Jay-Z Says Blue Ivy Will Probably Be the Most 'Spoiled Little Kid Ever': Agree or Disagree?

Beyonce may have something to say about this ... Jay-Z has gone on record saying his infant daughter Blue Ivy is going to be terribly spoiled.

"I imagine I'll take things I learned from my mom and things I've learned from raising my nephews and apply that," the rapper says on "Oprah's Master Class: Special Edition." He continues, "Then at the end of the day, I just know I'll probably have the worst, spoiled little kid ever."

Hmm ... while Blue was certainly lucky to be born to wealthy, incredibly successful parents, mom Beyonce seems so down to earth that we have a feeling her daughter will turn out just fine. Plus, we have to cut Jay-Z some slack: it seems like he's just trying to have a sense of humor about himself and his famous family.

"Everyone imagines they'll be a great dad until their [kids are] teenagers. [They say], 'Get away from me, Dad. You're embarrassing me,'" he says in the clip. Do you think Blue Ivy will turn out to be a spoiled brat? Or nice like her mom?

• PM Moonage 2012/05/08 19:09:32
    PM
    +1
    Unlikely. They've tried to patent the child's name and rented the whole floor of the hospital when Beyonce gave birth. This is a big indication of what kind of parents they are going to be. There is nothing grounded of their behavior so far. This child will not know the meaning of the word "No".
  • SOUL4REAL PM 2012/05/08 21:13:20
    SOUL4REAL
    You are listening to the media,don't you know they lie too? That information your speaking of is a lie! The chief of staff said that never happened about Beyonc'e renting the whole floor for her birth. That's crazy! Beyonc'e did have a private room,she only had a body guard,that's what celebrities do. Don't you know that?
  • SOUL4REAL 2012/05/08 18:21:02
    Agree
    SOUL4REAL
    This is their first,what do you expect?? I do believe they will keep "Blue Ivy' grounded,but there's nothing to good for their first born.
  • PM SOUL4REAL 2012/05/08 19:11:14
    PM
    That's an oxymoron. "Nothing too good for my child and keeping them grounded"... That means the child with get whatever she wants whenever she wants it, and that's a far cry from being grounded.
  • SOUL4REAL PM 2012/05/08 19:40:25
    SOUL4REAL
    Being grounded is letting your child know that yes, you are our princess but you never take anything for granted. You have to be a child yourself to blow something like an oxymoron out your mouth. Once you become a parent,holla back at me. Dictionary: Grounded-to supply basic information!
  • PM SOUL4REAL 2012/05/09 19:12:19 (edited)
    PM
    I am a parent. Being grounded is also teaching values to a kid and equiping them with the ability to make good decisions, to use common sense and not be wasteful and frivolous, and that is yet to be seen by these two parents. Holla back at me once you understand this.
  • SOUL4REAL PM 2012/05/09 21:58:43
    SOUL4REAL
    Looking at Beyonc'e and Jay-z,they look like they are grounded and have make some good damn decisions. If not, I don't believe they would be where they are at,on "TOP". A person is a product of their environment and from what I can see their parents keep them grounded. If they weren't grounded they would probably be broke,like alot of celebrities.My point is they are doing ok and their child will be grounded and ok also.Your saying the same thing I said,so what is your point? I'am a parent,I couldn't tell you was a parent, blowing that dumb sh*t out your mouth you. I close my case,you have a good day!
  • PM SOUL4REAL 2012/05/10 12:16:42 (edited)
    PM
    The only one blowig dumb sh*t out of their mouth is you. If your position is so weak that you can't take someone disagreeing with you, then maybe you should stay off of public "OPINION" boards.

History is littered with entertainers who are on "TOP" today, and sleeping under a bridge the next day. Hopefully, Beyonce and Jay-Z will keep their child grounded, personally, I hope so, but only time will tell.

If you don't agree with anything I'm saying, you don't need to call it dumb sh*t. Simply state that you don't agree and give your reasons. Lastly, I don't "blow" anything out of my mouth. I speak. I speak clearly and concisely. If you don't agree, you have two choices: keep your opinion to yourself, or conduct yourself in a dignified, adult manner, and respond respectfully. I close my case, and you also have a nice day.
  • SOUL4REAL PM 2012/05/10 15:31:18
    SOUL4REAL
    Calm Down! Have you heard of "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"? Look, I'm not getting ready to feed your madness! You silence ignorance by not responding!! Have a "Happy Mother Day"!!
  • PM SOUL4REAL 2012/05/10 20:28:27 (edited)
    PM
    Yes, I have heard of freedom of speech, and nowhere in the right to freedom of speech does it state that you should conduct yourself disrespectfully, or be abusive in your choice of speech. The ability to respond is the freedom part, but HOW you respond is the "choice" part. I sense that you are a responsible person and hope that you will do the right thing. You also have a Happy Mother's Day.
  • SOUL4REAL PM 2012/05/10 21:11:30
    SOUL4REAL
    Thank You!!
  • Cat 2012/05/08 17:55:14
    Agree
    Cat
    Of course she's going to be spoiled. What celebrity kid isn't. She's probably also never going to live in the real world or be worried about being poor, without food or clothes. She could become a real spoiled brat! And also, who the heck name's their kid Blue! For goodness sake!
  • Ms.Scorpio 2012/05/08 17:09:03
    Agree
    Ms.Scorpio
    +2
    She is probably going to be another Suri Cruise. SMH!!!!!
  • RyanHayes 2012/05/08 17:01:24
    Agree
    RyanHayes
    +1
    Of course she's going to be spoiled. Her parents are frickin Jay Z and Beyoncé. They are seriously loaded with money. They'll spoil her with stuff and love also. I hope she becomes a kind person as she grows up. :)
  • QuietChallenge 2012/05/08 17:00:24
    Disagree
    QuietChallenge
    Gifts and/or "too much attention" don't spoil kids.

What spoils kids--in fact ruins them for life--is *not* being expected to help with housework, yard work, wash the car, help Gramps and Granny, babysit--AND get as good grades as they are capable of.

If parents and grandparents reward a kid who gives nothing back, they'll begin to think there will always be some handout for them.

Some break that thought pattern when parental support goes away. Some just substitute a government or expect their employer to shoulder the burden of their support.

Teach work, hard work.
  • jackie QuietCh... 2012/05/08 17:11:59
    jackie
    "If parents and grandparents reward a kid who gives nothing back, they'll begin to think there will always be some handout for them. " yea so gifts kind of does spoil the kids. plus they are rich people, they dont even clean their own house. the kid is probably going to be spoiled, and mean. but it doesnt matter.
  • turtledove123 2012/05/08 16:51:00
    Agree
    turtledove123
    I agree that Blue, and every child should be as spoiled as they can possibly be. All children deserve all the love that they can handle. Yes, they are rich, but I really think he is talking about loving his child to no end.
  • boiyaza 2012/05/08 16:45:34
    Disagree
    boiyaza
    I would give my child everything make them happu because that a good parent does
  • stadium status 2012/05/08 16:26:33
    Agree
    stadium status
    duh combined her parents net worth a billion dollars
  • kepowell 2012/05/08 16:20:40
    Agree
    kepowell
    Yes she's gonna be spoiled and doted on by her parents and every other person in their loop and beyond. Hopefully she will be sweet and spoiled, not a brat and spoiled. That will depend on her personality which her parents can't control. Good luck!
  • FatherLiberty 2012/05/08 16:14:07
    Agree
    FatherLiberty
    Will she be spoiled or "nice like her mom"? You dont know Beyonce. Most of these celebrities are not nice people if you are around them. Ask their stylists, make-up artists etc.
  • cageaikenz 2012/05/08 16:00:35
    Agree
    cageaikenz
    Why not , i wuld certainly be if i was in her shoes
  • Nikki Zoe Salamander 2012/05/08 15:55:53
    Agree
    Nikki Zoe Salamander
    they have so much money to spend and they dont have any other kids.
  • Soms Cougli 2012/05/08 15:47:41
    Agree
    Soms Cougli
    With parents like that, why not?
    But also, I hope they keep her humble, and she isn't a spoilt brat. Having things when yo ask is one thing, but gloating and being shallow and materialistic about it is another thing entirely. So here's hoping they teach her to be appreciative as well.
  • Green Living Guy 2012/05/08 15:41:52
    Agree
    duh??
  • Wyveryx 2012/05/08 15:41:01
    Agree
    Wyveryx
    However, the sad part is they say spoiled like it's a good thing.

it should read:
    " "Then at the end of the day, I just know I'll probably have the worst, spoiled little *brat* ever."
  • rah-rah 2012/05/08 15:30:44
    Agree
    rah-rah
    YES she will be *Sigh*
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/05/08 15:25:49
    Agree
    Margaret Jacobson
    I know ............DADDYS" LITTLE GIRL.............I WAS ONE TOO !!!!
  • Shae 2012/05/08 14:52:02
    Agree
    Shae
    Every daddy says that about his daughter.
  • cin Shae 2012/05/08 16:01:00
    cin
    Not all of em /: lol
  • Shae cin 2012/05/08 17:32:19
    Shae
    That's why there is a difference between a father and a daddy.
  • MorganRae 2012/05/08 14:29:43
    Agree
    MorganRae
    Yes, and she'll be a rich, spoiled, pretentious little snobby brat. She won't be raised with humility, that's for sure.
  • antonio 2012/05/08 13:49:27 (edited)
    Agree
    antonio
    i give her till age 16 till shes pregnant
  • SundayStoleYourCookieDough 2012/05/08 13:49:25
    Agree
    SundayStoleYourCookieDough
    But that doesn't mean she'll end up bratty o3o
  • Kigan 2012/05/08 13:46:14
    Agree
    Kigan
    +1
    Plenty of parents say that.

And the difference is they have the money to actually do it.

Plus, spoiled on the money and fame of your parents seems to be the current trend out there.
  • Tiah 2012/05/08 12:55:08
    Disagree
    Tiah
    I'm pretty sure Suri Cruise is the most spoilt Child ever!
  • LaiLaiHart 2012/05/08 12:37:48
    Agree
    LaiLaiHart
    a little bit of both, nut im sure beyonce will keep her grounded.
  • Disagree
    Jersey Roze ♥Jwon's Cyar'ika ♥
    I doubt she will be the most spoiled kid ever, but spoiled she will be. I don't see anything wrong with her parents providing for her. They worked hard for it. As long as Blue Ivy has morals and a good attitude, which her parents have to help develop, she'll be spoiled, but she won't be a brat...
  • Wanderer 2012/05/08 11:05:25
    Agree
    Wanderer
    +1
    Meh,why not? doesn't everyone like to spoil their kids.
  • sweet silver 2012/05/08 10:34:27
    Disagree
    sweet silver
    BEYONCE CAN SING AND JAY-Z CAN RAP THEIR CHILD WILL BE NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL BUT MULTI TALENTED AND I BET WHEN SHE GROWS UP SHE WILL WORK HARD FOR HER MONEY JUST LIKE HER PARENT'S DID .

BEYONCE CONCERT

JAY Z CONCERT

2014/11/26 00:28:39