Lying Spirit? Lies?

I quit!!! 2010/04/20 22:06:44
As a Christian I agree... Because...
As a Christian I don't agree... Because...
I am not Christian ... And...
2 Chron. 18:22 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

This is a bad habit that can lead to more trouble then you think. People exaggerate and speak (little white lies) and tell tall tails. It all seems harmless, but it is not. Jokes are part of the problem in the lives of people. After all what is the basic form of a joke? Most jokes are lies that take the form of humor. These types of seemly harmless lies leads us to more lies that leads to harmful lies that leads to evil. This is a hard thing to get away from. It is a habit that is not easily broken.

A young boy would tell lies to get his brother into trouble. He would do something bad and blame it on him. His crafty lies would often work the worst end of it all would go to the other boy. The Lying Spirit would play one against another. This in turn would cause strife between the children.

The habit of lying would often start small then over time manifest into an out of control tangled web of lie after lie. It becomes a way to get what you want and to get others to do what you want. It becomes like a drug. You then fall into a trap of telling a lie to satisfy the needs of the previous lie. It then manifests into greater lies to cover for the lesser lies. This opens the door for the Lying Spirit to come into a person’s life. After it enters in the door it begins to take over the life. It becomes comfortable within a person. Then the person falls into a comfort zone of perpetual lies to the point that they can no longer tell the lie from the truth. It literally takes over in them and they believe the lie they are living.

This Lying Spirit is one of Satan’s means to make us useless to God. He will use lies as an avenue to this end. He will cause a person to be useless for the purpose of God’s plan. He hates all man and wants us to fail God. We are able to defeat this Spirit through Jesus Christ our Lord. Because we are his Chosen we have the power to win our fight against the Lying Spirit.

In Matthew 18:18 it says, “Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: …” This means that we are able to bind the Lying Spirit. Then we can loose the Spirit of the truth (Jesus) in us. In the same verse Matthew 18:18 it says “…and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15: 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

• animelover_in_God_I_trust 2010/04/20 23:06:57
    As a Christian I agree... Because...
    animelover_in_God_I_trust
    +2
    People get to wraped up in the wrod. That they forget easily about what our Lord Jesus has done for us. Satan sees that and as you said he trys to make us fail God. But we are lucky enough to have a forgiving God. Satan knows this as well so he trys to make us a busy as posibal. Now people think that litle white lies are alright. When they are not. Because little white lies becomes a huge lie. I saw this poster up in my teacher's room before. It said "Tell the truth because you woun't have to rememebr what you said."

• FREED Speaks Up 2010/04/26 18:34:20
    As a Christian I agree... Because...
    FREED Speaks Up
    +1
    Another great post Mugs, exposing the works of the devil upon our flesh. The mind set on the flesh is death. Blessing Always!
    As a Christian I agree... Because...
    animelover_in_God_I_trust
    +2
  • I quit!!! animelo... 2010/04/20 23:15:48
    I quit!!!
    +1
    Amen. "Tell the truth because you woun't have to rememebr what you said." now that was funny and true! lol
  • animelo... I quit!!! 2010/04/20 23:16:44
    animelover_in_God_I_trust
    yeah I laughed the frist time I saw that

2014/07/29 08:55:24