Jolie-Pitt Kids Each Have Their Own Nanny: Will They End Up Spoiled?

Turns out, there's a reason why Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie make having six children look so easy: They have a nanny for each kid.

Each child is given their own personal nanny, an applicant for the nanny job told PopEater.

And these aren't any old nannies. Applicants are required to have a college degree in either education or child development; to speak at least two languages (in some cases, the language of the child's native land); and be willing to travel. All for $50,000-$150,000 on a sliding scale, to start.

But with all of that extra attention going to Zahara, 6; Maddox, 9; Vivienne, 2; Shiloh, 4; Knox, 2; and Pax, 7 -- not to mention the love and devotion of mom and dad -- will they end up spoiled?

Read More: http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/19/brad-pitt-angel...

• holdenferall 2011/04/20 22:16:25 (edited)
    holdenferall
    +6
    They're still missing a Latin American child it seems. When do they plan on going to the Latin American Kid dealership? I'm sure they could get some good financing.

• darlene 2011/04/20 23:51:11 (edited)
    darlene
    +2
    Their parents seem to genuinely love them. In their profession they need someone to care for their children. They have the financial means why not. My children are spoiled and I'm not rich. lol love profession care children financial children spoiled rich lol born with silver spoon in mouth funny
  • Curious... darlene 2011/04/21 04:07:35
    Curious Pierre Balloon
    +3
    if you can't care for your own children, you shouldn't have them, let alone adopt.
  • darlene Curious... 2011/04/21 16:41:19
    darlene
    I agree and they are taking care of them. They are working parents like most parents. They just can afford the very best.
  • Deborah 2011/04/20 23:42:39
    Deborah
    +3
    But if you can afford it go for it.
  • ernest debrew 2011/04/20 23:34:04
    ernest debrew
    +2
    Well, find proof from these families:

proof families kate plus 8

proof families octomom
  • No nons... ernest ... 2011/04/20 23:44:10
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    Losers!
  • belle 2011/04/20 23:33:04
    belle
    +3
    most of the celebrity kids do, see them as no different.
  • Beccy 2011/04/20 23:32:38
    +3
    I think kids need alot of attention
  • SebaThe... Beccy 2011/04/21 02:13:02
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    +2
    from their parents, im not dissing nannies, im just saying hiring a nanny for EACH of your kids is being lazy and pathetic.
  • Beccy SebaThe... 2011/05/28 17:52:06
    +1
    Kind of a waste of money if you ask me
  • SebaThe... Beccy 2011/06/03 03:12:03
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    +1
    haha thats for sure P:
  • sabbatha 2011/04/20 23:18:03
    sabbatha
    +4
    No, they will not be spoiled in the literal sense because they will want their MOTHER.
    If you don't have time for so many children don't have/adopt them.
  • SebaThe... sabbatha 2011/04/21 02:13:20
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    +1
    exactly!!
  • BUDWARDDIDDLE 2011/04/20 23:16:16
    BUDWARDDIDDLE
    +2
    No wonder they look like everything is so wonderful with all those kids. If the nannies are taking care of the kids too much, they're not gonna know their mom and dad. I think with that many kids,you need some help,but one for each kid is excessive. Maybe 2 nannies 2-3 days a week,but they should take care of their own kids. After all, they wanted that many!
  • SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX 2011/04/20 23:02:16
    SCOOP--RIP, MY DEAR MAX
    +1
    They can well afford it. It keeps five extra people employed. These people have weird schedules and it is nice that they are seeing to the needs of the children.
  • LangTheWolf 2011/04/20 22:46:21
    LangTheWolf
    +3
    Well, maybe 1 for 3 kids, and 1 more for the other 3 kids.
  • BigHairyBallsThatSlapYoFace! 2011/04/20 22:23:21
    BigHairyBallsThatSlapYoFace!
    +2
    the kiddos won't be spoiled. Yes or No.
    holdenferall
    +6
  • Omnibus... holdenf... 2011/04/20 23:07:10
    Omnibus Annie
    +3
    Nicaragua has many starving children living under the Sandanistan, Marxist, Socialist, Left-wing Nationalist leadership of that POS Daniel Ortega. They can pick one off of Nicaragua's infamous trash heaps where they are found scrounging for scraps all day.
  • Keen Tojones 2011/04/20 22:07:07
    Keen Tojones
    +1
    They'll end up healthier if they are not abused.
  • MangoLuve 2011/04/20 21:39:33
    MangoLuve
    +2
    These kids deserve to be spoiled and if Jolie and Pitt can offer them that, then kudos to them.
    kids deserve spoiled jolie pitt offer kudos mr and mrs smith

It just makes me like them more than i do now.
  • JChin 2011/04/20 21:31:49
    JChin
    +2
    It is very likely. Parents want what is best for there kids and want them to be happy. Money can buy extreme happiness for a child, since they have no concept of needs vs wants. With the amount of money that Jolie-Pitt have, it is probably very hard to even think about the concept of modesty. It is only human nature: To strive to succeed and be the best and to do and be better than everyone else. There always going to be rich people and famous people, and they are always going to have immense power and a huge impact on the way our culture operates.
  • Tau_Seti 2011/04/20 21:25:14
  • Matthew Frankwitt 2011/04/20 21:09:53
    Matthew Frankwitt
    +1
    I feel that most children that come from extremely wealthy families have a higher potential to be spoiled.
  • kevracer 2011/04/20 21:06:16
    kevracer
    +1
    end up? they already are!
  • TonyDahlinVenice 2011/04/20 20:48:08
    TonyDahlinVenice
    +3
    But that question is way up there on the none of our business scale.
  • Toots 2011/04/20 20:41:03
    Toots
    +1
    Spoiled is Paris Hilton. Maybe with each one with a Nanny they will grow up much better, but only if the get told NO most of the time.
  • Doopalupe 2011/04/20 20:36:40
    Doopalupe
    +3
    Plenty of kids grow up with no nannies and are still little @$$#%!&!
  • glass_b... Doopalupe 2011/04/21 14:25:34
    glass_butterfly ~YSU~
    That's SO true!
  • kmay 2011/04/20 20:33:54
    kmay
    +1
    Confused as well.
  • Team_BellaYouIdiot 2011/04/20 20:33:02
    Team_BellaYouIdiot
    Thats like saying, hey you! You fit the criteria, here's 50,000 dollars. Go take Vivienne to the park down the road. Take her to the swings first, then in 5 minutes exactly, go to the slide for 5 minutes, then.. Sort of pointless, why not just 2 kids for 1 nanny?
  • Princess 2011/04/20 20:20:23
    Princess
    At least you know they are safe.Plus they have a-lot of kids, that would be hard for one nanny to watch all those kids.
  • Mrs.H 2011/04/20 20:12:48
    Mrs.H
    +1
    There's no doubt in my mind that they will be spoiled. Well, most likely all children of celebrities are spoiled.
  • Rave 2011/04/20 20:09:51
    Rave
    No way to tell. Can't really judge their situation, it's so far from the average person's everyday life that for all we know this might be the most practical.
  • rand 2011/04/20 20:08:59
    rand
    They could end up spoiled, but attention won't necessarily be the reason. The impact of attention depends upon how and why it's meted out.
  • mae 2011/04/20 19:36:29 (edited)
    mae
    Not necessarily spoiled, but confused. One nanny tells one child something, but another nanny tells the other child something else. And, nannies do fight and have conflicts with each other, sometimes using the children against each other. Especially educated nannies, plying for more say over another... Hmmm. It seems they will have more education than either parent...And do the parents speak two languages? Maybe Angelina: French and English, But Brad?
  • Nuke 2011/04/20 19:22:52 (edited)
    Nuke
    +1
    Not too much as long as you can afford it, I get that they're busy stars and all but when you have other people raising your kids chances are that it won't turn out well.

If you're too busy and need a nanny or in this case nannies, it might be an indication that maybe you shouldn't adopt or have so many kids... o.0
  • mae Nuke 2011/04/20 19:39:26
    mae
    Amen to that, its too late to give them back.
  • John R 2011/04/20 19:20:12
    John R
    It's their money; they're free to do with it what they wish. I find it somewhat ironic that in an age when many children exist in situations where they are seldom given even a small percentage of the time they need and/or deserve, that someone, somewhere, feels it is necessary to criticize Pitt and Jolie for doting on their children too much. The article does raise an interesting and important question: will the children grow-up spoiled? I may be wrong, but my gut tells me that they won't. Consider, both Pitt and Jolie are among Hollywood's most well-paid actors in the business today. Yet both are committed to causes whose purposes are to improve the lives of others less fortunate. Jolie is involved with the U.N. and UNICEF. And Pitt started a non-profit organization in New Orleans, the goal of which is to rebuild the devastated parts of that great city, but to do so by constructing eco-friendly, "green" homes. Even if the children are doted-on by their nannies and parents, I would think that their seeing their parents committing so much time and energy to other, very worthy causes, would (at the very least) plant the seed in their mind of the value of doing something worthwhile ... even when your career and income make is so that they could simply sit-back and enjoy a...

It's their money; they're free to do with it what they wish. I find it somewhat ironic that in an age when many children exist in situations where they are seldom given even a small percentage of the time they need and/or deserve, that someone, somewhere, feels it is necessary to criticize Pitt and Jolie for doting on their children too much. The article does raise an interesting and important question: will the children grow-up spoiled? I may be wrong, but my gut tells me that they won't. Consider, both Pitt and Jolie are among Hollywood's most well-paid actors in the business today. Yet both are committed to causes whose purposes are to improve the lives of others less fortunate. Jolie is involved with the U.N. and UNICEF. And Pitt started a non-profit organization in New Orleans, the goal of which is to rebuild the devastated parts of that great city, but to do so by constructing eco-friendly, "green" homes. Even if the children are doted-on by their nannies and parents, I would think that their seeing their parents committing so much time and energy to other, very worthy causes, would (at the very least) plant the seed in their mind of the value of doing something worthwhile ... even when your career and income make is so that they could simply sit-back and enjoy a life of complete and utter luxury.

What's more, considering the careers and the involvement with other causes that both parents have ... and the travel required for them ... and the fact that they both like to have their children with them (or at least relatively nearby) as often as possible, having several people to help "corral" their children (the use of the word "corral" is simply used 'tongue-in-cheek'; not as a statement about the children themselves) would seem the only responsible thing to do. My mother would tell us younger kids of the harrows involved with flying with an infant and/or young child. Imagine six of them! Even in a private plane ... six kids would be something else!

Personally, I'm glad to see that Pitt and Jolie are using a portion of their Hollywood millions to care for their children. A much, MUCH better role model for aspiring actors and would-be parents ... particularly when compared with the narcassistic, pompous jackasses that all too often clutter the pages of the "Entertainment" section of newspapers with their latest tales of felonious hijinks and arrests.
  • John R 2011/04/20 19:20:12
    John R

2014/10/25 08:45:47