Legit question. If a woman has three kids by three different dads, does that make her a whore?

666_Maggots~Mr. Arrogant Jew 2012/07/20 01:08:18
Related Topics: Kids, Kid, Unicorn, tell
I was discussing this with my grandmother, and she's trying to tell me that it makes a woman look like a whore. I don't see how this could possibly make someone a whore, I think it makes the one who thinks that look ignorant and basically rude.

• Your Favorite Nerd 2012/07/20 01:14:20
    Jedi Unicorn
    Your Favorite Nerd
    +11
    Not necessarily. She may have loved the man, but then he cheated on her, the fathers may have died, she could have been raped. There are so many reasons why she could have had three kids with three different fathers that do not make her look like a slut.

• Anita Nash 2015/02/08 19:30:17
    No.
    Anita Nash
    +1
    it's very easy to pass judgements when sitting on the other side of the fence. i would have been one of those who would have considered that woman a slut in the past. Now i find myself in the same position as her, i'm expecting my third child from my third partner, and am terrified as to what people will think of me. do i have an abortion to save face and prevent gossip?? i don't think so. you see my situation is as follows, i had my first child at 27 with my then partner , we were engaged and bought a house. when our child was 2, he decided our relationship didnt suit his lifestyle anymore, so we parted. i then met someone 6 months after we broke up. 4yrs later in that relationship i found myself pregnant again. i had my baby no 2. i remained with my partner for another 2 yrs and then left as he became a violent abusive. who threatend to breal my jaw in front of my 7 and 2 yr old on christmas night. i then met my current partner 2 months after that relationship ended and we are togther 2 years. i found out a month ago that i am pregnant.i am terrified especially after reading some of the remarks on this site. my partner is thrilled btw, and has told me not to care about ignorant remarks. bottom line society has changed, and yes people do and don't have kids for all sorts ...
    it's very easy to pass judgements when sitting on the other side of the fence. i would have been one of those who would have considered that woman a slut in the past. Now i find myself in the same position as her, i'm expecting my third child from my third partner, and am terrified as to what people will think of me. do i have an abortion to save face and prevent gossip?? i don't think so. you see my situation is as follows, i had my first child at 27 with my then partner , we were engaged and bought a house. when our child was 2, he decided our relationship didnt suit his lifestyle anymore, so we parted. i then met someone 6 months after we broke up. 4yrs later in that relationship i found myself pregnant again. i had my baby no 2. i remained with my partner for another 2 yrs and then left as he became a violent abusive. who threatend to breal my jaw in front of my 7 and 2 yr old on christmas night. i then met my current partner 2 months after that relationship ended and we are togther 2 years. i found out a month ago that i am pregnant.i am terrified especially after reading some of the remarks on this site. my partner is thrilled btw, and has told me not to care about ignorant remarks. bottom line society has changed, and yes people do and don't have kids for all sorts of reasons. but there is nothing wrong when two people are in love and express it. In this day and age it's alot tougher for relationships to last. but how many women stayed in violent and abusive relationships, just to save face or so their children could have a complete family unit. behind the doors of those homes were sorrow , misery and violence. My children are happy , well mannered and respectable. Broken home my ass and as for me being considered a whore, i think not............all of you out there who considered a woman a whore because her children have different fathers, makes you very small minded and pathetic. take a long look at yourself in the mirror before judging others.............
  • ★misfit★ 2012/07/23 03:21:28 (edited)
    No.
    ★misfit★
    +2
    Unless she got paid by those dads, then no. A whore is a prostitute. Like "slut," the word "whore" has lost its meaning and become a subjective term for "a woman I don't like or whose sexual behavior I deem unacceptable."

While I might question this woman's foresight and wisdom, there is no reason to judge her or call her names. It's possible that she was in a serious relationship with each dad and they left her, she had to leave for some good reason, or maybe one even died. It's easy to say what mistakes other people have made while ignoring your own equally stupid (but less visible) mistakes.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/07/23 02:07:21
    No.
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    Not very smart.
  • bricklyn 2012/07/21 19:41:56
    No.
    bricklyn
    +1
    It could just make her married 3 times
  • Leprachaun999 2012/07/20 20:54:11
    No.
    Leprachaun999
    +1
    If she was in relationship with each man , than no.
  • Crime Time 2012/07/20 19:50:07
  • Venus in Furs 2012/07/20 15:45:07
    No.
    Venus in Furs
    +2
    My father and his siblings were all born of the same woman with 3 different dads. I never thought my grandmother was a whore. For whatever reason, it is a bit odd, but not whorish. People get remarried, people can die, whatever, etc. It's not something that should be looked down upon or even something that should reflect poorly upon a mother or her children. It's just different, is all.
  • Fran-Halen 2012/07/20 15:35:39
    Jedi Unicorn
    Fran-Halen
    +1
    If she has no problem raising them, who am I to say anything ?
  • Footage 2012/07/20 15:19:49
    No.
    Footage
    +1
    Of course not.
  • Clay Slayer *Shotgun Guru 2012/07/20 14:38:39
    No.
    Clay Slayer *Shotgun Guru
    +1
    Not exactly a whore.. maybe someone that is irresponsible.. or making bad choices.. By this time she needs to keep her legs tied together.....
  • Lina Blub 2012/07/20 14:00:16
    Jedi Unicorn
    Lina Blub
    +1
    these kids could be adpotive kids...
  • D D 2012/07/20 13:09:06
    Jedi Unicorn
    D D
    +1
    It is all on a individual basis. Having 3 kids with 3 different guys looks bad. I highly suggest a woman not do that because you will be viewed as a whore. Sad to say.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/07/20 12:32:29
    No.
    Jeff Smith
    +1
    Maybe the dad's weren't worth marrying in the first place
  • RachelA7X 2012/07/20 12:02:36
    Jedi Unicorn
    RachelA7X
    +1
    It depends on the situation
  • rand 2012/07/20 08:53:57
    Jedi Unicorn
    rand
    +2
    Was she getting paid for sexual services while she was getting pregnant? Otherwise, no.
  • TheCouchF*cker 2012/07/20 07:18:18
    No.
    TheCouchF*cker
    +2
    She's only a whore if she charges for sex.
  • LolaLee4 TheCouc... 2012/07/20 11:37:36
  • TheCouc... LolaLee4 2012/07/20 15:24:32
    TheCouchF*cker
    +1
    "Losers", generally.
  • Revkae 2012/07/20 07:15:04
    No.
    Revkae
    +2
    No one except this woman (and her God) can say what happened in her life, for her circumstances to be as they are. Maybe she had a soldier who died in battle. Maybe the next beat the crap out of her, and maybe for a moment in her life, when she was teenager, her boyfriend told her to 'prove' her love or she'd loose him. All are possible, do any of them make her sound like a whore? I don't thing so. I don't cast stones.
  • Marianne 2012/07/20 07:14:19
    No.
    Marianne
    +1
    There are quite different situations, like divorces, separations or other losses. Why should a woman not have the right to marry again after having lost her husband or after a divorce? There are so many different stories or fates, and no one has the right to throw the first stone.
  • LunarRain 2012/07/20 07:02:34
    No.
    LunarRain
    +1
    If she loved them all and were with them for a while no if it was a fling then maybe.
  • GoDucks5 2012/07/20 06:37:51
    No.
    GoDucks5
    +3
    It could be all different marriages. I have two brothers and one sister. My sister and I have a different dad then our brothers though. My brothers grew up with my mom and my dad. My mom was married to my brothers' dad when they were born but she was married to my dad until 1997. I was born in 1996 and my sister was born in 1994. My mom is defiantly not a whore though. I know someone who has four kids with four different dads and she's not a whore though. If you have seventeen kids with seventeen different dads then you probably are a whore.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/07/20 06:35:46
    Jedi Unicorn
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    It might tend to point in that direction, but, the circumstances should always be considered before passing judgement.
  • Arianne 2012/07/20 05:37:35
    Jedi Unicorn
    Arianne
    +2
    Depends on the circumstances. And besides its not my place to judge.
  • Headshot760 2012/07/20 05:35:35
    Yes.
    Headshot760
    +1
    I'd think so
  • bricklyn Headsho... 2012/07/21 19:43:37
    bricklyn
    +2
    Very judgemental. She could easily have been married 3 times. Why does that make her a whore?
  • Headsho... bricklyn 2012/07/21 20:46:22
    Headshot760
    +1
    Having three kids from three different dads makes her look pretty sluty. Doesn't mean she is one, but it does make it seem like she is. You wouldn't know if she is or isn't until you get the facts. Maybe I should have said it make her seem like one.
  • bricklyn Headsho... 2012/07/21 20:58:27
    bricklyn
    +2
    Even saying that is very judgemental. You have no idea what her history is.
  • Headsho... bricklyn 2012/07/22 22:30:26
    Headshot760
    +1
    And that's exactly what makes her look like one, not knowing her history.
  • Redneck 2012/07/20 05:02:07
    No.
    Redneck
    +1
    No, but she may have poor choice in men or is impossible to live with.
  • Raphy 2012/07/20 04:50:37
    No.
    Raphy
    +1
    She just had friendly..........you know what...
  • Rose and Thorns 666 2012/07/20 04:36:38
    No.
    Rose and Thorns 666
    +2
    Not unless she was married to all three of them, or cheating with 2 of them.
  • being me 2012/07/20 04:19:17
    No.
    being me
    +4
    But people think so. It's like if a man has 3 kids buy 3 different women he isn't a slut. But society has a double standard for women.
  • Kaleokualoha 2012/07/20 04:14:54
    Jedi Unicorn
    Kaleokualoha
    +2
    Appearances may be deceiving.
  • wutever 2012/07/20 04:13:25 (edited)
    No.
    wutever
    +1
    It might make her look like a whore, but it depends on how many other guys she has been with
  • AnoSayWa 2012/07/20 04:08:30 (edited)
    Jedi Unicorn
    AnoSayWa
    +2
    No. It doesn't. It just means she's probably had bad luck in picking men, or has some personal problems she needs to work out, or life just hasn't played the right cards. Maybe she wanted it that way and you never know. It may be a little reckless to have that many kids if she can't support them, but it's not something someone should be judged negatively for.
  • FrancheskahMae:) 2012/07/20 04:05:56
    Jedi Unicorn
    FrancheskahMae:)
    +1
    Lol then that would make my mom a big one.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/07/20 04:04:47 (edited)
    No.
    Bibliophilic
    +2
    Not unless she had sex with them all for money. That is the definition of a whore.

Who cares if she is a slut or not? It's none of my business. Your grandmother is old-fashioned, my parents would probably agree with her. She probably doesn't mean any harm.
  • xxx 2012/07/20 03:53:23
    No.
    xxx
    +1
    Depends on the situation. A young woman who's not in any serious relationships having a kid one after the other.... then yeah. Someone who has been married a couple times for a number of years with different people then I think the whole thing is a little different.
  • Relay 2012/07/20 03:45:31
    Jedi Unicorn
    Relay
    +2
    i guess it depends on the time period.. if a women has 3 kids with 3 fathers within 15 years then not a whore.. 3 kids with 3 fathers within 3 years .... slightly a whore..

2015/04/01 13:13:56