It Could Happen To You. This Is One Of The Saddest Stories I've Ever Heard. Will It Change Your Mind?

Deborah 2012/05/22 02:16:35
Yes, It Changed My Mind About Same Sex Marriage
No I Think It's Wrong
I agree they should have some rights, just not marriage
I really understood his pain
tOM BRIDEGROOM

One of my nieces brought this video to my attention because she was so very affected by it. Same sex marriage is a very controversial subject right now, and no matter what your personal feelings are about it, Love is Love. This attached video moved my heart and allowed me to see that this is an issue, that no matter what a person feels, it is not going to go away. When you have built a life together there are certain rights that you should have no matter your sexual orientation. Hopefully this video will leave a positive impact in your heart as it did in mine. Please watch in it's entirety. If you have nothing decent or respectful to say, please don't comment at all. Express your feelings, but with out name calling and Gay Bashing. tOM BRIDEGROOM

• ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2012/05/22 02:50:41
    I really understood his pain
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +9
    I heard him loud and clear.

How could Tom's family be so cruel? I will never understand.

Tears fall from my eyes and they allay my fears.

I will stand up for human rights and love.

human rights gay rights

• rossco 2012/06/04 09:09:45
    rossco
    +2
    so sorry.thats so bad.parents are crap
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/30 17:27:11
    I really understood his pain
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +2
    GAY'S SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FIGHT FOR EQUAL RIGHTS!!!! THEY ARE THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE AND RIGHTS SHOULD APPLY TO GAYS JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE!!!!

I have had this happen to some of my friends and it so WRONG!!!! It is so CRUEL!!
    JUSTICE IS NOT FAIR! LAWS ARE NOT FAIR! IT IS TIME TO CHANGE AND GIVE GAYS BACK THEIR EQUAL RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

The video was a beautiful documentary of two people in love and sharing their lives together and was torn apart by death. His parents were so wrong and it does make me mad and sad that this happens way to often to gay couples.
    gay couple in love
  • Luxxie 2012/05/23 12:02:59
    I really understood his pain
    Luxxie
    +3
    It saddens me how people can be so hurtful and mean towards gay people. It's pathetic how homophobes think they have the right to meddle in other's lives. Everyone has the right to love, period !
  • The emotechno prince 2012/05/22 18:18:02
    The emotechno prince
    +6
    I would like to have the same rights as every one else.
  • Deborah The emo... 2012/05/22 20:11:41
    Deborah
    +2
    Absloutely
  • elijahin24 2012/05/22 18:11:19
    elijahin24
    +4
    I was already on board.
    str8 don t h8
  • Deborah elijahin24 2012/05/22 20:12:07
    Deborah
    +2
    So am I.
  • Reach130 2012/05/22 17:59:53
    Reach130
    +4
    It didn't change my mind... I support gay marriage. Homosexuals are not different to heterosexuals or bisexuals or... (you get the idea)
  • Deborah Reach130 2012/05/22 20:12:41
    Deborah
    +1
    I get it.
  • Gloria 2012/05/22 11:40:26
    I really understood his pain
    Gloria
    +4
    It's very sad that people can't mind their own business. Love is love even if others outside the relationship don't get it.
  • Deborah Gloria 2012/05/22 12:00:59
    Deborah
    +3
    Very true.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/05/22 06:44:18
    I really understood his pain
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +6
    I know that pain all too well.
  • Deborah Chris- ... 2012/05/22 09:02:20
    Deborah
    +3
    So sorry about that.
  • Chris- ... Deborah 2012/05/22 15:31:13
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    No one gets through live untouched. That's something every person has in common. We all have scars.
    I spend a lot of time on this site arguing about law and religion and equal rights, blah, blah, blah...
    It's good to remember what it's all about.
    Thanks for posting this Deborah. :-)
  • Deborah Chris- ... 2012/05/22 20:13:31
    Deborah
    +3
    You are very welcome
  • Ms.Gamlieli 2012/05/22 05:36:45
    I really understood his pain
    Ms.Gamlieli
    +4
    I strongly support the view that the Bible has regarding this topic but it did hit a nerve reading this story. Even though I have different beliefs about the same sex marriage, I still have a lot of respect for the gay community. They go through a lot during their lives and I have seen this to be true. I have a best friend who I been friends with since I was 12 years old and I have seen her go through challenges because of her sexual orientation. so although I have different beliefs about this topic, I would just like to express my respect for the gay community.
  • Deborah Ms.Gaml... 2012/05/22 06:09:22
    Deborah
    +1
    My sentiments exactly, very well said.
  • bagoshi 2012/05/22 03:54:05
    bagoshi
    +6
    I have not changed my mind at all. I have always believed in equality and equal rights for all people.

I cannot believe in the hateful and reprehensible behavior of Tom's family. I would have attended the funeral with a police escort is need be. I would have let the entire family know that he was the love of my life and not allowed them to destroy the last time I would ever have to say my last farewell.
  • Deborah bagoshi 2012/05/22 06:10:01
    Deborah
    +3
    Absolutely
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2012/05/22 03:28:38
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +6
    It didn't change my mind. I already believe that gay people should have all the same rights as straight people.

I really want to smack Tom's parents!
  • Deborah fairief... 2012/05/22 06:10:42
    Deborah
    +2
    Ditto, they were very insensitive.
    I really understood his pain
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +9
    I heard him loud and clear.

human rights gay rights
  • Deborah ♚Littlɘ... 2012/05/22 03:03:52
    Deborah
    +2
    I understand.
  • Kashee 2012/05/22 02:45:26
    I really understood his pain
    Kashee
    +4
    I really understand his pain. Their story is not unusual either.
    I am the mother of a gay son. He's found himself in relationships with men whose parents hate my son and their own children because they are gay.
    My son was taught to love himself exactly as God made him. He's an emotionally stable, thriving young gay man. God made him perfect.
    I cried the whole way through this video. This is only one of many horrible stories of what happens to gay children and how their lives are destroyed.
    They were a beautiful couple exactly as they were. I am so sad this happened to them.
    Hopefully someone out there will read this and change their thinking about people who are different than themselves.
    Deborah, thank you so much for posting this.
  • Deborah Kashee 2012/05/22 02:50:30
    Deborah
    +1
    Oh you are so welcome, I'm so glad your son is comfortable in his own skin. I have some gay members in my own family as well, so I understand the pain they suffer when they are not excepted.
  • Willie Kashee 2012/05/22 19:49:09
    Willie
    +3
    You are awesome.
  • Kashee Willie 2012/05/22 19:54:14
    Kashee
    +3
    Willie, thank you for the compliment. Sometimes when I bare my soul like this, people attack me. Not only do they attack me here, but they will go on to my mail and attack me.
    I appreciate your support.
  • Pete 2012/05/22 02:34:20
    Pete
    +1
    No matter what they going through or what their feeling are the saddest part is when they face Judgment Day. I just hope they are prepare for that day...................... PBWY
  • Deborah Pete 2012/05/22 03:01:23
    Deborah
    +2
    I am a christian as well, so I understand what you are saying, but the fact remains, they are living their lives as they choose. Is it right for us to add to their pain? We are not their judge and jury. Those how oppose their life styles are not changing how they feel. So regardless of how you feel, if they have built a life together they should be allowed to enjoy what they have.
  • bagoshi Deborah 2012/05/22 03:55:52
    bagoshi
    +2
    Homosexuality is NOT a choice. I never chose to be heterosexual.
  • Deborah bagoshi 2012/05/22 06:13:42
    Deborah
    +2
    I don't think I said it was??? I said they are living their lives as they choose. Meaning they are not trying to fit into one else's ideas of who they think they should be.
  • Pete Deborah 2012/05/22 12:42:47
    Pete
    +1
    Telling them the truth is not pain. As a Christian is it our duty to warns them of the consequences they will face if they don't repent not according to us but according to God. Yes, you're right we are not their Judge but they will face one when that day come. Sure they can enjoy their life. However, the question now become, are they doing it according to God will? You answer that question and than decide.......................... PBWY
  • Willie Pete 2012/05/22 19:50:51
    Willie
    +1
    If it's your Christian duty to warn them, it's you Christian duty to warn all sinners. Which means it's your Christian duty to warn everyone, including yourself. That would keep you very busy.

I suggest you make sure you have removed the mote from your own eye before you go trying to help someone else with the speck in theirs.
  • Pete Willie 2012/05/23 02:31:28
    Pete
    +1
    My Lord already removed the mote from my eyes and now I can see those that need more help than myself. Jesus didn't came here just to save those who are sinner He came to save those who are lost as well. I try to warn as many as they come accordingly of course................... PBWY
  • flaca BN-0 2012/05/22 02:20:31
    I really understood his pain
    flaca BN-0
    +5
    I was at the deathbed of a gay man who had been with his male partner for 42 YEARS.
    (how many heteros can boast that long?) They were fairly wealthy. They had wills to kingdom come. But despite that, the survivor was not allowed to take on the mortgage even though he was the one who paid it for decades.
  • Big Han... flaca BN-0 2012/05/22 02:25:16 (edited)
    Big Hand -  LIttle Hand
    +1
    "(how many heteros can boast that long?)"

My parents (52), my wife's parents (48), my grandparents (61 and 45), my wife's grandparents (64 and 52). We have been married 19 years next month.

Big difference is none would have boasted about doing what was supposed to be done until death did they part.
  • Deborah Big Han... 2012/05/22 02:30:58
    Deborah
    +1
    Well these two were fairly young and maybe they would have eventually gotten around to doing what needed to be done.
  • Big Han... Deborah 2012/05/22 02:34:11
    Big Hand -  LIttle Hand
    +1
    I was addressing flaca's question about how many heteros can boast that long concerning her experience. No reference to the video. Point was that both my wife and I have examples to go by and none ever boasted about being married that long as it was was they pledge to each other when they got married.
  • flaca BN-0 Big Han... 2012/05/22 02:32:24
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    so you are claiming that most hetero relationships last that long? Statistics prove you are wrong.
  • Big Han... flaca BN-0 2012/05/22 02:36:21 (edited)
    Big Hand -  LIttle Hand
    Never made that claim except for the examples I posted. I also have many more I could provide within my family. In fact, I can't recall but one marriage in my immediate family that involved divorce and it was because my cousin's wife cheated on him.

Are you claiming that most homo relationships last that long?

2014/07/29 21:01:53