Jessica Alba's Husband Wears Pink Polish, Seal Wears Yellow: Should Guys Wear Nail Polish?

Jessica Alba got herself decked out for Fashion Week ... and so did her husband, film producer Cash Warren. The Daily Mail spotted hot pink nail polish on Mr. Jessica Alba's fingernails. Well, he was going to a fashion show ... and he had to find some way to stand out as the photogs went crazy for his stylish wife.

But Cash isn't the only dude rocking nail polish lately (and we're not talking about basic black, either). Heidi Klum's ex Seal was spotted in an airport in Australia Wednesday wearing neon yellow nail polish -- and no ring, The New York Daily News reports.

And last fall, USA Today noted the blue nail polish Johnny Depp wore to the premiere of his movie, "Rum Diary" -- which just so happened to match his shirt and handkerchief. We're not going to call this a "metrosexual" trend, because that term feels so dated.

But it does seem like fashion-forward guys are finally embracing nail polish -- and even, ironically, managing to look more manly as a result. Our only concern ... looks like there's going to be a much longer wait at the nail salon. Do you think guys should wear nail polish? Or does it look too "girlie" for your taste?

• Lisa 2012/02/18 02:17:35
    No, never
    Lisa
    +10
    Next thing you know the new style for women will be growing beards bearded lady

• Forbiddenangel18 2012/02/20 16:51:05
    Sure, why not?
    Forbiddenangel18
    +2
    Guys just want to express a sense of fashion. Everyone deserves to express the way they feel or colors that they like. So what if guys wear nail polish, they're not making every guy wear nail polish.
  • gaylehelen 2012/02/20 16:45:38
    No, never
    gaylehelen
    +2
    I don't like it at all, but if a man decides to wear nail polish, be prepared for a barrage of insults. Dark colors aren't as bad, but nail polish on men is just not for me.
  • lucky 2012/02/20 16:43:08
    No, never
    lucky
    +2
    Not around me
  • jere.ch... lucky 2012/02/20 18:03:03
    jere.chievres
    +1
    Amen to that!!
  • zombiek... lucky 2012/02/20 20:02:29
    zombiekitten87
    +1
    Why, are you allergic?
  • lucky zombiek... 2012/02/21 13:32:27
    lucky
    Im allergic to men who try to dress like woman.
  • Aly Hart lucky 2012/02/20 23:17:42
    Aly Hart
    +1
    What are you going to do about it?
  • lucky Aly Hart 2012/02/21 13:36:49
    lucky
    The same thing that I did when my oldest daughters boyfriend wore it to my house. By the time I was finished telling him what I thought about it, he swore off nail polish for life.
  • Aly Hart lucky 2012/02/21 14:26:47
    Aly Hart
    +1
    Wow,so openminded.
  • lucky Aly Hart 2012/02/21 14:31:29
    lucky
    Open minded does not mean you have to roll over and play dead and accept everything sent your way.
  • Aly Hart lucky 2012/02/21 14:47:13
    Aly Hart
    +1
    I never said that. But you're making it sound like he came over with hard drugs and weapons. It's only paint, and it's not permanent. Relax...
  • lucky Aly Hart 2012/02/21 16:59:56
    lucky
    Anyone welcomed into my home knows what I expect before hand, if they dont want to play by my rules they can take themselves somewhere else.
  • Jamie lucky 2012/02/21 16:08:16
    Jamie
    +1
    Men wearing nail polish is very much like men wearing earrings, and tattoos, but it is much less permanent and it is fun and expressive because you can easily change it. It is important to remember that most high-fashion was invented by men and was worn by men in the days of our forefathers. This conversation about men wearing nail polish reminds me of the conversation in the 70′s regarding men wearing earrings which is now quite commonplace with even many NFL players wearing earrings. Men have very limited forms of self expression. On the other hand, women have been borrowing from men’s fashion for years. Additionally, when a man adopts an item from women’s fashion, a lot of folks immediately cry foul. Why the double standard? Fashion is fun and should be enjoyed by everyone and a person’s sexuality should not be judged because of their fashion choice as they are usually not related. Please look at men wearing nail polish with an open-mind. Women have been adopting from men’s fashion for many years and now men are beginning to reciprocate because many men are tired of the fashion prison that has been created for them. These men should be respected for being bold enough to try a fashion that was typically associated with women. I do agree with you that men’s nail polish is not...
    Men wearing nail polish is very much like men wearing earrings, and tattoos, but it is much less permanent and it is fun and expressive because you can easily change it. It is important to remember that most high-fashion was invented by men and was worn by men in the days of our forefathers. This conversation about men wearing nail polish reminds me of the conversation in the 70′s regarding men wearing earrings which is now quite commonplace with even many NFL players wearing earrings. Men have very limited forms of self expression. On the other hand, women have been borrowing from men’s fashion for years. Additionally, when a man adopts an item from women’s fashion, a lot of folks immediately cry foul. Why the double standard? Fashion is fun and should be enjoyed by everyone and a person’s sexuality should not be judged because of their fashion choice as they are usually not related. Please look at men wearing nail polish with an open-mind. Women have been adopting from men’s fashion for many years and now men are beginning to reciprocate because many men are tired of the fashion prison that has been created for them. These men should be respected for being bold enough to try a fashion that was typically associated with women. I do agree with you that men’s nail polish is not needed and also believe that men should not be limited regarding colors. If we insist on imposing limits on men’s expression, then maybe women should also go back to the days of June Cleaver and dress very feminine at all times by wearing high-heels and frilly dresses rather than items adopted from male fashion such as men’s shirts, masculine clunky boots, pants, blue jeans, men’s underwear (they call them boy shorts), men’s watches, and the list goes on and on. It is disrespectful and absurd to impose gender limitations on self expression. Please open your minds rather than being judgmental. Respectfully, Jamie
  • lucky Jamie 2012/02/21 17:04:21
    lucky
    Dont care about fashion, men should not wear colored nail polish and If they do I dont want to be around them and in my home I get to make the rules.
  • Kevin 2012/02/20 16:34:31
    No, never
    Kevin
    +1
    Only fairies and chicks wear nail polish. I'm guessing he's a fairy.
  • Jay Bee Kevin 2012/02/20 16:37:41
    Jay Bee
    +2
    And I'm guessing you're a...
  • Jamie Kevin 2012/02/21 16:08:34
    Jamie
    +1
  • jule-sy 2012/02/20 16:33:15
    Sure, why not?
    jule-sy
    +1
    To me it looks too girly but seems we are in the days where anything goes !
    Then we all get used to seeing it once it becomes "the norm."
  • Kevin jule-sy 2012/02/20 16:35:14
    Kevin
    +2
    Looks too girly??? It IS girly!!!!
  • jule-sy Kevin 2012/02/20 16:38:35
    jule-sy
    +2
    Yep but you know Hollywood!!! =D

The first time I saw that on guys it was black polish and now all these other colors are beginning to show! =D
  • gayle jule-sy 2012/02/20 17:19:21
    gayle
    +1
    I doubt this will be the norm when hetero men realize that women hate it.
  • jule-sy gayle 2012/02/20 20:09:18
    jule-sy
    That's for sure!
  • Ms Saturn 2012/02/20 16:32:22
    No, never
    Ms Saturn
    +2
    If you're a heterosexual man no you should not be wearing nail polish.
  • Aly Hart Ms Saturn 2012/02/20 23:19:05
    Aly Hart
    +1
    Why not? It's not a crime.
  • randi 2012/02/20 16:28:04
    Only dark colors
    randi
    +1
    My boyfriend occasionally wears black or dark purple no biggie
  • Kevin randi 2012/02/20 16:36:13
    Kevin
    I wouldn't admit that.
  • Aly Hart Kevin 2012/02/20 23:20:41
    Aly Hart
    +2
    Because you care too much about what other people would think/say, and can't form your own thoughts aside from what society says people "should" be/look like.
  • Ameera 2012/02/20 16:25:08
    No, never
    Ameera
    +2
    hell no!
  • mikeyavelli 2012/02/20 16:24:19
    No, never
    mikeyavelli
    +1
    like tattoos, they make a statement. but unlike tattoos, painted nails scream femininity. ain't gonna catch on with beer swiggin wimmen lovin guys.
  • Jamie mikeyav... 2012/02/21 16:09:07
    Jamie
  • mikeyav... Jamie 2012/02/21 17:02:42
    mikeyavelli
    i agree with you, but nail polish in colors has been a woman only style for years. i am all for the colorful preening of men, i try to be as colorful as i can withoout jeopardizing my personality. it's like wearing a feminine perfume.
  • Luke 2012/02/20 16:19:13
    No, never
    Luke
    +2
    Good Grief Lucy!!!!!! I'm a guy.... not a girl.... Why would I want my nails painted???? Men's nails should have remnants of car oil/grease on them not polish......
  • Gimmedap 2012/02/20 16:18:49
    Sure, why not?
    Gimmedap
    +1
    Not a big fan of the colors, but a clear coat is fine. And take care of those feet too!
  • Risa 2012/02/20 16:15:41
    Sure, why not?
    Risa
    +2
    I've seen guys who don't look half-bad in nail polish. >3>
  • Kevin Risa 2012/02/20 16:37:36
    Kevin
    +1
    And you're part of why our society has decayed.
  • Jay Bee Kevin 2012/02/20 16:43:38
    Jay Bee
    +2
    Yea, it's nail polish. It's not uneven distribution of wealth, corporate greed, unfair taxation or unregulated pharmaceutical companies. It's nail polish.
  • Risa Kevin 2012/02/20 21:17:45
    Risa
    +1
    'Cuz nail polish is srs bsns.
  • Pistol Pete 2012/02/20 16:13:42
    Sure, why not?
    Pistol Pete
    +2
    Yes, absolutely. SISSIE guys should wear nail polish. And, one of those small shoulder bags, or even a fanny pack, worn in front.

And, MASCULINE females should wear Lumbermen's shirts.

All other males and females should dress the heterosexual part.

Mr. Jessica Alba and Seal are just "beards" for their woman. You know, like Oprah Winfrey's "Beard" husband, Stedman Graham.
  • Gimmedap Pistol ... 2012/02/20 16:21:44
    Gimmedap
    That is silly.
  • Kevin Gimmedap 2012/02/20 16:38:35
    Kevin
    More like the truth.

2014/07/31 19:44:20