Jessica Simpson in Talks With Weight Watchers: Is Counting Points the Best Way to Slim?

Pretty much nobody has had such a public battle with their weight as Jessica Simpson (President Obama even commented on it once.) So it makes sense that Weight Watchers wants to cash in on all the drama. Jessica Simpson, who is expecting her first baby and due in the spring, is in talks with Weight Watchers for a $4 million deal to lose the post-baby weight, Us Weekly reports.

Under the contract, Simpson would have one year to use the point-counting program to "lose a significant amount of weight," an insider told the gossip mag. She would then display the results in ads for the company.

Simpson -- who is engaged to ex-NFL star Eric Johnson -- had been considering working with Weight Watchers in the past, "but then she got pregnant," a source tells the mag. "So this was the perfect compromise."

As of right now, the 31-year-old is happy to show off her preggo belly. "I'm bigger than I've ever been," she recently told Us. "But I want to show off my bump!" That said, we all know how much pressure celebrities -- and real women -- face to snap back into shape once baby is born. Do you think Jessica should give Weight Watchers try? Or are there better ways to slim down?

• John 2011/11/28 22:36:35
    Yes, seems like it works
    John
    EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN METHOD
  • Vanessa 2011/11/26 16:25:20
    No, counting points is not for me
    Vanessa
    Sports is the best way but whatever floats your boat...
  • Ben 2011/11/23 21:22:26
    No, counting points is not for me
    Ben
    When I went to the clinic to get checked up, the doctor told me I have the highest metabolic he'd seen in years, meaning that I am incapable of gaining weight, which is what I've always wanted... Coming back on topic, no, counting points just doesn't seem to be the best way to "slim down"
  • dogs voice 2011/11/23 17:08:36
    No, counting points is not for me
    dogs voice
    Why bother?
  • I NEED A HORSE 2011/11/23 16:25:26
  • cupcake 2011/11/23 15:55:53
    Yes, seems like it works
    cupcake
    +1
    It works for many people
  • Curly 2011/11/23 15:13:25
    Yes, seems like it works
    Curly
    +1
    It's the healthiest and easiest best way.
  • someopinion 2011/11/23 14:55:26
    No, counting points is not for me
    someopinion
    +2
    eath healthy,,,,,,,an controlled portions an you will be fine
  • Untouched 2011/11/23 14:22:34
    No, counting points is not for me
    Untouched
    +1
    i don't need to slim down.
    seems like u'd become obsessed? counting everything. i'd rather just eat more fruits and veggs and less less junk wich i need to anyway
  • harley oldman 2011/11/23 14:00:24
    No, counting points is not for me
    harley oldman
    +1
    Several small (Healthy) meals a day works best for me...!
  • Maleficent 2011/11/23 13:47:32 (edited)
    Yes, seems like it works
    Maleficent
    +1
    she can try that program but if it doesnt work for her then she can just work out.
  • Pam 2011/11/23 12:58:36
    Yes, seems like it works
    Pam
    +1
    I did WW back in the 70's, then it measured food and designated different foods into categories. You still ate more than you normally did but the types of foods in different combanations worked. It still seems to be the healthiest way to lose extra weight. Plus it is easier to stick with than some of the fad diets out there.
  • GLaDOS 2011/11/23 12:23:03
    No, counting points is not for me
    GLaDOS
    +2
    Too stressful, which only encourages weight gain. I just moderate portions, eat regularly, occasionally indulge, and become more active.
  • running... GLaDOS 2011/12/01 07:18:36
    runningintriangles
    "I just moderate portions, eat regularly, occasionally indulge, and become more active."

That's exactly what the Weight Watchers programme teaches one to do. -_-''
  • GLaDOS running... 2011/12/01 11:59:55
    GLaDOS
    Except that you stress over "points." I don't stress over points. I take a small plate, and fill it up as I want, without worrying about what I have on it.
  • running... GLaDOS 2011/12/02 05:07:25
    runningintriangles
    Except you don't, the "points" are just an easier way to figure out portion control for those who have trouble doing it on their own. Get educated.
  • GLaDOS running... 2011/12/02 11:50:59
    GLaDOS
    I've tried Weight Watchers, before. Yes, stressing over portions is something I did.
  • Fallschirmjager 2011/11/23 10:42:08 (edited)
    Yes, seems like it works
    Fallschirmjager
    +3
    I always liked her looks. She is curvey, women are supposed to have curves. The boney, prisoner of war, look like Kiera Knightley is disgusting.

jessica simpson

kiera knightly
  • cupcake Fallsch... 2011/11/23 15:56:49
    cupcake
    +1
    Jessica, nipples are showing
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2011/11/23 09:17:37
    No, counting points is not for me
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +5
    She's kind of cute with a few extra pounds on her.
  • janet 2011/11/23 09:17:14
    No, counting points is not for me
    janet
    +1
    I'm sure it will work for some but we are all different.
    Good luck to Jessica for working on herself.
  • Twinky 2011/11/23 08:56:19
    No, counting points is not for me
    Twinky
    +2
    More and more research is starting to prove the theory that it's not FAT that makes you FAT but CARBOHYDRATES. We are eating less fat than at any point in recorded history, and yet are more obese than any time too!

Weight Watchers is owned by HEINZ! Do you really think there is ANY incentive for them to acknowledge that carbs is what needs to be monitored, not fat??
    HEINZ!
  • janet Twinky 2011/11/23 09:19:40
    janet
    +1
    I couldn't agree more.
    I am a biabetic and carbs for me are killer,,seeing that they turn into sugar in my body.
    I do a low carb diet and it suits me just fine, but I wouldn't say it is for everybody.
  • ToxicChili 2011/11/23 08:43:09
    No, counting points is not for me
    ToxicChili
    +2
    Counting points is fine, but mainting a healthy balanced diet is better. Making sure you drink enough water and have a good mix of Carbs, Protein and fat in your diet. Also as you lose weight you will need less calories, so you need to exercise and workout to maintain your muscle mass and probably increase your protein as well - 1lb of muscle requires more calories than 1lb of fat.
  • runningintriangles 2011/11/23 06:46:19
    Yes, seems like it works
    runningintriangles
    +1
    it's not so much about "counting points," although that is the method, all Weight Watchers is is learning how to balance your diet properly. If it were all about points, you could eat literally nothing but chocolate cake and still lose weight. It's about learning how to moderate things, not about anything else. It's worked for my mum, her friend, and a good friend of mine. It's easy to maintain because it isn't a diet, it's just learning how to eat healthily
  • MoNyOh 2011/11/23 05:45:21 (edited)
    No, counting points is not for me
    MoNyOh
    +1
    ZUMBAAAAAAA
    zumbaaaaaaa
  • running... MoNyOh 2011/11/23 06:46:54
    runningintriangles
    +2
    Exercise AND diet are important when it comes to your health.
  • MoNyOh running... 2011/11/24 05:56:04
    MoNyOh
    exactly, but counting points and starving? is not :)
  • running... MoNyOh 2011/11/29 16:43:15
    runningintriangles
    Weight Watchers doesn't leave you starving, it's all about portion control. When my mother was on it, she probably ate MORE than before, and she was never hungry. The points are just a system to help people figure out how to eat things in moderation.

If you think it's about counting calories and starving yourself, you need to do some research. It's not so much a diet as it is learning how to manage what you already eat.
  • MoNyOh running... 2011/12/01 04:29:30
    MoNyOh
    First of all I'm sorry If I offended you or your mommy in any way, second, I'll do my research, it was only my very personal opinion. Sorry again.
  • running... MoNyOh 2011/12/01 07:17:09 (edited)
    runningintriangles
    Opinions need research to back them. You assumed the programme was about counting calories and starving one's self when it's just the opposite. -_-''

Also, you're acting like a child, I was trying to enlighten you with some actual facts, but I suppose little girls like you would rather just assume they know everything already. -_-''
  • MoNyOh running... 2011/12/02 21:12:06
    MoNyOh
    HEY HEY HEY! I WAS APOLOGIZING, CAN'T YOU JUST TAKE THAT??? I SAID I WAS SORRY AND IF I INSULTED YOU OR YOUR MOM, I WAS AND AM VERY SORRY, JEEEEZ!!!!
  • MOMMA THOMAS 2011/11/23 05:14:20
    No, counting points is not for me
    MOMMA THOMAS
    TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO COUNT....I JUST EAT LESS.
  • queenalyss 2011/11/23 04:26:21
    No, counting points is not for me
    queenalyss
    how about just staying healthy in the first place?
  • running... queenalyss 2011/11/23 06:47:17
    runningintriangles
    +1
    You can be healthy and still be overweight.
  • ToxicChili running... 2011/11/23 08:40:23
    ToxicChili
    +1
    Yes, my weight is boardline ok and overweight based on BMI, yet my body fat is 16%
  • MJ 2011/11/23 02:21:03
    Yes, seems like it works
    MJ
    +1
    Each person is different and I suppose of Weight Watchers works for her then great. I think it's great that she's proud of her pregnancy and isn't trying to hide it. I think Jessica is beautiful and I'm positive she will find the motivation to lose the wait she desires.
  • notokand 2011/11/23 01:53:39
    Yes, seems like it works
    notokand
    +1
    If you follow your plan it works. I know several people who use it with success!
  • NoobGotPowned 2011/11/23 01:32:35
    No, counting points is not for me
    NoobGotPowned
    Fat from too much pizza hut...

• Jennifer 2011/11/22 22:25:44
    No, counting points is not for me
    Jennifer
    she looks fatter than the turkey i just bought from Kroger. ..

.
    Let's hope she doesn't stay that fat or she will start having to sell her shoes at Wide Shoe Warehouse.

.

2014/10/23 01:47:52