Marijuana vs Salvia: Why is Salvia Legal and Marijuana Illegal?

socallocal 2009/04/24 19:33:08
Salvia is still legal because...
Marijuana is illegal because..
I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
Salvia can induce a deep state of psychosis similar to that of mushrooms and yet it's still legal and widely distributed. Marijuana on the other hand has a much more mild effect that can last for hours yet it's illegal. Comparing the two, they both impair your sense of judgment and the ability to operate machinery such as a car yet users of Salvia have no legal pressure while Marijuana users flee at any sign of law enforcement. Why is Salvia legal yet Marijuana is still illegal in the United States?

• Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012 2009/04/27 15:20:18
    Salvia is still legal because...
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +4
    All drugs should be legal. We waste, too much money on the ongoing enforcement of our failed drug laws.

Personally, I don't care what you put in your arm or up your ass! That's Liberty! However, your freedom ends, where mine begins and vice-versa.

If you behave irresponsibly, because of your drug use, and cause harm to another... you will lose that liberty.

Tax and control ALL drugs, just as we do nicotine and alcohol.

All these methods of self-medication, are simply natures way of culling the herd. The weak and addicted should be left to die in their loved ones care... and expense!

Take responsibility for yourself.

• JennieyP 2011/05/26 22:55:22
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    JennieyP
    if salvia is legal then so shuld marijuana. i guess if eveyone didn't smoke then it'd be. My friends and I tried some salvia the other day, the effect of the it was alot worse then i expected for my first time. we didnt rele like it too much, it was pretty scarry. if you're use to it then i guess you could control it, just like marijuana. but even the first time i was high wasn't that trippy. I wanna go into my trip but i guess i wont. :p my friend has cancer and we're pretty sure he had a seizer after a few hits.. To me, marijuana is WAY less harmful. salvia's good if u want to trip out.
  • beautiFULL girl 2010/12/16 14:53:40
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    beautiFULL girl
    wow!!! couldnt have said it better myself
  • SallyDee 2009/08/21 18:27:05
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    SallyDee
    +3
    there is no reason they need to ban all the plants god gave us, after all this is a god country- the u.s. so we should fight to keep our right to chillax and have good mental images if we want to.
    http://www.freshsalvia.com/blog read more about marijuana and salvia prohibitions here
  • Mr. Koolaide Man 2009/08/06 22:29:43
    Salvia is still legal because...
    Mr. Koolaide Man
    +2
    Salvia wasn't popular until just recently. Hell I never heard of it until a few years ago.
    If marijuana wasn't so popular it would be legal too. I blame everyone in the 1930's for acting such a fool that they had to make it illegal. If you watch refer madness you'll
    see just how people acted on it back then. I'd probably make it illegal too if someone acted like a fuckin idiot. I am a smoker, but I can see why they did make it illegal is all I'm saying. Give enough time someone will do something idiotic enough to make salvia illegal too. Watch!!
  • Sabazius Mr. Koo... 2010/12/24 17:10:33
    Sabazius
    +1
    You do realise Reefer Madness is completely made up? Nobody ever did any of the crap that happened in that film, at least not because of marijuana use. The film is complete propaganda, much like all the 'educational' films of that era espousing the evils of homosexuality, feminism and communism.
  • jellyfish 2009/05/24 02:11:36
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    jellyfish
    +1
    America is stupid. Free the herb!

marijuana illegal america stupid free herb
  • Cam_420 2009/05/03 17:26:27
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    Cam_420
    +1
    i think both are amazing and should be legal, both used sensibly provide fantastic opurtunities to expierience new things and have fun... surely thats the point of life
  • zapata1 2009/05/02 19:41:33
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    zapata1
    there has to be a reason why Salvia is legal and Marijuana is not! and probably Salvia is used for more useful prrposes than Marijuana.
  • trdittmann 2009/05/01 02:43:13
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    trdittmann
    Should only be used for medical reasons, like Heroin.
  • ~ambs~ 2009/04/30 17:51:21
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    ~ambs~
    It messes you up.
    It does stuff to you that you'll later regret.
    I should know, my friends do it, and now they regret that they ever did.
  • Cam_420 ~ambs~ 2009/05/03 17:27:45
    Cam_420
    i can see your point but equaly i know people who have smoked weed all their lives and have no ill effects, sensible limits and sensible self control matter though
  • ~ambs~ Cam_420 2009/05/04 17:35:23
    ~ambs~
    yeah, my friends definatly don't have limits or control at all.
    I just hate it, it should have never been made in the first place.
    It messes people up, in more than one way.
  • Harriso... ~ambs~ 2011/10/17 21:48:28
    Harrison Horgan
    +3
    I understand that some people may regret doing it, but i still believe fully that the decision should be up to the user whether or not to use a drug such as marijuana. The government has definatly gone overboard in trying to protect us from ourselves.
  • Chris 2009/04/29 21:55:20
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    Chris
    +2
    Should all be legal. The economic advantages to keeping marijuana (and all other drugs) illegal in the past have been for the pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, lawyers and medical Drs.' profit (and see below regarding the textile industry that has poisoned thousands with their chemical processes - and the real dirty technology that is used to keep us supplied with *legal* drugs). Save one here, kill one or three there - fair enough on the face of it? I think not.

The one that really frosts me is that private prisons have been built to house people who have been convicted of drug violations and those inmates are being used as slave labor - *and* more than 50% are black men under the age of 30. Licensed racism by our government.

Up until now, keeping drugs illegal was profitable - at least for a small segment of our society there has been huge profit - now, we look at who's really paying the price and it's us. We pay for Doctors' visits so we can be prescribed very expensive drugs with unknown side-effects that send us back to the doctor so that our insurance companies can pay only a fraction of these bills.

Meanwhile, we're spending billions on drug enforcement and interdiction that has failed to keep the drugs we *want* and that would most benefit the majority...'

''""""

""

'
    ''

Meanwhile, we're spending billions on drug enforcement and interdiction that has failed to keep the drugs we *want* and that would most benefit the majority of people without a doctors' visit or an inusrance claim, much healthier and certainly happier.

Then let's look at what we spend on border patrol - not to keep the illegal tresspassers out but to keep the drugs out (supposedly). And then let's look at what we spend on housing inmates in our "over-crowded" jails and mandatory treatment programs. The lawyers get all the big bucks there and the "criminals" get the shaft anyway.

Seems like we could spend the money we spend on the Drug War on saving the Polar Bears, or building a high speed rail system, or even developing the technology to take us to Mars. What in the world have we been thinking, following the mis-leadership of this country blindly without questioning the motives behind this "policy"?

It's time.
    Make it all legal and pour money into educating people about the hazards of *legal* drug use (the kids are stealing parent's prescription drugs - not illegal drugs) and we could just send all those DEA cops to the Borders. Without their insatiable search for drugs, maybe they'd be able to to do their job of keeping the terrorists out for a change?
  • NewRomeIsBurning 2009/04/28 21:29:35
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    NewRomeIsBurning
    +1
    Should be legal. Most people do not know the properties of Salvia, other than it has pretty flowers. Just like Foxglove has gorgeous flowers but is the prime component of Digitalis (for heart arrhythmia) too much and it can kill a being. Or Purple Coneflower (Echinacea Angustifolia) of which the root has immune-enhancing properties. Just because a NATURAL plant CAN be turned into something else that can either help or hurt a being--does that mean ALL of them should be illegalized???? I think not. Pot should never have been illegalized in the first place. We can thank the pharmacorps for that one.
  • Mag222 NewRome... 2011/07/16 15:07:52
    Mag222
    +2
    I've never tried Salvia, so I can't say much about that, but I've smoked Marijuana since I was a preteen. I wouldn't recommend it for kids, in fact I do wish I were older before I was first introduced to it, but I really feel it should be just as legal as alcohol. I've seen alcohol draw violence and meanest out of people, From all the people I've seen smoke pot, it mellows them out. I don't smoke as much as I used to nor do I drink as much as I used to, but I don't believe marijuana to be any more habit forming as alcohol. As I am a little curious about Salvia, I doubt I'll ever try it. A little alcohol and a little weed is all the mind altering drugs I need in my life.
  • Claire 2009/04/27 17:23:55
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    Claire
    Don't know, don't care.
  • amanda Claire 2011/01/11 00:16:58
    amanda
    +2
    then why did you post this at all?
    Salvia is still legal because...
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +4

Take responsibility for yourself.
  • big di 2009/04/27 14:28:31
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    big di
    +1
    Specifically because it IS mostly harmless. The bible-thumping wackos hate it because, unlike tobacco, there is no horrible and painful "wages of sin" (ie: cancer, emphysema, etc) for this pleasure; and, during the 20s and 30s, the legislative powers that be used the criminalization of marihuana to control the hispanic migrant-worker populations in the south and west.

By the way, for a hilarious movie evening, check out "Reefer Madness" some time - did you know marihuana can make you have wanton sex, drive over the speed limit, go psycho, and kill someone?!?
  • M big di 2009/05/04 13:45:58 (edited)
    M
    That's funny, altho I've never driven over the limit--usually a little under. But then, I dont drive like that now--older, wiser and all that jazz. I usually just clean the house...really slow=) What the hell is salvia?
  • heywuzup01 2009/04/27 13:49:11
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    heywuzup01
    +1
    I actually think that both should be legal because if you tax marijuana it could posibly help the economy
  • Dillio 2009/04/25 22:22:34
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    Dillio
    +1
    the government doesn't know how to make money off of weed so they make it illegal.
  • KK 2009/04/25 18:32:04
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    KK
    +1
    I don't know much about Salvia other than when I was employed in the Horticulture field I thought it was a pretty plant. About Marijuana, I believe if America would legalize it, it would knock a huge hole in the Cartel's earnings, perhaps this would also solve some of the violence taking place in America, and keep many of them out of America
  • ♥ tommie kaulitz ♥ 2009/04/25 17:36:15
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    ♥ tommie kaulitz ♥
    i really dont know cause i dont do it so i dont care
  • elrico 2009/04/25 16:27:22
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    elrico
    If it can be estables that no core of social reponsibility is hurt by it being legal then why not?The integrating and balancing of what is good for our community is more of the imput that we must use in both salvia and marijuana then if it should be legal or not!
  • Nadrasta 2009/04/25 16:02:23
    Salvia is still legal because...
    Nadrasta
    its less popular
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2009/04/25 15:15:42
    Salvia is still legal because...
    Just MEH....Piwan
    Its called the "double standard', and the people who decide whether these things ae legal or not definately have a double standard!
  • KJMAX 2009/04/25 13:02:10
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    KJMAX
    That Salvia stuff...never tried it and don't care to. However,
    I am here to inform you younger people that good "Hooch"
    does not prevent you from driving a car, cleaning house,
    doing lawn work...IF YOU DON'T ABUSE IT. Marijuna has alot of medicinal benefits as I've stated before. Now, if you sit around and smoke a whole joint by yourself, you'll be like a jello mold and won't be able to get off of the damn couch. A few tokes off of "good stuff" and you can do anything anybody else can and probably better!
  • Go Green 2009/04/25 09:12:29
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    Go Green
    +1
    Politicians have unrealistic fear of it.
  • AGPhillbin 2009/04/25 04:35:28
    Salvia is still legal because...
    AGPhillbin
    +2
    ...most of our legislators, like many people responding on this board, have never heard of salvia. But rest assured, if people are having fun with it, and the legislature gets wind of it, they will make it illegal.
  • DIAMOND MIKE 2009/04/25 03:36:18
    Salvia is still legal because...
    DIAMOND MIKE
    i never heard of salvia before thanks for the question, it was already almost 12 at night and i thought i was gonna have the first day of my life that i didn't learn something new, you saved me
  • Kent the Roofer 2009/04/25 01:19:39
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    Kent the Roofer
    +2
    Neither should be illegal. It is not the governments business to legislate morality, choice or adult decision making capacity. If someone wants to use drugs that should be their decision.
    And I do not use drugs by the way.
  • carlton999 2009/04/25 01:05:31
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    carlton999
    +1
    Maryjane is illegal because the government is either stupid or they are making way too much money dealing to legalize it.

if they were smart they would legalize it and tax the hell out it, then put the money back into our economy.
  • nessie 2009/04/25 00:56:08
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    nessie
    i dont really think taht they r that bad, but that is just an opinion, i dont do any of these things, but i agree with some of the ppl on this thing that it isnt my desicion or however u spell it to say it is to be made illegal. even if it mattered what my opinion was, i wouldnt do it bc it helps some ppl and it makes some ppl happy and then the other ppl that do it for fun r just going to end up regretting it. but whatever floats ur boat. lol
  • bratley 2009/04/25 00:27:18 (edited)
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    bratley
    Um I dont really know what salvia is but uuum marijuana is natural! and salvia im hoping isnt otherwise im going to look like a retard!,,,,,well a bigger retard! salvia marijuana salvia uuum marijuana natural salvia hoping retard
  • danceprincess 2009/04/25 00:16:37
    I think both Salvia and Marijuana...
    danceprincess
    what is salvia??
  • Manwé 2009/04/25 00:11:34
    Marijuana is illegal because..
    Manwé
    +4
    It was made illegal to stop the use of hemp. Hemp can be used for Food, Fuel, Clothing and Textiles, Cosmetics, Paper, and Building Materials. The big problem with hemp is that it can grow wild under many conditions and is not under the ownership control that artificial fibers are which started with the invention of artificial fibers in the late thirties by DuPont. William Hearst also was involved as he supplied most of the US with paper made from wood pulp. Making paper from hemp, while much more efficient and eco-friendly AND a very long history, would have cost Hearst many millions. Marijuana, along with its non-psychoactive version hemp, was made illegal in 1937. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
  • bratley Manwé 2009/04/25 00:28:57
    bratley
    Were in the world did you learn that? I'm confused...
  • Maddi Manwé 2009/04/26 04:54:22
    Maddi
    Can't you get high from smoking hemp?

2014/08/30 02:13:50