Lefties can’t learn what happens when they boycott businesses, fortunately for Papa John’s

jt 2012/11/18 16:26:50
Related Topics: 2012, Jt, 16

• Sordido 2012/11/18 18:24:58
    Sordido
    +12
    Sure, because that Rush Limbaugh thing didn't cost a few radio companies millions in losses this past year.

And counting.

• ajracestables1 2012/11/22 01:34:02
    ajracestables1
    Alot of companies have survived over the years but they are not going to make it through the Obama administration, that is sad and does not sound like a recovering economy at all. I would like to see government stay out of health care and let free enterprise take care of how businesses survive. A good business that treats it's customers and employees right along with giving the consumer a good product should and will succeed in a free enterprise market. A successful business will offer affordable healthcare to there workers. Nothing should be forced, especialy in this country that is supposed to be land of the free.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/11/19 03:48:33
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    Will Do!!!
  • Singerar 2012/11/18 22:50:53
    Singerar
    And yet...Chick-fil-a is reconsidering their Anti-Gay funding.
    Why do you think that is?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/p...
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/11/18 22:13:27
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    Used to work for Papa John's. This has nothing to do with politics: Papa John's was a **** employer to work for. I left them after about a year for Domino's, where I would work for over four years while I went to college. Domino's actually took care of their employees, had more than enough hours for the drivers, and I actually made more money.
  • JohnT 2012/11/18 20:35:33
    JohnT
    +1
    I don't care what either side does, I don't eat in those places. If I am going to eat out might as well have something decent.
  • Dickens 2012/11/18 20:07:42
    Dickens
    +1
    ...this sort of stupidity is the reason we need a DRASTIC change in our health care system...when an employer has the power of life and death, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong!!
  • tdterry... Dickens 2012/11/18 20:32:20
    tdterry1999
    +1
    No,you are what is seriously wrong with this country.You can go by Insurance any time you want.Healthcare Insurance is a benefit that companies give.
  • Jim 2012/11/18 19:45:51
    Jim
    Other companies are already starting to layoff workers and cut hours. Companies will also offer the cheapest healthcare they can find. Wait until everyones taxes are raised, not just the rich.
  • Sordido 2012/11/18 18:24:58
    Sordido
    +12

And counting.
  • tff~PWC... Sordido 2012/11/18 20:01:26
    tff~PWCM~JLA
    Your an IDIOT! Rush makes mountains of money for his stations.
  • Sordido tff~PWC... 2012/11/18 20:14:49 (edited)
    Sordido
    +2
    Actually, you're wrong: three days ago, Dial Global requested that they be delisted from the Nasdaq. Their explanation of their multimillion dollar loss in their 10-Q filing follows:

"Based on our current financial projections, absent additional debt or equity capital from third parties, we anticipate that we will breach our debt leverage and interest coverage covenants for the quarters ended DECEMBER 31st, 2012 and beyond. Such expected non-compliance is a result of several factors. We believe our 2012 results were adversely impacted by, among other things, late cancellations in ad buys (which we believe was a by-product of the election and renewed economic uncertainty), competitive factors, such as a greater diversity of digital ad platforms (into which ad budgets have flowed) and increased competition from our major competitors, and advertisers' response to controversial statements by a certain nationally syndicated talk radio personality in MARCH 2012."

Cumulus has made similar claims.

Now. You're welcome to make an attempt to rebut my facts, but name-calling and spurious claims serve only to prove your ignorance and inability to back up your position.
  • Crische 2012/11/18 18:14:32
    Crische
    +1
    Nothing can work when we sit back and whine.
  • AdLib 2012/11/18 18:03:27
    AdLib
    +4
    John Schnatter is pulling a political stunt and nothing more. He's more concerned about adding another 18 hole golf course or landing strip on his property than providing his employee's with decent healthcare benefits. He held a fundraiser for Romney, so I'm sure this is his way of thumping his nose at the Democrats. (at the expense of this employees.)
    No doubt the majority of his employees are part-timers that would not qualify for HC benefits in the first place. This guy's a self-serving ASS and I would NEVER buy one of his crummy pizza's.
    papa john s pizza ceo house
  • Jim AdLib 2012/11/18 19:47:18
    Jim
    +1
    My, aren't we envious. Why don't you work hard sixteen hours a day and maybe some day you too will be rich.
  • AdLib Jim 2012/11/18 20:08:41
    AdLib
    +3
    So you think working 16 hrs a day will get you that.... HaaaHaaHaa. Being rich was never my goal in life. I'm do quit well thank you. My point is this man has exploited his employees for his own selfish gain. Its a moral and ethical issue for me. I'm standing with the millions of Americans that do work 16 or more hrs a day and still can not feed their families, properly house their families. get proper medical attention and can eventually retire with dignity. I will NEVER justify in my mind the exploitation of another human being.
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2012/11/18 17:46:18
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +1
    I don't buy Papa Johns to begin with but he is wrong for the way he is handling this. However, its his buisness so it is his choice.
  • Jim JustBei... 2012/11/18 19:48:59
    Jim
    Other corporations are doing the same thing. Some are raising their prices. Just wait until you are paying higher taxes to support Obamacare.
  • JustBei... Jim 2012/11/18 20:35:16
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +1
    If raising taxes and gaining cuts in spending will reduce the deficit and keep us from going into recession, I'm in.
    +2
    And the RIGHTIES can't learn what will happen when the wealthy kepp going to the well and suck it dry.... leaving NOTHING for anyone else.
  • tdterry... Lady Wh... 2012/11/18 20:34:44
    tdterry1999
    +2
    At wqhat point does there money become yours?At what point does your money become mine?
  • dominic garcia 2012/11/18 17:34:43
    dominic garcia
    +2
    America's demise will be Obama's legacy, just sit and watch. I don't think blaming Bush is going to help him anymore.
  • The Ele... dominic... 2012/11/18 18:33:08
    The Electrician
    What demise ?
  • dominic... The Ele... 2012/11/18 18:37:33
    dominic garcia
    +2
    Economical collapse, Obama's lavish spending the first four years has thrown us into the pit. Does anyone really believe he is going to pay into the deficit?
  • The Ele... dominic... 2012/11/18 18:47:52
    The Electrician
    Give it the Phuck up. The last administration created this mess. It would have been worse if it hadn't have been for Obama. As I've said before, you know absolutely nothing. Are you suffering from A.D.D. ?
  • Sweet-N... The Ele... 2012/11/18 19:42:57
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +2
    Correction: The Democrat controlled Congress during the last Administration created this mess and that very same Congress dug us even deeper into oblivion during the first two years of the Odumbass term. The President is not the be-all-end-all in the Government, in other words, not king. He can accept or veto legislation. O likes to use Executive Order which he abuses mercilessly to override the will of the people. If Bush's ideas were so bad, why didn't the Dem Congress stop him? He should have used his veto power more which was his biggest mistake, but unlike O, he actually tried to work with the other side and look what that got him. All the blame from cretins like you. You people are ridiculous. You cry and whine that the Republican House keeps stopping Obumbler, while he just overrides everything, then you simultaneously blame Bush for everything pretending that the Dem Congress had nothing to do with it. You can't have it both ways. It's either the Congress or the President or a combination but it can't be different in each situation to suit your bias. Can't your Messiah overcome the things that "stupid" Bush did? ROFL!! I thought he was going to turn everything around in three years, what happened?? I would hate to have to worship a moron that I have to keep making excu...
    Correction: The Democrat controlled Congress during the last Administration created this mess and that very same Congress dug us even deeper into oblivion during the first two years of the Odumbass term. The President is not the be-all-end-all in the Government, in other words, not king. He can accept or veto legislation. O likes to use Executive Order which he abuses mercilessly to override the will of the people. If Bush's ideas were so bad, why didn't the Dem Congress stop him? He should have used his veto power more which was his biggest mistake, but unlike O, he actually tried to work with the other side and look what that got him. All the blame from cretins like you. You people are ridiculous. You cry and whine that the Republican House keeps stopping Obumbler, while he just overrides everything, then you simultaneously blame Bush for everything pretending that the Dem Congress had nothing to do with it. You can't have it both ways. It's either the Congress or the President or a combination but it can't be different in each situation to suit your bias. Can't your Messiah overcome the things that "stupid" Bush did? ROFL!! I thought he was going to turn everything around in three years, what happened?? I would hate to have to worship a moron that I have to keep making excuses for. Furthermore, why do you idiots think that all of us Conservatives thought Bush was so great? He was okay, but I know a lot of us would have liked someone different. Most Conservatives I know don't like or agree with everything he did, but at least he wasn't trying to have Government completely take over our lives and livelihoods, spiraling into a Progressive dis-topian hell. That's okay though, keep slurping up that spooge, before you know it we as a country will collapse and even though we will all be miserable, at least we Conservatives will have something to laugh at while you Progs stand there with your hands out for entitlements that will not come.
    Oh, and by the way, how do you know it would have been worse without Odummy? Did you consult your Magic 8 Ball?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • dominic... Sweet-N... 2012/11/18 19:55:03
    dominic garcia
    Great answer and so true. Thank you very much Sweet N. You know how Obama brags so much, about killing Bin Laden, well he fails to report the downside of it. Obama has killed thousands of innocent bystanders, including children. That is their dirty little secret that needs to be exposed, please spread this video, so more of the crazy liberals will see that side of Obama, that has been hidden, so meticulously. Dennis Kucinich.... a well know liberal Democrat is going after Obama and is to be commended! http://www.dailypaul.com/2633...
  • The Ele... Sweet-N... 2012/11/19 01:03:57
    The Electrician
    They had two years to fix the previous eight years and the country was in NO way capable of fixing anything with the Republican obstructionism. It take six to eight years to recover from a normal recession and that in the good times. This economic disaster was the worst since the Great Depression. I'm tired of hearing that lame excuse.
  • GeorgeA... The Ele... 2012/11/19 09:53:14
    GeorgeAMartini
    +1
    The Democrats had a virtual lock on both the House and Senate the first two years of Obama's 1st term. They chose to do nothing about the economy. Instead they focused on green energy, "health care reform", taking over GM & Chrysler and creating mountains of regulations. How exactly did that help the economy? In fact most recessions are far better after two years than we are four years out now, precisely because of Obama's complete lack of economic understanding. Same thing with the Great Depression. If not for FDR's socialist meddling, we would have been out of it far sooner.
  • dominic... GeorgeA... 2012/11/19 18:18:59
    dominic garcia
    Nicely said!!!!! :o)
  • tdterry... The Ele... 2012/11/19 11:39:00
    tdterry1999
    Talk about lame excuses.
  • dominic... The Ele... 2012/11/18 19:46:16
    dominic garcia
    +2
    You need to read this book, it is called "The Liberal Mind." You will probably understand yourself better and it might also help you with your ANGER PROBLEM.
  • Souther... The Ele... 2012/11/18 19:55:39
    Southern Man
    +2
    The last administration created this mess. .... That would be 0bama his was the last adm.
  • dominic... Souther... 2012/11/18 19:57:40
    dominic garcia
    +1
    LOL.....LOL.....;o)
  • tdterry... The Ele... 2012/11/18 20:36:33
    tdterry1999
    +1
    Are you saying ,no you couldn't be ,but I think you are THAT OBAMA HAS ADDED NOTHING TO THE DEBT.
  • The Ele... tdterry... 2012/11/19 01:09:50
    The Electrician
    If we were in debt in the first place and have NO cash flow, what did you expect ? The debt is also increased by .40 on the dollar being paid for interest. Another bar-room economist. You people know absolutely NOTHING about economics.
  • Leprach... dominic... 2012/11/19 18:14:36
    Leprachaun999
    might help if you took some responsibility for what Bush did do.
  • dominic... Leprach... 2012/11/19 18:20:50
    dominic garcia
    What Bush did was take over the problems Clinton and his administration created!
  • Leprach... dominic... 2012/11/19 18:22:16
    Leprachaun999
    How so?
    mirror
  • tdterry1999 2012/11/18 17:04:44
    tdterry1999
    +5
    I like Papa John's ,I ordered two last night.
  • John Hall 2012/11/18 17:03:55
    John Hall
    +2
    The left's solution is always wrong and on this one again there wrong . Yes boycott a buisness and when they fold all employees lose there jobs and go on food stamps and the goverment titty . Wait a miniute thats what the left wants for everyone to be dependent on the goverment .

2014/07/31 01:20:34