Margarine Or Butter. I bet after you read this, you may change your mind

Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat ) 2013/01/03 12:34:37
Margarine
Butter
I have read this before which is the reason we switched to real butter
"Pass The Butter ... Please.

This is interesting . .. .

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed
the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research
wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.

It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow
colouring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you
like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings....

DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.
Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams; compared to 5 grams for margarine.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating
the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.
Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few and only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavours of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years .

And now, for Margarine..

Very High in Trans fatty acids.

Triples risk of coronary heart disease ...

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five times..

Lowers quality of breast milk

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT.

These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life
and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added,
changing the molecular structure of the substance).

Open a tub
of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area. Within a
couple of days you will notice a couple of things:

* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional
value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms
will not a find a home to grow.

Why? Because it is nearly plastic . Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Share This With Your Friends.....(If you want to butter them up')!

Chinese Proverb:
When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Pass the BUTTER PLEASE" - THANKS NATHAN NEELY
Photo: "Pass The Butter ... Please.

This is interesting . .. . 

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.

It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow colouring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavourings.... 

Both have the same amount of calories. 

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study. 

And now, for Margarine.. 

Very High in Trans fatty acids.

Lowers quality of breast milk 

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response. 

These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance). 

Open a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow.

Chinese Proverb: 

• kudabux 2013/02/02 15:14:12
    Butter
    kudabux
    +2
    Margarine is an artery-clogger.
  • Anna 2013/02/02 02:50:11
    Anna
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2013/01/08 14:53:32 (edited)
  • Sista Nunya 2013/01/08 14:25:22
  • joefj2 2013/01/05 01:37:55
  • ladyvoldemort 2013/01/04 18:44:53
    Butter
    ladyvoldemort
    +3
    I'm from Wisconsin and it's almost blasphemy to prefer butter over margarine. Whipped butter is good to save calories, though.
  • **StarzAbove** 2013/01/04 17:49:35
    Margarine
    **StarzAbove**
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2013/01/04 17:22:36
    Butter
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    margarine is like the tub it comes in.
  • Sista N... Kat ♪ ~... 2013/01/08 14:26:34
  • Kat ♪ ~... Sista N... 2013/01/08 14:28:47
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    No that chemical composition doesn't work for that. Nasty watery stuff.
  • Sista N... Kat ♪ ~... 2013/01/08 14:43:49
  • Kat ♪ ~... Sista N... 2013/01/08 14:48:11
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    Very bland, a couple are okay, but not really comparable.
  • Sista N... Kat ♪ ~... 2013/01/08 14:54:26
  • Kat ♪ ~... Sista N... 2013/01/08 14:58:36
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    So do I, fat content is bad for you, not nearly as bad as the manufactured chemicals in margarine.
  • Dave**G... Kat ♪ ~... 2013/01/08 14:54:54
  • Kat ♪ ~... Dave**G... 2013/01/08 15:00:04
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    Yes, very near the same, but the idiots will try to tell you different. The FDA allows them to put stuff in our food other nations have banned, gee sounds like another government agenda doesn't it.
  • dennis m 2013/01/04 17:18:04
    dennis m
    +4
    Butter is way better than margarine, but ill just stick to olive oil and sometimes coconut oil
  • ruru 2013/01/04 07:21:35
    Margarine
    ruru
    +3
    Every thing is better with Blue Bonnet on it.
  • Anna ruru 2013/02/02 02:53:28
    Anna
    Blah!! No thanks.
  • ruru Anna 2013/02/02 07:21:03
    ruru
    +1
    Gotta watch my cholesterol.
  • Anna ruru 2013/02/02 16:27:42
  • Cat 2013/01/04 07:01:38
    Butter
    Cat
    +2
    Butter is better
    Butter
    +3
    BUTTER.
  • Mark 2013/01/04 04:57:47
    Butter
    Mark
    +3
    Mostly, because it tastes better. XD
  • Wind Ta... Mark 2013/01/07 21:39:59
    Wind Talker
    +1
    That I can understand, stupidity I simplly do not buy.
  • Mark Wind Ta... 2013/01/12 06:23:24
    Mark
    +1
    Yeah, and I like to make food for the taste, not for any of this "health" stuff, since the results of the research is always changing. heh
  • Wind Ta... Mark 2013/02/02 02:11:04
    Wind Talker
    I do understand the taste factor, that does make perfect sense.
  • ★misfit★ 2013/01/04 03:13:49
    Butter
    ★misfit★
    +3
    However, those "facts" about margarine are myths, as others have already pointed out.
  • realityjunkie 2013/01/04 02:05:19
    Butter
    realityjunkie
    +3
    My mom taught me about margarine long ago. I never touch it. Butter is natural. Give me some cream and I can make it myself. Butter taste better too.
  • Wind Ta... reality... 2013/01/07 05:22:52
    Wind Talker
    +1
    Butter is made from milk that is full of hormones and antibiotic force fed to cow to produce excessive quantities of milk. There is nothing natural about butter as it contains colorant as well and additives to increase shelf life as well.
  • Gone Away 2013/01/04 01:49:20
    Butter
    Gone Away
    +3
    known since the 80's haven't touched a drop! Nor, do I drink Soda's!
    Still healthy & only problem I have is a high metabolism, makes me struggle to maintain enough weight on!
  • JohnT 2013/01/03 23:37:36
    Butter
    JohnT
    +2
    Butter it is natural.
  • Wind Ta... JohnT 2013/01/04 01:56:32
    Wind Talker
    +2
    I use both butter and margarine. Margarine is made of VEGETABLE oils. Vegetables are good for your too. The one I use is made from olive oil, much better for your than butter ever will be. I have even made my own margarine. Try it sometime.

Butter on the other hand comes from cows that have been fed antibiotics and many other chemicals and drugs. Not particularly healthy or natural on any level.
  • THE BEACH 2013/01/03 23:27:19
    THE BEACH
    +3
    smart balance on a rare occasion.
  • blindfaith 2013/01/03 23:14:31
    Butter
    blindfaith
    +4
    Real food is by far the best food, full cream milk too contains more vitamins than semi-skimmed. Eat and drink what your granparents did....they knew best :)
    Oh, and olive oil for cooking.
  • Wind Ta... blindfaith 2013/01/07 05:23:26
    Wind Talker
    +2
  • Nonpartisan 2013/01/03 22:32:31
    Nonpartisan
    +3
    Thanks for the load of Internet Myths.

I do not use either. Many years ago I learned the truth about ALL fats from the wise people at the Pritikin Longevity center. They will tell you that it is not good to add ANY fat to any food. That relates to Heart health Diabetes and just about every other health concern. If you really want to be healthy, just get over it, and, quit adding fat to your food, in most cases there are much better ways to prepare food and stay healthy. The Pritikin Longevity Center has excellent Cooking classes, and their food is great and also healthy.

As far as calling Margarine "plastic" I will tell you what is really plastic, and that is the so-called "butter" that they make the movie theatre popcorn with. That is really blocks of palm oil, which is so hard at room temperature that when you drop it on the floor it bounces. You can almost hear your blood vessels slamming shut when you eat that stuff and it gets absorbed into your blood system, because at your normal body temperature it is as hard as the block of it that I watched the guy running the popcorn machine bounce off of the floor.

Thanks but no thanks, I do not grease my food.

The only fat that your body actually needs, and can properly use to stay healthy, is very small quantities of Flax See...
    Thanks for the load of Internet Myths.

The only fat that your body actually needs, and can properly use to stay healthy, is very small quantities of Flax Seed oil. I learned that from Doctor Gerson, who by the way has been very successfully curing Cancer since before World War Two. He discovered that adding ANY fat to your diet, except very small amounts of flax seed oil, PROMOTES the growth of Cancers and Tumors. You can find Gerson at this address, http://gerson.org
  • Herbtheman 2013/01/03 21:51:11
    Butter
    Herbtheman
    +6
    I grew up on a farm where my mother made home made butter and I have always liked it over margarine.
  • Beck∞♥☮♫♫♫∞ 2013/01/03 21:34:09
    Butter
    Beck∞♥☮♫♫♫∞
    +5
    BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kat 2013/01/03 20:53:34
    Butter
    kat
    +3
    Never have trusted chemical foods.

2014/11/28 01:22:21