Is this just about the grossest thing you've ever heard about?

Mark In Irvine 2012/06/16 01:00:13
Cooked Squid Inseminates Woman’s Mouth

cooked squid inseminates womans mouth

Here’s one not for the squeamish, from South Korea: A semi-cooked squid inseminated a woman’s mouth, according to a paper published in the Journal of Parasitology. After experiencing “severe pain in her oral cavity” when she bit into her seafood, the woman spit out her meal, but continued to feel a lingering “pricking” sensation.

Doctors found that the 63-year-old woman had “small, white spindle-shaped bug-like organisms” lodged in the mucous membrane of her tongue, cheek and gums.

Despite having been boiled, the dead squid’s live spermatophores, or sperm sacks, were alive and penetrated the woman’s mouth. The sacks, which contain ejaculatory devices, forcefully release sperm and a “cement” that attaches the sperm to a wall.

Not to worry, calamari lovers. Most Western-world squid preparation removes the squid’s internal organs, leaving only its muscle for eaters to enjoy, according to Danna Staaf, who writes the blog Squid a Day, published on Science 2.0.

Seafood, anyone?

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/06/15/cook...

• NoHandlebarsAttached 2012/06/16 05:19:15
    That's not so gross - let me tell you about something WAY grosser!
    NoHandlebarsAttached
    +1
    That's not the most disgusting thing I know of, but it's up there.
  • Mark In... NoHandl... 2012/06/16 05:22:30
    Mark In Irvine
    ah yes ... the English were (are?) extremely cruel ...
  • Arianne 2012/06/16 03:13:40
    Arianne
    +1
    According to a chinese friend there's a place in china where they saturate eggs with...pee. Like they have buckets everywhere where they can collect the pee and use it for the food.
  • Mark In... Arianne 2012/06/16 05:19:34
    Mark In Irvine
    those chinese are so funny ...
  • Nickie Ahreeya 2012/06/16 01:22:23
    Nickie Ahreeya
    +1
    People who kill dogs then put them up for sale! So people can eat them. Sick man. Poor dogs... Poor dogs
  • Mark In... Nickie ... 2012/06/16 01:27:12
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    yes i am aware of this. this is not OK in my book. then again, i am an overly-pampered westerner who can eat beef and chicken and lamb and pork and fish and turkey and all kinds of "higher" animals just about whenever i want ... some people don't have the same choices that i do.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2012/06/16 01:18:46
    Great Gawd Amighty - that is just about the grossest thing I've ever heard ab...
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
  • Shawna 2012/06/16 01:18:23
    Shawna
    +1
    Ewwwwww Mostly I am just disgusted at the idea of eating the squid with all it's inner bits.
  • Mark In... Shawna 2012/06/16 01:32:20
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    my former carpool buddy (from South Korea) took me out to eat crabs a few years back, and he ate all the gross stuff inside the crab.

i went out with Korean people from the office for "giant clams" one night, and found myself sitting at a table with a fire BBQ in the center of the table, and watching the waitress put live mollusks onto the grill.

table fire bbq center table watching waitress live mollusks grill

i was in shock for a few minutes, until the waitress pulled the mollusks out of their shells with tongs, put them back on the grill, and then I started eating them (after the waitress had cut them into bite-sized pieces) after dipping them into little bowls full of sesame oil, salt and pepper. i thought i had died and gone to heaven, it was so delicious (mostly the oil mixture).
  • Shawna Mark In... 2012/06/16 01:44:35
    Shawna
    +1
    I like squid, but I do like it without innards and cut into food shapes not still looking like a creature. I'm a wimp that way. If I eat meat I don't want it to look like an animal.

I have eaten small clams and muscles cooked but still in the shell, though I'm not really crazy about that. I have had the escargot thing-snails cooked in their shells and smothered in garlic butter. They were okay but nothing I ever felt the need to eat a second time.
    I nearly cried, when on my first trip to the east coast I was presented with a full lobster on my plate. I couldn't cope with it. I was in a restaurant and I sat there looking at it. Another patron finally came over and said, "let me help you dear" and she ripped it all apart for me.
  • Mark In... Shawna 2012/06/16 01:55:59
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    i think the only crying i do over food is either when there is no more of it, or when it is SO delicious that, as i mention above, it makes me feel as though i have died and gone to heaven ...
  • Shawna Mark In... 2012/06/16 01:58:19
    Shawna
    +1
    LOL-well I might do that too, but if I am really really hungry and faced with a whole animal that I have to dismember and eviscerate, then I cry.
  • Mark In... Shawna 2012/06/16 02:02:36
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    Understood ... i've never had to take an animal apart limb by limb. it might just be enough to turn me into a vegetarian (again; i was one in high school).
  • Shawna Mark In... 2012/06/16 02:16:26
    Shawna
    +1
    When I first went off meat, it was turkey at Christmas dinner. Then I began to find chicken disgusting with all those tendony bits.
    +1
    what would you post that?
  • Mark In... Sister ... 2012/06/16 01:20:48
    Mark In Irvine
    Ha ha ha!!! It was so strange I couldn't resist!

I know and used to work with a lot of Koreans. They eat some things that I would never have imagined eating! I learned to eat them, however, and learned that it was just fine!

We Americans (and westerners in general) have pretty narrow views about what is edible. We are spoiled, and have more than we need of so many things that aren't that great for us anyway!

Sorry if I grossed you out, Sister.
  • YourGurll<3 2012/06/16 01:08:50
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/16 01:07:56
    HarleyCharley
    +2
    thats so gross..
  • DFA 2012/06/16 01:02:11
    DFA
    +2
    Disgusting!

disgusting

2014/12/23 01:41:22