Isanything wrong with teaching your kid to fight back at school ,if there being attack by another kid?

skull 2009/10/16 14:55:19

• jones 2011/05/06 00:01:12 (edited)
    jones
    +1
    well in my kids school if u get bullied even by 3 other kids, even if they hit u first, if u fight back my kid will also get suspended which i feel is wrong cus we need to teach our kids to defend themselves. my girl today got suspended for 5 days for protecting herself. she had told a teacher earlier in the day that 2 other girls wanted to fight her and they just told them not to and to leave her alone. when my daughter went to the restroom the other 2 girls went inside after her and started to telling her to fight. my kid told them no and the other girls socked her on her arm and face and she socked one of the girls back. they also had another girl blocking the doorway so she doesnt leave the restroom. well she and the other 2 girls got suspended. i.m.o. this is not right. help. need advice
  • thessa 2009/10/17 15:27:38
    thessa
    +1
    Yes there is. I dont want my kids to learn its okay to fight someone. And thankfully they know better than that.
  • skull thessa 2009/10/17 16:40:04
    skull
    So are they allowed to protect themself ?
  • thessa skull 2009/10/17 16:42:24
    thessa
    +1
    No one hurts them.
  • skull thessa 2009/10/17 16:53:05
    skull
    You scare me.
  • thessa skull 2009/10/17 16:56:32
    thessa
    You arent making any sense...lol
    The only reason someone would bother or mess with another child is if they didnt like them or was trying to hurt their feelings. My kids are well liked. Apparently you dont have the same good fortune?
  • skull thessa 2009/10/17 17:00:18
    skull
    My daughter a A student , Her sister was class presidant and now in the Air force. You are the one who do not make any sense look at the votes . lol..
  • thessa skull 2009/10/17 17:05:09
    thessa
    +1
    Then why are u asking this question if your child isnt having a problem? Makes NO sense.
  • skull thessa 2009/10/17 17:14:43
    skull
    If you would have read little more you would see I talk about what happened ..Anyway it all good . Thessa.
  • thessa skull 2009/10/17 17:17:00
    thessa
    +1
    I guess you dont want to tell me? Sorry i have alot of other questions right now than to read EVERYTHING you post. I thought you wanted an answer so i gave you one.
  • jones thessa 2011/05/06 00:04:01
    jones
    +2
    the key phrase was.....if there being attack by another kid?... so let me ask u this..what would YOU do if 2 other persons came up to you and just started pushing you and hitting you for no reason.?
  • turtledove123 2009/10/16 22:43:15
    turtledove123
    +1
    I taught my older son to walk away, and be the bigger person. Well, that didnt last too long. He got picked on enough, and he knew that I didnt like fighting, and he tried to walk away, and one day he said that he felt like just killing himself. I made him get out of my car and go fight the kid who was picking with him. I never tried to do that again. I teach my kids to not hit anyone first. They are to never start a fight, or pick on anyone. If someone touches them in violence, then they are to open the can!
  • Follow The Money 2009/10/16 18:52:56
    Follow The Money
    +3
    No.
    I taught my son to defend himself...not to be a bully, but if threatened or battered, to kick ass & take names.
  • SaudiPete 2009/10/16 18:41:45
    SaudiPete
    +2
    We have run into this..
    I have taught my children how to throw a good punch, where to punch, and also left them know that if ever they were the one to start the fight... life at home was going to get pretty rough (Very Large wood pile that needs to be moved about 10 feet away... one piece at a time and stacked neatly!!!) NOTE: This wood pile may be moved repeatedly for starting fights...we have never had any of our 4 kids need to move it more than once....!!!

I have also taught my daughters how to fight off an attacker... things I wish someone had taught me before I was raped at 17 years old.... I went for a groin shot to try to get away... my attacker laughed, said it felt good and proceeded on his attack.... I don't want my daughters to ever be victims!!! My son either for that matter... some of the girls now are as aggressive as nasty guys!!
    felt proceeded attack daughters victims son girls aggressive nasty guys
  • skull SaudiPete 2009/10/16 19:56:10 (edited)
    skull
    +2
    Thanks homeboy , I am from Wisconsin to lol.. Well said. The problem is my kid do know how to fight ,hooks , jabs , upper cut, and combinations lol.. I do not want her to hurt someone.
  • SaudiPete skull 2009/10/16 23:10:49
    SaudiPete
    +1
    The first tool I tell my kids to use is their mouths to DEFUSE the situation...
    you can always escalate, but it's very hard to back down!
    My kids also know how to fight and where to make those hits count...
    but they also know that there are limits as to what is acceptable!
    Being able to fight is a tool to be used only to keep them safe...
    and is to be used only in an emergency.

In middle school, a boy went off.... Threw a punch at one kid with braces, knocked out 4 teeth, broke off several more, cut the kids lip through and braces were just hanging... my daughter went over and told him to calm down, knock it off... the response was to hit another kid, this time a girl with braces again... this time the hit was not solid, and just knocked a lot of wires loose, Abby then stepped between the kid who was on a hitting rampage and these kids who were bloody and this boy went after her.... she weaved from the punch at the last second and came in with a right upper cut into his solar plexus..... one hit and it was GAME OVER!!!
    The kid was out of commission long enough for the teachers to get him under control... HE was dealt with through the school. The kids Abby protected stood up for her and she faced no action. The principal did tell her that if she ever used her knowledge of fighting in...
    and is to be used only in an emergency.

The kid was out of commission long enough for the teachers to get him under control... HE was dealt with through the school. The kids Abby protected stood up for her and she faced no action. The principal did tell her that if she ever used her knowledge of fighting in a bad way... she would have to answer to her (the principal)! Abby told her, Mrs. L, you'll only get what's left of me after my Mom's done!!!
    I have to admit, this principal is very cool, and listens to what is going on. The school board has not tied her hands and dictated rules of actions to her. There are M.S. rules and guidelines, but Mrs. L is trusted to make decisions on individual basis.
  • skull SaudiPete 2009/10/17 01:28:23
    skull
    +1
    I know you were very proud that day . lol.. Anyway think for the Food for thought.
  • 2_cents_worth 2009/10/16 17:16:43
    2_cents_worth
    +1
    Not NO but HELL NO!! If one kid starts it the other kid is well within their rights to finish it!! I know we are doing our best to raise a generation of pussies but self defense should never be looked at as wrong!!
  • Denise 2009/10/16 17:00:03
    Denise
    +3
    My parents always told me to never throw the first punch, but if they hit me first, all bets are off.

Administrators in schools are beyond idealist when it comes to these things. If I hadn't fought back when I was younger, I would have been beaten to a pulp. It only took one solid jaw connection to end that nonsense. The school suspended me for fighting back. My mom bought me ice cream. :)

Give your daughter a hug. You can't change the policies, but good people disobey bad rules.
    +2
    It's best that kids do something other than be pushed around by bullies. If you don't fight back it won't stop. Hit first, hit hard, hit again if you have no other choice.
  • muisette 2009/10/16 15:52:21
    muisette
    +3
    well if they are getting beat up yes but if its just remarks then no
  • Sam 2009/10/16 15:30:36 (edited)
    Sam
    +3
    I want my daughter to try to protect herself from anyone that is harming her. Whether it is a another kid or an adult. I have always told her to speak up and tell people how she feels if she don't than they may think it is okay to continue, and if she tells them to stop and they don't then protect herself by kicking, hitting, or whatever she can do. I do not want her to be a bully, but I do not want her to be a push over either.
  • RamblingVoices. 2009/10/16 15:02:05
    RamblingVoices.
    +3
    i have always told my kids if anyone hits you then you hit them back, i cant bear bullies
  • Ramblin... Ramblin... 2009/10/16 15:02:27
    RamblingVoices.
    +2
    lol @ the karate kid pic
  • skull Ramblin... 2009/10/16 15:08:15
    skull
    +2
    I agree , but teachers at my kid school say no . My daughter was hit by a kid and she hit them back . She told the teacher that what her parent told her to do , but the teacher say just cover yourself from be hurt . lol.
  • Ramblin... skull 2009/10/16 15:36:59
    RamblingVoices.
    +3
    and thats why there are so many bullies in schools... :/

2014/10/21 18:38:58