Man sues his wife for being ugly and wins!

jackie 2012/06/14 09:48:47

Northern Chinese resident Jian Feng divorced and sued his wife for
$120,000 and won! The story goes that Mr. Feng was deeply in love with
his beautiful wife until they had a baby girl.

Feng was horrified
at how ugly the baby was and demanded to know who his wife had cheated
on him with because the baby resembled neither of the parents.

It was
only then that his wife confessed that she had received intense plastic
surgery to look radically different. Feng divorced and sued his wife
under the terms that she had gotten him to marry her under false
pretenses!

He won the amount he requested, $120,000 while his now
divorced wife had spent $100,000 on extensive plastic surgeries by
apparently very gifted South Korean surgeons.

Read More: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/20455/48/

• User Deactivated 2012/06/14 09:53:19
    He did the right thing
    User Deactivated
    +5
    Though I don't really agree with it, he did enter into a contract(marriage) under false pretenses. He had a case, as is confirmed by the fact he won. I'd like to think looks wouldn't play such an important part, but it goes to her lack of honesty and such as well. That should have been something she was upfront and honest about to begin with. Who knows what else she has been hiding.

• Jessica 2012/07/13 21:25:44
    He is wrong =.=
    Jessica
    +2
    What that must have been like the worst judge ever
  • BloodlessVeins 2012/07/10 02:45:52 (edited)
    He is wrong =.=
    BloodlessVeins
    But so is she...both of them are so superficial. However, he isn't losing money over it.
    I'm scared for their child though, for her father called her ugly. That is the person I feel the most pain for.
  • Ann Eiro Bloodle... 2012/12/06 20:48:52
    Ann Eiro
    +11
    She may be superficial, but she never hurt anyone and broke up her family because of it, and she certainly wasn't judgemental towards anyone but herself
  • Brosia 2012/07/10 02:41:59
    He is wrong =.=
    Brosia
    +1
    I'm sorry, normally, I would be all against a woman for lying to a man about how she looks, but obviously, he is a dick for only loving her for how she looks.
  • buddhaluv Brosia 2012/11/01 22:27:49 (edited)
    buddhaluv
    +2
    ...and she is a pu**y for not telling him BEFORE they got married that she had extensive plastic surgery. The marriage could have been avoided all together if he was just in it for looks. If he still chose to marry her, she may have learned he did not want to have children with her. Would you feel the same if SHE would have been a HE and not said anything about reconstructive surgery until the baby talk? I mean it's all about love, right? Honesty and integrity go a long way.
  • GoDucks5 2012/06/28 23:57:18
    He is wrong =.=
    GoDucks5
    +2
    He only married her for her looks and that's just sad.
  • buddhaluv GoDucks5 2012/11/01 22:33:17
    buddhaluv
    +2
    How do you know he didn't divorce her because she lied/hid something of importance to him. She should have told him before they got married and before they had children. Many people do choose mates based on looks...even you I'm sure. I doubt you're walking around with a 600lb woman or man and there are many beautiful woman that wouldn't even take a second look at you.
  • Fashionable60s 2012/06/16 03:18:41
    He is wrong =.=
    Fashionable60s
    +1
    How superficial was he! I don't know if the story is true. If he fell deeply in love that means the feeling was true and it would be hard to just divorce her. There's no guarantee in life as two beautiful persons can still produce ugly children, it is just the luck of the draw. I think someone is pulling our collective legs.
  • strawberry 2012/06/15 23:11:11
    He is wrong =.=
    strawberry
    LOL! I can't believe this is legally true. It is too funny.! Jian Feng married this woman, and she had every right to have plastic surgery before they married. Buyer beware.?
  • jackie strawberry 2012/06/16 02:48:41 (edited)
    jackie
    I dont really know if its her but some people on a forum thinks it is. There was a picture released, before and after. she was ugly. but after she was beautiful. The odd thing is is that she LOOKED like she had plastic surgery. Asian people usually have slanted eyes unless they have double eye lid surgery to make it look more rounder. And it looks like that is exactly what she had.That surgery is very popular in asian countries. I cant believe he didnt know o_o
  • Maci 2012/06/15 08:50:51
  • rikonjohn 2012/06/15 07:48:56
    He did the right thing
    rikonjohn
    +1
    This is a true story that took place when I was about nine in 1965. Since I can offer no proof of this having happened that far back, you'll have to take it as anecdotal.

My father had a friend who'd married the most beautiful Sicilian woman anyone at that time had ever seen. She was absolutely drop-dead gorgeous! Her nickname was "Chicky" and she had a marvelous accent like Appolonia in the movie "The Godfather".

One day Chicky gave birth two to beautiful twin girls . . . except they had noses like bird beaks. Truly awful looking those noses were. There was much drama that went on over where those noses could have come from. After a lot of phone calls to distant relatives the husband learned he had nothing like this in his family so his suspicions fell on Chicky.

There was a reason her nickname was "Chicky".

She'd had some serious rhinoplasty done during a visit to Italy before she came to the United States. Her natural nose was like a bird's beak. She was so ashamed of the way she used to look she put it completely behind her and pretended as if she'd never had a nose that literally looked like a birds beak. She had been teased and bullied all her life until that surgery.

Upshot: The husband had the marriage annulled and she got nothing. No alimony, no child...

Upshot: The husband had the marriage annulled and she got nothing. No alimony, no child support - nothing. She was left completely on her own with two young daughters, no home, income or money and very dim prospects.

This was in California in the mid-1960's. When a woman married a man in those days, she could not have her own credit. She was unable to own her own property without her husbands permission. She was not employable unless her husband said she could work - in writing. She even gave up her name; no hyphenations allowed. She was utterly dependent on her husband for everything. That was the way it was then.

So if a husband divorced his wife, she usually got everything. She got the house, the car, the kids, alimony (for life unless she re-married) and child support. She was economically unable to afford anything on her own and divorce settlements usually favored the wife as recompense.

Why not in Chicky's case? Because she kept a deep, dark secret before going into the marriage. She kept it from the man who was to be her husband; someone from whom NO secrets, especially of this type, should be kept. Had she fessed up prior to the marriage and the fiance still married her, then he'd have had no case for divorce or annulment.

What happened to Chicky was sad. And avoidable. The bottom line is this: Do NOT keep secrets from the one you've promised to marry. A marriage is a promise between two people to spend the rest of their lives together. From Wedding Day till Death Do Us Part. It is the SINGLE most important promise you can make in your life. It is the single, most important promise any of us can ever make, and you CANNOT keep a secret, especially an important one, from the one you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Because of the above anecdotal incident I lived through, I have to rate this question a "Yes".
  • White Wolf 2012/06/15 02:55:19
    He is wrong =.=
    White Wolf
    +1
    Wth. You don't just go and do that!
  • strawberry White Wolf 2012/06/15 23:13:12
    strawberry
    I wonder how true this story is.? There are no legal grounds in such a situation.
  • SarcasticB*tch 2012/06/14 22:03:55
    He is wrong =.=
    SarcasticB*tch
    bahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...
    that's great.
  • flrdsgns 2012/06/14 21:39:37
    He is wrong =.=
    flrdsgns
    +3
    Man put appearance above personality and character. The ex-wife is better off without him
  • strawberry flrdsgns 2012/06/15 23:16:47
    strawberry
    +2
    There must be more to this story. I can't see any court awarding this sum of money because the woman had plastic surgery before they were married. There are no legal grounds in this case. Feng judged a book by its cover. Maybe the baby looked like one of his ancestors.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/06/14 21:37:46
    He is wrong =.=
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +2
    that implies that he only married her for her looks; what a douche
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/06/14 21:36:36
    He is wrong =.=
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
  • Jarod K... ♒ßεllεc... 2012/06/14 22:33:06
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/14 21:30:05
    He is wrong =.=
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    Beauty is only skin deep and it is fading.
  • Fashion... BIG BAD... 2012/06/26 19:04:17
    Fashionable60s
    Yes, physical beauty ages, but a beautiful spirit stays young practically forever until one loses one's mind to dementia or Alzheimer.
  • KrSpo 2012/06/14 17:43:02
    He did the right thing
    KrSpo
    +1
    Hey, if they agreed to something and she didn't give her end of the bargain, he did what was allowed.
  • Thomas Bryant 2012/06/14 16:55:47
    He is wrong =.=
    Thomas Bryant
    That is just plane messed up!
  • shywink 2012/06/14 14:56:02
    He did the right thing
    shywink
    +1
    There is so much plastic surgery going on nowadays (especially done by women!) that most men don't even really know what a woman *really* looks like any more. It's sad! He was duped into believing that she was more attractive than she really is and while I think it's incredibly shallow of him to sue her for it, He *was* completely fooled i.e. "lied to" in a very real sense. As a woman, I can't believe I'm sideing with the man on this, but, as I've said, there is SO MUCH plastic surgery going on (especially in Asian countries) that nobody really knows what anyone really looks like anymore. No one is "natural" anymore and it is more than sad it is pathetic.
  • BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2012/06/14 13:49:20
    He is wrong =.=
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +1
    Counter suit is in order charges mental abuse and cruelty to publicly embarrass the mother of your child, Will bring shame dammit
    He is wrong =.=
    +1
    Just wrong!
  • Mimosa 2012/06/14 13:22:01
    He is wrong =.=
    Mimosa
    +1
    she should have sued him for being shallow
  • buddhaluv Mimosa 2012/11/01 22:45:04
    buddhaluv
    +3
    why is she not considered shallow for having the surgery in the first place?
  • Mimosa buddhaluv 2012/11/01 23:35:51
    Mimosa
    She is still the same person he married, unless he only married a face.
  • Veritas 2012/06/14 13:19:55
    He is wrong =.=
    Veritas
    +2
    Even though she probably should have disclosed the surgery, if he loved her and she is beautiful now, what difference does it make?

To call the baby ugly is dispicable. It's his child. Sad. Very sad.
  • rknothead 2012/06/14 13:04:22
    He did the right thing
    rknothead
    +3
    the answers are poorly worded. Legally, he has that right. Morally, she should have told him about it. And most importantly, we are viewing this from a western perspective that is totally different from the actual chinese/asian perspective. Marriage to most asians is very strict in terms of expectations. Not too long ago, and still happening in parts of asia, the bride must be a virgin. If the man suspects she's not, he can leave her or call off the marriage. This is somewhat different in nature, but you get the idea of the importance of purity. And the fact that you can have only 1 child in China, also complicates it even more.
  • sky 2012/06/14 12:58:11
    He is wrong =.=
    sky
    +2
    What an amazing attorney, I bet his fee went sky high after this case.
  • carolynb 2012/06/14 12:53:17
    He is wrong =.=
    carolynb
    +2
    So he only married her because she was beautiful? I cant believe he actually won the case.
  • Veritas carolynb 2012/06/14 13:21:15
    Veritas
    +1
    I guess it really is a Man's World. Wow.
  • carolynb Veritas 2012/06/14 15:48:56 (edited)
    carolynb
    +2
    Doesnt make sense, does it? I guess personality had nothing to do with it. She probably waited on him hand and foot, gave him a child, and he divorces her because she was once ugly and she didnt tell him she had surgery? Wow.
  • Andy 2012/06/14 12:50:26
    He is wrong =.=
    Andy
    +1
    He is wrong...she is wrong... What are they thinking???
  • Kitora 2012/06/14 11:46:09
    He is wrong =.=
    Kitora
    +2
    Oh gosh.... wtf
  • Christ0212 2012/06/14 11:45:16
    He is wrong =.=
    Christ0212
    How ugly was she?
  • N-Raged... Christ0212 2012/06/14 20:21:56
    N-RagedOwner
    +1
    The more interesting question would be... Just how ugly was the baby that he felt something was wrong? To me, most babies look the same, so she must have been one seriously hideous baby for him to be like, "WTF?!?"

2014/08/20 14:47:52