Kate Middleton Wears Same Dress Twice in Two Weeks: How Often Do You Recycle Outfits?

She's a practical princess. Kate Middleton (technically Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge) wore the same pink pleated dress twice in 11 days, repeating the $2,000 Emilia Wickstead frock at a luncheon at Windsor Castle on May 18 and a tea party at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday. "I've worn it before, as you all probably know," Kate Middleton told reporters on Tuesday.

The Duchess is winning over fashionistas and ordinary folks alike with her pretty yet practical style. Last July, she wore a green Diane von Furstenberg "Maja" dress to the British Consul-General's residence in Los Angeles, The New York Daily News reports. She repeated the same dress at Zara Phillips' pre-wedding party two weeks later. How often do you repeat outfits?

• Burning Bright Embers 2012/06/01 19:38:11
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Burning Bright Embers
    +13
    At least she is getting some wear out of the dress. Most royals wear an outfit once and never again, after paying large amounts of money for them. That is a flagrant waste of money in my opinion.

• Lew Richards 2012/06/22 15:40:00
    I only wear an outfit once a week, no more
    Lew Richards
    I NEVER CHANGE OUTFITS!! SAVES MY WIFE SOME WORK!
  • ana 2012/06/10 17:39:18
    I rarely repeat outfits
    ana
    i dnt rlly repeat , i take a peace of an outfit i wore the day before and waer it with something new the next day
  • Rachel Searvogel 2012/06/07 09:04:43
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Rachel Searvogel
    +1
    Oh gods, she re-wore a dress. Someone call the poor children in Africa who have only one set of clothes to tell them of the tragedy.
  • BARB 2012/06/06 09:14:07
    BARB
    If the clothes are clean and I am going to another place; I may wear it a second day.
  • Mark Twain 2012/06/06 01:27:59
    I wear the same thing two days in a row
    Mark Twain
    So what, she is sooooo hot, she could wear the same burlap corn seed sack 5 days a week and still have smoke rising off her beautiful A$$.
  • Deirdra 2012/06/05 16:37:34
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Deirdra
    OMG who cares! Maybe she loves this dress cause it's comfy and cute! If she wore it 2 days in a row I wouldn't care! She looks great in everything!
  • ☠megan_massacre☠ 2012/06/05 13:23:15
    I rarely repeat outfits
    ☠megan_massacre☠
    I mean of course I don't like only wear an outfit once or anything, but I try to spread out the time as much as possible. Kate Middleton has money. She can affored to buy a new dress for every occasion. I mean if she wants to repeat, then right on. But I just don;t see why she would want to when she doesn't have to.
  • Edie 2012/06/05 04:48:10
    I wear the same thing multiple times a week
    Edie
    If I looked at good in my outfits at Kate does I could wear them everyday. She has beauty and charm enough to do anything she wants. How nice it would be to have a well dressed, well mannered, and sincere first lady too much to wish for from the administration we now have in the White House. Maybe November.
  • Jenni 2012/06/05 04:29:26
    Jenni
    I don't usually repeat outfits, but I do wear certain items more often.
    Like, I might wear my favorite shirt about once a week, other items once or twice a month. But I usually never repeat an entire outfit.
  • sami 2012/06/05 02:36:00
    sami
    To save on the environment I wear my slacks two to three times to work on one wash ... I get out of them as soon as I get home ... I wear the same jeans or shorts several times before I wash them ... The blouse I wear gets turned wrong side out and used as a towel to dry off after I shower ... That saves on washing towels ... I wear a fresh blouse and underwear plus clean socks ... The bra sometimes can be worn twice ... Out of five work days that makes 2 pairs of slacks worn twice each and one pair of jeans for blue jean Friday ... Six blouses a week and on weekends I wear either jeans when it is cold or jean shorts in the summer ... Keeping the laundry down saves water, soap, and electricity ... I use less soap than the directions call for and I cut the fabric softener sheets in half, plus now I have started using those little balls in the dryer and that should really save in the long run ... I dress simply ... All of my clothes cost me 25 cents to a dollar at yard sales ... I have to save money because my husband has been so sick in the last few years and I just paid for my Mom's funeral, etc. ... Save lots of money when you are young so if you end up having poor health and lose your job, you can still live ...
  • Ava Alexander 2012/06/05 01:41:32
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Ava Alexander
    OMG, why is this such a big deal?????????????????????????...
  • Rob Williams 2012/06/05 01:40:37
    Rob Williams
    It's called a uniform!
  • JS 2012/06/04 23:52:03
    I rarely repeat outfits
    JS
    Good for her! It's an adorable dress and looks amazing on her!
  • Mindi 2012/06/04 23:43:36
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Mindi
    If its to different places, I don't see the problem.
  • nicesteve 2012/06/04 23:36:42
    nicesteve
    Kudos to Her Royal Highness for doing the right and honerable thing and not wearing
    an article of clothing only once and then nonchalently discarding it or sending it to the
    Salvation Army or Goodwill. I'm sure that Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizibeth has the good common sense to do the same herself occasionally. I belive I can recall the Queen
    wearing an occasional outfit more than once.
  • pops 2012/06/04 19:55:08
    I wear the same thing two days in a row
    pops
    I new a girl that had months embrroidered on her underware instead of days.
  • Nate Hubert 2012/06/04 19:34:53
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Nate Hubert
    I change up my shirt, but I usually stick to the same few pairs of pants/shorts.
    Yep.
  • El Prez 2012/06/04 19:30:24
    El Prez
    When I gave a sh]t, I tried to have at least a week pass before wearing the same suit. I have a suspicion you don't care about males in this one. Girls should recycle and make the out fits look fresh. No need to squander a fortune on clothes.
  • Isha Dwesar 2012/06/04 19:11:44
    I wear the same thing two days in a row
    Isha Dwesar
    +1
    I'm not big into fashion and I think that, as long as I look reasonably presentable, its fine. Kate does the right thing, she actually makes celebrities much more accessible
  • koolkat 2012/06/04 17:33:49
    koolkat
    +3
    Some people don't have money to buy 5 million outfits
  • Wutnagkillabeeontheswarm 2012/06/04 17:32:25
    I wear the same thing two days in a row
    Wutnagkillabeeontheswarm
    +3
    This actually makes Kate Middleton look like a normal human being, instead of a spoiled celebrity who throws away clothing after wearing it once. Besides the dress looks good on her, so why bother wearing a different dress. Girls already have so much trouble thinking bout what to wear. At least Kate Middleton is a smart girl when it comes to the right dress for the right occasion
  • Aardfay 2012/06/04 17:14:49
    I wear the same thing two days in a row
    Aardfay
    Who the hell cares. As long as you still look, feel and smell good
  • May 2012/06/04 17:07:23
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    May
    When I was younger and went to work, I rarely repeated outfits for several months. Now that I am older and at home, I don't dress up so it is no longer a big deal. I still have way too many clothes but go for comfort more now and not too interested in style at home. I do still like to dress up when I go out and go overboard, like a 5 year old playing dressup that has a hard time "editing."
  • May May 2012/06/04 17:10:44
    May
    Just dropped down and looked at the pictures. She looks great! The hat and different hair style give it a different look. It is a lovely dress and I think it is about time someone in that family was practical. I think she is showing good character. You go girl!
  • NinjaRebecca 2012/06/04 16:43:40
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    NinjaRebecca
    Who cares if she wears an outfit twice. I consider it stupid to not wear an outfit more than once....who does that?
  • Ms Missy 2012/06/04 16:23:40
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Ms Missy
    or about as often as i get to doing my laundry....i hate wearing dirty clothes.
  • PapaBC 2012/06/04 16:19:25
    PapaBC
    +1
    Under clothes I change daily... Shirts ... Daily.. Pants I wear 2-4 times a week.
    A bath every day keeps the smell away.
  • JustineRulz 2012/06/04 16:15:37
    JustineRulz
    +1
    Since when did it become an international catastrophe to wear the same outfit multiple times . She probably found the dress had uses for multiple occasions.
  • cin 2012/06/04 15:12:02
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    cin
    +2
    because I'm broke and can't afford to buy pretty clothes. T shirts and jeans and converse is basically my wardrobe.
  • Sarah Alexander 2012/06/04 15:04:04
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Sarah Alexander
    I repeat outfits monthly, but not more - I don't really think a public figure should repeat an outfit. Items are fine like if it's a certain shirt or skirt paired differently, but a dress really shouldn't be repeated.
  • darlenedoskas1969 2012/06/04 15:03:45
    I wear the same thing two days in a row
    darlenedoskas1969
    +1
    ... occasionally, anyway...
    why are people getting on her back for NOT SPENDING MORE MONEY?
    shouldn't we be applauding her for being thrifty?
  • Justine... darlene... 2012/06/04 16:18:04
    JustineRulz
    +1
    I agree. This girl makes sense. No pun intended! lol
  • kthulhu 2012/06/04 14:51:30
    kthulhu
    depends on when the t-shirt shows up in my stack of clothes.
  • Mary Ann 2012/06/04 14:51:01
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Mary Ann
    she likes the dress!
  • Sage 2012/06/04 14:43:10
    Sage
    +1
    Thank goodness Kate Middleton is not as wasteful as many celebrities. Good for her and shame on the petty media. They haven't got better things to scrutinize? People are getting pretty sick and tired of the mindless black hole consummerism of the wealthy. Go ahead for a third time Kate!
  • mikeyavelli 2012/06/04 14:41:15
    I rarely repeat outfits
    mikeyavelli
    i lease my clothes. i buy and give away what the new item duplicated. i may get three wears out of a shirt or pant, and suits and ties get refreshed about once a year. why not? i have no obligations that are neglected because of it.
  • Sadisticon 2012/06/04 14:37:32
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Sadisticon
    Although, I have been known to do that multiple times a week - even back to back!
  • PortaPocketGal 2012/06/04 14:32:28
    PortaPocketGal
    +1
    come ON!!...WHO buys an outfit and then just disregards it or throws it out?? that is the height of wastefulness. of COURSE "regular" folks wear things in their closet multiple times. Who is judging? are you kidding?? almost noone has the money to buy a $2000 dress EVER...let alone wear it once and then give it away. This is ridiculous.
  • Roxxi 2012/06/04 13:34:11
    I repeat outfits about every other week
    Roxxi
    +2
    I just buy some basic items in neutral colours and they can easily change and refresh an outfit. You only need less than 10 basic pieces to get you through 2 weeks and you jazz it up with colours accessories or different tops or bottoms. I like this Princess for setting a great example!

2014/11/26 18:41:04