Is wearing school uniforms that boring?

chi 2008/08/29 20:39:55
it's a disater
no it's great

• *~Amelie~* 2008/08/29 21:41:56 (edited)
    *~Amelie~*
    +4
    I've never been to a school without a uniform so I don't really have any comparison (I live in UK and have done most of my school life). I think that it helps in the fact that people aren't competing all the time seeing who has the latest designer outfits or the most expensive bag etc like they do on mufti days. (In case you don't know, mufti/rag days are where we get to go to school in our own clothes for the day and usually pay £1 towards a selected charity to do it). it makes things so much easier in the mornings because you don't have to decide what to wear or how to do your hair or what make up to put on etc etc because it's all decided for you. I liked having a uniform because it meant that I could ruin it eg in art or in the playground when i was younger and not have to worry about my own clothes. It's also a good way of separating the 'school you' from the 'home you'. I think that it also makes people feel more 'together' around the school because everyone is on a level footing- it's a way to stop the richer kids showing that they're 'better' than the poorer kids. It also helps people work together and gives students a sense of pride that they belong to School X rather than School Y. My school had different colour ties for the different year groups so that you could still tell who the more senior members of the school were.

• XCloudPandaX 2012/01/13 03:25:13
    it's a disater
    XCloudPandaX
    i just cant wear the same thing over-and over again...
  • Nightwingrules 2009/06/16 23:25:29
    Nightwingrules
    I only like this School Uniform

undecided school uniform
  • abdhul Nightwi... 2009/06/22 08:20:24
    abdhul
    you're absolutely
    right punk.........i definately agree on you!
  • Nightwi... abdhul 2009/06/22 19:19:35
    Nightwingrules
    thanks
  • Shelly 2009/03/04 22:15:53
    no it's great
    Shelly
    +1
    I loved wearing uniform. It saved so much time in my morning from deciding what to wear. Plus I really learned how to accessorize and express myself through the garments I was allowed to choose, like socks, tights, jewelry, and hair accessories.
  • Sara 2009/02/23 14:59:44
    Sara
    idk ? I go in school in Denmark, and we dont have to wear it :D so idk if its a disaster, but i may think i would ! LOL
  • bri bri *sexy ninja's* 2009/02/15 05:19:46
    it's a disater
    bri bri *sexy ninja's*
    they dont allow us to express ourselves. thts not right
  • bree 2009/02/15 03:05:41
    it's a disater
    bree
    Ughhh!!! i hate them it seems like schools just pick the Ugliest colors in the whole freaking world to be your uniform colors! It pisses me off!...
    My colors are hunter green and maroon! They don't even match! Its Horrible!
  • Clementine 2009/02/09 12:58:21
    definately boring
    Clementine
    we have just summer uniforms.
    which is a t.shirt in any color we like and the school little symbol next to our right shoulder .
    It's boring as hell.
    of course i'll prefer to express myself,but it's bearable.
  • kinda
    ♥ Angelic Laughter ♥ In God we still trust ♥
    They're okay. I designed a few pages of what I think would be cute uniforms. My daughter loved them! They aren't as ugly as the catholic ones used to be. It could be worse.
  • 30ksyls 2009/01/18 04:31:11
    it's a disater
    30ksyls
    I hate uniforms!!! There stuiped!!! Whats the point!!! I'm glad I dont have to wear them
  • lilasianbitch123 2009/01/15 02:36:08
    it's a disater
    lilasianbitch123
    itz stupid to wear school uniform like nobody follows the school code i dont even wear my school uniform
  • Decahedron~~The Frozen Flame ♂ 2009/01/14 03:26:09 (edited)
    kinda
    Decahedron~~The Frozen Flame ♂
    Kinda hot. - well for closer to my age anyway
  • Carl 2008/12/29 15:05:44
    Carl
    i went to a private school nd i wasn't thrilled w/ wearing uniforms. but they dont take away from your individuality. the red sox, lakers, cowboys, redskins, steelers, ect...wear uniforms. does that take away from who they are?? i dont thinks so, their skills and personality distinguish them.
    even if you do have to wear a uniform there are usually alot of variations on the same uniform (ex. different colored shirts and skirts/pants). you can also wear your hair however you want or pick shoes that express your personality, or wear a wristband or necklace. this is common sense people.
    if you think about it there are some good things about uniforms: you dont have to worry about have the latest nd greatest clothes. you wil also have extra money left over from not spending money on alot of diff. outfits for school. then you can buy a new ipod or something (idk wut u want to buy)
    im not saying "LETS ALL WEAR UNIFORMS. WOOHOO!" no. not at all. im just saying that uniforms are not as bad as you would think.
  • pink bambi ~ In Muse I Trust ~ 2008/12/18 12:07:09 (edited)
    no it's great
    pink bambi ~ In Muse I Trust ~
    +3
    I hate the excuse of 'you can't express yourself.'

Well I'm going to say what I have said many times before, you must have a pretty lousy personality if the only way you can express yourself is through your clothes. God forbid you go out with your friends outside of school and wear what you want or, shock horror, you do your hair the way you want!

School uniforms cut down bullying because of differences in fashion and creates unity within schools. I love them.

And if you think it may be to hot for them, well try wearing stockings and a blazer in 30-35 degree heat will full humidity and we'll see how you complain...
  • flojoe 2008/12/15 21:31:55
    it's a disater
    flojoe
    +1
    If my school got uniforms I would drop out!!! that's how bad it is :)
  • Shelly flojoe 2009/03/04 22:22:20
    Shelly
    +1
    or simply that's how shallow you are
  • flojoe Shelly 2009/03/06 03:12:22
    flojoe
    Or maybe that's how bad it is. Gosh rude!!! sorry if you can't match and need uniforms to help! it's not your fault don't be sad :( gosh rude match uniforms fault sad
  • αℓεxα (: 2008/12/14 18:12:58
    it's a disater
    αℓεxα (:
    Luckily near where I live you would have to drive about 100 miles before you could find a school that wears uniforms. I am so thankful because I love to wear what I want and I think it helps teens distinguish themselves among one another. =)
  • Paperclips_Rule 2008/12/13 20:50:16
    kinda
    Paperclips_Rule
    I don't wear them, but I sorta wish we did. It'd be great if kids didn't show off their awesome, new clothes. Idk, I guess it'd be kinda bad though, to have to wear the same thing everyday.
  • KatieK 2008/12/13 14:07:37 (edited)
    definately boring
    KatieK
    I've never had to wear uniforms but I love clothes. Some people really don't care what they wear and for them, school uniforms work. On the other hand, me and so many other people use their creativity on their clothes. I just wouldn't feel comfortable in most school uniforms and I would feel like people aren't seeing the whole me.
    Students wouldn't be teased for their clothes if everyone had uniforms, sure. BUT, they would be teased for other things like their voice, their weight, their hair, or whatever. Clothes can't equalize everyone. Something will always be "better" about the "in crowd".
  • The heartless 2008/12/13 12:24:58
    kinda
    The heartless
    +2
    I think wearing a school uniform is a good idea because when you wake up each day you know what you have to wear for school and there is no "what outfit will i wear today" problem. Not only that by wearing a school uniform you are wearing what every other student is wearing so there is no need to have the pressure on you to wear the latest fashion to school. and wearing trendy clothes everyday to school would cost a fortune...i hated free dress days because i always had to buy a new outfit so i would fit in with all the other kids at school...even though school uniform looks boring..i would rather wear that than other clothes....
  • Michelle2005 2008/12/13 04:18:11
    no it's great
    Michelle2005
    +3
    I went to a private girls school all the way through high school. Uniforms were required. I thought they were great. The look of the uniform was very professional and I really liked it. The hats were in the style of a beret.

Michelle high school uniforms required uniform professional hats style beret michelle
  • Jenna_Marie 2008/12/01 00:15:11
    Jenna_Marie
    +1
    i wore them for years, and really didn't think they were boring. my school was public so the uniforms werent provided. everyone had to buy their own. so despite the fact that all shirts were the same color and all pants/skirts were long and khaki, brand names varied. the typical "im better than you because i wear expensive clothes" thing still existed.
  • Conor 2008/11/25 23:44:27
    no it's great
    Conor
    +1
    ive never been to a school that has to but i would love it they need to make all schools wear uniforms
  • ACN 2008/10/14 02:41:23
  • :)SuperGirl(: 2008/09/24 01:41:15
    it's a disater
    :)SuperGirl(:
    i would hate 2 have them
  • Sarahxrocksxo 2008/09/09 21:40:33 (edited)
    Sarahxrocksxo
    +3
    I love the ideas of school uniforms actually because at my school if you don't dress in the "trendy" clothes, you're not cool. I'm lucky enough to have friends that accept me not for what I wear, but how I act. Unfortunately, there are kids in my school who are made fun of because of what they were. If we all wear like clothing (it doesn't have to all be the same) just like a white polo and chakis for guys and and either the same thing for girls or a skirt (not a mini skirt)

wear clothing white polo chakis guys girls skirt mini skirt wear clothing white polo chakis guys girls skirt mini skirt

ALSO for all of you who say that if they put uniforms in schools it would take away the ability to express yourselves, you're worng. Kids can still express themselves even if they're all wearing the same thing! It's called a PERSONALITY! And everyone wearing the same clothes would give people more time to focus on what people acct like, not just ther clothing. Uniforms also make it alot easier in the morning because you're not taking forever to pick out an outfit or do your hair or makeup a certain way, because It's already decided for you. PLUS you save tons of money because you only need a few uniforms for school, you don;t need to go shopping for new clothes every month.
    *~Amelie~*
    +4
  • **French Kiss** 2008/08/29 21:19:10
    it's a disater
    **French Kiss**
    +1
    we cant express ourselves
  • RawrRawrBaby-Alpha 2008/08/29 20:47:12
    it's a disater
    RawrRawrBaby-Alpha
    Its suposed to keep everyone equal...But it goves us no way to be ourselves plus we all look like clones, I used to have to wear uniform when i was in England, now I live in France i wear what i want, makes me so much happier!
  • Shelly RawrRaw... 2009/03/04 22:20:02
    Shelly
    +1
    Just cuz you wear a similar outfit doesn't mean you have to act like clones. Learn to stand out for who you are, not who you're wearing.
  • RawrRaw... Shelly 2009/03/06 17:30:13
    RawrRawrBaby-Alpha
    Ok, i get your point but seriously, we had to have all natumal hait coloyrs, no nail varnish, hair in a bobble and the bobble had to be silmple black or blue, white socks. No hairbands, all black shoes etc
  • Seth 2008/08/29 20:43:32
    it's a disater
    Seth
    +1
    dude, the made us wear it in my sophmore year of high school. it sucked. Being in Miami and not being able to wear shorts and flip flops SUCK>
  • Shelly Seth 2009/03/04 22:20:39
    Shelly
    +1
    Flip flops aren't allowed in most schools even the ones without uniforms.
  • spanky♥ 2008/08/29 20:41:58
    it's a disater
    spanky♥
    +3
    it sucks because you cant express yourself. thats the reason i moved to a diff school =D lol
  • abdhul spanky♥ 2009/06/22 08:23:09
    abdhul
    to express your self more....better don't wear anything at all...........

2014/10/22 06:31:20