Mom Allegedly Hires Strippers for Son's 16th Birthday Party: Should She Go to Jail?

Chris D 2013/02/22 19:00:00
I guess the "cool" mom isn't so cool, when bringing strippers to her 16-year-old son's birthday party may result in jail time. Do you think she should have to serve time over this?

ABCNEWS.GO.COM reports:
A South Glens Falls, N.Y., mother is facing jail time after allegedly hiring two strippers to dance at her 16-year-old's birthday party.
mother facing jail allegedly hiring strippers dance 16-year-olds birthday party

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-allegedly-hires-strip...

• Fef 2013/02/22 19:59:17
    Fef
    +15
    The mom has more flexibility with her son, but she had other underage children at the party, for whom the strippers performed intimate dances.

I would want some recourse if someone else exposed my children to such an inappropriate debauchery for minors.

• John Duffee 2013/06/05 22:28:50
    John Duffee
    Pretty damn stupid, but it doesn't deserve that level of punishment.
  • Alacrity 2013/05/27 06:36:54
    Alacrity
    http://youtu.be/cl88QEll-Xc <--“I’m Yours” w lyrics by Jason Mraz
  • JC 2013/05/25 02:57:46
    JC
    um.......NOOOOO!!!
  • JC JC 2013/05/25 02:58:51
    JC
    I MEAN NO TO HIRING A STRIPPER FOR YOUR KID, YES SHE SHOULD HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!
  • swedishrosezee 2013/05/24 02:19:58 (edited)
    swedishrosezee
    +1
    Jesus...doesn't your son have friends to do that for him?? That's not really a mother role and especially not at 16. May as well have bought him a prostitute, at least then it would have been discreet.
  • Alacrity swedish... 2013/05/27 06:37:38
    Alacrity
  • xianpoxi 2013/05/22 19:04:36
    xianpoxi
    I'm not sure what the actual punishments should be for such a thing, but this is definitely NOT OK and should be punished.
  • coolguy 2013/03/29 03:27:26
    coolguy
    +2
    Was she a stripper
  • Alacrity coolguy 2013/05/27 06:38:10
    Alacrity
    She was the stripper!
  • coolguy Alacrity 2013/05/27 07:05:52
    coolguy
    Incest alert
  • Alacrity coolguy 2013/05/27 07:14:32
  • Joker 2013/03/24 03:25:07
    Joker
    +2
    really lucky kid
  • Think While It's Still Legal 2013/03/19 04:46:49
    Think While It's Still Legal
    +2
    Lucky kid!
  • Brian Decker 2013/03/14 01:24:08
    Brian Decker
    +4
    Serving time is just ridiculous. Slap her with a fine and be done with it.
  • SW 2013/03/11 21:14:35
    SW
    +2
    BEST MOM EVER! She should get MOM OF THE YEAR! Oh no strippers! Pshshsh .. we're so up tight....
  • xianpoxi SW 2013/05/22 19:05:55
    xianpoxi
    +1
    You really think a mother should be that involved w/ her son's sexual activity?
    This is sick.
  • SW xianpoxi 2013/05/24 13:52:52
    SW
    +1
    A stripper isn't sexual activity... unless you're in Tijuana.
  • xianpoxi SW 2013/05/25 19:44:00
    xianpoxi
    +1
    Oh yeah, what was I thinking! they must hire strippers to show off their quilting skills!

Gee what meaningful parental bonding, watching her son have his first lap dance!
  • SW xianpoxi 2013/05/28 17:41:03
    SW
    Maybe not "meaningful" but then what birthday activity is? A clown? And maybe I wouldn't hire strippers for my son's 16th birthday party.. but nobody should be getting jail time for it. Strippers don't hurt anybody. They're strippers. They strip and dance. Oh no. It's the end of the world.
  • xianpoxi SW 2013/05/28 19:23:05
    xianpoxi
    This is very comparable to an Adult distributing pornographic material to minors, both her own son and others. If you don't understand the emotional and psychological problems with that, then you need to to read some case studies for sexual abuse.

This is damaging on several levels, both because the mother is taking an inappropriate role and because she's influencing other people's children.
  • Leona Hill 2013/03/02 19:41:13
    Leona Hill
    +1
    I'd hate to see her go to jail for being stupid. If that was what her son wanted, I sort of get it, but the really bad thing about it is that all the kids he invited to his party saw those strippers. I am sure there are some totally outraged parents, and she had no right to do that, when it involved those other people's kids. Hell, maybe she should go to jail.
  • Alacrity Leona Hill 2013/05/27 06:39:04 (edited)
    Alacrity
    Perhaps, she was the stripper! for her son and his buddies! That would be more salacious and illegal.
  • JustMe 2013/02/28 18:04:53
    JustMe
    +1
    That's stupid, a bad move on her part sure, but pointlessly blown out of proportion. Moral of the story, wait til the kids go home before giving big boy gifts
  • Sebastian 2013/02/27 15:35:14
    Sebastian
    +2
    Damn, wish I had a mom like that when I was a kid ;)
  • ice steel Sebastian 2013/02/27 18:15:33
  • Alacrity ice steel 2013/05/27 06:39:31
    Alacrity
    Tater Tots
  • ice steel Alacrity 2013/06/03 11:45:24
    ice steel
    They're awesome things haha
    Thanks for the comment mister
  • Jim 2013/02/27 15:08:25
    Jim
    +1
    No but she should be made to go to parenting classes because her judgment as a parent seems to be lacking or impaired. It’s one thing to be stupid enough to subject your own 16 year old boy to debauchery but to include other children not your own, without the permission of their parents is just ignorant, thoughtless, rude and above all dangerous. It is a scientific fact that the male teenage brain does not process information correctly. It lacks the ability to think far enough ahead to understand actions and consequences. Subjecting a bunch of 15 and 16 year old males to a stripper party with the permission of an adult no less, sends a dangerous and very wrong message. It sends a message that says it is perfectly ok to objectify women and that girls are meant to be used for sexual gratification. Parents today need to stop trying to be the "cool" parent and use some God damn common sense.
    The mom in questions is obviously a certified idiot but being an idiot isn't a crime; at least as far as I know.
  • PatLabat 2013/02/27 14:28:21
    PatLabat
    +4
    Can i have a mom like her please?
  • ice steel PatLabat 2013/02/27 18:16:27
    ice steel
    +1
    Wait, you want a mom like that still you want to jail her butt?
    Kinda out there don't u think cuz?
  • PatLabat ice steel 2013/02/27 20:22:54
    PatLabat
    +1
    Well im not 16 but 21.. She wouldn't get jailed :) #Itsajoke
  • GG 2013/02/27 13:42:28 (edited)
    GG
    +1
    If it was just her son there, then no. But if she had other minors in there who did not get premission/ or she didn't notify the parents that there were going to be strippers, she needs some type of punishment. And if the punishment is jail, then oh well.
    That's what she gets for trying to be a 'cool' mom.
  • ice steel GG 2013/02/27 18:23:40
    ice steel
    +1
    That is cockamamie
    Jail means taking a person's freedom. There is nothing more severe, it's worst than dying, it's sacred more than any other value, you should know it as an American citizen(no preaching or anything)

Even if she deserves some kind of punishment, it's far less than that.

You've got to know I'm right on this ma'am, you can't play "prison roulette" with someone's life , you can't just say "oh well she deserves a punishment, if jail's the solution than 'oh well' " this is being lightheaded and reckless about something with heavy weight

But if you realize that you've exaggerated, it's cool
    :)
  • GG ice steel 2013/02/28 03:25:31
    GG
    +3
    Yes you are absolutely right, there is nothing more severe than taking away a person's freedom.
    So why put yourself in a position where it can be taken away?

She has five counts of endangering the welfare of a child. Other kids who were in the age group from 15-13 were also at the party. The parents of those kids had no knowledge what was going on until the kids/teens were posting pictures of the event.

So in short, she broke the law. There was evidence presented and according to that evidence her punishment was jail. The only one who was playing "prison roulette" was her and she lost (obviously). She knew better but decided to be her kid's cool parent instead of just using common sense.

Now if her punishment were in my hands, I would have made sure paid a hefty (emphasis on hefty) fine. But it's not up to me.
  • ice steel GG 2013/02/28 12:48:31
    ice steel
    +2
    I get what you're saying ma'am and you are quite right, I'm just not sure she knew exactly what her actions can bring about and her intentions were probably straight
    Therefore,I think we, the people should at least protest for her behalf that she must not be jailed, for she is not a criminal who really hurt anyone, she just tried to do something cool for her son, and maybe his friends. And come one, with all the stuff kids are exposed to these days, do you really think seeing a few strippers would do that much damage if any at all?
    Regardless to what I think (which is that she is cool), Even if some people, and the law disagree with me, no one can treat her like a criminal that needs to be stripped of her rights altogether
    Notice how I used the "stripped" in a subtextual repitition, that was pretty sharp right? hahaha

Just stating
    Have a beautiful day
  • GG ice steel 2013/02/28 14:05:01
    GG
    +2
    'I'm just not sure she knew exactly what her actions can bring about and her intentions were probably straight'

Don't make excuses for her.
    As an adult she should know what she can and can not do (unless she is mentally ill). If her intentions were straight, then why not tell other parents about what was going on? At the end of the day, she failed to be responsible. Hiring a stripper for her son is her call. Hiring a stripper for her son and have other kids who are underage attend to watch is not her call. (yes I know I sound like a broken record, but this could have been avoided if she was being responsible).
    She scarficed her freedom for popularity, I hope it was worth it.

Again, I don't think she should be in jail either, but she put her fate in the hands of the court. Now she has to spend her time in jail reflecting about what she did wrong.

And you have a beautiful day as well :D.
  • ice steel GG 2013/02/28 14:35:56
    ice steel
    +2
    Thank you ma'am
  • Alacrity GG 2013/05/27 06:40:58
    Alacrity
    Actually, she was the stripper for her son and his buddies... having a ball!
  • GG Alacrity 2013/05/28 16:53:01
    GG
    +1
    Lol Still doesn't change the fact that she was being irresponsible.
  • Alacrity GG 2013/05/28 17:26:37
    Alacrity
    I agree that she was irresponsible and possibly guilty of contributing to the delinquency of minors (without alcohol, I presume). She went way overboard in trying to instill something of maturity in her son. The story doesn't say anything about her son and his buddies at a birthday party and their character or her motivations. The situation is fraught with too many possibilities--my imagination goes wild.

2014/10/31 11:33:54