Kids: do you think parents choose a favorite child? Parents: do you HONESTLY have a favorite child?

kerriiiiiii 2010/01/24 02:24:45
i am a parent and...
i am a child and...
other

• BriArmenta1 2013/06/15 22:35:53
    i am a child and...
    BriArmenta1
    I live in a household with three children. I am the middle child and I have an older brother and an younger sister. My siblings and myself all excel at sports, but my parents still have a favorite. They are absolutely in love with my younger sister. Even though I get the best grades, excel in sports, and help out the most around the house I am still the least favorite. My mom isn't the nicest person and that tends to rub off on me and put me in a bad mood, in which I snap at my sister sometimes.(It also doesn't help that my little sister always says she wishes I was dead)I always get yelled at for it even though my mom snaps at me all the time and even worse. This gets me really mad sometimes and are sometimes tempted to do bad things to myself because I don't feel good enough for my Mom. My Dad doesn't show the favoritism as much but its still there.
  • stacey affolder 2012/10/18 23:48:21
    i am a child and...
    stacey affolder
    my parents take my brothers side cause he is a artist and my parents yell at me whenever he does something i couldent go to homecoming because that boy . . help me someone
  • bob sesau 2012/03/29 03:07:51
    i am a child and...
    bob sesau
    People you need to be saved from your sins so you don't go to hell ask god for forgiveness of your sins (sin are all the things youve do bad )
  • bob sesau bob sesau 2012/03/29 03:09:12
    bob sesau
    +3
    Same person pray to god mean what you say ths is important
  • bob sesau bob sesau 2012/03/29 03:12:18 (edited)
    bob sesau
    +1
    Same person I'm loved by god maybe not my mom or dad but by god
  • bob sesau bob sesau 2012/04/01 18:46:29 (edited)
    bob sesau
    Parents don't try to hurt you most of them
    don't even know their hurting you but maybe they need that extra love like a 16 year old who's starting to make plans for their lives but need help so you give them support too bye I hope you understand this bye
  • Shannelle Morrison 2012/01/26 17:12:30
    i am a child and...
    Shannelle Morrison
  • HJH 2011/06/15 20:08:12
    i am a child and...
    HJH
    MY FAMILY PLAYS SPORTS ALL THE TIME SO MY PARENTS TEND TO PICK MY BROTHER WHOS IN THE MIDDLE BECAUSE HE IS REALLY GOOD AT SPORTS. I WANT TO DO DANCE BUT MY PARENTS SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON MY BROTHER OR THIER SO BUSY WITH MY BROTHER THEY CANT. MY DAD IS THE ONE WHO CHOOSES FAVORITES MORE. HE CALLS MY BROTHER HOLT FERDETTE. AND LETS MY BROTHER DO WHATEVER HE WANTS WHENEVER HE WANTS. AND MAKES ME DO MORE CHORES AND MY DAD ALWAYS CALLS ME CLYDE OR CALLS ME LAZY AND SAYS I NEVER DO ANYTHING BUT GET ON THE COMPUTER BUT I GUESS HE WAS JUST BORN THAT WAY. MY MOM IS REALLY NICE THOUGH AND MY BROTHER IS REALLY MEAN TO HER IT'S PROBABLY THE WAY THAT HE GETS TREATED THAT MAKES HIM A BRAT. BUT LIKE I SIAD IM USED TO IT:)
  • meghan 2011/02/05 05:08:09
    i am a parent and...
    meghan
    Ok well I meant to click "i am a child and..." but I got confused haha. Anyway, I'm a child and I have a feeling that my mom likes me better. She calls me "her baby" and I'm the youngest so my sister is off in college and I'm still with her. She definitely loves us both, though. As for my dad, I think his favorite is my 4 year old half-sister, just because she's so cute but I don't know. :)
  • chrissie 2010/08/30 17:35:55
    i am a child and...
    chrissie
    +2
    I have different types of relationship with my two boys as they are individual people with distinctive individual personalities. At different times I may get on better with one of my teenagers than the other but i could NEVER favour one over the other and I believe parents that do have favourites are dysfuctional in that area, therefore the parent is to blame and not the child.
  • buneter 2010/08/06 01:18:18
    i am a child and...
    buneter
    my parents are alot happier at whatever my sister does then me
  • Shannel... buneter 2012/01/26 17:13:38
  • bob sesau Shannel... 2012/03/29 16:35:33
    bob sesau
    +2
    I know
  • Iamunknowntomany 2010/06/26 02:03:14 (edited)
    i am a child and...
    Iamunknowntomany
    +1
    I think my parents have their favorites. You see my younger sister agrees to lots of things and will do practically anything without second thought. So she is easier to buy things for and entertain. My dad likes things the easy way. She is his favorite.

My older sister doesn't require as much attention. She is really open towards my mom and will tell her anything. She is 18, so my mom can take her to lots of places she can't with me. She is my mom's favorite.

Me... I am the middle child.I am not as dense as my other sisters, I am more focused and actually listen carefully to everything the person has to say. I realize lots of things that they don't, and I think that makes me more difficult to lie to. I am not very open towards others. It usually takes many years for me to talk to someone with ease. I am emotional, but I don't show it because I don't trust them enough to see me when I am weak. I think that my dad likes that. But my mom is used to talking with my open sister who tells her everything. I am independent. And I think my parents want to be needed. I think that is why they don't favorite me. But I am not sure. When I ask my mom she says she has no Favorites. But when she refers to my sisters and I she says "Janie and the girls". My dad just gets mad at me and yells at ...

Me... I am the middle child.I am not as dense as my other sisters, I am more focused and actually listen carefully to everything the person has to say. I realize lots of things that they don't, and I think that makes me more difficult to lie to. I am not very open towards others. It usually takes many years for me to talk to someone with ease. I am emotional, but I don't show it because I don't trust them enough to see me when I am weak. I think that my dad likes that. But my mom is used to talking with my open sister who tells her everything. I am independent. And I think my parents want to be needed. I think that is why they don't favorite me. But I am not sure. When I ask my mom she says she has no Favorites. But when she refers to my sisters and I she says "Janie and the girls". My dad just gets mad at me and yells at me when I ask him if he has any favorites. But in the passwords and emails, both parents used the name of their favorite child. Not me. My parents will go out to restaurants and not tell me taking only the child that I think is their favorite. I also think it may be because of my attitude though. Well I didn't spend much of my childhood with my parents. I was always at my Grandma's house. They would just leave me there. But I liked it cause it was in the country, where it was calm and there weren't too many people. My parents eventually divorced, and when they did I was able to move out into the country, but my attitude changed completely. I was practically a stray dog XD. My dad was with his friends. My mom and l sisters lived without me in the city. I was at my uncles with my dad. But since I wasn't really watched over I ran around like a dog. I would come home only to eat, drink, sleep, and use the bathroom. But now I live with my dad and little sister. I am usually alone in my room. But I go on walks with my cousin so I can stay in shape.
  • meghan Iamunkn... 2011/02/05 05:09:18
    meghan
    +4
    nobody actually read all of that novel, just saying (:
  • bob sesau meghan 2012/03/30 02:46:31
  • idk 2010/06/07 22:02:46
    i am a child and...
    idk
    +4
    i am a child and yes
  • ~Kat 2010/05/29 17:36:02
    i am a child and...
    ~Kat
    +3
    I think that parents do pick a favorite. I think i might be my mothers favorite but my father favors my sister. We will be out to dinner and he will get something unique off the menu immdeiatley he will turn to my sister and tell her she needs to try some. I do all the chores my sister barley cleans her room. She doesnt have to clean our bathroom even when my sister gets sick and throws up all over the place i have to clean it up. Its crazy I have to help her with her homework and get yelled at if I dont practice softball with her. Im a kid to I have my own homework and things I need to do. My dad really should help her with her stuff and be the parent im sick and tired of not living up to the very high expectations that have been sent. I wish my parents hadnt picked a favorite. Sorry to ramble on but one more story i would like to share so my family had gone to a baseball game through my sisters school all of her friends were there and my best friend was there and i wasnt allowed to go talk to her unless i brought my sister. Why couldnt she go talk to her friends im sick and tired of having to arrange my life around hers all the time. I love my family dont get me wrong but im a little fed up at this moment. I wish they could see it from my point of view.
  • idk ~Kat 2010/06/07 22:06:00
    idk
    +7
    my dad picked my bro as his favorite..if i ask for money the answers no but if my bro does he gets it...i get good grades my bro doesnt and he gets to go out more than me its really unfair
  • ~Kat idk 2011/07/11 04:49:09
    ~Kat
    Our parents really need to calm down and see the favoring and stop it. It's very annoying.
  • bob oup idk 2012/03/21 02:30:35
    bob oup
    +3
    I know my dad does the same thing he says no for me to get a Pepsi but my bro gets one it makes me so mad so just get revenge
  • Absynthe, Lady of Snakes 2010/02/18 01:58:48
    i am a child and...
    Absynthe, Lady of Snakes
    +2
    Well I'm the least favorite of all of us...I hate it and I'm really sick of taking blame and shit for my siblings flaws. Pisses me off how I try and be nice and do chores and I'm still least. Just because of the way I am. Sorry just really have had it with favoritism.
  • kerriii... Absynth... 2010/02/26 19:58:34
    kerriiiiiii
    +2
    aww im sorry=[
  • Shannel... Absynth... 2012/01/26 17:16:23
    Shannelle Morrison
    +2
    Same! Sometimes I think about and cannot actually help crying my two older sisters are so RUDE to my parents and i'm not they have bad grades and I dont and they never help and I do!
  • Absynth... Shannel... 2012/03/22 21:11:50
    Absynthe, Lady of Snakes
    Seems like we are a similar situation, but we should just make the best of it.
  • bob oup Absynth... 2012/03/21 02:32:16
    bob oup
    +2
    I don't like your cuss word but I see your point your right your not the only one
  • Thomas 2010/01/30 06:52:18
    other
    Thomas
    +2
    Parents always choose a favorite child. In Nature as well as Humanity, there is always one kid who gets more attention. In the Christian and Islamic realms, the First Born Son usually inherits most of the family money/property. In Assyrian culture, it was the son who proved his intellect. Education was very important in the ancient world.

Most firstborns in America are the most important. If they mess up, however, there is a fallback to the Second. All the rest of the families are surplus.
  • Aly 2010/01/27 23:34:46
    i am a child and...
    Aly
    My parents' favorite is my little sister. She's actually what they wanted, not some socially retarded ugly girl like my older sister or a crazy lesbian with 'no morals' like me. (Don't get me wrong, I love my older sister and I love myself. This is just how my parents see us.)
  • memebev1 2010/01/26 14:26:12
    i am a parent and...
    memebev1
    I tell each child they are my favorite. And they are!!!
  • Ginny memebev1 2012/02/26 08:19:28
    Ginny
    That is such a parent answer. Everyone has a favorite everything.
  • memebev1 Ginny 2012/02/28 01:08:16
    memebev1
    Not when it comes to one of your children. I had one of each and they had their own special ways. Some good and some bad but nothing that made either the favorite
  • bob sesau Ginny 2012/03/30 02:49:09
    bob sesau
    Yah
  • Nika 2010/01/25 21:48:24
    i am a child and...
    Nika
    I know my parents pick favorites. My littlest brother and me are my mom's favorites and my sister is my dads favorite.
  • bob sesau Nika 2012/03/30 02:50:26
    bob sesau
    Hi I feel your pain I just hate it
  • bestbuddie_15 2010/01/25 19:41:55
    other
    bestbuddie_15
    I don't know
  • Ginny bestbud... 2012/02/26 08:20:18
    Ginny
    Then why reply to the question?
  • wombat 2010/01/25 18:18:05
    i am a parent and...
    wombat
    .. have only one child and it is my little minime. I think a child has preferences too.
  • z-Madness-z 2010/01/25 09:05:19
    i am a child and...
    z-Madness-z
    Yeah. My mom says I'm her favorite, but that's because my siblings are 10+ years older and 10+ miles away and I'm the only one living with her. Her love must go somewhere. And she doesn't make it obvious that I'm her favorite.

But my friend, sadly, isn't the favorite. Her mother doesn't even bother trying to socialize with her. Her older sister has gone off to collage and suddenly her parents decide to move to Florida without any consideration for my friend. It angers me that I'm so powerless. I like my friend even though she doesn't like me as much as I think she does, but I can't stand someone being stripped of their voice to speak out against something.
  • BananaGosip~pureawesomeness... 2010/01/25 08:02:31
    i am a child and...
    BananaGosip~pureawesomeness~808
    my parents love our brother. It's never his fault.....EVER!
  • PanicSwitch 2010/01/25 01:20:53 (edited)
    i am a child and...
    PanicSwitch
    At times, it seems like they choose favorites. At times it doesn't. But it seems whenever I get in an argument with my older brother, they always choose his side. He's 23 and I'm 16. Why don't I win?

2014/10/23 01:57:18