Is There Really No Archaeological Evidence for the Book of Mormon?

Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/04/14 04:12:34
Related Topics: America, Mystery, World, Time
I have been told by critics of the Book of Mormon that there is no archaeological evidence for the Book of Mormon.

The Book of Mormon says that a group of people came to the Americas at the time of the Tower of Babel, from Mesopotamia.

Proto-Sumerian heiroglyphics have been found in Bolivia and translated. They are found on what has been called, The
Pokotia Monolith
(also known as the Monolith of Pokotia or Pokotia Monument)

pokotia monolith

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokotia_Monolith

• Walt 2012/04/14 04:39:29
    Walt
    +3
    There is plenty of archeological evidence of all kinds of things that has not been uncovered yet. That something has or has not been revealed is not conclusive of anything.

• Cat 2012/09/30 02:56:09
    Cat
    BS
    Sumerian writing was done on clay tablets with carver styli. and looked like patterns of elongated triangles.
    This image is proto-mayan.
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/09/30 14:08:52
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    You do understand what "Proto-" means, don't you?
  • Cat Dave Sa... 2012/09/30 19:05:49
    Cat
    Yes. the form that came before. But proto forms still resemble the developed writing style. Like proto-chinese which still uses distinct characters but in pairs instead of conjoined, and still reads from top to bottom. I'm not uneducated.
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/09/30 23:15:38
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    So Hieroglyphics and Hieratic script look alike to you?
  • Cat Dave Sa... 2012/09/30 23:45:27
    Cat
    We weren't talking about Egyptian writing, why bring that up. Makes you look like a politician blowing smoke.
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/10/01 01:23:11
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    You haven't given me an example of Proto-Sumerian writing, so I was giving you a comparative example you should be familiar with.
  • Cat Dave Sa... 2012/10/01 01:29:29
    Cat
    Yes I did. Now get off my back and go have another Kool-Ade!
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/10/01 01:34:30
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    No. you didn't. You just claimed it would look like Sumerian writing.
  • Cat Dave Sa... 2012/10/01 01:40:14
    Cat
    It doesn't look anything like that tablet in the photo.
    Now go away.
    You want to believe, I can see that.
    No LDS people ever gave me reason to be angry, so I'm trying to play nice. Don't start something here.
    JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/10/01 16:09:13
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    But you claim to know what Proto-Sumerian writing looks like, but you have not shown me an example. I am willing to be instructed if you can show me you really know something.
  • Cat Dave Sa... 2012/10/02 07:41:32
    Cat
    You're morphing into a troll.
    drink your LDS Postum flavored Kool Ade and leave me alone!
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/10/02 13:53:50
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    So you are all bluster and no substance?
  • Dave Sa... Cat 2012/10/03 20:06:14
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    In the "World Almanac and Book of Facts 2010" it says, "The Sumerians used clay tablets with pictographs to keep records after 4000 bce. A cuneiform (wedge-shaped) script evolved by 3000 bce as a full syllabic alphabet."

Which means that Proto-Sumerian and Cuneiform look different even though they were used by the same civilization, just as Egyptians used hieroglyphics and heiratic script.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/19 07:39:19 (edited)
    always in trouble
    +1
    Answer something Jesus is in the Elohim, as well as God the Father,and God the Holy Spirit. satan(Jesus's"brother.") Isn't mentioned. You went to a baptist church. You weren't taught very well or you didn't listen. Satan filled your heart with half truths,and you can't tell what is truth? You think you are spiritually discerned? Don't spread your theology. You condemn people's soul to Hell. if you haven't recieved The Gift of Salvation? You will join them. Because you have not believed in The only Begotten Son of God. Not telling people about the grace of The Lord Jesus, that He died to forgive us of our sins, we should ask Him to come live in our hearts to be our Lord, and Savior. To make us children of God. Will not bode well if you miss and they miss Heaven too. All the spiritual training I mean. It won't amount to anything if you've never trusted yourself?
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/19 14:04:58
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I was taught very well in the Baptist church. Unfortunately, I was taught some things that were not true, some not even in the Bible - though the claim is that they only believe the Bible.

Satan is mentioned in Job, which is likely our oldest scripture, since he lived about the time of Abraham.

I condemn no one to hell, and you do not understand what hell is, in most cases, in the Bible. Hell is Sheol or Hades, most of the time, and that is where the spirits of all the dead go when their body dies. Gehenna is the place where the wicked go. Paradise, or Abraham's bosom is where the righteous go. In hell, we await the resurrection of our physical bodies.

If you will study and understand the use of the word "saved" in the Bible, it is almost always used in the future tense or the continuous sense of in the process of becoming saved. I have that assurance that Christ is able and will save me.

How can you tell me that I have not believed in Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God? I know that I have and that He lives and is my Lord and Savior.

You have not been taught very well what I believe.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/19 17:09:09
    always in trouble
    You are following a religion that doesn't acknowledge Jesus is the only way. They don't believe Him to be The only Begotten Son of God. They believe Jesus and satan are brothers.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/19 20:01:43
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    The Book of Mormon is subtitled, "Another Testament of Jesus Christ". Of course we teach that Jesus is the only way.

(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 3:17)

"And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent."

(Book of Mormon | Alma 38:9)

"And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness."

(Book of Mormon | Jacob 4:11)

Wherefore, beloved brethren, be reconciled unto him through the atonement of Christ, his Only Begotten Son, and ye may obtain a resurrection, according to the power of the resurrection which is in Christ, and be presented as the first-fruits of Christ unto God, having faith, and obtained a good hope of glory in him before he manifesteth himself in the flesh."

By only-begotten, it is meant that Christ is the only one begotten of God in the flesh. While we are all God's spirit children, only He was begotten in the flesh by God the Father.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/20 00:25:11 (edited)
    always in trouble
    Why don't we remember that we were in Heaven? Jesus does. Or were we on the earth? Why did Jesus have to die if we are all God's children anyway? The people who died before Jesus came to earth to die on the cross what happened to them? Your book conflicts with the Bible. John1:1-3
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/23 02:03:20 (edited)
    always in trouble
    When were you a spirit child and how did you lose your place in God's family.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/23 02:32:33
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I was born a spirit child long before I came here to gain a physical body. I did not lose my place in God's family. He loves all His children obedient or not - but there are consequences for disobedience.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/24 03:16:42
    always in trouble
    Do you remember being a spirit child?
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/24 04:08:25
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    No. Do you know how long you will live?

Time is a bubble in Eternity and we cannot see in either direction outside of that bubble without revelation.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/27 02:15:29 (edited)
    always in trouble
    Like I said before Jesus doesn't have amnesia. But we do. He knows who He was from the begining. We have don't any recollection. Funny.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/27 04:56:36
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    But He had to progress as any mortal would. He learned His identity from His mother and Father. This is also how we learn our identities.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/27 05:07:50
    always in trouble
    He was God from the begining. We are not. You can't equate Him to us or vice versa. How dare you say you are God. That's the only way to be like Him.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/27 05:16:18 (edited)
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    We are God's children. Children, if they survive and follow what their parents teach them, grow up to by like their parent.

John 10:34-38:
    Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, "I said, Ye are gods?" (Psalm 82:6) If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

If Christ had the Father in Him and we have Christ in us, then are we not the same, except for this mortal body?
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/27 13:09:48
    always in trouble
    We start out by being God's creation. Then when we ask Christ to live in our hearts, We become God's children. Heirs and joint heirs through the finished work of Christ on the cross. Get a real Bible. listen ttb.org, lwf.org. Get some foundation before you spout. You know just enough to make you dangerous to Christ and His teaching. Put the cult book down, it's warping you and everyone that sees your posts.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/27 14:42:38
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    We are not God's pets, or His robots, we are His children.

Read your Bible without the filter of your church doctrines and man's opinions.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/28 01:00:48
    always in trouble
    How about Adam. God said He formed Adam the dust of the earth.(sand). He formed Eve the same way.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/28 02:00:56
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    That was their physical bodies, not their spirits, and ever since the bodies have come from bodies born the natural way.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/28 00:54:37
    always in trouble
    You had to have. God disowned you and bought you back. Wow what a fanatsy land you live in.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/28 02:02:17
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Where does it say God disowned me? It says He loved me enough to die for me.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2012/12/28 09:56:55
    always in trouble
    If you were God's spirit child? You are already His. Jesus died for nothing.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2012/12/28 14:58:37
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    No. Jesus died to save us (because we are the Father's) from the results of our bad choices.
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2013/01/08 14:26:12
    always in trouble
    Fact you always be your parents son. Even if you are disowned by them, you have their DNA. Since we weren't born to parents as "God's spirit children." Where does the Bible say we are God's Spirit child?
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2013/01/08 17:03:42
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life; and man became a living soul."

Hebrews 12:9, "Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"

Acts 17:28-29, "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device."
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2013/01/08 14:59:33
    always in trouble
    If Jesus had not sinned? Why did God discriminate between Jesus and us. So He would die for us.
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2013/01/08 17:05:55
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Jesus did not sin. Jesus was the Father's firstborn. The Firstborn inherits a double portion (look it up).
  • always ... Dave Sa... 2013/01/13 18:29:37
    always in trouble
    You inferred that we are Gods spirit child. When was first time sin was recognized in scripture?
  • Dave Sa... always ... 2013/01/13 20:36:00
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    When Lucifer rebelled in heaven, before we came here to gain physical bodies. For those of us with physical bodies, it was in the Garden of Eden.

2014/10/24 11:27:25