Levi Johnston Is Reportedly Broke and Living With His Mom: Is Living With Your Parents After 18 OK?

The Big Question 2012/05/25 20:42:18

• Dave The Canuck 2012/05/28 02:50:14
    Dave The Canuck
    +6
    At 18, except in rare cases, I think the youth SHOULD still be living at home with their parents. I wouldn't recommend living on one's own until at least 21. At 18, you're still sort of a kid. Too young to move out, in my opinion.

• POWERSHAKER 2012/05/28 02:08:19
  • Red_Horse 2012/05/28 02:06:36
  • Wulfdane 2012/05/27 22:10:16 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +3
    Not in his case. He reportedly made a $1M and now he is leeching off his parents after he squandered that money?

What a loser.
  • bob h. 2012/05/27 14:18:13
    bob h.
    +1
    In some cases, it's that or tent city.
  • Gloria bob h. 2012/05/28 13:57:01
    Gloria
    Not only that but if someone can't afford rent they probably don't have a $1000 worth of premium camping equipment.
  • Anne 2012/05/27 08:51:41
    Anne
    That really is a matter of the particular situation.
  • beach bum 2012/05/27 04:57:16
    beach bum
    if you are really stuck and need help
  • cjd 2012/05/27 01:34:53
    cjd
    +3
    as long as you are not taking advantage of them
  • Kigan 2012/05/26 23:59:47
    Kigan
    +2
    These days it happens all the time as the only option of survival. After all, what can you do when you can't even get a job at McDonald's or Wal-Mart because the market is so flooded with unemployed and things actually aren't getting better?

Perhaps he should have taken better advantage of the Playgirl shoot and gotten some more money out of the deal. He really had nothing else to fall back on.
  • Ericka Kigan 2012/05/28 06:06:08
    Ericka
    He would have partied that money away, too, so what would be the point? To make him a bigger sleaze than he already is?
  • Kigan Ericka 2012/05/28 13:32:21
    Kigan
    I don't recall posing for Playgirl having anything to do with making someone a "sleaze" as you put it.

And if he'd taken better advantage of the deal, he'd have gotten more money then and perhaps an invite to do another shoot of some kind with them. As I said, he had nothing else to fall back on.

Whether or not he would have partied away the money is irrelevant at this point. It involves a lot of hypothetical questions with multiple variables.
  • Ericka Kigan 2012/05/28 14:41:50
    Ericka
    It does in light of the other behaviors he's exhibited. Old Chinese proverb: If a man has duck doo on his shoes, chances are he has ducks in the house.
  • Kigan Ericka 2012/05/28 17:21:18
    Kigan
    Behavior he has exhibited now based on what has already happened.

There are theories that have been generated when the possibility of time travel has been discussed. One such theory is that going back in time and changing one seemingly insignificant thing can have drastic consequences for the present time.

I bring this up because the idea of him having made better of the Playgirl shoot could have changed his direction in life. It's all hypothetical, of course, but the same idea makes it impossible to say that he would have partied away the money if the shoot had gone better.

We are shaped by what happens to us. One event, or even the positivity/negativity of that event, can lead us different ways.

He had the misfortune of getting involved with Bristol Palin and then his attempt to break free with the Playgirl shoot failed, in part because he didn't make the most of it. Partying away the money after that is an easy path to follow.

Change any aspect of it, and you can't honestly say you know what would happen.
  • Ericka Kigan 2012/06/02 07:20:35
    Ericka
    Time travel? Really? SMH.

I was responding to your original statement (and the Levi Johnston situation), as follows:
    *******************
    "These days it happens all the time as the only option of survival. After all, what can you do when you can't even get a job at McDonald's or Wal-Mart because the market is so flooded with unemployed and things actually aren't getting better?

Perhaps he should have taken better advantage of the Playgirl shoot and gotten some more money out of the deal. He really had nothing else to fall back on."
    *******************
    I don't know where you live that "no one" can get a job. I got laid off a few years ago, and since then, I have gotten FOUR jobs - each one better than the last. At the current one, which I think I will stay at for at least a while, I AM one entire department in the facility, plus support all of the other departments, so I create value and the owner dotes on me for it. I certainly wasn't given anything I now have in life, but I made the most of what I had and refused to make excuses for not succeeding.

Why I think Levi Johnston is a sleaze is because he is an absentee father and shirks his responsibilities. Partying away the playgirl money is just the tip of the iceberg, the lower part is that in which he didn't get a re...
    Time travel? Really? SMH.

*******************

*******************

Why I think Levi Johnston is a sleaze is because he is an absentee father and shirks his responsibilities. Partying away the playgirl money is just the tip of the iceberg, the lower part is that in which he didn't get a real job and quit expecting Everyone/Life to give him a free ride. He should not be living off his mother, especially since he HAS a baby. He needs to quit BEING a baby and be a man.
  • Kigan Ericka 2012/06/02 13:46:11 (edited)
    Kigan
    Well, if you think the economy is well enough that instead of being grateful you are skeptical of how hard it is for many - a great many - other people, I think I understand your responses better, including your inability to understand my attempt at explaining how one difference can greatly change a person's life.
  • Ericka Kigan 2012/06/05 07:26:54
    Ericka
    The "official" numbers on unemployment do not count those discouraged and/or stopped looking. Given those, the numbers are higher, but those criteria themselves are also self-reported via survey, so "stopped looking" isn't what they tell EDD, I'm sure. Look, I'm not saying it's not hard - it sure is. What I'm saying is that doesn't change that it still takes money to eat/live/support a family, so - love it or lump it - it still must be done. I have a college degree. I am working on another one, and planning yet another one after that. I took jobs I considered "beneath" my usual/appropriate rate of pay in order to make ends meet. Do I love it? Nope. Do I hate it? Nope. It "just is." Sure it changes people's lives. It changed mine in that I stopped being complacent and started being proactive. I also have reason to believe being laid off back then was a blessing in disguise and led me to a few other blessings along the way.

THAT being said...I stand by what I said before.

Don't blame me for your hard luck. In fact, don't blame anyone. God helps those who helps themselves. Next, I'm sure you'll tell me you're an atheist, too. (SMH...again.)
  • Kigan Ericka 2012/06/05 13:24:28
    Kigan
    Who blamed you for anything?

Get off your high horse and don't put words into my mouth.

"God helps those who helps themselves." Give me a break. I've been job hunting for nearly 6 years. I've filled out enough applications to fill 5 drawer filing cabinet, and then some.

You don't know anything about the medical conditions that hindered my job search for years - including costing me TWO jobs because of incompetent doctors - and you don't know anything about the work I've put into trying to get a job. Including getting a 2 year degree that is useless and currently working on a 4 year degree.

And how the hell did you fall upon the idea of atheism in this whole conversation? Just because I expect to get what I earn without God giving it to me on a platter does not make me an atheist.
  • Ericka Kigan 2012/06/09 06:44:42
    Ericka
    Good for you then. Have a nice day.
  • kitkat42 2012/05/26 21:44:55
    kitkat42
    These days? Yes. Its happening more and more during these down times.
  • chrystal97 2012/05/26 21:11:31
    chrystal97
    +1
    To some extent. If you're 40 and living in your mother's basement, something is wrong.
  • Just Another Girl (5) 2012/05/26 07:57:04
    Just Another Girl (5)
    +1
    My kids still live with me, my youngest just turned 18 last month and he is still in high school. My middle son will be 19 this month and he just isn't quite ready. I think he is a bit nervous being that much of a grown up just yet. And my oldest who is 21 actually moved out at 19 but lost his job due to layoffs and couldn't pay his bills. So a month and a half ago he moved back home.

I am not pushing them to move out because I want them to be ready. If they are really ready, they have a better chance at succeeding.
  • Jake Bl... Just An... 2012/05/28 04:01:24
    Jake Blanton
    +2
    You're 37 and you have a 21 year old son? Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture? If you had been my daughter, the boy who knocked you up would have been feeding the gators...
  • hat man Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 08:28:22
    hat man
    Would the daughter be feeding the gators as well? It wasn't only his fault.
  • Jake Bl... hat man 2012/05/28 09:24:44
    Jake Blanton
    It depends, but at the very least, she would be *wanting* to be feeding the gators...

Besides, it is ultimately the guys fault since it's the father that is going to be removing the guy from the gene pool... By getting the father's daughter pregnant, he is disrespecting the father and saying that he is not afraid of anything that the father could do to him... Don't mess with us old guys... We might not be able to beat you, so we'll just have to kill you...
  • hat man Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 09:46:35
    hat man
    It doesn't really matter to me. As long as they actually plan to stick together and care for each other and are able to support their selves and their kids then I don't really care. But there aren't many 16 year olds who can support themself. I mean people were getting married at 10-11 back in the days.
  • Jake Bl... hat man 2012/05/28 17:02:51
    Jake Blanton
    But then again, you're just 17, so your opinion on this matter is a bit biased... Come back in 30 years and let's see what your view is on it...
  • hat man Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 17:32:47 (edited)
    hat man
    I realise the protectiveness men feel for their daughters. It is a well-documented evolutionary mechanism. However it has little use nowadays. People can make their own choice. You only live once and you live for yourself. If you screw up your life of your own accord then at least you had the freedom to make the bad decisions. That's precious.
  • Jake Bl... hat man 2012/05/28 17:34:48
    Jake Blanton
    Like I said, come back in 30 years and we'll see what your view is on it...
  • hat man Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 17:37:01
    hat man
    I don't plan to have kids so I doubt it will change. I'm only speaking from common sense.
  • Jake Bl... hat man 2012/05/28 17:43:38
    Jake Blanton
    Common sense from a 17 year old male? LMAO !!!

If you don't want kids, get clipped as soon as you legally can... Otherwise, you'll find that your woman gets to the point where her biological clock starts ticking and she'll say, "I only want ONE..." Been there, done that, have the headache...
  • hat man Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 17:48:30 (edited)
    hat man
    Common sense can come from anyone. All it requires is some thinking. Age does not equal logic. All of the problems in this world are caused by older people. Your own stereotype does not make sense. The fact that females must seek permission does not make sense. It has little to no practical use. Anyone can be taught to use logic. It isn't hard. In any case humanity needs to slow down on the reproducing for a while. I doubt I would make a good parent either.
  • Jake Bl... hat man 2012/05/28 18:09:07
    Jake Blanton
    Yeah, common sense *can* come from anyone, but usually doesn't... I can still kind of remember being your age... You think that you know everything and that your elders are just too old to understand *anything*... You're wrong, of course, but you won't realize it for another 30 years... If you survive, you'll understand what I'm talking about... It's a foolish man who refuses to learn from the mistakes of others...
  • hat man Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 18:14:14
    hat man
    I don't think I know everything. And I wish to learn from the wisdom of others. But you are mistaking experience for logic. Logic is absolute. It is a mind frame. Experience normally comes with age (as long as you do something with your life). So I do not claim to be experienced. You really should stop mentioning age. It is a crude argument. Parents normally use it when they can't be bothered to talk to their kids. I see that you are Agnostic. That is a logical choice. I made that choice a few years back and left religion. Had to leave the family as well, but I think it was worth it.
  • Just An... Jake Bl... 2012/05/28 09:15:45
    Just Another Girl (5)
    While it was not the very best idea in the world, I honestly would not have changed it for the world. I love my children very much and I am thankful my parents allowed the guy to live and not fed him to any gators. Becoming pregnant at 16 was hard enough but doing it without his help would have been impossible.
  • RoseyRhod 2012/05/26 04:47:37 (edited)
    RoseyRhod
    +4
    Especially in this economy. You do what you've gotta do.
    That being said, Levi Johnston is a wanker.
  • ★misfit★ 2012/05/26 02:47:24
    ★misfit★
    +1
    As long as everybody's okay with it, then yeah it's fine. I'm over 18 and living with my parents just because I don't want to spend the money on a dorm nor do I think dorm life sounds appealing.
  • RoseyRhod ★misfit★ 2012/05/26 04:48:41
    RoseyRhod
    +1
    Dorm life kind of blows.
  • ★misfit★ RoseyRhod 2012/05/26 14:34:08
    ★misfit★
    Yeah I'm a very private person and I just can't see myself sharing a tiny room with a stranger in a huge building with tons of other strangers.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/05/26 01:59:16
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    In this economy, it's not only okay, it's often necessary.
    +3
    needed MORE choices NOT when you neglect 2 kids

2014/07/23 11:20:27