Kids Make The Bus Monitor Cry. Karen Huff Klein Bullying Video: Upsetting Footage Causes Community Outrage (VIDEO) (UPDATE)

Deborah 2012/06/21 10:52:03

Karen Huff Klein, a bus monitor for the Greece School District in Greece, N.Y., is receiving an outpouring of support after a ten-minute video of her enduring vicious bullying while watching over students on a bus ride home was uploaded to YouTube.

WARNING: The above video contains explicit language and may be upsetting.

After the footage surfaced, Reddit user razorsheldon posted a call to arms in support of the school official who was brought to tears by the group of children.

From Reddit:

Now, as awful as this was, there was a silver lining in not only the universal condemnation of the actions of these kids, but also in a call for support for this poor woman. Her name is Karen Klein, and if you are so compelled, please feel free to reach out to offer support. She has been a widow for 17 years, has lived in the same town she grew up in and is about to have her 50th high school reunion in the same school district, and deserves so much better than the actions shown by those in this video. Let's show her that there are still good people out there...

In the disturbing video, the children can be heard yelling at Klein, calling her an "ugly fat ass" and telling the widow, "you don't have a family because they all killed themselves because they don't want to be near you."

Now, under pressure from the local community, the Greece School District and Greece Police Department are launching investigations into the incident, telling WHEC-TV that the children involved will "face disciplinary action."

The Reddit call to arms has generated many comments showing support, including one that summarized a local radio show's admiration at Klein's lack of response. Thecall to arms also included an email address

in case users wanted to reach out to Klein.WARNING: The above video contains explicit language and may be upsetting.

From Reddit:

• Jerry 2012/06/22 07:50:58
    Jerry
    +1
    ............ I saw that on the major news networks today..........pretty sad, bullies on senior citizens..........
  • Knight Of Blood 2012/06/21 20:27:25
    Knight Of Blood
    +1
    my faith in humanity has been killed once again. shes just an old woman minding her own business, so why cant they just leave her alone? my gosh...
  • Deborah Knight ... 2012/06/21 22:15:42
    Deborah
    Isn't that the most awful thing?
  • Knight ... Deborah 2012/06/21 22:25:53
    Knight Of Blood
    +1
    yes! i have so much sympathy for that poor old lady and for those that have to be around people like those kids every day. i hope for their sake they will realize what they've done and make things right.
  • Deborah Knight ... 2012/06/21 22:26:52
    Deborah
    It is unfortunate, but children can be very cruel.
  • Wyveryx 2012/06/21 19:49:17
    Wyveryx
    +1
    This is a totally sad event. To see young children behave in this fashion is beyond absurd and even past ludicrous.
    What's even more stupid is the fact that neither the bus driver nor her were endowed with the authority to do little more than sit there and take this.

However, what really has my blood boiling is the fact that the outrage over this has spread to the children's family and their personal information is now public and it's generating a surreal amount of hate towards them. Yet, no one seems to take real notice of this fact aside from a small note about it.
    When will people learn that two wrongs don't make a right, and bullying in the name of justice is still bullying.
  • Deborah Wyveryx 2012/06/21 22:16:51
    Deborah
    True
  • wtxwoman 2012/06/21 18:55:48
    wtxwoman
    +2
    I must be missing something here. The kids were ugly, extremely ugly, but the woman was ineffective and shouldn't have let it get to her. I don't know what the rules are for bus monitors, but she could have shut them down at the beginning. I think it is showing a lot of support to send her on a vacation, but $200,000? And, death threats to the families? That is total overeaction! That's like trying to teach someone not to hit by beating them up. It doesn't work. The punishment should fit the crime. The boys should be made to go to a rest home and clean up after the residents, read to them, or help them in some way.
  • Deborah wtxwoman 2012/06/21 22:18:05
    Deborah
    +1
    Absolutely
  • aherbert 2012/06/21 18:34:08
    aherbert
    +1
    Those kids need their a$$ spanked ... the parents are to blame though. If my children particpated in something like that I would have ....

knocked them out
  • Deborah aherbert 2012/06/21 22:18:28
    Deborah
    +1
    I totally agree
  • Nikki 2012/06/21 18:16:50
    Nikki
    +1
    how sad... i wrote to her on facebook and i felt so sorry for her......
  • Deborah Nikki 2012/06/21 22:18:47
    Deborah
    Good for you
  • unclepat 2012/06/21 17:52:43
    unclepat
    +1
    Wowwwwww. They definitely don't pay these people enough. Here is a woman that has probably raised kids and maybe even grand children and she has to put up with this nonsense from some GD strangers?? I have a friend that drives the school bus people and let me tell you, what you're watching is the damn near DAILY abuse these people HAVE to take from possibly YOUR so called little darlings. It's terrible but if they respond in kind, one of those little smartphone carrying bastards will have her up on charges in no time at all. If your kids ride the bus people make sure that they conduct themselves in a good manner because now you can see that they aren't always innocent.
  • Deborah unclepat 2012/06/21 22:19:53
    Deborah
    +1
    That's the truth
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/06/21 16:03:36
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    and I've had a school principle tell me that children don't lie, they are innocent...I looked at him and said "You've never taught before have you?" This was in Norfolk, Va. I was right, he had never taught before. He was in his second year of being a principle fresh out of college....he was fired for being an ineffective administrator just weeks later. He alienated the teaching staff in record time because he didn't support teachers against bogus claims of students being harrassed...the students knew he was weak and quickly took advantage claiming all kinds of abuses. The next principle took charge and gave a speech about there being a new sheriff in town....and there was.
  • Deborah Bob, th... 2012/06/21 22:21:13
    Deborah
    +1
    Well it looks like the school district made the right decision.
  • Chaoskingsxz 2012/06/21 15:30:43
    Chaoskingsxz
    +2
    I saw this on youtube... people of the internet want revenge on those kids for doing this...
  • Deborah Chaoski... 2012/06/21 22:23:10
    Deborah
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but the parents and the children should publicly apologize and have some sort of community service punishment applied.
  • Chaoski... Deborah 2012/06/21 22:53:45
    Chaoskingsxz
    yeah that is very true ... hopefully things do not become out of control...
  • Flamingolady 2012/06/21 13:23:10
    Flamingolady
    +2
    I could not watch but 40 seconds of this.
  • Deborah Flaming... 2012/06/21 22:23:25
    Deborah
    It is really awful.
  • Deborah Sister ... 2012/06/21 22:23:41
    Deborah
    It truly is.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/21 11:16:53
    HarleyCharley
    +2
    cruel...
  • Deborah HarleyC... 2012/06/21 11:32:16
    Deborah
    +2
    It's scary when children are this mean.
  • Deborah 2012/06/21 10:52:40
    Deborah
    +2
    This is absolutely awful.

2014/04/23 13:49:38