Is there a "time frame" in which someone can fall in love?

tonecatastrophe 2009/07/29 19:31:53
No way! Love just happens! You can't help when you fall in love...
Well... I don't believe in love at first sight or anything, but you can fall in love at any time.
You should know your significant other for more than six months before deciding your feelings.
I just told my boyfriend that I loved him, and he proceeded to tell me that I don't love him because we haven't even known eachother for more than two months... Is that right? Because apparently... What he's trying to say is that we have to know eachother for two months for me to love him...

• Emmy 2009/07/30 23:22:18
    Emmy
    it can happen at any moment of any day when you realise that person's the one
  • BrittanyXD 2009/07/30 20:59:37
    BrittanyXD
    Love is what you feel for another person. It can happen at anytime, at first sight or maybe a little time so that you can sort your feelings. There isn't a tme frame.
  • kibanaru 2009/07/30 01:38:42
    kibanaru
    well i always though i was straight but in the end i fell in love iwth a very hot and "big" guy so blow that!!! oh wait i call first blow
  • BrittanyXD kibanaru 2009/07/30 21:01:15
    BrittanyXD
    XD lol
  • kibanaru BrittanyXD 2009/07/31 19:10:04
    kibanaru
    hehehe
  • obsessed 2009/07/29 19:50:21
    obsessed
    +1
    Love just happens....I don't know your situations, but when you get to know someone and you like all the things you find out about that person....it's hard not to love that person. There is a huge difference in loving and being IN love with someone. Only you know how you feel so don't let anyone try and tell you what you do or don't feel...

Some advice...always let the guy say he love you first...
  • tonecat... obsessed 2009/07/29 19:54:09
    tonecatastrophe
    personally... i don't believe in the "let the guy make the first move" thing... i think it's just sexist....
  • obsessed tonecat... 2009/07/29 19:56:15
    obsessed
    yeah, but what happens if a guy isn't into you like that...or he's scared that you made the first move. guys can freak out over the smallest of things...and let's face it saying I love you isn't exactly microscopic.
  • tonecat... obsessed 2009/07/29 20:06:26
    tonecatastrophe
    its not like he's some random guy i just met... lol we've been together for a little over a month, and we spend all the time he isnt at work together. i practically live with him.... lol i only come home once every other week on wednesdays because they're ghost hunter nights with the guys... lol
    point is... i told him i love him. not that i'm in love with him. he's the perfect guy.. i just had to explain to him that when you care about someone you let them know. he understands, and we moved past it. lol
  • obsessed tonecat... 2009/07/29 20:11:42
    obsessed
    lol...i think that's great. every guy...except one....that i know has freaked out about the L word...even guy friends just randomly talking about that it's weird lol.
  • tonecat... obsessed 2009/07/29 20:28:09
    tonecatastrophe
    funny thing... i've never been in love so i'm not sure when or even if i'll ever tell him i'm in love with him... i was panicing when i told him i loved him. and it's like a genuine "i will always be here and i will do anything for you no matter what" type of thing.
  • obsessed tonecat... 2009/07/29 20:29:51
    obsessed
    so it's a brotherly love type of thing? or a I'm not looking that sort of thing right now.
  • tonecat... obsessed 2009/07/29 20:50:44
    tonecatastrophe
    no it's the..... you're my boyfriend and i'll do whatever i can to make you happy....
    i have every reason to be scared to be in a relationship with him...
    but i'm still here. and i'm not scared. i'm happy to be his girlfriend and i can't wait to fall in love with him and know exactly wherer our relationship will take us...
  • Fingon Celebrindal 2009/07/29 19:45:49
    Fingon Celebrindal
    Well sometimes... you do really really act stupid... love fall love act stupid
  • Aingean 2009/07/29 19:43:34
    You should know your significant other for more than six months before decidi...
    Aingean
    +1
    I was like you at one time. If i felt strongly for someone no matter the amount of time i 'loved' them and wasnt afraid to say it. and you probably do love him. but there is a huge diffrence between loving someone and being in love with someone. Love like that takes time. My husband and ive known eachother for about 8 years. it took that long for me to be in love with him instead of just loving him. you can love anyone, like friends, family, church families and ext. but it takes alot more then that to be inlove with someone.
  • tonecat... Aingean 2009/07/29 19:53:16
    tonecatastrophe
    its a love that means that i care for him.. lol i'm in no rush to get hitched and move in with him!
  • Aingean tonecat... 2009/07/29 19:59:41
    Aingean
    exactly. explain that to him, some times guys need the little details. however if it makes him uncomfertable after you explain it to him, i would wait a little while before expressing it outload until he gets used to the idea.
  • tonecat... Aingean 2009/07/29 20:08:39
    tonecatastrophe
    done deal. he just didn't understand what i meant exactly. he's not uncomfortable with it... it just took him by surprise because the last girl he was with, it took her a lot longer to let him know how she felt. he's notused to someone with as bold of a personality as i have. :)
  • Aingean tonecat... 2009/07/30 04:23:30
    Aingean
    :) well thats good! best of luck to the both of you
  • Sting Idol 2009/07/29 19:37:00
    Sting Idol

love doesn't exist
  • tonecat... Sting Idol 2009/07/29 19:55:04
    tonecatastrophe
    i'm sorry you feel that way.
  • Sting Idol tonecat... 2009/07/29 19:57:16
    Sting Idol
    why?
  • tonecat... Sting Idol 2009/07/29 20:09:09
    tonecatastrophe
    +1
    because by saying that love doesnt exist it means you'll be alone forever. which is sad.
  • Sting Idol tonecat... 2009/07/29 20:10:53
    Sting Idol
    nope, i'm never alone; i just don't believe in love....i call it "adoration"
  • tonecat... Sting Idol 2009/07/29 20:26:16
    tonecatastrophe
    +1
    adoring someone and loving someone are two completely different things...
    you adore the captain of the football team.
    you love the guy you've put everything you can into the relationship for...
  • Sting Idol tonecat... 2009/07/29 20:28:21
    Sting Idol
    not in my world world
  • tonecat... Sting Idol 2009/07/29 20:51:19
    tonecatastrophe
    +1
    you have fun with that...

2014/10/22 06:32:37