Is the world a cruel place?

the rise and fall 2007/10/27 02:56:23
The world is cruel. The war, the intolerance...its just too much.
People are just whining! The world isnt so terrible. Sure, improvements can be made, but we're not doing too bad.
The world isnt black and white. Sometimes it is cruel, sometimes people are overreacting. (Leave a comment, please)
Is the world really a cruel, hopeless place? Or are people just whining?

• Tommy Trend 2007/10/27 03:34:08
    The world isnt black and white. Sometimes it is cruel, sometimes people are o...
    Tommy Trend
    +5
    People make up the world and they make up the world we live in. But with Multi National Corporations and Government and Governments getting bigger and bigger the question is will democracy survive. In the face of that scary term "One World Government" some people get antsy and usually point to some conspiracy theory or apocalyptic rant. Christian theology says Christ will return and some really think that time is now. I don't know. I lost faith in God and myself by trying to kill myself based in self-hatred. But I'm trying to live, trying to get back to God and church and I hope God forgives me. The world can be both scary and beautiful. It was certainly scary with the fires this week in San Diego. I'm trying to find the beauty again. Hopefully with God's help I can....

• Shonny 2009/08/04 04:57:55
    Shonny
    +1
    I am forever the optimist BUT it's hard to not see how ugly things are becoming. People are meaner, life is harder and things are scarier than ever before. It's a stark difference from even the 90s let alone the 50s and 60s. I feel so sad for the newer generation they missed a beautiful world, I think will never come back.
  • jenn 2008/09/29 17:42:48
    jenn
    It is what you make of it. That is it! It can easily be all three.
  • Gun665 2008/04/26 06:41:19
  • <--That guy 2007/11/23 18:46:27
    <--That guy
    +2
    Well, parts of the world are very cruel, and some people lead very unfortunate lives there. However, some people lead very safe and happy lives. I guess your environment and how you react to it dictates your experiences through life.
  • Celeste-o-bot 9000 2007/11/07 01:30:21
    Celeste-o-bot 9000
    +2
    It can be very cruel at times, other times it's the best thing ever! Life is just life. Sometimes we need to strap ourselves in for a long haul of crap, but soon after we can enjoy the rewards of our labor and enjoy life!
  • R 2007/10/27 19:44:14
    R
    +1
    of course, but where is another.
  • Tommy Trend 2007/10/27 03:34:08
    Tommy Trend
    +5
  • Angel41 2007/10/27 03:24:17
    Angel41
    +2
    The world is not cruel. It's some of the people in the world that are cruel and heartless.
  • Taking Rebecca to the End o... 2007/10/27 03:18:45
    Taking Rebecca to the End of the World Party.
    +3
    I believe in a thing called karma.

you have to make the most of a situation.
  • Hank 2007/10/27 03:00:13
    Hank
    +1
    Hey, it's all we got ! Enjoy it, take care of it and leave it a better place than when you arrived. I like it..a lot !
  • B4Real2Me 2007/10/27 03:00:07
    People are just whining! The world isnt so terrible. Sure, improvements can b...
    B4Real2Me
    I believe that there's still more good than bad, so I guess the world isn't that cruel but if we're not careful... it could one day become more bad as oppose to good.
  • |•••T-Rex•••|! 2007/10/27 02:58:54
    |•••T-Rex•••|!
    Of course it is! lol

2014/09/20 06:03:44