Letting Go Of Anger And Hate To Create Peace And Love In Your Life.

Auntie J "GOD IS LOVE"-1John 4:15 2010/06/16 16:03:00

Catherine Morgan on April 14, 2007

This is a post from my site “BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN YOURSELF“, I thought it might be good here too. Hope you like it.

life catherine morgan april 14 2007 post site change hope

picture by © silkmom

HOW WE CAN CREATE PEACE AND LOVE IN OUR LIVES – BY LETTING GO OF ANGER AND HATE – by Catherine Morgan

If we wish peace for ourselves, me must first wish peace for others. How do we do that? I think a good place to start is to take “hate” out of our thoughts and mind. It’s easy to say you’re not a hater, but to truly live a life without hating is not that easy. Here are a few suggestions….

1. Start with yourself. Stop hating yourself. Stop hating your weight, your looks, your job, your face, your inabilities, and on and on. This first step might be the most difficult, but it is also the most important. Learn to love yourself.

2. Stop hating the uncontrollable situations in your life. Things like; the traffic, the news, the bills, the check-out girl, any circumstance in your life that makes you angry but that you have no control over.

You can be conscious of your emotions at these times. When you feel yourself getting impatient in a traffic jam, use this time to reflect on your need to learn how to be more patient. Realize that this hold-up may actually keep you from being in an accident yourself, acknowledge that traffic isn’t the enemy unless you let it be. Do this type of refection with all the uncontrollable inconveniences that you hate in your life. Take some time to reflect, see the uselessness in your anger.

3. Stop hating people in your life. If someone chooses to hate you, you do not have to choose to hate them back. When you allow yourself to hate anyone in your life (no matter how justified you feel), the person you hurt the most is yourself. Think about how much time we waste in a lifetime being angry or hating people? Life is too short to waste your energy on negative emotions. (Also see: article on Forgiveness)

Did you ever notice how one angry thought can cause a domino affect in your life? You might be mad at your boss, but when you come home you may take it out on someone in your family, or maybe even a stranger. What you are doing is unconsciously causing a wave of anger that is touching many more people than just yourself.

Instead….let go of the anger before you interact with anyone….and let those interactions be of peace and not hate. Then you will begin a wave of peace through your life, that has the power to touch more people than you can ever realize. (Also see: articles on Kindness)

If you can follow these three steps, I can promise you that you will create peace in your life. Why don’t you give it a try for a week or two, and see if you notice a difference? It is impossible to be perfect at any of these steps, but even the simple act of trying, can make a huge difference in your life.

• Epiphany 2010/06/17 13:28:20 (edited)
    Epiphany
    +1
    Anger and hate will eat a hole through you soul. anger hate eat hole soul
  • Max7 2010/06/17 03:27:19
    Max7
    +1
    Anger and hate will kill your inner self, striving to keep the peace is the only way to go.
  • FindingHeartInThisCrazy World 2010/06/16 21:49:04
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    pema chodrin teaches how to use all of our experiences to grow and to develop compassion for ourselves and others...your post reminds me to be mindful...thank you.
  • 0o0SatansEmoChild0o0 2010/06/16 17:10:54
    0o0SatansEmoChild0o0
    +1
    Thank you for posting this. I will give it ago. I have realised myself lately through an assembly at school, that anger does not help a situation. I knew this deep in myself but when I was in a situation that needed me to be calm, I ignored it and took out my anger. Now I'm trying to make it right. Hopefully everything will turn out okay..for me and everyone else..

0o0
  • Auntie ... 0o0Sata... 2010/06/16 17:17:17
    Auntie J "GOD IS LOVE"-1John 4:15
    Just remember this and you will be just fine!

remember fine
  • 0o0Sata... Auntie ... 2010/06/16 17:18:22
    0o0SatansEmoChild0o0
    Thank you :)

0o0

2014/11/26 21:48:40