KKK Denied by DOT to Adopt Highway: Agree?

Fef 2012/06/12 22:05:35
Georgia has rejected an application from the Ku Klux Klan to adopt a one-mile stretch of highway in North Georgia, setting up a likely legal battle over whether the white supremacist group can receive state recognition to clean up litter.

setting legal battle white supremacist group receive recognition clean litter

Read More: http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections...

Disagree
    +9
    If they go out and pick up trash they have as much right as any other group.

• meme14 Dagon 2012/06/13 00:39:15 (edited)
    meme14
    +1
    They have killed people simply because they were black - for no other reason. That is what that group represents - hate. The Nazi party, KKK, Kid Porn group, Bestiality is Us Unlimited Group, The Bloods, Whatever..they are criminal...if they exist at the detriment of another..I still say no...we do have to draw the line..just my opinion - there is freedom of speech..but, still I can't run into a college classroom and yell and disrupt without reprecussions...my rights do not supercede another persons.. I respectfully disagree
  • Dagon meme14 2012/06/13 00:41:52
  • 3052457 Dagon 2012/06/13 02:30:40
  • Lydecho... Dagon 2012/06/13 00:10:57
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    +3
    I just know that they burned down the homes of African Americans in the forties/thirties and even into the sixties. How can anyone support them at all?
  • meme14 Lydecho... 2012/06/13 00:24:05
    meme14
    they lynched and killed people too
  • Lydecho... meme14 2012/06/13 23:17:44
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    +1
    They did, I know
  • meme14 Lydecho... 2012/06/13 23:22:46
    meme14
    +1
    How horrible that must have been - and people actually enjoyed doing it...hard to believe
  • Dagon Lydecho... 2012/06/13 00:30:14
  • Resp Lydecho... 2012/06/13 06:07:02
    Resp
    +1
    You are talking gibberish. We don't know if this branch ever did anything illegal. Stop watching T.V. because you are stuck in the "Matrix".
  • Lydecho... Resp 2012/06/13 23:20:14
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    Hey... The only TV I watch is anime. Reading is more fun. If I get anything wrong, it's probably because I'm not from America so I don't know as much about it's history. But I'm still fairly certain that the KKK was a racist organization. You're saying that you support it?
  • Fef 2012/06/12 22:56:09
    Agree
    Fef
    +4
    However, I would allow the KKK to clean up the highway under a few conditions...
    1) The Klan has clean the highway wearing their white sheets, but without hoods so the public can know their identities; and
    2) Equip a few dozen blacks with whips and shotguns and have them watch over the Klan as they clean.
  • 3052457 Fef 2012/06/13 02:33:26
  • Chukroast 2012/06/12 22:55:17
    Disagree
    Chukroast
    +1
    Does it really matter?
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/06/12 22:51:02
    Disagree
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    Are there any other racist groups of any ethnicity that were approved? Any questionable groups? Can they provide a valid reason not to grant it? Like it or not they have civil rights too.
  • evangelism_vision 2012/06/12 22:47:16
    Agree
    evangelism_vision
    +2
    As a Christian and an American I may not agree with the KKK.... Matter of Fact I Don't! at all!!!!

HOWEVER, Under the Constitution they have that right and I will defend their right as well as defend the right of Atheist to be fools which the bible calls them. They also have a right under the Constitution.

We can disagree but if we refuse to allow them to their rights then who will stand up for our own rights? NOT THE DEMOCRATS who by the way use to have a Senator who was KKK.... MMMMnnn Something wrong with that.... anyway.....

They should and hope that they save the City or County Money or should i say the Tax Payers
  • maybeim... evangel... 2012/06/12 23:29:16 (edited)
    maybeimalion
    +1
    So you don't agree with the kkk and then foolow that up by discriminating against atheists by calling us all fools?... see the hypocrisy there? theres nothing foolish about not in believing something of which there is no proof... that is what is known as common sense! Do you also believe in the tooth fairy? Im guessing you dont as there is no proof the tooth fairy exists... does not believing in the tooth fairy make you a fool? are you getting my point here? I'm not condemning your beliefs, Im simply saying you have no right to call atheists fools... i'd suggest an apology is in order
  • Horace maybeim... 2012/06/12 23:47:07
    Horace
    One person calls the other a fool, the other says the first one has no common sense and the wheel keeps on turning.
  • maybeim... Horace 2012/06/13 00:13:40 (edited)
    maybeimalion
    read my comment again... where does it say that you have no common sense?
    And if you do have any.. you'll stop the wheel turning by apologising for your needless insult or by just keeping your mouth shut in future.
  • evangel... maybeim... 2012/06/13 00:24:01 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    The BIBLE SAID THAT " THE FOOL HAS SAID IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD" Have a problem with that? Take it up with God because He said it.

Here let me show you:

fool

FAITH

ANY QUESTIONS? ASK GOD..... Oh that's right you don't believe in God

anyway the subject was Rights I WILL STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHT TO BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT Because You have those Constitutional rights as well as we Christians have a right to Worship God but thousands of Atheist all over this Country seem to think that they have the right to tell us we can't Pray or we can't have a Cross here or there on this or that Hill.

WELL GUESS WHAT! WE OBEY GOD OVER THE WILL OF THE GOVERNMENT AND OVER THE WILL OF ATHEIST?

THANK YOU! BY THE WAY I STILL WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS
  • maybeim... evangel... 2012/06/13 00:26:36
    maybeimalion
    and that gives you th right to judge does it?
  • evangel... maybeim... 2012/06/13 00:33:45 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    IT IS CLEAR YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BIBLE........ So If I throw out a Bible verse to you you ....Ya there is a verse about that too!

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

Matthew 7:6

The latter part of the verse fears me not. I still stand up for your rights.

Remember...... YOU ASKED ME AND I RESPONDED
  • maybeim... evangel... 2012/06/13 00:50:40
    maybeimalion
    remember you offended me without reason and i did not insult you or offend your beliefs in retort, i simply asked for an apology... one which you still seem incapable of giving, it is also clear that you have not read the bible, if you had you would have read one of the many passages stating that only god has the right to judge man, and you therefore shouldn't be making judgements..
  • evangel... maybeim... 2012/06/13 01:01:53
    evangelism_vision
    I did not offend you but the Bible says:

"THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS TO THEM THAT PERISH."

I did not offend you..... The Bible Convicted you simple as that
  • maybeim... evangel... 2012/06/13 01:06:56
    maybeimalion
    and you think its ok to discriminate because the bible says so? thats quite some moral code you have - the bible also says slavery is ok!
  • evangel... maybeim... 2012/06/13 01:36:29 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    i deleted the extra one
  • maybeim... evangel... 2012/06/13 01:52:53
    maybeimalion
    Because children also believe in santa and the tooth fairy!
  • evangel... maybeim... 2012/06/13 01:41:24 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    YOU SHOULD WATCH WHAT YOU SAY YOU SPEAK FOOLISHNESS
    I NEVER DID THAT
    Your just mad because the Holy Spirit convicts you and you lash out at me but you do not attack me because Jesus said if they attack you they do so because they hate me.

don't bother replying i will not respond back. SIMPLE AS THAT
  • maybeim... evangel... 2012/06/13 01:56:55
    maybeimalion
    saying something, and then saying you never said it.. getting logic from you is like trying to get blood out of a stone... I give up - you are clinically insane..
    house
  • evangel... maybeim... 2012/06/13 01:03:54
    evangelism_vision
    You see I post and my post disappears so don't ask me any further questions if you don't plan on leaving MY RESPONSE FOR OTHERS TO READ.
    SIMPLE AS THAT TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
  • Chris- ... evangel... 2012/06/12 23:34:41
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    As one of those atheist fools I couldn't agree more. Well said.
  • evangel... Chris- ... 2012/06/13 00:36:05
    evangelism_vision
    Thank you.
  • evangel... evangel... 2012/06/13 03:17:48
  • evangel... evangel... 2012/06/13 03:20:05 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    FAITH

KEEP DELETING IT AND I WILL KEEP POSTING IT HERE OR SOMEWHERE ELES
    SIMPLE AS THAT!
  • DoxieDad 2012/06/12 22:47:10
  • YouSirName 2012/06/12 22:40:47
    Disagree
    YouSirName
    +5
    With a caveat that I think "adopt a highway" programs are a stupid way to raise money and the government should get out of this business for this exact reason. It provides name visibility to anyone willing to pay. If you are going to do that, you can't discriminate unless the group is illegal. Since the KKK isn't illegal, you can't deny them the right to get their name promoted. Nor could the government deny Westboro Baptist Church, Nation of Islam, Underground Skinhead Action, Women for Aryan Unity, or the New Black Panther Party.

Taxes are the appropriate mechanism to pay for highway upkeep. People need to get over this idea that they can have societal advantages and not pay for them.
  • firebird 2012/06/12 22:36:56 (edited)
    Disagree
    firebird
    +4
    DON'T know why they would be denied to Adopt a Highway ! They are voters and taxpayers the same as anyone else...

NO, I am not for the KKK in any form or fashion but they still have the same rights as any other questionable organizations !!! They can get out and CLEAN UP THE HIGHWAYS just as good as anyone else can... So let them do it !

All you grand people that are pointing fingers need to remember that they KKK support the government with their government contributions too... Look at the Black Panthers, Hispanic Communist, American hating Muslims, and so on....... why should they have any rights either??? While were at it then lets just kick off all the blacks that hate whites and the Hispanics that hate Americans that are riding on the WELFARE system ! Lets get rid of all the Muslims ! They shouldn't have any rights either so they don't need to draw off the backs of the taxpayers...... Can you see the way it could be all heading here...........................
  • Metaldane 2012/06/12 22:36:21
    Agree
    Metaldane
    +1
    They're the KKK if you don't like it I honestly don't give a crap if it was up to me they'd all be lined up an shot same goes for neo nazis funny cuz usually I'm a pacifist.
  • Starman 2012/06/12 22:34:52
    Agree
    Starman
    We may not be able to stop them from meeting, or even speaking out in hate, but we should not have to spend government funds to put up a sign thanking them for "adopting" a section of highway.
  • psychobabe 2012/06/12 22:32:30
    Disagree
    psychobabe
    +3
    If the Westboro Baptist Church is free to exercise their rights to protest funerals...why can't the KKK adopt a highway? Can't have one without the other.
  • patriot88000 2012/06/12 22:30:36
    Disagree
    patriot88000
    +2
    If the State or Federal Government can recognize Gay groups,Womens groups, mens groups, Latino groups, or Black Panther organizations, then they must also accept the KKK in the same catagory as Gay or Black Panthers groups and provide them the same recognition as such, failure to do so would be discriminatory in nature.

2014/08/21 23:57:39