Men Are More Attracted to Female Friends Than Women Are to Guy Friends: Have You Ever Been Attracted to a Friend?

It's the age-old question: Can a man and a woman just be friends? A new study suggests that they can't -- at least as far as the guy is concerned. Men are more sexually interested in their female friends than their female friends are in them, LiveScience reports.

Not only are guys more likely to pine for their platonic female pals, but they're also more likely than gals to think their friends are romantically interested in them, too, even if they aren't. "Men over-infer women's sexual interest in a variety of contexts, and I definitely see that extending into the domain of cross-sex friendships as well," study researcher April Bleske-Rechek, a psychologist at the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, told LiveScience.

However, being attracted to your BFF isn't always such pleasant experience (as many of us have learned the hard way). Study participants were much more likely to list attraction as a "cost" rather than a benefit of their opposite-sex friendship (though men were less likely to see it this way than women).

What do you think? Is being attracted to your friend a recipe for disaster? Or could it possibly lead to love?

• brittany Padding... 2012/05/08 03:42:57
    brittany
    well then that's not just physical attraction lol
  • Pureblood_ 2012/05/07 23:10:45
    Pureblood_
    I had a crush on my friend for 3 years. He had a girlfriend who was a bitch! She was captain of our netball team and i was vice captain. But my mum was the coach and she kept greasing up to my mum trying to get on her good side! Wtf?

And i went out with one of my other friends, who was a girl, for almost 6 months. We're not together anymore but we are still good friends.
  • Waldorf 2012/05/07 23:08:00
    Waldorf
    +1
    Dammit! Don't show me a picture of a black kid eyeing up a white girl. Enough with this multicultural nonsense.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/08 02:09:27 (edited)
    XRenX
    +2
    That is becoming increasingly common. U Mad?
  • Figment XRenX 2012/05/08 07:03:13
    Figment
    Multiculturalism is a codeword for liberalism.
  • Waldorf Figment 2012/05/08 12:32:48
    Waldorf
    Yes, and it is also a code word for anti-white.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/08 14:30:30
    XRenX
    +1
    Well would it also be anti-black? Mixed people often come out looking lighter as well from what I see. Why is it anti-white? Because you people are so "pure" and everyone else is "tainted"? Get over yoursleves already, you and Jim Crow reigned in 1950 sure, but it is 2012 now and we're never going back and we're progressing from here.
  • Waldorf XRenX 2012/05/08 14:34:03
    Waldorf
    +1
    That's fine, as long as you accept ultimate genocide of the white race. The message is that extermination of white people (and their culture, and their claim to territory) is not okay. Expect resistance in the strongest terms.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/08 14:36:23
    XRenX
    +1
    So two people who love each other should not be together because both are not white? What good will preserving any race do? Race is just a shallow made up concept for the classification of the human race, just as social class, it is to claim superiority over another by pointing out certain differences.
  • Waldorf XRenX 2012/05/08 14:55:04
    Waldorf
    +1
    All races have a right to be proud, and to be preserved, and a duty to provide a future for the children of their race. Since children of mixed black and white parents learn to think of themselves as black and are raised as black, and are not even allowed to be adopted by white parents, with blacks insisting upon their indoctrination in black culture, that does not bode well for the white race, when there is broad acceptance of interracial mating.

This is all a perversion by introducing so many blacks to a white culture. It is somehow always the white man who has to give ground to multiculturalism.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/08 15:05:39 (edited)
    XRenX
    +1
    The reason multi's think of themselves as black is because of the o"one drop rule" created by whites back in times of slavery. It means if you have 1/16th of black ancestry in your blood, you were deemed black. You people made the rule and now it is back firing. Otherwise the white race would be preserved.
  • Waldorf XRenX 2012/05/08 15:56:43
    Waldorf
    Baloney. Mixed blacks chose to be "black". No one imposed it on them, unless they really looked the part.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/08 18:56:53 (edited)
    XRenX
    +1
    In my town, many mixed people who are lighter pretend to be fully white. It depends. Also, I disagree with you, many white people deem mixed people to be "impure" and black because of the ever popular one drop rule.
  • Ty ~ PHAET XRenX 2012/05/08 19:20:09 (edited)
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +1
    I can't help but wonder how much of a sheltered life this guy lives.

And since when is America a "white culture"? Last I checked, American culture was a blend of many nationalities.
  • XRenX Ty ~ PHAET 2012/05/09 00:34:07
    XRenX
    +1
    HAHA yeah, he does seem as if he doesn't venture beyond his father's slave plantation much.
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/09 00:54:43
    Brian M
    Yeah, har har har.
  • XRenX Brian M 2012/05/09 02:08:15
    XRenX
    +1
    Chill, I wasn't talking about you.
  • Brian M Ty ~ PHAET 2012/05/09 00:54:28
    Brian M
    Nationality doesn not imply race. For hundreds of years, this country was 90% or more white. Even counting the slaves. It wasn't until the 1960s when Ted Kennedy changed the immigration laws to favor third world immigration and restrict European immigration that it started to change. And it was a conscious decision to reduce the white population.
  • Ty ~ PHAET Brian M 2012/05/09 10:38:54
  • Brian M Ty ~ PHAET 2012/05/10 00:57:42
    Brian M
    +1
    No, it was political calculation.
  • Ty ~ PHAET Brian M 2012/05/10 01:00:55 (edited)
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +1
    Damn it all, accidental rave.

tin foil hat area
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/09 17:55:09
    XRenX
    +1
    You're making yourself miserable over something you do not have the power to change.
  • Waldorf XRenX 2012/05/09 18:26:44
    Waldorf
    I will not be resigned to a suicide pact, both for the traditional United States and for the white race, wiped out by multiculturalism, faux egalitarianism, and socialism.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/09 19:05:33
    XRenX
    +1
    How do you as one individual plan to change this? This is a legitimate question.
  • Waldorf XRenX 2012/05/09 19:30:42
    Waldorf
    There are those of like mind, who are more powerful together than separately. I am a contributing member of CofCC, Council of Conservative Citizens. That is a bit too focused on Southern Baptist ways, but it is the best fit I have found so far. The hard core white nationalists are too preoccupied with hating Jews and missing what is really happening to the US at the hands of blacks and illegal immigrants.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/09 21:46:18 (edited)
    XRenX
    +1
    Okay, but you do realize that you are greatly outnumbered. Most don't think like you. Also, the black/mixed president would not pass this if it were brought on by congress. Another question, do you believe you are
    superior? If you were of another ethnic group in the same situation, would you try to preserve your race so hard? Do you wish to murder black and white couples, well just the blacks they are partnered with?
  • Waldorf XRenX 2012/05/09 21:50:26
    Waldorf
    I don't take the bait of whether whites are superior. I do believe that whites are better off if they stay white. Any argument is trumped by my opinion that interbreeding is perverse.
  • XRenX Waldorf 2012/05/09 21:52:11
    XRenX
    +1
    You didn't answer my other question. If you don't I'll just keep my previous assumptions.

If you were of another ethnic group in the same situation, would you try to preserve your race so hard? Do you wish to murder black and white couples, well just the blacks they are partnered with?
  • Ty ~ PHAET XRenX 2012/05/10 01:09:11
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +1
    I don't take the bait of whether whites are superior. I think his dodging the question speaks for itself.

I'm sure every interracial couple out there is pondering silently to themselves, "Gee, I wonder what Bob Turner would think about this."
  • XRenX Ty ~ PHAET 2012/05/10 02:20:47
    XRenX
    +1
    HAHA I don't think the interractial couples give a d*mn actually. haha I wouldn't. And The fact that he said, "whites are better off staying white" answered my question perfectly.
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/10 05:34:24
    Brian M
    What's wrong with that answer? They are better off because they are adapted to white civilization. Would a bear be better off in a pride of lions, or among other bears? It isn't a question of superiority/inferiority. It has to do with the ability of one's civilization to maximize one's potential.
  • XRenX Brian M 2012/05/10 14:12:51
    XRenX
    +1
    HAHA and everyone else has yet to adapt? Basically you are saying that whites are in charge and you'd like to keep it that way.
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/25 07:59:05
    Brian M
    Uh, no. Read what I said. No one has to adapt if they stay in their own civilizations. That's the point. Adaptation takes a long time, and until it does, there will be hardship. Best to avoid that.
  • XRenX Brian M 2012/05/29 00:42:43
    XRenX
    Lol their own civilization? Pilgrims came into a different civilization and adpated...don't think this is "your" civilization either. America asn't founded by whites. They came into foreign civilization and took what was not owned by them, which is how the anglos "adapted".
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/31 16:10:01
    Brian M
    No they didn't. They brought their civilization with them. Massachusetts Bay Colony was a reflection of the puritans.

There was no civilization to speak of here. Half-naked savages living in the woods hardly counts as a civilization. And yes, America WAS founded by whites. There is nothing about the civilization here that resembled anything the Mongols had.
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/10 05:32:36
    Brian M
    I don't want to answer the question for him, but I don't see it any differently for any other group. I wouldn't want to see the Luo people of Africa wiped out.

But then, no one is trying to do that. No one is telling them with ominous glee every other day in the newspapers and media that they will be a minority soon.
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/10 05:31:14
    Brian M
    The number of people who save a civilization is always much smaller than those who stand on the sidelines. It was a couple of thousand soldiers that defended Europe from Muslim conquest at the Battle of Tours in France.
  • XRenX Brian M 2012/05/10 14:17:48 (edited)
    XRenX
    +1
    Okay, but at the rate multiculturalism is progressing, I'd say there is no chance of putting an end to it entirely. Also, even if it were made to be illegal again people will break the law and do as they wish in private. Whites and non whites will continue to reproduce with each other and statistically, the amount is increasing. Check any website source.
  • Brian M XRenX 2012/05/25 08:00:20
    Brian M
    This is only possible because we have abundant energy. Do you really think that we won't revert back to the way we were for thousands of years when the oil runs out? Do you really think the party will go on forever?
  • XRenX Brian M 2012/05/29 00:46:13
    XRenX
    Well back in ancient greek times, it was deemed socially acceptable for grown men to have sexual relations with little boys...do you think any civilization as a whole would revert back to that?

2014/12/22 01:27:22