and tapping out wasn't an option.
  • RobHom The Eli... 2012/06/19 01:36:53
    RobHom
    +1
    Yep, and getting wailed on seriously was the general order of the day. My dad was an Army Officer and a Ranger....with a lousy sense of humor...you learned real quick to stay out of trouble....or the lesson you got centered around "pain"......
  • The Eli... RobHom 2012/06/19 22:57:51
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +1
    Pain was certainly a great motivator. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if all the bad things I decided not to do were inspired by subconsciously remembering an ass kicking I received as a child.
  • RobHom The Eli... 2012/06/21 00:21:45
    RobHom
    +1
    No doubt! I know I always weighed the consequences against the fun factor.... And the pain factor weighed very heavily in the considerations...
  • The Eli... RobHom 2012/06/21 00:44:45
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +1
    My dad used to say.
    "If I can't teach you the Golden Rule, I can teach You the Red Ass Rule."
  • RobHom The Eli... 2012/06/21 02:04:11
    RobHom
    +1
    My mom used to say: Wait til your father gets home, then when he got home and they talked....he would call you to the living room and tell you to come and stand right in front of him....at which time you knew your ass was grass...and he was the lawnmower!!
  • The Eli... RobHom 2012/06/21 22:00:19
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +1
    That's another cliche' he used.
  • Lady Wh... Dave 2012/06/19 15:03:47
    YUP!
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/18 21:53:49
    Care To Comment?
    HarleyCharley
    +1
    that sounds pretty bad....

2014/07/24 14:37:54