Map of the Nuclear Waste Highways?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/02/22 18:50:14

Across America’s highways drive the nuclear truckers. We don’t think about them, but they are out there.

Now there is a map that shows where the routes are. Most Americans have never seen this map.

That’s the way the Office of Secure Transportation (OST) wants it. At a cost of $250 million a year, nearly 600 couriers employed by this secretive agency within the US Department of Energy use some of the nation’s busiest roads to move America’s radioactive material wherever it needs to go—from a variety of labs, reactors and military bases, to the nation’s Pantex bomb-assembly plant in Amarillo, Texas, to the Savannah River facility. Most of the shipments are bombs or weapon components; some are radioactive metals for research or fuel for Navy ships and submarines. The shipments are on the move about once a week.

I’ll bet you never thought about this. I know I didn’t.

Then I saw the map.

There is a problem here with terrorism.

http://teapartyeconomist.com/2012/02/22/map-of-the-nuclear-wa...

======================

Nuclear Weapons on a Highway Near You

Big rigs with bombs are secretly cruising America's interstates. But how safe are they from terrorists or accidents?

LINK FOR MAP: http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/nuclear-truckers

Read More: http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/nuclear-tr...

• Viet Era medic 2012/02/23 03:13:37
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    I've been to Mercury, Nevada and Nellis AFB so I've seen these over the road haulers first hand. Gotta move em somehow and the less the people are told the better. I just hope that they are moved safely at all times. As for terrorist taking this stuff, in theory, seems quite possible doesn't it. When it come to fuels for the Navy etc, they aren't alone, they have one or two vehicles minimum escorting them and they are moved mostly at night. The loads are usually covered so anybody just driving along can't tell what's being hauled. I hope this is the case all the time but you never know.
  • Patriot Unit 2012/02/22 23:07:56
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    Well, the map is not all that correct, There is only one Warren AFB. And its not in NE or CO. But anyway, I think that the whole point is, that the shipments are sent in plain brown wrappers for a reason, and the shipments are not announced to the public for a very good reason. Even after there have been Info Documentaries on the transportation of these materials, before 911. They two only mention that these materials have to be transported. They have even shown some of the containers. I am sure any good intelligence service found out that information long ago, and its probably been shared with those it should not have been. But if you don't know when they are being ship, I am sure you would not know what security measures have or are being taken at any given time.
  • Steve J~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/22 19:42:36
    Steve J~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    That is why it is a secret. If we tell everyone about the shipments, then we would have to guard them. Sometimes no one knowing is better than everyone knowing.

2014/11/26 08:47:26