Male Bridesmaid???? WTF!

Michael S 2011/10/19 13:19:51
0 votes
0%
5 votes
63%
2 votes
25%
1 vote
13%
A friend of mine is getting married in a year. She was asking my opinion on a dress because my girlfriend is on the bridal party. Joking with her I told her I was mad at her because I was not asked to be a bridesmaid. She say OMG I wanted to ask you but didn't know what you would say. I thought she was joking so we go back and forth for some time and then I realized she was serious. So I was thinking ok, I've heard of this before. I just have to wear a tux with accents the same color as the bridesmaids. I was cool with that. She wanted to discuss it with her fiance first. Then as we are talking she mentions dress fittings, shoes and makeup appointments. I asked why I have to be there and she says you said you'll be my bridesmaid. I told her I am NOT wearing a dress. She actually got mad at me and told me I was a bad friend for backing out. I think she's a little out of her mind. What about you?

Question Closed

• Reggie☮ 2011/10/19 16:01:12
    Be a good friend it is her wedding day
    Reggie☮
    As long as you don't have to wear the dress that everyone always says you'll be able to wear again. How many people do you know who actually wore the bridesmaid dress for any other function?
  • Michael S Reggie☮ 2011/10/21 19:12:31
    Michael S
    Lmao. Why does every female think they will wear it again?
  • Reggie☮ Michael S 2011/10/21 19:33:10
    Reggie☮
    I think they just tell themselves that so it will be a little easier to fork over the $400. they have to pay for the dress.
  • Michael S Reggie☮ 2011/10/22 00:09:54
    Michael S
    Renting a tux is so much easier. $100 bucks at most. Love being a guy.
  • Reggie☮ Michael S 2011/10/22 01:36:29
    Reggie☮
    The tux is by far easier and cheaper.
  • Jessica... Reggie☮ 2012/07/10 03:07:32
    Jessica Conners
    +4
    Your own statement says you should were jealous you weren't asked to be a bridesmaid. I understand the idea of the tux, but try the traditional dress first and see if it works.
  • Reggie☮ Jessica... 2012/07/11 18:13:56
    Reggie☮
    I HAVE been a Bridsmaid on more than one occasion and those dresses usually hang in a bag in the closet for about 6 months then are donated to the less fortunate.
  • Jessica... Reggie☮ 2012/08/07 17:42:26
    Jessica Conners
    I think that is nice of you to share your dresses as well as to participate in the way you have been asked. More than one person thinks you are special enough to approach that way.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk 2011/10/19 15:06:15
    Be a good friend it is her wedding day
    MyPaperBleedsInk
    Nothing wrong with guys being bridesmaids. However, you should talk about a different outfit option, maybe a tux with the colors matching the others, or maybe some casual but dressy clothes of that color scheme....
  • TheMadChameleon 2011/10/19 14:51:47
    Be a good friend it is her wedding day
    TheMadChameleon
    But seriously, do bring up the tux idea. Though honestly, dresses are pretty awesome!
  • Wahvlvke 2011/10/19 13:45:56
    Run!!!!
    Wahvlvke
    Sounds like something happening in San Francisco.
  • Michael S Wahvlvke 2011/10/19 13:54:08
    Michael S
    Lmao. NYC. Best place in the world!!!
  • METALheadMom 2011/10/19 13:38:31
    Mention the Tux option
    METALheadMom
    ACTUALLY, there is nothing that pisses me off more than when someone does what you did, then turns around and calls ME crazy. First, are you SURE SHE SPECIFICALLY SAID you would be wearing a dress, OR, did she just say you would have to GO to all of the same get togethers as all her other bridesmaids? Either way, you DID throw a hissy fit about the whole thing in the first place, bravo to HER for trying to get you to see how ridiculous your idea was in the first place - - IT WAS YOUR IDEA, don't be calling HER crazy. I'm glad you aren't my friend.
  • Michael S METALhe... 2011/10/19 13:44:07
    Michael S
    She was serious about the dress. She asked me if I would he embarrassed to wear that stuff. I left that part out. I was fooling around with her when I mentioned any of it. Our friendships is like that. We break each others chops all the time. I would definitely wear a tux and do that for her. She is a great friend. I would do almost anything for her.
  • Tom 2011/10/19 13:23:15
    Mention the Tux option
    Tom
    +1
    Sure, why not.

2014/09/30 11:54:45