Is this funny or sad?

sarah 2012/06/07 10:21:28

I overheard my 11 year old nephew saying to his 7 year old brother, "wouldn't it be cool if dad were president, the younger brother said "no, he would stagger around The White House breaking things" My brother in law, his father drinks a lot.

I know it's concerning that at his young age he sees his father intoxicated to the point of acting a fool, but I couldn't help but laugh.

• VampFreak13 2012/06/10 04:34:32
    sad
    VampFreak13
    Children should not have to be aware of those things...they should be able to just be children... :)
  • dragonfliez 2012/06/09 00:00:23
    sad
    dragonfliez
    Obama is worse than a drunk, he is a Narcissist.
  • sarah dragonf... 2012/06/11 14:57:02
    sarah
    , so sick of people adding their fox news commentary on every question. More things in the wolrd to talk about than your hate for obama, no rave from me for this but I'm sure others with a one track mind will think your post is cute.
  • Walaa 2012/06/08 20:43:05
    Walaa
    I personally did not see my father get drunk not even once, he doesnt even drink because well I guess he saw its influence over my grandfather so I dont really know, but looking at my dad and his brother and the difference between them lets hope this effects him positively rather than negatively.
  • Timbini 2012/06/08 14:52:36
    sad
    Timbini
    It's sad because the kid is obviously embarrassed by his father's behavior and will carry the burden of that shame well into adulthood.
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2012/06/08 01:14:13
    funny and sad
    umapathy Krishnamurthy
    No comments
  • Vennie 2012/06/07 19:37:32
    funny and sad
    Vennie
    +1
    Out of the mouths of babes.
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/07 19:01:49
    funny and sad
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    My father was in the navy fighter pilot WWII, Korean war, he also was Engineer for NYC.
    There was a huge train accident, They were kicking cars down the main and did not clear the track by the time they were supposed to. They kicked the cars into the on coming train, My father gave orders for the crew to jump, they got out but the cars hit when my dad was half way out the window yelling at hi crew to be safe. He was in the Hospital for a long time, had about half dozen operation on his back.

He was in so much pain all the time, he was also on the strongest meds. He would drink a filth of Vodka a day and I never saw him drunk but once, We were at a forth of July party on the Ohio River at friends house I was 15 and a half and he was so drunk he couldn't drive home. So I had to drive, that was the first time I ever drove a car in my life.
    He had this huge Buick Wildcat with a 440engine in it. Convertible, I was scared as hell that I would wreck it. He said, look you have driven a tractor since I was 7 and you have driven motor cycles so its the same thing just bigger. We made it home safe, but thats the last time I saw him Drunk. 1965 buick convirtible wildcat
  • Professor Wizard 2012/06/07 16:16:00
    sad
    Professor Wizard
    +1
    I had an alcoholic father. who made it worse by being a career military man - - creating an alcoholic with testosterone overload.

Nothing about growing up in that environment was funny - ever.
  • caius madison 2012/06/07 15:29:10
    funny and sad
    caius madison
    Haha! Some day little dude, SodaHead is waiting.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/06/07 15:17:28
    funny and sad
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +1
    sad that he had to see that
    but kinda funny that he was able to make that observation
    funny and sad
  • stevmackey 2012/06/07 13:34:27
    funny and sad
    stevmackey
    +3
    Out of the mouths of babes!

2014/07/23 01:21:25