Just trying to think (please try not to be personally offended):

Jack's Pearl 2012/07/09 22:18:00
If God really exists then why doesn't he make himself absolutely known? For instance, why isn't there a Bible from he himself? Seems logical if he created everything. Seems he could create a book from himself.

Please share your beliefs freely. I am not religious (probably obvious), but I just wonder about these things. I want to hear what you think of these questions and thoughts. I am in no way putting down religion or anyone's belief in one.

• Alvin 2012/07/10 00:37:14
    Alvin
    +6
    Pearl, look at it from the point of view of the Deist-Agnostics who founded our country. There is a God who created the universe and set it in motion, But like master watch-maker, once it is running he goes away to do something else. I personally believe we are on our own and thus, we should do everything we can to help and support one another, be honest, be generous, be kind, be loving and be open.

• bettyboop 2012/07/14 13:16:21
    bettyboop
    +2
    IMHO I believe Jesus (God on earth in human form) was too busy teaching people about himself and love to take pen to paper, and we all know he died young. The bible is a history book, written by many men sharing what happened since the beginning of time. There are many life lessons in the bible. But if you wish to know God is real look around you at creation. Think about DNA, do you honestly believe we were created from a blob? The body is so complicated, only God could of made us. I guess God himself has not written a book cause he feels like his handiwork is proof enough. Of course Jack's Pearl this is just my opinion, I do not claim to be any kind of expert or anything. It is what I feel in my heart, I may be wrong, but I think I am right.
  • Jack's ... bettyboop 2012/07/14 17:41:24
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    Thank you so much for sharing your truth on this. I greatly appreciate it and I don't take differing opinions as insult. Not at all. ;)
  • Doc bettyboop 2012/07/14 22:53:26
    Doc
    +2
    I think you are right, too!
  • shaltov72 2012/07/14 00:05:13
    shaltov72
    +1
    JESUS (YESHUA) to even ask a ? if GOD really exists is that your faith is not very strong, which we all go threw some of that, the flesh is weak, sometimes we have to ask GOD (YAHVAH) for wisdom. To know that GOD exists and we as humans faith is weak thats when we get on our knees and realize the evil one is trying to tear down that faith, but we have to use HIS strength, because if we think we can strong then we are weak, this is that time to seek, get close. Faith is not seeing, faith is trust, There is alot of visuals, did YESHUA die on the CROSS, did HE raise on the 3rd day, can you see that? Can you see that in the book of Revelation Chap 12 verse 1 that has happened or Israel became a nation in 1948, and is sorrounded by enemies GOD inspired many to write HIS word the BIBLE, the 1st 5 books are the TORAH, GOD (YAHVAH) and HIS SON (YESHUA) is not a religion, they are the creators of heaven and earth YESHUA was given control of everything, but 1st HE was obedient to (ABA) FATHER and HE died on the CROSS to redeem those who are lost in wrong actions, mistakes, screw-ups (sin). GOD's love for us is the deepest deep and the hightest high, were can I go to escape? If you will believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, believe HE rose from the dead, HIS PROMISE IS THAT YOU WILL BE WITH HIM, IN (SHMYIM) HEAVEN, it does not take a book just faith and wisdom and there is nothing wrong with looking at evidence!
  • Jerry shaltov72 2012/07/17 06:42:35
    Jerry
    +1
    .........this posting is of great value, shaltov72, I have a strong Faith, and I have learned additional by having attended a Messianic Synagogue and applying the teachings to my own Christian Church and walk with God, it is very obvious You know a great deal by how You carefully and methodically educate the rest of Us Soda Heads here, thank you, and God Bless You as well, ......... in Jesus Name, Amen...... Yeshua  Jesus is My Name
  • Billy the kid 2012/07/12 13:14:39
    Billy the kid
    +2
    "For those who believe, NO proof is necessary; to those who do NOT believe, NO proof
    is possible." (!!)
  • Jack's ... Billy t... 2012/07/12 17:03:09
    Jack's Pearl
    That is incorrect. Proof is proof. It's not based on blind faith.
  • Billy t... Jack's ... 2012/07/12 17:36:30
    Billy the kid
    +1
    There are a great deal of things that at THIS moment in time that CAN'T be proved. Exactly as modern science is making discoveries constantly regarding subjects that were once considered unfathomable-so may it at some time in the future transpire that spiritual mysteries will be revealed to a far greater extent than they are at this time.
    My own 'faith' did not come about 'overnight' but developed over many years in the course of my life-time as a result of my personal experiences as I have gone through life.
    I stand by my little statement regarding 'faith' and'proof' that I made in my comment above.
    You, obviously, are of a different opinion-and that is fine. I take absolutely no umbrage with those such as yourself who hold disparate views to that which I hold. However, your 'disbelief'-if one can call it that-does nothing to negate or diminish MY belief in the slightest.
  • bettyboop Billy t... 2012/07/14 13:19:55
  • Squeaken458 2012/07/11 19:01:02
    Squeaken458
    +2
    In those days it was said that there were scribes to write what was said and done for the,"Philosophers" of the day. They followed these groups and recorded almost everything. I haven't seen or heard of any books actually written by Jesus Christ myself. I always went on Faith that these were the words from God transferred to Jesus and then Jesus taught Gods will to the Apostles. Then the Apostles wrote their take on what was taught to them.
    I've read the Bible and it was written by many authors with words of wisdom to live by. What I got out of it was there are Ten strict rules to live by and 7 side guide lines to follow. When I was young and impressionable I tried to follow these rules and guide lines and it's a hard path to follow. As I got older I strayed from the path and just tried to be good to people and have Faith that things will get better. Have Hope that a some good will come and give Charity to the ones that in need.
  • ☆ Queen... Squeake... 2012/07/12 00:08:53
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    The new testament is the "Word Of The Lord"
  • Jack's ... ☆ Queen... 2012/07/12 00:13:25
    Jack's Pearl
    Oh wow! He wrote it! Cool.
  • ☆ Queen... Jack's ... 2012/07/12 00:14:08
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    they were his words
  • Jack's ... ☆ Queen... 2012/07/12 00:14:50
    Jack's Pearl
    Interpreted from thousands of years ago?
  • ☆ Queen... Jack's ... 2012/07/12 00:16:13
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    evidentaly
    +3
    You have to see God with the eyes of your heart Jack's Pearl.
  • ScatterJoy! 2012/07/10 21:58:14
    ScatterJoy!
    +2
    oooooo - I'll bet you're going to get a lot of flack for this question.

I'm not religious but I recommmend reading a few books by Robert A Monroe, especially his "Far Journeys" ("Ultimate Journey" is pretty bitchin too) - he writes about "Someone" "Somewhere" starting a garden.....
  • Jack's ... Scatter... 2012/07/11 17:52:52
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    Actually, everyone has been very decent. I think if they know personal insult won't come from you they don't get as angry.
  • Scatter... Jack's ... 2012/07/12 04:18:32
    ScatterJoy!
    +1
    :) I'm super stoked for you. It's a great question and I'm glad you're getting nice responses!
    Keep smiling!
  • Jack's ... Scatter... 2012/07/12 12:50:44
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Thank you for answering. I appreciate it.
  • firelooker 2012/07/10 19:57:29
    firelooker
    +1
    Good question, one that I'm sure there are a billion answers to. My belief is that he didn't want to do it himself for whatever reason.
  • JDreDaCookieMonster 2012/07/10 19:38:20
    JDreDaCookieMonster
    +1
    Because "he" isn't a person, it is just the energy that created the universe, "God" is just a name that was given to it a long time ago! also the bible is written by men not God.
    (just my view)
    +2
    Honestly, I believe the Hp;ly Bible KJV is pretty much it. An enormousness, intelligent Spirit which controls all the Universe and it's infinity too. This being cares about Man and how man's stuff works out. Satan lives here too. It is the only place God could keep him from destroying more than he does.
  • kcandi 2012/07/10 18:30:20
    kcandi
    +1
    Good question, pearl. I personally feel that "god" as man made him does not exist. If I created life and wanted to share my goodness and eternal gifts, I would make my presence known to all who would listen to me.
  • ☆ Queen... kcandi 2012/07/12 00:10:13
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    ahhh...the test of faith
  • kcandi ☆ Queen... 2012/07/12 18:08:08
    kcandi
    +1
    I would thnk the greatest entity of all would not have to depend on blind faith to get the mere masses to believe in him.
  • Doc 2012/07/10 18:29:38
    Doc
    +2
    From what I understand, it's because God gave us free will. We can choose to believe.

I think of it like taxes that is spent on welfare. Since we are forced to do so, we aren't really doing the right thing.
  • Jack's ... Doc 2012/07/10 18:33:52
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    Just because we would know doesn't mean we wouldn't have free will. Why would things have to be different just because we would know by site that He's out there?
  • Doc Jack's ... 2012/07/10 18:45:23
    Doc
    +1
    I think things would be different, if indeed God were to prove his existence. This little essay might help you understand why I think so, if you have the time to read it.

In a study reported in the February 26 issue of Nature (Vol. 391, pp. 871-874), researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have now conducted a highly controlled experiment demonstrating how a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed. The experiment revealed that the greater the amount of "watching," the greater the observer's influence on what actually takes place.

The research team headed by Prof. Mordehai Heiblum, included Ph.D. student Eyal Buks, Dr. Ralph Schuster, Dr. Diana Mahalu and Dr. Vladimir Umansky. The scientists, members of the Condensed Matter Physics Department, work at the Institute's Joseph H. and Belle R. Braun Center for Submicron Research.

When a quantum "observer" is watching Quantum mechanics states that particles can also behave as waves. This can be true for electrons at the submicron level, i.e., at distances measuring less than one micron, or one thousandth of a millimeter. When behaving as waves, they can simultaneously pass through several openings in a barrier and then meet again at the other side of the barrier. This "meeting" is known as interference.

St...

Strange as it may sound, interference can only occur when no one is watching. Once an observer begins to watch the particles going through the openings, the picture changes dramatically: if a particle can be seen going through one opening, then it's clear it didn't go through another. In other words, when under observation, electrons are being "forced" to behave like particles and not like waves. Thus the mere act of observation affects the experimental findings.

To demonstrate this, Weizmann Institute researchers built a tiny device measuring less than one micron in size, which had a barrier with two openings. They then sent a current of electrons towards the barrier. The "observer" in this experiment wasn't human. Institute scientists used for this purpose a tiny but sophisticated electronic detector that can spot passing electrons. The quantum "observer's" capacity to detect electrons could be altered by changing its electrical conductivity, or the strength of the current passing through it.

Apart from "observing," or detecting, the electrons, the detector had no effect on the current. Yet the scientists found that the very presence of the detector-"observer" near one of the openings caused changes in the interference pattern of the electron waves passing through the openings of the barrier. In fact, this effect was dependent on the "amount" of the observation: when the "observer's" capacity to detect electrons increased, in other words, when the level of the observation went up, the interference weakened; in contrast, when its capacity to detect electrons was reduced, in other words, when the observation slackened, the interference increased.

Thus, by controlling the properties of the quantum observer the scientists managed to control the extent of its influence on the electrons' behavior. The theoretical basis for this phenomenon was developed several years ago by a number of physicists, including Dr. Adi Stern and Prof. Yoseph Imry of the Weizmann Institute of Science, together with Prof. Yakir Aharonov of Tel Aviv University. The new experimental work was initiated following discussions with Weizmann Institute's Prof. Shmuel Gurvitz, and its results have already attracted the interest of theoretical physicists around the world and are being studied, among others, by Prof. Yehoshua Levinson of the Weizmann Institute.
  • bettyboop Doc 2012/07/14 13:25:48 (edited)
    bettyboop
    +2
    whom do you think created the brain that was able to do this? do you think it came about from a blob floating around? Gods handiwork is everywhere for all eyes to see, if a person wishes to see.
  • Jack's ... bettyboop 2012/07/14 18:33:19
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    My only question here is why does it have to be God that created all this? Why not a blob floating around? I could be couldn't it? I think it could at least.
  • bettyboop Jack's ... 2012/07/15 14:31:58
    bettyboop
    +1
    I don't. Creation is much to complicated to have evolved from a blob floating in outer space. I am not saying that people, animals, trees even lakes/oceans etc. do not change over time to adapt. I mean if we did not have the ability to adapt we would simply die out. If we were to accept your ideal about coming from a blob then riddle me this........why just on earth is there so much? Why not other planets? Surely Jack's Pearl it was not a coincidence that earth supports all of Gods handiwork, and not any other planets. How did I finally come to have faith and believe in God you might ask? I did for a long time think that IF there was a God he had certainly forgotten about me, I certainly did not have a charmed, easy life. I studied. I listened, I looked around. I know that when I decided to embrace God that something inside of me felt like never before. The peace, the calmness and the love I feel when I am with God is like nothing I have ever experienced before, and the rightness of it cannot be explained away by anyone. I am sure you have head the saying "I know that I know".........And that is exactly how I feel about God.
  • Doc bettyboop 2012/07/14 22:52:23
    Doc
    +2
    I am in total agreement with you. But not all that have eyes can see. :-)
  • bettyboop Doc 2012/07/15 14:23:04
    bettyboop
    +2
    Much truth in that statement.
  • Jack's ... Doc 2012/07/17 17:25:12
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Of course not all eyes see as you do. Many see things completely different. There are a myriad of different religions to believe in (see) and then some of us don't believe any of it.
  • Doc Jack's ... 2012/07/18 02:17:39
    Doc
    +1
    And that's why I try not to push my religion on anyone.

All I can do is try to lead by example instead of words, and all I can say is that before I became a christian, I was on a very dark path.

I hope you find the answers you seek. :-)
  • Doc Doc 2012/07/10 18:34:05
    Doc
    +2
    On a side note, you either will, or will not, believe in God.

No one person can say or do anything that will convince you.

But man is constructed to "worship" something, be it money, sex, power, football, etc.

And most folks who don't believe have an empty spot inside.
  • Jack's ... Doc 2012/07/10 18:42:06
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    Worshipping is strictly a religious statement. It's not the same as the terms enjoyment, passion for something, addiction. And I agree 100% that you either believe because it seems truthful to you or you don't because it does not. I think what is most important is finding what makes this life the best for you. Each person has a right to that.
  • Doc Jack's ... 2012/07/10 18:48:34
    Doc
    +1
    It may not be the same, but when you think of how people base their lives on things like religion, power, sex, money, etc., I think you'll see where I got that opinnioin.

:-)
  • Doc Doc 2012/07/10 18:45:56
    Doc
    +1
    I didn't mean you, personally, I meant you as in, "a person"

2014/11/24 01:31:05