Men wearing womens clothing!!!. For it or Aginst it .

JohnM 2011/02/25 21:12:16
Related Topics: Clothing

• KaWa 2013/01/16 00:05:48
  • ZB KaWa 2013/01/16 02:59:32
    ZB
    Define manly. No one else has yet. And I guess we aren't allowed to express ourselves outside the social definition of "acceptable for men". Meanwhile, you, being female, can wear pretty much whatever you want in any combination or style. you're even allowed to experiment with new styles as you see fit. Men, however, are restricted to the same "male uniform" that we've been stuck with for almost 100 years. Real fair that is.
  • KaWa ZB 2013/01/16 03:43:29
    KaWa
    +7
    Deal with it.
  • ZB KaWa 2013/01/16 03:48:03
    ZB
    I guess that means you don't actually know what manly is either. Figured as much. It also tells me that you are all about self expression, except for men. Sexist, too huh?
  • KaWa ZB 2013/01/16 03:52:34
    KaWa
    +5
    "Manly" is a set of characteristics that is typical of males in society. Here I use it to refer to the stereotypical concept of "masculinity" as opposed to "femininity" - this includes personality traits such as self-reliance, assertiveness, and loyalty (not that those aren't important for women too). It also includes following the traditional gender roles of western society, because part of manliness is reliability, and going against the expectations society places on men by breaking gender roles - say, through crossdressing - renders you unreliable. If you cannot be relied upon to conform to what is expected of you as a man, how can you be relied upon to conform to what is expected of you as a person?
  • ZB KaWa 2013/01/16 03:59:19
    ZB
    Someone that actually answered. Cool. The concept of manly is a social construct that doesn't have any real relevance in our changing society. Everyone is different and should be allowed to express themselves appropriately and as they see fit (as long as it's legal). And yet, only women are actually allowed this freedom. Women are not forced to conform anymore. they "earned" the right to not conform during and right after WW II, and continue to do so today. So why does society support the double standard? Because it's all they know and they are afraid of major social changes. That's all. You have fun with you love of self expression (yes, I looked at your profile), and I will, too. :) (big smile cause I'm not trying to fight anyone)
  • Shelly ... KaWa 2014/02/01 04:37:37 (edited)
    Shelly Warren
    There is not much femininity in society like there used to be. As ZB was saying after WWII ,when women started wearing pants and taking on manly roles in society ,things changed. Daycare raises our kids,along with the schools.Since women started cross-dressing and breaking gender roles of western society at the time, it was only inevitable that it would eventually turn into what it is now.Not that I am against lesbians(live and let live)they were the heart and soul behind the women's liberation movement of the sixties.
  • LayLady 2013/01/14 01:21:41
    Why are you for men wearing Wearing womens Clothing ?
    LayLady
    +2
    I don't believe in men's and women's clothing
  • ZB 2013/01/13 23:25:20
    ZB
    +3
    More variety. In many cases more comfortable. Because I like to. And, No. I am not trying to look like a woman, nor am I gay. Those are two assumptions that are generally wrong.Most men that wear womens clothes are NOT gay. Are women that wear mens clothes gay? I don't think so. So why does a man have to be gay to wear what he wants?
  • Adrian Buckley 2013/01/13 23:15:12
    Adrian Buckley
    I'm for it because people have the right to be them selves, and quite frankly life is too short to worry about what other people think about you. All those that are against are free to there opinions as we are all different and will admit men wearing womens clothing or styles is not for all men. the few of you that have put up photos as to why you are against need to get a life cause most guys wont dress like that.
  • txchik 2013/01/13 22:38:43
    txchik
    +1
    Does it really matter? I find it more disturbing when little kids are dressed in miniature adult clothes. I wouldn't date a guy who dresses in women's clothes LOL but he probably wouldn't date me if he's dressing in women's clothes. So let guys be who they are in the inside and if its putting on girls clothes power to you :)
  • ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣ 2013/01/13 19:12:07
    ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣
    I like it =p I actually have a friend that did it and may I say that he looked great in it? I have nothing against fem-boys :p just as long as you look good and clean up nicely, and trust me, I've seen good fem-boys and male-girls. (or would that be butch girls?)
  • latarynn 2013/01/13 19:10:02
    latarynn
    uh it's cool if there gay that's who they are no problem with it , but if they are strutting around flipping fake hair and wearing clothes i do kinda find it offensive i mean idk it's really really weird for me to have a conversation with one without me asking - 0.o WTF Do YOU HAVE ON ? -
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 01:24:01
    LayLady
    +2
    It's not meant to be offensive and it doesn't always mean the person's gay if they dress that way. It's about comfort.
  • latarynn LayLady 2013/01/14 01:26:07
    latarynn
    ...ok lol i disagree on that i don't see a man and never heard of a straight man comfortable in lady clothes ad if they say there not gay then there confused and still deciding what they like...
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 01:30:43
    LayLady
    +3
    Well that's fine if you disagree, but don't argue facts.

"i don't see a man and never heard of a straight man comfortable in lady clothes "
    Well you haven't met very many of them then.

"if they say there not gay then there confused and still deciding what they like..."
    Nope, that's not always true.
  • latarynn LayLady 2013/01/14 01:33:35
    latarynn
    i'm not and never had argued opinions such as yours lol..it's my opinion , it is what it is ...you've seen a straight guy wear woman clothes...sounds straight enough to me lol..but thanks for your input lady stardust :)
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 01:40:51
    LayLady
    +2
    It's a fact, not an opinion. It's about being comfortable and isn't meant to cause negativity. If it is causing negativity, the person may not be doing it right or are probably purposely causing negativity, which is never good in any case.

Yes I have seen a straight man wear women's clothes and be comfortable in it. It doesn't and shouldn't have to define your sexual orientation.
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 01:34:48 (edited)
    LayLady
    +2
    Also, many of the men who want to dress in women's clothing are uncomfortable by it because of the people who are against it. Some of those people who are against would go to the extreme of intimidating, threatening, or taking the person's life over it. If you think dressing in men's clothing is weird or offensive, look at the crazies who do crazy things over it out of cowardliness.
  • latarynn LayLady 2013/01/14 01:36:39
    latarynn
    i never have made fun of anyone that is who they are..that would be very rude and disrespectful.. i'm just giving my opinion here ..
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 01:43:02 (edited)
    LayLady
    +2
    Okay & I'm just letting you know that dressing in women's clothes doesn't define sexual orientation & is non-offensive to females & that it's just about comfort.

Pants are actually supposably a man's article of clothing. I don't believe in that, though. Many women wear pants that were designed for them, so nothing should be wrong with a dress designed for men. that's all I'm saying.
  • latarynn LayLady 2013/01/14 01:45:59
    latarynn
    +1
    ok lol and it's it's okay if it's non-offensive to women i commented on this saying it's Offensive to me if i cared if it was offensive to women i would of asked the girls lol..but thanks your comment was great
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 01:54:28 (edited)
    LayLady
    +2
    It shouldn't have to be offensive to you, but to each its own. No one's trying to offend you by it unless if some idiot you met was being offensive about it, then yes I can see, but men and women alike want to be comfortable with what they wear, not offensive.

For a lot of people; clothing, make-up, and certain hairstyles, etc. can also mean to be an extension of somebody's personality. It all really depends on the person. Anyway, in this case, all I can say is do what makes you happy & that there's a moron in any group of people who you meet lol
  • latarynn LayLady 2013/01/14 01:56:08
    latarynn
    +1
    thanks :)
  • LayLady latarynn 2013/01/14 02:04:10
    LayLady
    +1
    you're welcome :)
  • ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2013/01/13 19:07:26
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +5
    Don't tell me what to wear and I won't tell you what to wear.
  • LadyMorgana696 2013/01/13 18:07:30
    LadyMorgana696
    +1
    I have no problem with it
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2013/01/13 17:25:18
    Just MEH....Piwan
    Meant AGAINST..it is GROSS, plain and simple, guys in drag make me want to puke, may be because I am a straight guy!
  • ZB Just ME... 2013/01/13 23:27:11
    ZB
    +1
    just because a man wears womens clothing doesn't mean he is gay. Most gay men won't wear womens clothes. Pride parades don't count.
  • Just ME... ZB 2013/01/14 16:57:13
    Just MEH....Piwan
    It is still gross to see, though, no matter what the orientation.
  • ZB Just ME... 2013/01/14 21:01:50
    ZB
    What about men that don't go in full drag, but just wear the clothes. Not trying to look like a woman. After all, skirts, for example, are a lot more comfortable than pants. And I'm not talking about mini skirts, but longer ones.
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2013/01/13 17:18:58
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    +2
    I'm for it. If a guy wants to wear women's clothing, that's his business. And no one should be able to tell him that he can't. ^_^ <3
  • Gothamjedi311 \m/ 2013/01/13 17:14:58
    Why are you Agenst Men wearing Womans clothing ?
    Gothamjedi311 \m/
    +2
    I don't like Unexpected Surprises.
    Drag Queen
  • LayLady Gothamj... 2013/01/14 01:25:08
    LayLady
    +1
    Well you'll have unexpected surprises in lfe, get used to it.
  • Gothamj... LayLady 2013/01/14 02:20:01
    Gothamjedi311 \m/
    I'm 49 Lady Stardust...I'm used to it all. \m/
    GJ311_Shadow Master
    ...but if Men start wearing womens clothes...How the Hell are we supposed to know how to proceed? guys that look like girls
    ...I'm just saying. \m/
  • LayLady Gothamj... 2013/01/14 03:59:18 (edited)
    LayLady
    +1
    "but if Men start wearing womens clothes...How the Hell are we supposed to know how to proceed?"

That's the thing, it is progression. For example: It was progression when women started wearing jeans (which were "designed specifically for men") then were "designed for women" later. In this case, men feeling comfortable in and wearing clothes "designed for women" would be a step forward right?

Like the guy above, live and let be. If he's happy wearing "women's clothes," we shall proceed to let it happen for them because they're happy with it. No use making someone else miserable and forcing them what and not to wear right?

Me, personally, as you could probably tell, I don't believe in the gender binary when it comes to clothing. Biologically I'm a guy and I dress in and consider myself who I'm most comfortable being, and everyone else should be able to do the same.

I'm not going to force you or anybody to dress in "women's clothes" if it's not your preference. But I prefer to dress in "women's clothes" and that's my preference, that's all.
  • Gothamj... LayLady 2013/01/15 00:09:39 (edited)
    Gothamjedi311 \m/
    Okay, I think you misunderstood my reply. Let me try again.
    If men start dressing like Women, and some may even look as Gorgeous as the One in the Photo...How Am I supposed to know it's not a woman?. If I want to buy her...remember, I think it's a Woman, If I want to buy her a drink to get to know her better...maybe hoping a little spark might ignite between the both of us...well let's just say. One of us is going to be very disappointed. Not to mention, out of the cost of a perfectly good drink. It's not a Habit of mine to buy MEN dirnks. That's why I don't like the Idea of Men looking like that. Good example...I thought you were a lady. You're pretty enough to be one. I'm not trying to say People can't be what they want or who they want...just...How the Hell am I supposed to avoid looking like an Ass. here's a funny story...I have long Blonde Curly hair...I've had it happen to me several times. Some poor guy thinks he's got a live one...taps me on the Shoulder and Asks If I care to dance. The look on their faces when I turn around...I don't want that to happen to me. \m/

Yes...Be What You want...Just don't confuse us Old Guys...our sights bad enough already. Peace. \m/
  • Icon 2013/01/13 17:02:21 (edited)
    Icon
    +5
    People can wear what they want. So what if a guy wants to wear a dress. Who is he hurting? There is something called freedom of expression. It's protected by the U.S. Constitution.
    Guy Wearing Dress
  • Scrappy Coco 2013/01/13 16:50:17
    Scrappy Coco
    +3
    I am a man that mix's clothing from both sides of the isle! My feeling is this if women can mix and match clothing from both side's of the isle so can I! It doesn't make me any less of a man because I wear a skirt and heels, just like a women who doesn't wear a skirt and heels is no less of a women! Enough said!
  • ZB Scrappy... 2013/01/13 23:28:08

2014/08/01 21:54:59