Mental illness ... curse from god or biological mishap?

ashdragon88 2010/04/19 23:05:09
Do you believe that mental illness is caused from biological factors influenced by living conditions, situations, etc or do you believe that mental illness is something else ...

• MrNiceGuy 2010/04/19 23:08:08 (edited)
    MrNiceGuy
    +2
    Biological causation.

edit: Which would imply that there is no such thing as mental illness. Google 'myth of mental illess - Thomas Szasz'.

• mrjhyjkr 2011/01/02 12:31:28
    mrjhyjkr
    A curse from god! I am mentally slow myself, and wish I’ve never been born! Listen to me and learn from someone who has to live in a world that doesn’t understand, and the few who do, only pity us, and think they have the dam almighty answer that think that will make us feel good.
    Who ever says school was the best years of there life, was probably the bully and hatefully intimidating teachers that thought picking on people like us was a joke, and they go on with no regret and end up living wonderful rich fulfilling lives, and not thinking once of us who they stepped on to get to where there at!

Warning, be prepared for a life of irreversible challenges, financial debt, anger, depression, federal assistance embarrassment. One can quote “disable are able” or loooove! The few (if any) that even made it, had a very wealthy upbringing, background, or they were “grandfathered” in. Oh, I suppose some snotty nose college graduate scholar can say “I work hard to get to were I am” yea right! So what pal, your just one of many gifted not to have a mental problem, so just go on your selfish luxury happy go lucky life and not give a dam bout the people who worked below you to help get to were your at!

Though I only make less that $1,000 a month on disability, (doesn’t give much oth...

Though I only make less that $1,000 a month on disability, (doesn’t give much other federal help unless I make less or a senior citizen), and I speak of others like me could live well and work productive, and productively in a wealthy persons world, but a wealthy, (mummy and daddy gave me everything I want) world person, would NOT last 5 seconds in my world!

Though I’m just over 50, never been married (don’t care to be) and one relationship,
    (until she was killed by a drunk driver, thanks you, you moron!)
    She was the only woman who ever understood my challenges, (and pretty I may add).
    No one else seems to care.
    Anyway, don’t have children, let alone children( and normal children) are nothing than screaming, loud mouth, trouble makin, heven brats, and there notorious for pre-judging adults with mental challenges, and getting them in trouble. Basically, children should be ignored, WC Fields was right when he quoted, “go away kid, you bother me!”
    Those are my view, sincerely,
    Sour Bitter.
  • Earthly Resident 2010/04/20 00:18:17
    Earthly Resident
    i find it disturbing that u would consider it a non-biological product when it has already been proven to be
  • ashdrag... Earthly... 2010/04/20 15:18:41
    ashdragon88
    actually i formed this question after reading a blog in which someone stated that mental illness was induced by god and only after acceptance of jesus christ as your savior that you start to get better ... i was dumbfounded and was curious if anyone else out there believed like that.
  • Pam 2010/04/19 23:15:33
    Pam
    +1
    There are mental illnesses, and they are biological. They can start out by living conditions (such as extreme abuse) but when the mind tries to defend against the abuse, you get chemical changes which can actually leave you biologically mentally ill. Also prolonged extreme stress can cause chemical changes in the brain which can lead to mental illness (such as post traumatic stress disorder). Also, some people are born mentally ill to mothers who have abused drugs or alcohol during their pregnancy, causing neural defects in the brain. It is very, very sad to see these cases. Good question.
  • ashdrag... Pam 2010/04/19 23:16:52
    ashdragon88
    +1
    great answer =)
  • cindy Pam 2014/12/04 09:48:33
    cindy
    +2
    Great answer and yes it is very sad as these people are disadvantaged and struggle through life. Most are unaware these causes and conditions as well.
  • Prometheus~phaet~ 2010/04/19 23:14:02
  • King Cnut 2010/04/19 23:10:12
    King Cnut
    +1
    Mental illness is caused by microwaves, broadcast by the government. If you discover too much then they tamper with your thoughts.
    MrNiceGuy
    +2
    Biological causation.

• Rhea MrNiceGuy 2010/04/29 01:26:16 (edited)
    Rhea
    +1
    check out http://antipsychiatry.org/

edited because I gave the wrong address

2014/12/21 15:10:15