Marijuana Moms on the Rise: How do you feel about mothers smoking weed?

Grace W. Bush 2009/06/30 17:27:14
Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
According to a latest survey, more moms are lighting up that ganja! Most of these Marijuana-smoking moms on the rise are in their mid-30s, soccer moms, teachers, and lawyers. What's making these moms switch from a wine of chardonnay to weed joint? The survey says that these moms are choosing to smoke to deal with depression in this hard economic times, to relax after a stressing day at work, and other moms to treat migraines. "Marijuana is my temporary weekly vacation." a soccer mom says.

Mom and daughter smoking weed together.

What do you think? Are these moms on the right track -- or are they whacked out on more than just weed?

• wreckYourNeck 2013/03/10 10:33:16
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    wreckYourNeck
    There ought to be a third option: "Moms who smoke pot are moms who smoke pot."

Bad moms are bad moms, good ones are good. A bad mom lets the pot interfere with her parenting, a good one doesn't. Pot is not cut and dry, good or bad, same as alcohol. Use it in moderation, when it's appropriate. How hard is that to understand?
  • Mandy Inglis 2012/09/12 21:56:55
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    Mandy Inglis
    my mom has become psychotic since she started doing pot...she is slowly letting her business fail (she's had it for 25 years). She now does not care about my dad and me and she always hurries over to her friend's house to do more pot on a daily basis...my family is being broken apart because of this personality change pot has brought out of her, and I do not feel like I even know her anymore. I am getting married in 9 months but I am now not even sure that she will go to it or be with my dad much longer. Everyone says pot is always good?
  • Naked 2011/04/01 03:44:10
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Naked
    +1
    For the people raising the "its bad for their health" argument. That's a lie. No research has been linked to marijuana being bad for your health, but you know what has been linked to being bad for your health? Alcohol, and tobacco use. Its funny how a woman can be a good mom even though she smokes cigarettes, but a woman who smokes marijuana isn't because of the possible health risks. Alcohol is a drug! and as for health risks well it causes and can be medically linked to cancer, fetal alcohol syndrome, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, and an extensive list of other things. And I'm not even going to go into why tobacco is bad for you, cause I think the news does that enough. But anyone with a cigarette addiction isn't going to get their kid taken away for smoking or even smoking around their kid. As for marijuana? The only study where there were bad affects due to marijuana smoke was a study released showing that marijuana reduced brain functionality / reduced brain cells, causing them to become brain dead. But what they don't tell you is that study was done on monkeys, who were gassed with the equivalent of 30 joints with the use of a mask. They only pumped marijuana smoke through the mask, and no oxygen. Well guess what happens when you inhale only carcinogens...

For the people raising the "its bad for their health" argument. That's a lie. No research has been linked to marijuana being bad for your health, but you know what has been linked to being bad for your health? Alcohol, and tobacco use. Its funny how a woman can be a good mom even though she smokes cigarettes, but a woman who smokes marijuana isn't because of the possible health risks. Alcohol is a drug! and as for health risks well it causes and can be medically linked to cancer, fetal alcohol syndrome, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, and an extensive list of other things. And I'm not even going to go into why tobacco is bad for you, cause I think the news does that enough. But anyone with a cigarette addiction isn't going to get their kid taken away for smoking or even smoking around their kid. As for marijuana? The only study where there were bad affects due to marijuana smoke was a study released showing that marijuana reduced brain functionality / reduced brain cells, causing them to become brain dead. But what they don't tell you is that study was done on monkeys, who were gassed with the equivalent of 30 joints with the use of a mask. They only pumped marijuana smoke through the mask, and no oxygen. Well guess what happens when you inhale only carcinogens and no oxygen? You suffocate! suffocation over an extended period of time causes reduced brain functionality and the death of brain cells. It wasn't the marijuana, it was the lack of oxygen. Do your research. Marijuana is linked with an extensive list of health benefits. From stress and nausea relief to most recently discovered reduction of tumors both malignant and benign. Imagine having a cancerous tumor, and your doctor gives you the chance to use an drug to get rid of it without invasive surgery, and also just so happens to relax you and create a feeling of euphoria which is non habit forming and has no negative health side affects. Would you take it? Most mothers who smoke are self medicating. It could be help with depression, just needing to relax, or a more serious health condition like cancer, aids, ect. Even if you are using it recreational purposes your kind of self medicating.

I think those of you who think badly of pot smoking mothers should get informed. Know the facts.
  • germ013 Naked 2013/03/04 14:40:29
    germ013
    Your an idiot first off I don't look down on pot smokers its none of my business what you do to yourself but when kids breath that before there brains are fully developed it causes a lot of mental problems as does underage drinking.If you think inhaling smoke is harmless I got two words for you smoke another! Hit me up in 5 yrs
  • Naked germ013 2013/03/17 14:32:08
    Naked
    What does this have to do with underage smoking? Where did I say anything about smoking underage? Idiot.
  • Shashana 2011/03/30 04:20:18
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Shashana
    I WISH THESE PEOPLE SAYING MOTHERS WHO SMOKE WEED ARE BAD WOULD DO THEIR RESEARCH AND PRESENT SOME FACTS BEHIND ALL THOSE JUDGMENTS!
  • SUZY 2010/12/22 15:30:51
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    SUZY
    +1
    MY MOM AND I BOTH SMOKE POT I STARTED IN HIGH SCHOOL 12 GRADE I HAVE 3 CHILDREN AM 37 YEARS OLD MOM IS 58 STILL SMOKING IT RELAXES ME SO I CAN BE A BETTER MOM AND WIFE MY HUSBAND DOESN'T SMOKE HE EVEN BUYS IT FOR ME AT TIMES I AM A HOT HEAD WHEN I DONT SMOKE I THINK I'M A VERY GOOD MOM THANKS TO WEED
  • TheBenefits 2010/06/03 00:57:45
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    TheBenefits
    +3
    Smoking Marijuana is like smoking cigarettes except for the fact that 1. It wont kill you (In fact, it has been known to help you in severals ways including: Living Longer and Focusing Better) 2. It makes everything better... Focus, Taste... everything
  • Marielee82 2010/03/27 15:52:38
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Marielee82
    +3
    I don't see anything wrong with it at all. If anything, it makes me a happy, more fun-loving mom. It's better than being loaded on booze. Mymom smoked pot, and she seemed to be less stressed than my friends' mothers. I continue to smoke pot, and I think I always will.
  • Mandy 2010/03/19 18:00:46
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    Mandy
    +2
    i smoke pot. i have 2 kids. too much of anything is bad. we have but one life... do whatever makes you happiest.
  • 1234 (sucka) 2009/11/14 04:03:30
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    1234 (sucka)
    I'd rather see mom's smoking pot than drinking which happens way too much im america, we just don't notice it as much.
  • misswreed 2009/09/08 20:18:12
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    misswreed
    +1
    lmao nick swardson. i love that skit. well anyway, everyone is going to argue about this, so if you're a bad mom, you're just a bad mom, you're always gonna put yourself first, and nothings gonna change that. and being fucked up on top of that isnt gonna help. some moms drink a lil, some moms smoke a lil, if you do either too much, you're probably not paying enough attention to your lil one. but on occasion, i think its ok. its not oxycontin or crack or herion, and anyone who puts weed in the same category obviously never smoked. it just relaxes you a lil bit, doesnt make you ignorant, reckless, or braindead.
  • Shashana misswreed 2011/03/30 03:56:52
    Shashana
    +1
    Do you smoke?
  • EugeneGreenQueen 2009/08/23 08:06:50
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    EugeneGreenQueen
    +4
    I am a way better mom stoned. I have so much more patience! I interact more with my kids, and I'm able to enjoy all the little milestones. And honestly, they are way better behaved when I'm stoned.
  • Marielee82 EugeneG... 2010/03/27 15:57:20
    Marielee82
    +1
    I found that my son is more behaved as well! I also feel more relaxed and able to enjoy the little things more. Typically I am a hothead, always pissed off about something. When I smoke a little bit, I feel much more calm and centered. What's wrong with that? I am not a drinker, and do not like drinkers. I do, though enjoy a puff of weed or two-but no more no less.
  • Smurf 2009/07/16 03:26:02
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Smurf
    i think it brings them in he the world that their kids are in and lets them understand. also i feel that their kids might be more likly to talk to them and have better relationships with them.
  • erie 2009/07/14 07:05:44
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    erie
    I cant say moms who smoke are bad moms,or good moms....if a mom smokes and doesnt do it in front of her kids..or doesnt put others in harms way..then i dont think shes a bad mom..!!!!!but if shes showin everyone her habit then thats bad..!!!
  • Civic Minded 2009/07/07 17:52:41
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    Civic Minded
    Sets a bad example and if they drive it puts everyone on the road with them at risk!
  • RachelR... Civic M... 2010/06/17 19:16:40
    RachelReitano
    +3
    The same can be said about wine.
  • tweety Civic M... 2011/02/23 03:44:53
    tweety
    +3
    If you eat too much, that's bad; if you drink too much, that's bad; if you don't pay your bills, that's bad...all in moderation. Just because alcohol is legal, doesn't mean it's 100% ok to indulge. What I'm saying is, a little weed doesn't hurt as much as alcohol can. I use it to tke a "mini" vacation. I have a special needs son, an ex that is at the emotional level of an eleven year old, and have bills from everywhere! Forgive me if I take a couple of puffs every now and then, after my son gets into the bed. Get off of the horse!
  • Ariel 2009/07/05 11:26:58
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Ariel
    well not neccasarly
    my mom does though
  • Ben Lugo 2009/07/05 02:03:19
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    Ben Lugo
    Overall, probably not good for the kids around them.
  • tricia 2009/07/04 14:51:47
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    tricia
    i feel that they shouldnt do it at all becuase their ruining their health and if there doin around their children its affectin them too !! they need to think about this before they even take some of that marijuana . They should be ashamed of themselves.
  • jakef tricia 2011/04/08 21:56:08
    jakef
    +1
    i agree they should be ashamed, what you people think of this,its a true story,so my girlfriend has a a friend that smokes and she already has a pill attiction on top of that she is 21 and has no job,lives at home and lets the state pay the bills and she thinks it ok,then my girlfriend is the god parent and she thinks its fine aswell and she also smokes pot and has a dead end job at 23y/o,i think pot will slow you don in life and get you no where,out of my gf family her mom is the only one that DOESN'T smoke and she is the only one that holds a steady CAREER not just a job
  • mad hatter 2009/07/04 02:13:32
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    mad hatter
    It dosn't matter if you smoke pot it is natural other drugs and moms are bad but pot come on that is fine your mom extra hungry and tired she is probably stoned and if you can't have children and be a pot head then explain this fine mom extra hungry tired stoned children pot head explain
  • James B 2009/07/03 22:01:12
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    James B
    as long as she stays out of my stash,,,we're cool .
  • Marielee82 James B 2010/03/27 15:58:46
    Marielee82
    +3
    ha ha I agree!
  • AnimeChick15 2009/07/03 18:21:24
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    AnimeChick15
    mums who smoke pot r horrible motherz..
  • Angela AnimeCh... 2011/06/28 18:07:45
    Angela
    +3
    Get educated. Don't judge, and learn how to spell.
  • Night 2009/07/03 18:07:57
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Night
    +1
    I don't know if they are good or bad moms but if my mom smoked weed she would be a hell of a lot calmer and easier to be around. I don't care if anyone smokes weed as long as that person is not pregnant
  • Marielee82 Night 2010/03/27 16:01:10
    Marielee82
    +5
    Smoking only a puff of pot was the only thing that helped me with my terrible morning sickness. It's not like I smoked all day long, but if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to keep anything in my tummy to nourish my growing babe. Don't poopoo anything unless you know the benefits it can have. Women that smoke cigarettes while pregnant are the ones that need to stop!
  • Shashana Marielee82 2011/03/30 05:16:04
    Shashana
    +2
    I agree with you because I had the same problem and had I not smoked I would have lost my son because I couldn't eat ANYTHING! They ended up giving me Zofran which is a medication for cancer patients and I just feel like weed would have been better than that..lord knows whats in those meds! When my doc tested my blood he said that he found some ganja in my blood...he proceeded to laugh and tell me not to be worried that it does not hurt the baby. PEOPLE NEED TO BE MORE EDUCATED BEFORE THEY JUDGE OTHERS!!
  • res2e 2009/07/03 16:40:54
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    res2e
    +1
    At least it's not any other drug. If she is still performing her duties to the best of her ability then let her be. I don't believe they are being bad role models because people get to decide what they want to be in the future. It is there choice to follow or not.
  • Tianna 2009/07/03 13:35:45
    Moms who smoke pot are good moms.
    Tianna
    +2
    I am a mother who smokes... I smoke when I'm by myself, and do it to keep my emotions to a minimum (my daughter died 4 years ago) It doesn't interfere with my work or duties I need to fulfill as a wife.....
  • tricia Tianna 2009/07/04 00:18:42
    tricia
    awww!!! im sorry for ur loss
  • Tianna tricia 2009/07/04 13:38:57
    Tianna
    thank you, it is much appreciated!
  • lexmex98 2009/07/03 13:34:11
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    lexmex98
    i think its really badddddd for especialy moms to smoke, and dads... they both deserve to live long!
  • Marielee82 lexmex98 2010/03/27 16:02:40
    Marielee82
    +2
    smoking pot doesn't shorten your lifespan, smoking cigarettes does! As long as they aren't lighting up one after the other, then they will live just as long as a non-potsmoker
  • The Electrician 2009/07/03 12:07:56
    Moms who smoke pot are bad moms.
    The Electrician
    Smoking isn't good for you in the first place. Using MJ for recreational purposes is illegal and not something to be admired. Not much better then getting "drunk." The fact that you'd be in an altered state of mind, is irresponsible and dangerous. Maybe you're trying to find an excuse to get "high." LOL
  • Marielee82 The Ele... 2010/03/27 16:04:31
    Marielee82
    +4
    It is better than getting drunk. You obviously never smoked pot, or you would know the effects. Some people are affected more than others, and differently. the only problem is if you get too high. Any good mom wouldn't smoke a joint and go to a PTA meeting, but if her and her husband are up watching a movie after the kids go to bed... What's the big deal???

2014/11/01 10:29:53