It's 4/20 Today: Are You For or Against the Legalization of Marijuana?

The Big Question 2012/04/20 08:00:00
Related Topics: Marijuana

• sundance 2012/04/20 08:49:20
    For
    sundance
    +22
    Yes, I am for the legalization of Marijuana. Now, a lot of you will ask why. Well, for starters, I am completely against the idea of a hundred thousand plus people in prison over a plant that any moron can grow in his back yard. I am real tired of paying their bills, and supporting a system that precipitates this kind of non-sense. I am for legalizing Marijuana, because it does have (proven, regardless of what he FDA says) incredible medicinal qualities. I am also for the legalization on a more pragmatic front. Legalize marijuana, and you starve a major artery of illicit activity, all based on (and supported by) illicit Marijuana profits (remember the hundred thousand in prison?). I am also in support of legalization, simply because I am tired of seeing the smoke and mirrors show, that is the drug war. Its a plant. It cannot kill you, nor can you die from it. Can the same thing be honestly said for "any other drug" you can think of? The list of killers would include alcohol, prescription drugs (abused more than any other type of drug, by the way), Heroin, cocaine, Meth etc etc. Wake up folks, and realize that its a plant. You can cook with and season food with it. One of its native cousins makes some of the best rope and clothing (Hemp) on earth. Marijuana relieves the sufferi...
    Yes, I am for the legalization of Marijuana. Now, a lot of you will ask why. Well, for starters, I am completely against the idea of a hundred thousand plus people in prison over a plant that any moron can grow in his back yard. I am real tired of paying their bills, and supporting a system that precipitates this kind of non-sense. I am for legalizing Marijuana, because it does have (proven, regardless of what he FDA says) incredible medicinal qualities. I am also for the legalization on a more pragmatic front. Legalize marijuana, and you starve a major artery of illicit activity, all based on (and supported by) illicit Marijuana profits (remember the hundred thousand in prison?). I am also in support of legalization, simply because I am tired of seeing the smoke and mirrors show, that is the drug war. Its a plant. It cannot kill you, nor can you die from it. Can the same thing be honestly said for "any other drug" you can think of? The list of killers would include alcohol, prescription drugs (abused more than any other type of drug, by the way), Heroin, cocaine, Meth etc etc. Wake up folks, and realize that its a plant. You can cook with and season food with it. One of its native cousins makes some of the best rope and clothing (Hemp) on earth. Marijuana relieves the suffering of millions. Calms the urge to barf your guts out when treated with Chemo drugs. Marijuana has been found to have more medicinal uses than I care to type. Oh, did I mention that it grows wild in nearly every climate on Earth? One more time, for those in the cheap seats... Its a plant folks...Just a thought....

• zeldamaster17~平和 2013/11/14 03:00:43
    For
    zeldamaster17~平和
    Getting high I am not for, but the problem is: do these people have the same issue with aspirin? It has qualities that go way beyond simple aspirin and close-minded idiots. I don't think you should smoke it because, well, I hate being around high people and will usually get into fights with them, but that's really a nonissue when people are gonna use it anyway and there are about a billion other uses for the plant than a quick happy feeling for idiots.
  • Maize and blue 2012/09/17 17:22:21
    For
    Maize and blue
    listen to reefer madness from kottonmouthkings
  • nolaphile 2012/05/22 19:49:07 (edited)
    For
    nolaphile
    I do not partake but I am convinced legalizing and taxing it would be a boon to states like Cali.
  • johnnyg 2012/04/24 20:48:03
    For
    johnnyg
    It is a plant. Plants should be legal.
  • JayLynx 2012/04/24 20:15:10
    For
    JayLynx
    +1
    I don't use, but I vote for ...
  • Shanra 2012/04/24 19:46:39
    For
    Shanra
    I don't particularly care either way, but why not?
  • Zammo 2012/04/24 17:54:35 (edited)
    For
    Zammo
    +1
    Today and every day! It just enables real criminals to make more money and turns ordinary people into "criminals."
  • explorer1618 2012/04/24 17:36:31
    For
    explorer1618
    +1
    "I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
    Odds are against it but maybe americans will get tired of flushing 7 billion a year to stop the un-stoppable !
  • Wag 2012/04/24 16:11:51
    For
    Wag
    +1
    just make it legal......
  • turtledove123 2012/04/24 15:53:42
    For
    turtledove123
    +1
    Legalize it!
  • Mopvyzo 2012/04/24 15:49:39
    For
    Mopvyzo
    +1
    The government needs to stop being jerks and legalize it.
  • Ozymandias 2012/04/24 01:38:38
  • LindaM 2012/04/23 16:56:02
    For
    LindaM
    Sure would put a crimp in the drug dealers business.
  • kepowell 2012/04/23 16:50:52
    For
    kepowell
    oh yes absolutely 100% legalize it. I am legal in california but i have to say I have an illness to get it. Kinda ridiculas and everyone knows that. Its a plant. Its a blessing. Legalize it.
  • Batman 2012/04/23 01:10:14
    For
    Batman
    for private in your house only.
  • killernick~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/23 00:17:45
    For
    killernick~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Regulate it like alcohol ....
  • layla.geldhof 2012/04/22 23:13:05
    For
    layla.geldhof
    Its a herb and pure natural and I know a lot of people who were experimenting in the eighties with hard drugs and those people did not survive there addiction or are still struggling to have a normal life and to smoke a joint is something that is creating harmony and peace instead of agression and violence and the harm alcohol and drugs do its nothing and to give people jail for some weed no cant understand that people dont say live and let live because stoners are people you never get into a fight with ...nothing against it so stop the crap and look at the real dangers in this society and all the people who have cancer or other chronical pain could feel much better with this instead of heavy medication so yes it has to be clear that this is not something that is giving people cold turkey or make them sick !
  • lm1b2 2012/04/22 16:01:24
    For
    lm1b2
    +1
    Should have been legalized years ago,law enforcement makes hugh amounts of money by not legalizing it,thats why its still illegal!
  • BlackSouth 2012/04/22 15:44:28
    For
    BlackSouth
    +2
    grow it, Tax it. 17 billion dollar a year saved. No more drug smuggling. Renewable energy and manufacturing source.
  • Pops 2012/04/22 06:21:33
    For
    Pops
    +2
    I think marijuana should replace alcohol reversing what is legal and not legal.
  • Alex(: 2012/04/22 05:12:20
    For
    Alex(:
    People are going to do it one way or another. You might as well just get over it and move on with your life. However, I think you should still be ticketed if you are driving or disturbing others under the influence.
  • Nekosarethebest 2012/04/21 22:30:08
    Against
    Nekosarethebest
    ...
  • syl 2012/04/21 19:04:17
    Against
    syl
    Like I said... why bother? People do what they want anyway..
  • kepowell syl 2012/04/23 16:51:57
    kepowell
    Bother so that we won't be supporting the prison systems which are housing lots of people jailed for marijuana charges.
  • syl kepowell 2012/04/23 18:20:16
    syl
    good point, although we'll, unfortunately, be supporting the prison systems anyway.

The law will do what it wants anyway, too, I think, regardless of the people.
  • Roy 2012/04/21 16:36:55
    For
    Roy
    +1
    FINALLY, people are starting to wake up to the FACTS about Cannabis. But more importantly, hopefully people are understanding, as Ron Paul pointed out, that the consumption of ANYTHING is a decision meant for THE CONSUMER. It's called PERSONAL FREEDOM, something that seems to be in decline now more than ever. You don't want to do something? (((DON'T))), It's just that simple and there are already laws against doing things like driving or operating heavy machinery under the influence as well as each businesses right to screen and drug test their employees...SO HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE???

I'll tell you why, the same reason why ultra corporate wealth is destroying us from the inside out in all facets of our economy and culture. Not only is Cannabis less harmful(not harmful really AT ALL)than alcohol and tobacco, it is a pain reliever and a CURE FOR CANCER. As well as a natural alternative to MANY (((BIG PHARMA $$$$$DRUGS$$$$$.))) Coupled with the FACT that hemp would replace almost ALL of the products we depend on everyday you have a MAJOR threat to mostly toxic, destructive and wasteful industries that have been pilfering, killing, causing disease and destroying our environment since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Just ask DUPONT, that made sure to block hemp and manufacture propaganda way back in the forties because hemp fiber was a huge threat to there plastics industry.

FREE THE WEED, FREE THE PEOPLE.
  • KaylaE 2012/04/21 14:16:48 (edited)
    For
    KaylaE
    I believe it should be, as somebody who used to smoke I know that their are a lot of false 'thoughts' about how it actually impairs your judgement. I always knew what I was doing, how I was doing it, where I was doing it and for the most part I always remembered the things I did afterwards too While when I drink I don't remember everything, I could pass out where ever, not know exactly what I'm doing or why I'm doing it and I can't walk/run. However I do also believe that their are some people who should/can smoke and some who shouldn't/can't smoke. The people who probably shouldn't are the people who get really lazy and just don't feel like doing anything while high, so they don't, and the people who can are the people who may not feel like doing anything but get up and do it anyways because they know they need too high or not (I quit because I was the lazy high person and I can't be like that with a young child, and I did quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant)
  • Prophet 2012/04/21 11:57:42
    Against
    Prophet
    +1
    I really do not think that we need to add to the alcohol problem which is for the most part a physical addiction causing enough destruction on the highways and in the homes by legalizing a drug which causes a psychological addiction which will bring on many of the same problems.
  • Jack th... Prophet 2012/04/23 05:01:01
    Jack the Dude
    Weed will not be a problem. Plus you cant die from weed.

You CAN NOT GET A PSYCHOLOGICAL ADDICTION, you want to get high, not "I NEED WEED FOR MY LIFE!!!"
  • zeldama... Jack th... 2013/11/14 03:03:36
    zeldamaster17~平和
    Actually you can get a psychologically addicted to virtually anything, especially things that make you feel good.
  • caius madison 2012/04/21 07:37:45
    For
    caius madison
    +2
    I see no reason to not legalize it. Most of what the government lists as evidence that it is harmful is a lie, a part-truth. The Amsterdam govt. has refuted much of the "evidence" our govt.still lies about, and with the invention of the vaporizer, now the carcinogenic smoke factor has been removed. It has also been proven that it helps detuer cancerous cells. I do not smoke this stuff, nut I used to, and must say that it's a wonder as to why this is still illegal. By the way, it was made illegal because it was the drug of choice for a certain ethnic group.
  • zebsmom 2012/04/21 06:43:06
    For
    zebsmom
    +1
    Interestingly enough, in CA, it seemed that it's status as a major [illegal] cash crop is what kept it legal. If it were legalized, there would be far less profit involved.
    Sort of says something, to me anyway.
    It's only common sense to make it legal. It's far less damaging than alcohol, and would lose its status as a gateway drug if it weren't purchased from drug dealers.
  • firebird 2012/04/21 05:00:43
    Against
    firebird
    +1
    I am against anyone driving , raising kids, making serious decisions and in the work place that is under the influence....
  • Roy firebird 2012/04/21 16:48:52
    Roy
    You obviously have no clue about how the law works, and even if cannabis was legal those laws(the issues you mentioned)would still be in place. Driving under the influence of anything altering brain function will never change. Raising kids is a DECISION just like everything you consume, kids are a buzzkill most of the time anyways--WHO WOULD ((WANT)) TO BE HIGH?? Businesses have the right to test/screen for whatever they want. And I'm glad you brought up DECISION MAKING since that is what this is all about after all, it's REAL sad that you are more comfortable with a tyrranical govt making decisions FOR supposedy educated informed adults LIKE YOURSELF instead of all of us being able to decide the time and place for whatever we CHOOSE to consume.

So your vote "against" is little more than a vote against the personal freedom for people to make personal choices. And besdies all the obvious reasons why it should be legal, guess what all the countries that have legalized have less of: CRIME.
  • beach bum 2012/04/21 03:58:00
    For
    beach bum
    if they did legalize it...they possibly might not need medications for some people re pills
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/04/21 03:55:45
    For
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    politicians make alot of dumb laws... like you can go to war at 18 and die for your country but they don't trust you to drink beer or buy cigarettes. same with this law, something that can cause recklessness, alcohol poisining and death is on the open market yet a substance with no proven risk is banned.
  • Crime Time 2012/04/21 03:54:02
  • Gregaj7 2012/04/21 02:55:24
    For
    I'm totally against ANY regulation of it.
  • rknothead 2012/04/21 02:48:57
    Against
    rknothead
    +1
    We can't really handle alcohol...do we really need another feel good legal drug??
  • Jack th... rknothead 2012/04/23 05:01:59
    Jack the Dude
    Alcohol makes u puke, drive and kill people, and pass out. Weed can just make you pass out.

2014/11/21 19:19:17