Men: Where have you gone shirtless?

Shirtfree Chuck 2013/05/21 01:41:37
Many men go shirtless around the house and in the yard, but there are those extremists who like more of a challenge. Where, in your opinion, is the most extreme place you have visited without a shirt?

• John T 2013/05/21 18:46:45
    To the grocery store
    John T
    +3
    But the most unusual places I've done it is a taxi, and a few restaurants.

• Kenneth Huang 2014/07/27 10:21:33
    Walking on the street
    Kenneth Huang
    Actually I've been shirtless to the grocery store (not sure why I didn't pick that option), as well as driving, fast food restaurants, and going to the library. The library might have been the most risque place I've gone shirtless, though I've never been asked to leave. I have been refused service at some fast food restaurants for being shirtless.
  • BrandonJason 2014/04/05 05:38:58
    BrandonJason
    +1
    I love going half naked in the summer it feels good.
  • Max 2014/02/27 09:49:35
    Other (please elaborate)
    Max
    Max
  • Max Max 2014/03/04 10:04:48
    Max
    +3
    Angus may be onto something regarding the appeal of men ironing shirtless to women considering many observations and one personal experience in a hostel. I began to notice that whenever male guest (all of them young) were ironing at the provided ironing board, usually located in the lounge area or "ironing nook", ..... They were always shirtless,....... and quite often, there would be one or more young women present, chatting in a manner suggesting that they and the man had just met, with some of the women acting rather casual while others were more openly flirtatious, but all appeared to be enjoying the experience, even though I didn't observe any touching. It looked promising, so I tried it myself in 2002 at a Tahiti hostel. So donning only low rise brief cotton shorts, I began ironing in the "ironing nook" off the hallway, a heavy traffic area with quick results. All the young female guest and some staff, at the very least, offered a flirty smile with most saying "hello" in various ways, and some returned later to chat, if only very briefly, in addition to the others who did likewise on first sight. The climax was one very attractive young Danish woman who requested photos after chatting a while, having me pose to her liking while I ironed, ..... ("Chest out, ....... c'o...
    Angus may be onto something regarding the appeal of men ironing shirtless to women considering many observations and one personal experience in a hostel. I began to notice that whenever male guest (all of them young) were ironing at the provided ironing board, usually located in the lounge area or "ironing nook", ..... They were always shirtless,....... and quite often, there would be one or more young women present, chatting in a manner suggesting that they and the man had just met, with some of the women acting rather casual while others were more openly flirtatious, but all appeared to be enjoying the experience, even though I didn't observe any touching. It looked promising, so I tried it myself in 2002 at a Tahiti hostel. So donning only low rise brief cotton shorts, I began ironing in the "ironing nook" off the hallway, a heavy traffic area with quick results. All the young female guest and some staff, at the very least, offered a flirty smile with most saying "hello" in various ways, and some returned later to chat, if only very briefly, in addition to the others who did likewise on first sight. The climax was one very attractive young Danish woman who requested photos after chatting a while, having me pose to her liking while I ironed, ..... ("Chest out, ....... c'on puff it out!, tummy in, ..... hold it!) shooting at least 20 pics until a low battery brought the shoot to an end, so my hope of her posing with me, her soft warm hands placed on me here and there, were dashed ....... but I really loved that attention anyway, and still laugh about it! So what was the appeal? Well, I was thinking of a clever way to enquire when she stated: "I have a weakness for an attractive male torso" Then went on to elaborate: "There is something about [such a man] ironing shirtless that, well ......... I don't know, ...... seems so inviting and welcoming, ........... like a big, loveable ......... creature or something?, ......... ya' know? Her fluency in English was only moderate, but I got her drift, ......... that crazy, "girly" energy, that can be so annoying in most of it's other manifestations was totally blissful in that particular one, ....... especially at that energy level! She concluded with stating that she thought that most women, conditioned by society, tradition, upbringing, etc. were somewhat (or very) afraid of that ....... "inner voice"?, ........ "pull"?, and so probably denied it, ...... or never had it in the first place. Her longterm goal was to be a psychiatrist specialising in women's issues, and she intended to put her theories to the test, then further explained why she thought that such an "energy" was very real. I think that is about as good of an explanation as you can get for the appeal of the "shirtless man ironing" thing, ........ it appears to be real!
  • Angus to Shirtfr 2014/01/07 10:13:31
    Other (please elaborate)
    Angus to Shirtfr
    Sucker? ...... Well Shirtfr, if they only wanted their ironing done, why did they all stay for the whole time I was ironing, (almost four hours) instead of leaving when their individual ironing was done? In fact, there was animosity between one group of four friends and another group of three friends and they kept taunting each other to leave, while the remaining two young ladies acted as "peacekeepers" to keep the two groups from fighting too much, one keeping track of "caressing privilege" turn order and time limit using her watch timer, originally for five minutes, then three, then two minutes, as they became impatient waiting too long for their next turn. Women really do enjoy such "silly romantic" activities more then they are likely to admit, even to close friends ...... or even themselves!, as they have been conditioned by society and upbringing to deny such desires. The reason they enjoyed caressing me so much was (1) the unique opportunity- me ironing away clad only in 70's style gym shorts, and (2), the fact that they could enjoy such a pleasure for simply what it was, .... it wasn't "foreplay", it was the main act! They all complained that their present/former boyfriends would take such attention as "apatite wetting" for conventional sex, instead of enjoying...
    Sucker? ...... Well Shirtfr, if they only wanted their ironing done, why did they all stay for the whole time I was ironing, (almost four hours) instead of leaving when their individual ironing was done? In fact, there was animosity between one group of four friends and another group of three friends and they kept taunting each other to leave, while the remaining two young ladies acted as "peacekeepers" to keep the two groups from fighting too much, one keeping track of "caressing privilege" turn order and time limit using her watch timer, originally for five minutes, then three, then two minutes, as they became impatient waiting too long for their next turn. Women really do enjoy such "silly romantic" activities more then they are likely to admit, even to close friends ...... or even themselves!, as they have been conditioned by society and upbringing to deny such desires. The reason they enjoyed caressing me so much was (1) the unique opportunity- me ironing away clad only in 70's style gym shorts, and (2), the fact that they could enjoy such a pleasure for simply what it was, .... it wasn't "foreplay", it was the main act! They all complained that their present/former boyfriends would take such attention as "apatite wetting" for conventional sex, instead of enjoying it for it's own pleasure. When one of them ask me (as she was caressing me) if I could do this for long periods of time with a regular girlfriend and I gave the affirmative, they all gave a collective "aaaahhhh!", and when I mentioned that I loved to be tickled by women, they moaned how the present/former boyfriends hated it, and joked about how they needed to find "new boyfriends", i.e. ones who would enjoy such pleasures, .... so I just hope they actually carried out the "threat", as I did feel sorry for them in that situation, and should have given them words of encouragement but did not think of it until later. Not long after the ironing was finished, the blokes started to returning to the lobby and the ladies all issued the "goodbye" hugs then dashed off to their rooms, as they were not too keen on most of the male guest. They wanted to take me back to one of their rooms and give me a healthy "thank you" tickling but realised that my crazy laughter would stir up the blokes like a hornet's nest, and I had to check out the next morning, so that was an additional pleasure I never got to enjoy. I hope some other blokes who stayed at that Bondi Beach Hostel and had similar "shirtless ironing" experiences in the "ironing nook", (or perhaps at some other accommodation) will read this and tell of their fun adventures with their sheila admirers! I suspect that cartoonish sign of the young clad in shorts only bloke happily ironing was most likely inspired by regular observation of staff, ........ so a big "Cheers" to all who conceived and created that sign, it resulted in an experience I will never forget!
  • Angus 2013/12/15 09:14:21
    Other (please elaborate)
    Angus
    At a Sydney hostel, where an ironing board was set up for guest use, my idea was tested. Wearing only my 70's style jogging shorts I proceeded to iron, and soon two lovely sheilas showed up with a warm greeting. I told them that I would be happy to do their ironing as well, so they returned with what was likely all their packed clothing. Before I even started on theirs, three others showed up and took advantage of my offer, soon I had a harem standing around while I did their ironing! The timing was perfect, as all other male guest were absent, and since there were nine of them, it didn't take long for them to muster up the courage to start touching and caressing me for almost four hours until the ironing was finished. I'll take that over conventional sex any day! I discoverd that ironing shirtless is a much more powerful "chick magnet" than expensive cloths or a flashy car-and a lot cheaper! The bloke would have to be reasonably "hot" so if you meet that requirement, try it, it works, ...... women really are attracted to that more than they are likely to admit! I'll have to admit though that the idea wasn't totally mine, but was inspired by a thin plywood sign on the wall of the "Ironing nook", featuring a cartoonish graphic of a muscular young bloke happily ironing away clad only in the above mentioned style of shorts, .... so a tip of the hat to whoever made that sign!
  • Shirtfr... Angus 2013/12/16 02:16:17
    Shirtfree Chuck
    Sucker. The sign gives it away. The "chicks" got their ironing done for free. You flatter yourself. The ironing was the attraction, not your bare chest.
  • GeorgeT... Shirtfr... 2014/01/15 23:51:09
    GeorgeTSLC .
    I'd bet it was a combo--and given their literally hands-on reaction ... and what Angus says above ...
  • GeorgeT... GeorgeT... 2014/03/05 13:46:29
    GeorgeTSLC .
    And Max's very similar story to Angus's.
  • GeorgeTSLC . 2013/12/11 16:16:19
    To the barber shop
    GeorgeTSLC .
    +1
    Driving shirtless is absolutely routine, TO various places. But IN the barber shop seems to be unusual, tho acceptable by my (female) barbers.
  • Mick 2013/08/17 05:13:46
    Other (please elaborate)
    Mick
    +1
    I met my wife while ironing shirtless in my living room. I looked up from my ironing to see a beautiful young women watching me through the picture window,..... we smiled, waved, then I yelled "come on in, I could use the company!" She came in and her first words were: "wow, you know how to dress for the job, ..... hemp shorts right? [yes] We talked until the ton of ironing was finished, (3 hours) by which time we had bonded. She gave me a loving hug before leaving, and I realised that my long single life was ending! That was five years ago, three years married, and because I was shirtless when she first spied me and held me in her arms, she opts to keep me in hemp shorts only around the house, for her visual pleasure,( especially when I iron) but more importantly, to keep me "love vulnerable" to her regular hugs, cuddles, and tickles that she loves to do......... and I love it too! Yes, shirtless around the house, pure bliss!
    Other (please elaborate)
    operating room
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2013/05/22 23:53:42 (edited)
    Other (please elaborate)
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +2
    Pick up basketball games, pick up softball games, pick up football games, the beach, the mountains, family reunions, company picnics, cycling, hiking, camping.
  • Shirtfr... Junior ... 2013/08/01 19:10:40
    Shirtfree Chuck
    +3
    A regular shirtless warrior. Congrats.
  • Junior ... Shirtfr... 2013/08/05 03:47:05
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +1
    Thanks :-)
  • Shirtfree Chuck 2013/05/22 00:59:27 (edited)
    Shirtfree Chuck
    +2
    I have ridden on the Washington Metro subway shirtless several times. They now require passengers to wear shirts and turned me away at the gate. Always wondered if this was a response to me. Also used to go to the barber shop routinely shirtless, but that has gotten old.
  • John T Shirtfr... 2013/06/05 16:04:43
    John T
    +1
    It's nice being able to sneak and do it on L.A. Metro, but they, too frown on it. Too bad you can no longer do it. When did that change?
  • Shirtfr... John T 2013/06/08 12:28:34
    Shirtfree Chuck
    +2
    Quite some time ago. The Metro is trying to be upscale. Passengers with BO and rags for clothing are fine. But let someone try to ride without a shirt in the summer heat, and the Metro police will show them who's the boss. About the only exception is after the July 4th fireworks, when the system is overwhelmed.
  • John T Shirtfr... 2013/06/14 15:57:47
    John T
    +4
    Funny how they discriminate. Ninety nine percent of the time, any shirtless man I've seen on public transit has been clean, compared to MOST fully clothed, homeless people.

As long as people are clean and not acting unruly, I don't see the problem. I get so tired of people trying to be so upscale, as if they really understand what that means. It's the very thing that creates a lot of the discrimination we see.
  • John T 2013/05/21 18:46:45
    To the grocery store
    John T
    +3
  • Shirtfr... John T 2013/08/05 01:41:37
    Shirtfree Chuck
    +2
    My car broke down once when I was shirtless with no safety shirt. The tow truck driver had a major issue, but had to let me ride in the cab with him as I was. Guess tow truck drivers are not the most liberal minded. It was a bit uncomfortable for me - more so for him, I suppose.
  • John T Shirtfr... 2013/08/05 17:38:14
    John T
    +1
    How silly of him. As a tow truck driver, I'm sure he's seen a lot worse. Dude needs to be more tough-skinned than that!
  • Jason 2013/05/21 14:44:50
    Other (please elaborate)
    Jason
    +2
    At the club!
  • Sean McDonald 2013/05/21 08:01:01
    Other (please elaborate)
    Sean McDonald
    Just around the house during the summer
  • closinyou 2013/05/21 05:37:39
    closinyou
    +1
    All of the above!
  • OzSurfer 2013/05/21 04:56:52
    OzSurfer
    +2
    From my apartment, down the end of the street to the beach.
  • JohnT 2013/05/21 03:53:45
    Other (please elaborate)
    JohnT
    +1
    In the shower or I get my shirt wrinkled.
  • NYCbrit 2013/05/21 03:30:04
    Walking on the street
    NYCbrit
    +1
    Never tried getting into any shops w/o a shirt. I've gone shirtless whilst driving, getting gas, on the beach/boardwalk, taking a walk. But I really don't go shirtless too often.
  • Shirtfr... NYCbrit 2013/08/01 19:11:59
    Shirtfree Chuck
    +1
    NYC is supposed to be very tolerant of shirtfree adults - both male and female.
  • stevmackey 2013/05/21 03:28:12
    stevmackey
    My wife will not allow me to do that now. I did it all my life.
  • John T stevmackey 2013/05/21 18:45:13 (edited)
    John T
    +2
    Your wife and I wouldn't last very long! LOL! This is something that anyone who wants to know me in any way MUST accept about me.
  • Shirtfr... stevmackey 2013/05/22 00:54:44
    Shirtfree Chuck
    +1
    I know: Happy Wife, Happy Life, but it still seems wrong to have to give up a harmless lifelong habit.
  • william 2013/05/21 02:47:32
    Other (please elaborate)
    william
    to bed
  • Crime Time 2013/05/21 01:56:11
  • Emiliano 2013/05/21 01:47:34
    To the gym
    Emiliano
    Ill go shirtless when Im running, when Im at the beach, at the park, on really, really hot days, sometimes when Im riding my bike.
  • Simeon~thegayliberal 2013/05/21 01:44:10
    While driving
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +1
    I've driven shirtless before. It was fun. But considering I'm not "ripped" or anything, I don't have much to show off...
  • Mark In Irvine 2013/05/21 01:43:40
    Other (please elaborate)
    Mark In Irvine
    +3
    a number of the above, when it's summertime and hot ...
  • Mary Mary 2013/05/21 01:42:42
    Mary Mary
    +2
    Im not a man but most men are shirtless here in Queensland because its so hot, wish i could somedays lol
  • John T Mary Mary 2013/08/05 17:40:35
    John T
    +1
    That would be fantastic! I think I need to pay Queensland a visit! :-)

2014/10/26 05:48:40