Is This the Kind of Social Action We Want Our Students to Learn?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/02/25 04:09:23

About 30 students staged a boycott at Austwell-Tivoli Junior High School in Tivoli, Texas. They boycotted the school cafeteria by bringing their own lunches from home. They protested against the school-imposed menu; for more choices and healthier alternatives.

You would expect that the school authorities would react violently against the revolt. After all, in other places, food Nazis in the public confiscate lunches from home and force the student to eat nuggets and other unhealthy foods; and then send the tabs to the parents. Michelle Obama’s food fascism (“No Child’s Behind Left Alone”) is enforced zealously through the Department of Education. (Michelle Obama’s behind is obviously excluded from the program, judging by the evolution of it in the last three years.) Students who bring lunches from home, and boycott the food Nazism; why, this is such a good opportunity to bring the full force of the nutrition laws on a defenseless population. The thing deserves at least a SWAT team, if not a whole special forces division.

Strangely, though, the school authorities are happy with it, and they even commend the students for organizing the boycott. Why is that?

The answer is that the school cafeteria lunches the students protest against are actually free lunches. They are not paid by the students but by the school district, that is, by the tax payers.

So, in fact, the students are protesting for more and better free lunch. Like good little socialists. They are not protesting against being forced to eat those lunches; but that they are not given freely what they want, and more of it.

Read More: http://godfatherpolitics.com/3866/is-that-the-kind...

• Boris D. 2012/02/25 04:32:53 (edited)
    Boris D.
    +4
    The Obama administration is now giving free lunches to rich kids. It's a pilot program, but will likely go national if he is re-elected.

They say it is to reduce the stigma of getting free lunch, but nowadays everybody just swipes a lunch card and nobody is the wiser. It's not like Johnny is scraping for pennies in the lunch line.

The real reason is once all school lunches are free, they can easily impose their chosen menu upon everybody. It's just another one of the daily BS from this administration. It's hard to keep up with it all, but I often go to your questions for refreshers, Reb...

"The recent $4.5 billion expansion of the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act, which will now provide free lunches to ALL – rich and poor, needy and non-needy – of Detroit’s 65,800 public school-students.

But the program’s logic is even more insane than the price tag: The administration says it is giving rich kids free food to eliminate the shame that less-fortunate students may feel in receiving free food.

“We’ve worked very hard to reduce the stigma,” Aaron Lavallee, a U.S. Department of Agriculture spokesman,…”

“Now all students will walk through a lunch line and not have to pay,” says Mark Schrupp, Detroit Public Schools COO. “Low-income students will not be easily identifiable and will be less li...

“Now all students will walk through a lunch line and not have to pay,” says Mark Schrupp, Detroit Public Schools COO. “Low-income students will not be easily identifiable and will be less likely to skip meals.”

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/...

• LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/02/25 14:33:24
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    MARCH TO WASHINGTON, D.C.!
    HE HO! HI HO! HERE WE COME!
    TO DRAIN THE SWAMP
    AND CAPTURE SNAKES
    WHO FORCE US EATING RUBBISH!!!

FOOD REVOLUTION! FOOD REVOLUTION!
    WE WON'T EAT RUBBISH!
    YOU CAN'T FORCE US!
    WE WANT YOU TO EAT IT,
    WE CAN HELP, MS MICKY O & PEE-LOUSE,
    TO SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROATS.
    TAKE IT BACK AND GIVE TAXPAYERS' REFUND!
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/02/25 14:14:24
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    IT'S NOW OR NEVER,

GRAB THE BULL BY ITS HORNS!

IT'S TIME TO START A REVOLUTION!

A FOOD REVOLUTION, CHILDREN!!!
    +3
    When I was in school .. we brought our own lunches from home because ..
    a. We could NOT AFFORD to pay for the School Lunches ..
    and ...
    b. WHO in their right mind would want to eat that MYSTERY Goo in the first place (That stuff .. the smell was foul indeed .. no one wanted to be NEAR that place anyways) ..

(and c. OUR Parents complained about their TAX Dollars going to the school to TOSS AWAY Food .. when they lived through the Great Depression and was happy to have ANYTHING At all on their plates .. and I DO mean ANY THING at all .. )

Nowadays .. OUR Tax Dollars go to the schools .. the Fed .. paying ..
    FIRST .. Food STamps (oh, that is supposed to pay for 3 meals a day for each person in the household ..

Second .. Local, State, Fed Tax Dollars go to the 'Lunch Programs' (let's just admit here .. it is at LEAST TWO Meals a day .. and it does BENEFIT Also ILLEGALS .. you know .. those who are NOT .. repeat .. NOT CITIZENS .. and those also in receipt of FOOD STAMPS too .. Double Dipping .. )

As a PARENT .. I packed my own children's lunches .. my home-prepped meals were far healthier (and I could do from scratch for cheaper than the Lunch Fee at the schools) .. plus what I prepped myself was also healthier than the Mystery Goo that just got worse (and is now reheat...

and ...

As a PARENT .. I packed my own children's lunches .. my home-prepped meals were far healthier (and I could do from scratch for cheaper than the Lunch Fee at the schools) .. plus what I prepped myself was also healthier than the Mystery Goo that just got worse (and is now reheated goo from a central kitchen trucked to the school cafe daily .. or is from the local pizza joint) ..
    And STILL It was cheaper for me to prep their lunches at home than to pay for what is in the schools ..
    And STILL There's double-dipping .. and those who are NOT CITIZENS eating off OUR TAX DOLLARS!
    (and now .. THREE meals a Day? Then why are these kiddies' parents in receipt of Food Stamps since they are NOT FEEDING AT ALL Their kiddies? )

Nanny State CRECHE needs to go away .. completely and totally.
  • Boris D. 2012/02/25 04:32:53 (edited)
    Boris D.
    +4

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/...
  • ~ The R... Boris D. 2012/02/25 05:28:02
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +4
    I find a lot on the net... Just makes me wonder what all I'm missing!?!
  • Boris D. ~ The R... 2012/02/25 08:28:33
    Boris D.
    +3
    Keep finding what you can Yankee Lady.
    I'm scared of what you don't find.
  • Steve J~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/25 04:18:42
    Steve J~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    How do they know? Did they waterboard the students to determine if they just didn't like the sh*t being served?

2014/04/17 21:35:27