Kelly Clarkson Slims Down: For Better or Worse?

Kelly Clarkson has been battling her weight -- or the media has been buzzing about it -- pretty much since she was crowned the first American Idol back in 2002. But the 30-year-old singer looked slimmer (and hotter) than ever when she performed "Dark Side" at Sunday night's Billboard Music Awards, wearing a revealing hot-pink cutout gown (pictured on the right hand side of the photo below.)

Professionally, Clarkson will next be seen on Thursday's premiere of the new singing competition show "Duets," along with co-stars Robin Thicke, Jennifer Nettles and Lionel Richie. Personally, she has a steady boyfriend, 35-year-old talent manager Brandon Blackstock, which is affecting her songwriting (and not necessarily in a good way).

"It is killing me," Clarkson told People. "I'm trying to write a tough song and it is coming out like butterflies and rainbows. It is ruining my creativity. I'm writing all this happy [stuff]." But while Clarkson is looking sexier than ever, don't expect to see her teetering around in Christian Louboutins. "I don’t want to wear no stiletto," she said. "I am not a model and I am not Beyoncé. It is not going to happen."

• Valerie© 2012/05/22 23:36:18
    Worse!
    Valerie©
    +6
    It's probably just the picture, but I don't see any difference. But she does look a lot better in the picture on the right. If she did lose weight, good for her.

• TimothyBrianFoley 2012/05/22 20:36:58
    Better!
    TimothyBrianFoley
    +1
    as long as she is stronger nobody seems to mind
  • bienvenu.Mole 2012/05/22 20:34:42
    Better!
    bienvenu.Mole
    +1
    Has been batting.
  • TasselLady 2012/05/22 20:30:54
    Better!
    TasselLady
    +2
    I know what it's like to battle weight and it isn't fun at all. And with fibromyalgia and arthritis, it's hard for me now to even exercise and walk like I want to. Some days I'm just too worn out to do anything after work.
  • Shawna TasselLady 2012/05/22 21:43:12
    Shawna
    +1
    Exercise is healthy but you can still lose weight without it. I know tons of people who exercise and don't lose weight, whereas people who eat less but don't exercise always loose weight. Don't let people tell you it's bad if you can't exercise. Not everyone's situation is the same. Be kind to your body. It's really hard that when we get to be this age we cannot eat the same amount of food we used to because our appetites don't really change. I have learned to eat less and it makes a big difference.
  • TasselLady Shawna 2012/05/22 22:07:03
    TasselLady
    +1
    You're right. It's harder as we get older. I have to remind myself of that every now and then!
  • Shawna TasselLady 2012/05/22 22:08:02
    Shawna
    +1
    Be nice to yourself. :)
  • TasselLady Shawna 2012/05/22 22:08:56
    TasselLady
    +1
    I'll try!
  • Shawna TasselLady 2012/05/22 22:09:26
    Shawna
    +1
    Me too.

2014/12/22 04:22:08