Is the World Economy Heading Into a 'Perfect Storm'?

Daryl 2012/07/09 21:00:00
Yes, the world economy is on the verge of collapse.
No, the world economy is not on the verge of collapse.
“(The) 2013 perfect storm scenario I wrote on months ago is unfolding,” Roubini said on Twitter on Monday.

CNBC.COM reports:
"Dr. Doom" Nouriel Roubini says the "perfect storm" scenario he forecast for the global economy earlier this year is unfolding right now as growth slows in the U.S., Europe as well as China.
world economy  dr doom

Read More: http://www.cnbc.com/id/48116835

• Stephen Colbert 2012/07/09 23:57:16
    Stephen Colbert
    +22
    The funny thing about economics is that it's all made up. Think about it. Society progressed from cave men, to stone masons to urban dwellers that could make rockets to put men on the moon. All because we said a shiny rock and then a piece of paper had value. It's a funny thing economics. Funnier still is that what will send the world off a cliff and help nobody will be stock markets and treasury bonds crashing, both of which signify nothing material but are purely speculative.

Imagine an alien civilization looking at us from above. Seeing that we are ruining ourselves by placing blind trust in a system that is entirely smoke and mirrors designed to hand out incentives.

• Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/01/25 10:53:47
  • P. Sturm 2012/09/14 01:50:40
    P. Sturm
    Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye.
  • T 2012/07/16 23:17:40
    T
    +1
    China's economy doesn't seem that bad...
  • Steve Boston 2012/07/16 04:04:25
    Steve Boston
    +1
    Man the crash position 2013.
  • KAREN JAMES 2012/07/14 03:34:50
    KAREN JAMES
    +1
    Where have you been. The bottom is falling as we type.
  • Call me Mark willya? 2012/07/13 14:17:43
    Call me Mark willya?
    But it doesn't have to be. It is because the vast majority of us are greedy and stupid... Don't get upset by that, here's my meaning... Everyone wants everything they can get out of everything. Nobody is happy with what they have, If I get my new mustang then I'll want a beemer, if I get my beemer I'll want a Ferrari to go with it, and of course my garage isn't nice enough to keep it in so... I need a new house even though the one I live in is perfectly comfortable and adequate to my needs, my wants are outrunning my needs...

That's the greedy part, now for the stupid part...

We let the media, and the people that already have money, decide where we're heading. As Longstride said, economics is all made up. It's speculation and pretend. Problem is when someone says that something is happening or something is going to happen, we believe them, and then we go out and make financial choices based on that, which in turn actually causes it to happen. It's like the king's new clothes. It's only real because you believe it to be. Even though you can see he's naked, you take the word of everyone that is around him, that he's wearing fine robes because you don't want to appear foolish, only in this case they're saying he's wearing rags.

If everyone could simply make the same choices they'd have made if the guys on wall street had predicted a rising economy, it would rise. Problem is nobody will even try that because they'd look foolish.
  • Red Rage 2012/07/13 13:08:46
    Red Rage
    Yes, pay attention to Alex Jones on PrisonPlanet.tv The guy has been right about everything. Put the 'Jersey Shore' down and wake the f--- up!
  • steve b 2012/07/12 20:43:53
    steve b
    It sure is! Between Greece, Spain, Ireland and odumbo we're in deep do-do
  • APLWONK 2012/07/12 14:38:52
    APLWONK
    Not the world economy, just the U.S. economy. Too many people are out of work (and have been for a long time!) And who ever heard of keeping multiple wars going on and on when that money could be better spent improving the economy? I voted for Obama but not again. The only real candidate is Dennis Kucinich and he's not running.
  • Ramón APLWONK 2012/07/12 20:07:48
    Ramón
    Just a question? Has he done any of the high and lofty things (goals) he said he would? With Obamacare I am, without spending a dime, suddenly terribly in debt I can never pay, nor will I see benefits from it since I make too much money. Just wondering. Where is the open government we were promised? Just wondering. I am not for or against him as I am fairly apolitical, haven't voted in 4 years.
  • Pam 2012/07/12 03:50:39
    Pam
    What a horrible thought!
  • purpleme55 2012/07/12 02:20:17
    purpleme55
    +1
    I know that this is the worst time in my entire life . I wasn't this broke in my 20's!!
    I do beleive this is going to the end times, read Revelations and everything is going as planned. I'm ready to go home.
  • Small man big mouth 2012/07/12 01:45:58
    Small man big mouth
    +1
    The bible prophecy in the book of revelation states that in the end of days all world currency will be made one, the governments of the world will disarm and follow the man known as antichrist. There will be no seperate nations all will be under the new world order a.k.a. novus ordo seclorum (the new order of the ages) on the american dollar bill. Laugh if you want but there are groups moving for this system. George bush senior said this very thing in his speech
  • Magnus ... Small m... 2012/07/12 04:01:52 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Correct, though THE anti (instead of) 'christ' will not be a mere man... satan himself, de facto. Not a man of our flesh at all, if you want to get right down to the truth of it.
  • Super l... Magnus ... 2012/07/20 01:23:38
  • Magnus ... Super l... 2012/07/24 12:42:20
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Actually, Cain’s father was satan (this is why Cain is NOT found in Adam’s genealogy). Abel was Adam’s son. That was no literal snake in the garden (Revelation 12:9), nor an apple. Beguiled (expatio in the Greek) is literally “wholly SEDUCED” (and how is someone SEDUCED?), not just deceived. Cain and Abel were FRATERNAL twins, Cain was the first-born and Abel came after him and not 9 or more months after either (Eve CONTINUED in labor and bare Abel). Look up the term “Kenite” in a reputable 1890 Strongs too (the TRIBE of KAJIN or KENITE was the ‘hidden’ THIRTEENTH tribe (ever heard of "lucky 13"? That's where it came from), for their lineage was also of Abraham through Eve of Cain, but their ‘father’ is not OUR Father, but is satan – John 8:44, that was NO child of Judah Christ was speaking too! Revelation 2:9 and 3:9). The Geber (giants, men of renown i.e. Goliath) you’re talking about and which were the result of FALLEN ANGELS leaving their place of habitation to BEGUILE the daughters of men were wiped out in the flood (our Father HAD TO do this otherwise there would be no flesh that was NOT corrupted), but the Kenites were not – they are the tares (which we are commanded to leave alone because they are serving the NEGATIVE of Father’s plan to bring about the end-times, prep...

Actually, Cain’s father was satan (this is why Cain is NOT found in Adam’s genealogy). Abel was Adam’s son. That was no literal snake in the garden (Revelation 12:9), nor an apple. Beguiled (expatio in the Greek) is literally “wholly SEDUCED” (and how is someone SEDUCED?), not just deceived. Cain and Abel were FRATERNAL twins, Cain was the first-born and Abel came after him and not 9 or more months after either (Eve CONTINUED in labor and bare Abel). Look up the term “Kenite” in a reputable 1890 Strongs too (the TRIBE of KAJIN or KENITE was the ‘hidden’ THIRTEENTH tribe (ever heard of "lucky 13"? That's where it came from), for their lineage was also of Abraham through Eve of Cain, but their ‘father’ is not OUR Father, but is satan – John 8:44, that was NO child of Judah Christ was speaking too! Revelation 2:9 and 3:9). The Geber (giants, men of renown i.e. Goliath) you’re talking about and which were the result of FALLEN ANGELS leaving their place of habitation to BEGUILE the daughters of men were wiped out in the flood (our Father HAD TO do this otherwise there would be no flesh that was NOT corrupted), but the Kenites were not – they are the tares (which we are commanded to leave alone because they are serving the NEGATIVE of Father’s plan to bring about the end-times, preparing the world stage for THEIR ‘father’), sewn by the enemy SATAN himself. And the Pale horse is in fact satan, which is also ‘death’ (Hebrews 2:14). We’re not going to be dealing with him in spirit alone in some poor flesh man’s body he's possessing - no. He is coming in his own body (angels are NOT some puff of smoke and neither will we be in the eternity for that matter, God said let US make man in OUR image after all) – and he is the DESOLATOR, because he will succeed in deceiving the WHOLE WORLD that he is “christ” (the great apostasy) but he is a FAKE, this is why we are also warned many times that when people say lo, there’s christ and such THAT WE ARE NOT TO GO! BECAUSE ITS SATAN – NOT THE TRUE CHRIST! His number is 6-6-6 because that is WHEN he will come down from heaven as lightening (that fast – not through the womb of a woman at all), because that is the SIXTH SEAL, SIXTH TRUMP AND SIXTH VIAL (the true Jesus Christ will follow AFTER at the 7-7-7, and which will begin instantly the MILLENNIUM, or time of teaching). Also, have you read Ezekiel – those bronze, circular disks? They’re not Frisbee’s my friend. They’re the chariots of the angels (our Father's very throne is on such itself) and yes, satan is was and still is an angel along with the rest of them who turned away from their Father to worship –love– this little phony instead of their Father, YHVH. What's more, they REFUSED to be born in this world through woman, preferring instead to BEGUILE them and beget hybrids of them (these fallen angels are also BOUND in Heaven now to keep them from doing it again, along with satan). There is even now a war going on in Heaven, and one that satan is going to lose and be exiled from Heaven for (woe to the inhabitants of the earth) because he's coming HERE when he is kicked out, as "instead of" 'christ'!

I have no trouble understanding Father’s Word or seeking his Wisdom, friend. I’m a scholar of the Word. I wonder just how many people out there know that this world was not always as it is now, too (I guess they don't, they're all so very quick to blame YHVH for it instead of the one ACTUALLY responsible for the way it is, SATAN). We were all angels with Father once, before Lucifer rebelled and poisoned the well. He turned an entire THIRD of YHVH’s children away from him then, and rather than destroy so many of his children our Father destroyed that age (the science is NOT wrong, this world really is BILLIONS of years old, that was THEN) and he made this age as it is now so that each and every one of us could be born through woman INNOCENT of what had happened in the world than then was, so we could chose independently of whatever we’d have done then, to serve either YHVH or satan. “My children are destroyed for a LACK OF KNOWLEDGE” – and many of them shall be because they have NOT properly been taught about much of what I’ve just said (the very Key of David itself is in KNOWING who the Kenites are and what happened in the garden between Eve and SATAN). If you do not know that satan comes first CLAIMING TO BE the true Jesus Christ, and you believe him – you’re in danger of the true death, the death of your very soul. Forget this flesh, it means nothing.

I pray the spirit of Wisdom will help you to understand, too.
  • Super l... Magnus ... 2012/07/29 09:26:58
  • Magnus ... Super l... 2012/08/08 22:43:22
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    This discussion will go no further after this point and because you say I’m the one with an ego issue, yet you’re the one insinuating I’m not with YHVH, that I do not love him, that I do not get my guidance from His Holy Spirit and finally, that I’m ultimately a “fake” (and that's just the few) - and you did all of that, without even documenting your claims whatsoever, nor documenting the reasons why, to prove them through the Word itself (as I in fact had done, though only to document my reasons for teaching SCRIPTURE rather than to attempt to bear false witness against somebody else). You do, of course, realize that you have just stepped into the Father’s own role to judge me though, don’t you? A very grievous sin indeed, and that's directly from Father's Word not my own. Not that it is any of your concern, however I assure you I know Him and He knows me. There is nothing that stands between us. And nothing you or anybody else says will change that matter of fact.

But this discussion was pointless from the start, it would appear. We shall soon see just who has in fact STUDIED Father’s Word, and who hasn’t. That is, by the way, what separates the babes from the scholars of Father’s Word.

If you would rather sit on a pew to be told and spoon-fed by a mere man with HIS sermons an...

If you would rather sit on a pew to be told and spoon-fed by a mere man with HIS sermons and traditions of men, rather than to do the WORK yourself and to be fed by Father Himself, that is your business and I will leave you to it.

Know this, though. Amos 8:11 is speaking of NOW. Not the future.
  • Super l... Magnus ... 2012/08/10 10:36:38
  • N3o Small m... 2012/07/12 11:46:17
    N3o
    ... just to throw some variables: 2012 being the end of the world as depicted by the Mayans & their calendar ending, Nostradamus describing events in the future which are vague but will correlate, 2012 being the year of the dragon according to the Chinese, the 4th beast of the anti-christ metaphorically being described as a dragon, and according to the Christian Bible (somewhere) some beast will rise East of the Euphrates River (in the middle east) in the future and kill millions. China just happens to use the "dragon" as a national symbol, declared 2012 as the Year of the Dragon, they so happen to reside east of the Euphrates River, their population are over 95% non-Christians, their nation is growing in economic power and will eventually surpass the US, and Nostradamus metaphorically describes China's army rampaging through Europe and killing everyone, while there's also "prophets" on YouTube (who are causation, US citizens) describing Chinese military invading and conquering the United States starting from West, and killing everyone... The "Anti-Christ" should not always be seen as an individual, because the four beasts are actually nations or collectives. 1) French Revolution 2) Germany & the beginning of the World Wars 3) Terrorists (multi-head beast) 4) the dragon... bet...&
    ... just to throw some variables: 2012 being the end of the world as depicted by the Mayans & their calendar ending, Nostradamus describing events in the future which are vague but will correlate, 2012 being the year of the dragon according to the Chinese, the 4th beast of the anti-christ metaphorically being described as a dragon, and according to the Christian Bible (somewhere) some beast will rise East of the Euphrates River (in the middle east) in the future and kill millions. China just happens to use the "dragon" as a national symbol, declared 2012 as the Year of the Dragon, they so happen to reside east of the Euphrates River, their population are over 95% non-Christians, their nation is growing in economic power and will eventually surpass the US, and Nostradamus metaphorically describes China's army rampaging through Europe and killing everyone, while there's also "prophets" on YouTube (who are causation, US citizens) describing Chinese military invading and conquering the United States starting from West, and killing everyone... The "Anti-Christ" should not always be seen as an individual, because the four beasts are actually nations or collectives. 1) French Revolution 2) Germany & the beginning of the World Wars 3) Terrorists (multi-head beast) 4) the dragon... better known as China. The children and future children are actually the evil ones for they will be performing the assault on the world in the future. The world economy is but a footnote and how powers rise & fall.
  • Super l... Small m... 2012/07/20 01:16:18
  • Dan T. 2012/07/11 23:51:11
    Dan T.
    Get rid of Nobama and his cabinet of loooooosers.....
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/07/11 23:44:09
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    We've been smack in the eye of the storm for a while yet - there's no "heading there"... we're already there, and it's about to go bust. Watch the E.U. it in all likelihood will begin there, and through them, everywhere else. Many think it is bad now, just you wait...
  • That1Guy 2012/07/11 23:17:40
    That1Guy
    The world economy is a myth, but since we all know it's a myth and continue to use it it still evects our daily lives, but the myth is about to die. We can't avoid the fact of the myth forever and it's catching up with us. The main reason why everyone will be affected by the collapse of the myth is how much time we put into it.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/07/11 22:56:48
    Tennessee3501
    There is still time, but somebody has to do something fast!
  • Super l... Tenness... 2012/07/20 01:26:25
  • mind-pilot 2012/07/11 22:39:58
    mind-pilot
    The rich have awoken a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. The first effect will be the national power grid. They've already practiced it's vulnerability in Arizona and in New York and the rest will come. Once that is dealt with the rich will be hunted first by packs of middleclass and other( could have been) rich people who know the achiles heal of those who amassed too much money for the sake of greed. More will follow. But it will be treated like Tobacco Road......."blow it up start it over again". We won't see a bloody computer for 18 years.By then we can correct all of our errors of the past.
    They brought it on themselves. And the desertions will be phenomenal. Stay tuned. It's gonna tak a while. We will also fight the enrichened Communist Red Chinese, whom today's rich thought to empower.But there's a plan for that too.
  • JERSEYDUDE 2012/07/11 20:13:49
    JERSEYDUDE
    +1
    END THE FED
  • Ramón JERSEYDUDE 2012/07/12 20:12:48
    Ramón
    Do something about it. Go to auditthefed.com
  • Knot_Rich 2012/07/11 19:46:07
    Knot_Rich
    I guess "Yes" is the most applicable of the two, but not exactly. Not the whole world economy is on the verge of collapse, only the economies of the once leading industrial nations, i.e. Europe (well along) and the United States working hard to follow.
    This is not be accident, does anyone really believe that we've had such incredibly stupid people in power for this long/ False assumption, we've had smart people in power, but working toward a different agenda than we want to believe. We like to believe they're looking out for us but that's littel more than self deceit. All we have to do is look at the words of Maurice Strong "What if a small group of world leaders were to conclude that the principal risk to the Earth comes from the actions of the rich countries? And if the world is to survive, those rich countries would have to sign an agreement reducing their impact on the environment. Will they do it? The group's conclusion is 'no', the rich countries won't do it. They won't change. So, in order to save the planet, the group decides: Isn't the only hope for thge planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about?"
    These were his words in 1992, the same year he chaired the Rio Earth Summit, birthplace of Agenda 21...

These were his words in 1992, the same year he chaired the Rio Earth Summit, birthplace of Agenda 21. Now, who is this "group" he refers to? Well, he's a strong proponent of the United Nations, and look at the membership of the Trilateral Commission and the CFR.
    It's happening right now, what we are witnessing is a controlled collapse. It is not the members of the Trialteral Commission or the CFR or the UN who will suffer, it is the "Affluent middle class" (another Maurice Strong term for us) who are being forced to become what they consider "sustainable".
    Buckle up folks, work hard to pay off your debts and especially your homes, we ain't seen nothing yet.
  • bt sedlock 2012/07/11 19:24:18
    bt sedlock
    Let's hope that President Obama and other Socialist leaders in Europe get voted out office this November. Perhaps then things will turn around with economy in 2013.
  • JERSEYDUDE bt sedlock 2012/07/11 20:21:46 (edited)
    JERSEYDUDE
    +2
    youre delusional if you think Romney is any different or better than Obama....besides a handful of issues theyre exactly alike

========== NO OBAMNEY 2012 ==========
  • Small m... JERSEYDUDE 2012/07/12 01:58:43
    Small man big mouth
    Who said anything about romney? I don't see the poster mentioning romney. Who's delusional? U love obama admit it.
  • JERSEYDUDE Small m... 2012/07/12 20:12:14
    JERSEYDUDE
    are you not voting for the republican candidate who isnt even eligible to run for President??? who ARE YOU kidding??? i love OBama? anyone with half a brain would see "obam-ney" and know exactly where i stand but unfortunately youre only working on a quarter of a normal sized human brain
  • bt sedlock JERSEYDUDE 2012/07/14 16:11:13
    bt sedlock
    +1
    Who would you propose would be a better candidate than Obama and Romney?
  • JERSEYDUDE bt sedlock 2012/07/15 01:29:44
    JERSEYDUDE
    +1
    Dr Paul or Gary Johnson
  • bt sedlock JERSEYDUDE 2012/07/15 05:15:04
    bt sedlock
    +1
    Who is he?
  • JERSEYDUDE bt sedlock 2012/07/16 02:28:01 (edited)
    JERSEYDUDE
    +1
    are u trying to be funny
  • bt sedlock JERSEYDUDE 2012/07/16 19:13:14
    bt sedlock
    +1
    Sorry I've heard of these two men; I'm not trying to be funny.
  • JERSEYDUDE bt sedlock 2012/07/16 21:37:45

2014/04/25 07:38:59