JOBS How would you go about creating new jobs?

Sister Jean 2012/08/19 00:45:46
Related Topics: Job, Jobs

• Pat 2012/08/20 03:35:14
    try this
    +3
    There are a couple of ways to create jobs. I think the first one is an infusion of money from the Federal Government for re-building our infrastructure. We have so many roads, tunnels and bridges that are in urgent need of repair it would put a lot of people to work. When I drive through the tunnel into Boston I'm always looking to see if any ventilation apparatus is falling down or watching for falling light fixtures. Someone will be killed if these things are fixed. Remember the bridge in Minnesota that just collapsed out of the blue not too long ago.
    Then I think that small businesses should get a tax break of some sort for every new employee they hire. That will provide jobs and stimulate their own businesses.
    Large corporations should review their executive salary structure and perks and cut them. Use the money they save to hire more people and/or raise the salaries of current workers so they have more to spend in the economy. If you create a demand for products you will not only stimulate spending, you will stimulate hiring to meet the demand. workers

• Nameless 2012/08/27 04:41:04
    try this
    Nameless
    Urban farming. Insulation/weatherizing homes, local beautification projects...
  • morris44 2012/08/20 19:40:52
    try this
    morris44
    +1
    Tarrifs on imported good. Tax companies that source goods from non-u.s. companies.

Tax breaks for companies that hire more workers.
  • angie45 2012/08/20 16:19:02
    I would
    angie45
    +1
    bring manufactures in,build on what we have..
  • LibertyCaroline 2012/08/20 07:12:40
    try this
    LibertyCaroline
    +1
    Jobs are properly created by entrepreneurs who are willing to work hard and take calculated risks. Jobs are also created through real increases in productivity, resulting from re-invested profits or conservative borrowing at market interest rates.

http://paul.house.gov/index.p...
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/08/20 05:48:07
    I would
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    1. Drastically reduce or eliminate all barriers to business creation.
    2. Make the USA a right to work country.
    3. Raise import duties on all foreign made products.
  • Roblem BN-0 2012/08/20 05:22:14 (edited)
    I would
    Roblem BN-0
    +1
    have every home and commercial building in America get solar panels installed. We could used some of our armed forces as part of that labor force and take the money wasted on the drug and other wars and use it for that purpose. Once completed there would be some on going maintenance needed.

I would tax every American business 50% (maybe even 60%) if they choose to manufacture and/or employ people overseas. They can certainly make that choice but I would see to it that it would cost them the same as it would to keep their business here.

Every person would earn a living wage dependent on location.

I would encourage a more natural and ecological approach to production and manufacturing. A company that pollutes won't get fined they will be shut down until they clean up their mess. If the people in charge refuse they will go to prison.

I would also encourage local organic farms while limiting large agribusinesses.

I would stop monopolies from swallowing up and destroying small businesses. End the strip mall syndrome.

I would like to see a major change in our attitudes about the obsession with "growth" rather than sustainability. It is very short sighted and destructive as is evident by what we can see in our air, land and water... all around us.

Oh, I just woke up! LOL

Oh yeah... I wou...

Oh, I just woke up! LOL

Oh yeah... I would abolish the FED and end the derivatives market. I would also create a new independent task force to monitor all financial markets and put a stop to the fraud and market manipulation!
  • Steve 2012/08/20 04:12:18
    try this
    Steve
    +2
    Infrastructure development -- roads, bridges, rail lines. Federal aid to the states to re-hire laid off teachers, police, firefighters. Pay for it with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts--don't extend them.
  • Odinsown 2012/08/20 03:59:36
    I would
    Odinsown
    +2
    I would eliminate all obstacles to self employment and business start up. I would eliminate need for construction permits, business licenses, etc.
  • morris44 Odinsown 2012/08/20 19:42:17
    morris44
    I like some of what you say, but I don't think I want builders who don't get permits.

Isn't it possible that we would have unsafe building going on.
  • Odinsown morris44 2012/08/20 19:57:28
    Odinsown
    It is possible, but as a business owner would build something unsafe that would endanger your customers? But aside from that permits don't guaranty safety, just that you paid some government official to build on property you own.
  • morris44 Odinsown 2012/08/20 20:45:30
    morris44
    +1
    I may be thinking more of the inspection.
  • Odinsown morris44 2012/08/20 21:45:16
    Odinsown
    +1
    Perhaps.
  • Pat 2012/08/20 03:35:14
    try this
    +3
  • Denis B 2012/08/19 20:30:46 (edited)
    I would
    Denis B
    +1
    First, I would change individual attitudes. As a nation, we need to give greater respect to those who have an education and educate others. It is impossible to have an illiterate person oppressing a literate person. I would promote more education for all citizens.. Education allows individuals to give greater value to resources. We need to motivate the eighty year old multi billionaires to share and create incubators for small business people to create small businesses. Anyone who is making money in the USA has a social responsibility to give back to the nation which created their wealth. We need business people to create jobs. WE NEED MORE TEACHERS TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE ILLITERATE TO BECOME MORE LITERATE. Increase the resources and salaries of teachers. Make prosocial volunteer community efforts yield extrinsic rewards. Establish greater mental health care resources for those who suffer from material jealousy and for those who become obsessed with not wishing to see their fellow Americans in self employment and small business. Tax Wall Street and the octogenarian multi billionaires at a higher rate in order to create massive public works projects (i.e., high speed rail systems, 100 + story Office buildings and Spires, infrastructure repair and modifications, provision of ...
    First, I would change individual attitudes. As a nation, we need to give greater respect to those who have an education and educate others. It is impossible to have an illiterate person oppressing a literate person. I would promote more education for all citizens.. Education allows individuals to give greater value to resources. We need to motivate the eighty year old multi billionaires to share and create incubators for small business people to create small businesses. Anyone who is making money in the USA has a social responsibility to give back to the nation which created their wealth. We need business people to create jobs. WE NEED MORE TEACHERS TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE ILLITERATE TO BECOME MORE LITERATE. Increase the resources and salaries of teachers. Make prosocial volunteer community efforts yield extrinsic rewards. Establish greater mental health care resources for those who suffer from material jealousy and for those who become obsessed with not wishing to see their fellow Americans in self employment and small business. Tax Wall Street and the octogenarian multi billionaires at a higher rate in order to create massive public works projects (i.e., high speed rail systems, 100 + story Office buildings and Spires, infrastructure repair and modifications, provision of individual tax credits for the revitalization of under utilized cities). I would legalize and heavily tax the use of marijuana and enable marijuana cafes in the urban ghettos. I would promote the development and implementation of natural gas as a primary fuel source for automobiles and trucks. Last but not least, I would promote the application of stem cell technology for the treatment of disease such as Alzheimer,s disease and other degenerative neurological diseases. Let,s make the USA the greatest country in the world again. Teachers are important people
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/08/19 12:25:31
    I would
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Lower taxes on Businesses, Raise Taxes on Imports. (Especially from China)
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/08/19 12:07:17
    I would
    nothingbutthetruth
    +2
    By implementing jobs policies strategies and investing in things like clean energy, infrastructure, Education, bridges and manufacturing.
  • ruru 2012/08/19 06:00:34
    I would
    ruru
    +1
    Vote for Romney.
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/08/19 04:31:15
    I would
    Vijay Pawar
    Start a joint to cater all men with their basic needs, as they have a great potential & a never ending business opportunity.
  • La 2012/08/19 04:13:14
    try this
    La
    Make it illegal to have more than $1 billion in a bank account. RICH PEOPLE, SPEND YO MONEY.
  • Jdogg 2012/08/19 03:56:06
    I would
    Jdogg
    +2
    Start by giving the tax breaks to companies who left the usa for this very reason.
    I would
    +2
    Bring back the jobs that went overseas. Big Business would not like me if they didn't..I'd encourage new project, succeed or fail it would not matter, as long as people were put back to work.

Rebuild our infrastructure!! We are the only major nation in the world without a REAL high speed train system. I'd put them to work building the worlds largest MagLev high speed rail system. Clean, Fast and independent. Right NOW!! Japan is moving to the next generation of MagLev development

http://www.engadget.com/2011/...

http://www.maglev2000.com/tod...

Upgrade our roads, bridges, freight rail systems,
    I would
    +1
    First, vote Obama out of office. Second, return our country back to the US Constitution. Third, implement the Fair Tax (HR 25, S 13).
  • sjalan Mike 2012/08/19 03:36:45
    +1
    All three are part of the implementation Fascist Theocracy being forced on the American Public by the Religious Right + the owned Republican/Tea Party + the industrialist/capitalist.

Exactly the same lead up to Hitler's rule of Germany.
  • Mike sjalan 2012/08/19 11:23:45
    “Fascist Theocracy,” this is new! The US Constitution is a Republic form of government and has nothing to do with “Fascist” methodology as in control of industry by the government a.k.a. authoritarian nationalism. As for a “Theocracy,” the First Amendment in the US Constitution prevents the government to form a “Theocracy,” like governments under Sharia Law. Perhaps, you need a different term to express your “Hitler’s rule” outrage.
  • sjalan Mike 2012/08/19 20:19:49
    Mike I suggest you look at Germany 1930's/40's. Horrible recession preceeded by a depression. Little known party begins to build itself up and finds a mouthpiece in Hitler.

The RCC and Protestants back this little party with speeches from the pulpits. Along with the backing of the industiralist who want to build Germany's factories back up etc and become a major capitialist country again.

The rise to power is very easy when you take aim different groups and defame them as less than human. Jews and homosexuals, minority religions. Take your pick.

Today in the US, we had televangelists of the 1980's who vowed to take over a political party to advance their goals of dominence in our nations politics. There acheived goals were to take over towns, cities, countries and states, this they have done. Their goal to take over the US Government has progressed rapidly since Bush I and II opened the doors to the White House for policy conferences etc.

Additionally, we have seen the growth of the Rabid Radical Religious Reich in the Evangelical Right to the point where the various candidates are FEARFUL of these groups. The biggest action todate has been Prop8 in California where the Religoiusly backed political groups imposed religious based dogma, doctrines and belief into the Constitution...

Additionally, we have seen the growth of the Rabid Radical Religious Reich in the Evangelical Right to the point where the various candidates are FEARFUL of these groups. The biggest action todate has been Prop8 in California where the Religoiusly backed political groups imposed religious based dogma, doctrines and belief into the Constitution of the State of California. A TOTALLY unconstitutional action against the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments.

Today we see the expansion of these groups in the influence of our national elections in the unlimited amounts of money they can spend via the Citizens United SCOTUS decision.

Today we have a three headed Hydra of American Facism which has formed out of the alliance between the Uber Rich, The Republcian/Tea Party and the Radical Rabid Relgious Reich. Make no bones about it. They want and will take at all costs our nation down the path to a Fascist Theocracy if the Romney/Ryan ticket wins in November. There goal aready has been to gut the middle class and working poor of finiancal ability to affect elections, the next will be to continue to remove basic civil rights.

If you don't see it then you better open your eyes and do some study before you make a very bad decision to back the Republcian/Tea Party this fall.
  • Mike sjalan 2012/08/19 23:03:16
    Perhaps, you are watching too much televangelist. Change the channel to the History Channel and you may find our Founding Fathers were all religious and believers in God. Read our Declaration of Independence and count how many times God was mentioned. If anyone should worry about changing the structure of our country’s founding, just look who’s in the White House today.
  • sjalan Mike 2012/08/20 01:00:45
    The Founding Fathers were indeed Believers in a God/supreme being. Although they associated with different groups the majority were simplyt Diests and were also Masons. Many were avowed agnostics as well.

I would suggest you do some reading at this site and then reconsider your position.

www.theocracywatch.org

Some very interesting reading and good information.
  • Mike sjalan 2012/08/20 02:49:25
    Thanks for the site. The theocracy I’m worry about is Sharia Law.
  • sjalan Mike 2012/08/20 05:23:39
    For every step that Christendom takes to install their religious beliefs into our laws and constitutions, Sharia Law will be right behind them demanding the same exact privelge of acceptance into the law.

That is WHY the absolute separation of church and state is a manditory process in our nation and has been so stated by SCOTUS. The INSTANT one religion can install religious codes into our system ie Christendom, Every other religion will have been given the OK to do so also.

This is why I have preached against ANY political activity by religious groups at all, in any way shape or form
  • Mike sjalan 2012/08/20 12:39:56
    Perhaps, you and Joan Bokaer should read the US Constitution of 1787, the one those Christians and Deists wrote. In the first amendment, the design of our government is not to be based on ANY theocracy. This phobic-Christian-theocracy stuff does not exist in our US Constitution. The Tea Party conservatives today want our government to get off the current “living constitution” and reinstate the US Constitution of 1787. I went to Joan’s website (www.theocracywatch.org) and searched on “Sharia Law,” and found no entries, interesting. Sharia Law is the theocracy on the move in the US. Just Google “Sharia Law in the US” and tell Joan to update her website.
  • sjalan Mike 2012/08/20 16:21:08
    You're correct, Christian-theocracy doesn't exist in our US Constitution. But the current crop of Christendom leaders and political pundents are insisting we are a "Christian" country and are demanding that religion, Christian religious practices and teachings, be placed into our US Constitution via amendments and laws. A perfect example of that was the State Constitutional Amendment recently passed in Missiouri which places prayer, foremost Christain prayer, forward as the only acceptable prayer available in Missouri. This is unconstitutional in the nth degree and totally in violation of the basic civil rights of persons who are not Christians. You say we are a country based upon NO theocracy, yet you ignore what is happening around you. Sorry, you really need to wake up to the reality of what Christendom is doing in this country.

As for Sharia Law, here is a site you can bite your teeth into.

www.islam-watch.org
  • Mike sjalan 2012/08/20 17:07:05
    So I see, Sharia Law does not belong on a “theocracy watch” website. It is not easy to amend the US Constitution that is why we have the “living constitution.” If you fear some theocracy taking over our “living constitution,” as I do, then you should join the Tea Party in trying to get our US Constitution back. While many public places are throwing out the Ten Commandments, Sharia Law already has a footing in our “living constitution.” Your fears are certainly not my fears and I’m sure my fears are of no interest to you. Since we have this understanding, I thank you for your time in this exchange of information; may you find Happiness in your objectives.
  • Jimbo 2012/08/19 02:46:30
    I would
    Jimbo
    +1
    find a need in my community and try to fill that need.
  • Tommy 2012/08/19 02:25:11
    I would
    Tommy
    +1
    ... go to South Africa and shoot all the platinum miners dead. That seems to be the in thing there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/wor...
  • rknothead 2012/08/19 02:11:12
    try this
    rknothead
    +1
    Give an investment tax credit to companies that buy new capital goods that are made/assembled in the USA up to $400,000 at 100%, from $400,000 - $1,000,000 at 50% tax credit.
  • wildcat 2012/08/19 02:03:38
    I would
    wildcat
    +2
    begin with recreating our infrastructure, new bridges, new highways, new canals, new levies, sewer systems etc. Then I would go after American energy sources, Compressed natural gas, wind generated electricity, wave generated electricity, solar generated electricity. I would establish a system of scholarships for those currently working in dead end jobs to retrain and further their education so that they could become productive in the future. Let's face it, buggy whip makers had to retrain or retool or learn a new trade, some of our jobs today are just as antiquated.
  • rand 2012/08/19 01:44:34
    I would
    rand
    +1
    ...scrutinize regulations and eliminate the many unnecessary ones AND start a jobs program to renovate America's infrastructure.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/08/19 01:41:52
    I would
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    get more interraction between thriving firms and educational facilities. Right now we have to import people because hi-tech firms can't find enough qualified people here. But since education is being cut by most states, what is the hope for this?
  • Doc. J 2012/08/19 01:23:10
    I would
    Doc. J
    +1
    Probably go about it in a similar fashion to Hitler (yes!) when he had to pull Germany up from horrid squalor and depression in the late 30s after taking power.
    (No, it does not involve killing anyone, or rearming for war...or starting one)
    I would institute MASSIVE national projects that required hundreds of thousands of workers.
    You may go from wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase
    to
    wearing overalls and carrying a shovel.......But you are going BACK to work.
    And good hard physical labor to earn your pay, is just as good for 30-40 year olds as we say it is for teenagers when we put a shovel in their hands and send them out into the back yard on the weekend........I think it would improve the national character a bit.
    I really do.

Hitler built the Autobahn.....In fact some of the autobahn is still the original construction.

I would begin a huge continental US wide rebuild of our highway system. Having driven from Tx to Calif and back in the last two weeks.....I can say it's needed.
  • sonofason 2012/08/19 01:19:34

2014/09/18 15:48:17