Is this what the Republican has come to.

elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard 2012/08/20 09:01:28
Related Topics: tell
Yes, please tell why.
No, he is alone. please tell why

• Jeremiah 2012/08/20 16:29:20
    Jeremiah
    +14
    Let's hope he is not typical of Republicans everywhere, but his kind of rhetoric is similar to what I have heard at Tea Party rallies.

This is the first time I have heard the term "legitimate rape," as if a woman really wants to be assaulted and violated. I guess this proves there are still men who have no clue when the subject is women's and victims' rights.

I supposed this will win him votes among the feeble-minded rednecks.

• Jane 2012/08/23 02:02:37
    Yes, please tell why.
    Jane
    +1
    religion
  • HillaryLover 2012/08/23 00:13:15
    HillaryLover
    +1
    There are extreme wing idiots on both sides - right and left. A**holes like Akin should be ignored. He's not worth our discussion.
  • elptrek... Hillary... 2012/08/23 05:52:08
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    He is not the only one, Paul Ryan cosponsor a bill to redefine rape.
  • bigfoot Hillary... 2012/08/23 15:36:03
    bigfoot
    +1
    Please Stop with the" there are Extreme Wing Idiots on both sides" thinking.It sounds noble and intelligent, but these RWNJs are on the brink of overthrowing your government and imposing their way of life on you.How can you ignore him,when he is introducing legislation in Congress effecting the lives of millions of American women? He is very much worth discussion,when his views represent the very views and thinking of the Republican Party and their candidates for Pres.and V.P.
  • Queen B 2012/08/22 20:46:34
    Yes, please tell why.
    Queen B
    +5
    When Reagan climbed in bed with the religious reich, it was a slippery slope and here is the result 30 years later.
  • elptrek... Queen B 2012/08/22 21:14:23
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    When the Koch brothers took over the tea party, the bottom fell out.
  • Queen B elptrek... 2012/08/22 21:24:00
    Queen B
    +2
    It helped speed up the process at any rate.
  • bigfoot 2012/08/22 20:32:00
    Yes, please tell why.
    bigfoot
    +4
    Your post is decades late.Just a few names to refresh your memory.I will assume you know them and their beliefs. Richard Nixon,Jessie Helms,Strom Thurman,Rev.Fallwell,Tom DeLay,Silent Majority,Swift Boaters,Ralph Reed,NRA,Ronald Reagan,All members of the Lunatic Fringe thinking RWNJs of the 1970's thru the 80's.The Mention of their name generated a smile to Laughter.Sen.Goldwater Conservatism was as far as the American brain could tolerate.Anything beyond that degree of Conservative thinking,was justification for the Looney Bin.And they have been proven Right.
  • elptrek... bigfoot 2012/08/22 20:47:35
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    They were not as bad as these tea party people.
  • bigfoot elptrek... 2012/08/22 21:12:19
    bigfoot
    +1
    I understand your point.However,I disagree.Because all had established their reputation in the main stream of society,it required interested and reasonably intelligent individuals to accept the possibility that these supposed educated people believed and repeated this obvious nonsense.It is this same mind set of disbelief displayed by the electorate today.How is it possible Twenty First Century Educated RWNJs could in anyone's wildest imagination believe the Nonsense and Illogical Thinking of the Tea Baggers? Half the country does.The individuals named should have been committed to the Rubber Room.Your reluctance to agree,proves my point.
  • elptrek... bigfoot 2012/08/22 21:19:41
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    When the Koch brothers took over the tea party, the bottom fell out. You cannot teach RWNJS what they do not want to learn, they will do what they have recently done and rewrite history, plus reject science.
  • bigfoot elptrek... 2012/08/24 21:11:19
    bigfoot
    +1
    We are on the same side.No need for us to continue.keep up the good fight.
  • elptrek... bigfoot 2012/08/24 21:12:48
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    Agree.
  • goblue1968 bigfoot 2012/08/25 13:20:49
    goblue1968
    You posted quite an interesting list of names, bigfoot. But I wouldn't include Nixon in a list of RWNJs, since he was about the most left-wing Republican around during his heyday (I remember his disastrous wage and price controls, launching the EPA, embracing Communists--all things that left-wingers love).
  • bigfoot goblue1968 2012/08/25 15:38:46
    bigfoot
    you must have your Nixons a little mixed up.Tricky Dick earned his reputation by hunting communist.No matter.Every Sane human being is to the Left of todays RWNJS.The mere idea that anyone could call Tricky Dick anything but a Conservative,speaks for itself.
  • goblue1968 bigfoot 2012/08/25 18:41:51
    goblue1968
    Your last post puts your ignorance on display for all to read (either that or you didn't bother to read my last post). The examples which I cited of his activities while President are all examples of left-wing policies and don't come anywhere near to being conservative. You better go do some homework about the meaning of the word conservative before you go posting any more ignorant uses of that word.

Your communist hunting reference pertains to his work way before anybody knew who he was prior to his Eisenhower VP days.
  • bigfoot goblue1968 2012/08/25 20:47:49
    bigfoot
    Whoa! Whoa! You are far too free with language that will come back to bite you.You in typical Conservative style insert just enough truth to make it seem like you know what your talking about.First of all Nixon was very well known for his Investigation into the Chambers and Hiss Spy Trials.He was also well known for his Anti-Union Views and Leadership role investigating unions.The initiatives you state were contrary to his Political Conservative Philosophy.Faced with a choice of the highly probable loss of the Presidency with a faultering economy and inflation rate if he followed blindly the Conservative Philosophy,he countered with your stated programs.That hardly disqualifies him as a Conservative.Furthermore,his forte was Foreign Policy.
  • goblue1968 bigfoot 2012/08/26 19:12:33
    goblue1968
    What language will come back to bite me? And I warned you before about your neglecting to read my posts. I told you in my last post that Nixon's commie-hunting work was before he became famous as Eisenhower's VP. That's the Chambers/Hiss scandal timeframe. Then, the programs for which he is most noted for as President were all left-wingers' dreams come true! That is what is known as 180 degrees from conservative principles. And then, you throw in the non sequitur "his forte was Foreign Policy", which has nothing to do with what this thread was discussing, which is United States domestic society issues.
  • bigfoot goblue1968 2012/08/26 19:19:45
    bigfoot
    If some how your comment soths your ego be my guest.To continue this nonsense is not worth the energy.I voted for Kennedy.
  • Muhamma... goblue1968 2012/09/04 03:37:33
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    Even today Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan Talk about Nixon, like a six year old talks about Superman. Nixon was "severely" Conservative.
  • Muhamma... goblue1968 2012/09/04 03:32:17
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    Do you remember Witch hunts and blacklisting Of the Senate Committee for UN-American Activates? Sen.Joesph McCarthy's reign of terror? Nixon and McCarthy both were two of the biggest communist hunters during the Red Scare, a time when it was thought that communists had infiltrated American Society
  • goblue1968 Muhamma... 2012/09/04 22:12:26
    goblue1968
    Since you replied to me in two separate replies, I will address both of them in this single reply to you.

Yes, I remember Sen. McCarthy's hearings and I spoke to Nixon's involvement during that timeframe in regards to the Chambers/Hiss scandal (see my posts above this one). That all happened before most Americans had even heard of Nixon.

After he was elected President, he did all those things while in office that are the exact opposite of conservatism and are primarily socialistic in nature: wage/price controls, founding of the Environmental Protection Agency, and embracing Communists during his visit to China. All of these actions were heartily applauded by the liberal socialists in America. I don't know what your allusion to Scarborough and Buchanan pertain to, so maybe you could enlighten me about that.
  • Muhamma... goblue1968 2012/09/05 04:11:34
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    Both Scarborough and Buchanan are hard core Conservatives I was using them to show how strong Nixon's Conservative credentials were.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/08/22 19:39:33
    Yes, please tell why.
    RogerCoppock
    +4
    Several other Republicans have said exactly the same things about rape/abortion, Social Security, minimum wage, and student loans. The current Republican Party Platform parallels Akin, too.
  • elptrek... RogerCo... 2012/08/22 20:49:29
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    That is because the tea party has taken over from the mainstream republicans.
  • RogerCo... elptrek... 2012/08/23 01:52:45 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    Probably. Maybe, a loss this election will steer the Republicans back toward political reality. I hope so. I miss the old GOP.
  • Rich 2012/08/22 17:27:15
    Yes, please tell why.
    Rich
    +3
    The loonies began to take over as far back as 1980 when Reagan became the party's leader. Since then it's been steadily downhill.
  • elptrek... Rich 2012/08/22 20:50:07
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    I agree.
  • Karen Jonsson 2012/08/22 15:17:09
    Yes, please tell why.
    Karen Jonsson
    +3
    The republicans think that they can include all of their crazy views now as they THINK Romney has bought the election for them. They are being loyal even though they do not really like their colleagues. That is why democrats should be loyal as well. I f you are a democrat then you should vote that way. What the hell is this crap where democrats are voting for these idiots? I do not know how a card carrying democrat would ever vote for a republican. To me there is no choice. The opposite of a republican is Democrat. But the opposite of christian is Mormon and that is not even something that is considered by these wingnuts. If your daughter,mother or wife has been LEGITIMATELY raped and this idiots views are ion place and we have a mormon president who doesn't believe in abortion, then are you going to bring up that baby? They want to tell your female family members that they have to carry a baby that was made during the most horrendous experience she had and will ever endure. They want to dictate what happens to her womb and her vagina! Let's just have her use a hanger and her body be found drained of blood like what happened in the past. But of course YOUR mother, sister, daughter or wife would not be LEGITIMATELY raped would they?
  • elptrek... Karen J... 2012/08/22 20:52:28
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    I do not belong to any party, they are a detriment to the country.
  • goblue1968 Karen J... 2012/08/25 13:29:10
    goblue1968
    Quite a ranting post, Karen (but your SodaHead category is "Agitator", so that figures).

And I need to correct you about your ignorance pertaining to Mormons. Mormon is not the opposite of Christian, because Mormons ARE Christians. They revere Jesus and the Holy Bible is one of their sacred texts from which they read at their church services. I attended their church for over a year and they are the nicest, most considerate, compassionate group of people that I have ever met in my life (much more than any other group of Christians with which I have associated).
  • Muhamma... goblue1968 2012/09/04 03:49:31
    Muhammad Abdulkarim
    No question they are nice people. So are Reverend Moon's followers.But they don't only use the Bible. What about the "Book of Mormon"? Joseph Smith wrote or translated it in Upstate New York. Does God live next to Kolob a fictional planet in outer space?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kolob is a star or planet described in Mormon scripture. Reference to Kolob is found in the Book of Abraham, a work published by Joseph Smith, Jr., the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement. According to this work, Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a "star",[1] it also refers to planets as stars,[2] and therefore, some LDS commentators consider Kolob to be a planet.[3]

Kolob has never been identified with any modern astronomical object and is not recognized by scholars as a concept associated with any ancient civilization. Kolob is rarely discussed in modern LDS religious contexts, but it is periodically a topic of discussion in criticism of Mormonism. The idea appears within LDS culture, including an LDS hymn about it.[4] Kolob is also the inspiration for the fictional planet Kobol within the Battlestar Galactica universe, created by Glen A. Larson, a Mormon.[5][6]
  • Cleaver62 2012/08/22 14:11:38
    Yes, please tell why.
    Cleaver62
    +2
    This is the thought processes of today's Republican party member. It is a sad to say but true. Ryan and Romney both believe the same thing however they are smart enough to keep their mouths shut. It is sad to see how really ignorant these conservatives are and depressing how you can't believe a thing they say because so far, everything they have said has been a lie.
  • elptrek... Cleaver62 2012/08/22 20:54:01
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +2
    Politicians lie, that is part of their definition.
  • TrudyGirl 2012/08/22 13:41:37
    Yes, please tell why.
    TrudyGirl
    +5
    I watched something last night that showed how many of them do not believe in global warming, have this kind of belief about abortion and other things that are really over the top with ignorance and bigotry, The numbers were high like 70% who believe this way. It is really scary that these people could get control of the country. I bet the rest of the world is LOL at our "election". I have traveled a lot and Obama was gaining respect that we had lost as a nation but I feel that we are headed back down a lot. People in other countries think we are fools because I have talked to them and asked how they looked at this country. We need to be very proactive now or we will loose out country to ignorant fools.
  • Queen B TrudyGirl 2012/08/22 20:49:47
    Queen B
    +3
    Very disturbing. Since when did willful ignorance become a point of view?
  • elptrek... TrudyGirl 2012/08/22 20:59:54
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    I think the Koch brothers are sorry that they commission a study on global warming, they didn't get the result they wanted.
  • Lefty 2012/08/22 12:34:24 (edited)
    Lefty
    +2
    The republican party has been re-defining itself since the tea party came to play with peoples rites. Even Reagan must be rolling over in his grave!. Forget about Eisenhower, he's ashamed.
  • elptrek... Lefty 2012/08/22 12:36:30
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    I agree.
  • RogerCo... elptrek... 2012/08/22 19:43:11
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    It looks like that video is from a TV show. Which show?

2014/09/21 05:45:27