Is the truth of religion: mankind w/o help from a GOD wrote every religious text?

bob 2012/07/20 16:46:55
The truth of religion is that man wrote every religious text
The truth of religion is that GOD wrote every religious text
The truth of religion is that man can’t define GOD in any shape or form
The Truth off being spiritual is that I choose my morals and try following my own moral compass the best I can.

• Bastion 2012/07/20 17:25:28
    Bastion
    +8
    Every word of every text. Humans.
    Primitive humans, in fact.
    It's time to move on from the tyranny of the past.

• Patent1 2012/08/19 14:12:28
    Patent1
    There are no religious texts that were written by God, except maybe the ten commandments, but Moses was the only one who apparently saw them being written, so we have to take his word for it. And it apparently took a while, because after Moses went up into the mountain, the Israelites had time to build a golden calf. Maybe Moses carved the tablets himself, or had someone do it.
  • InoYamanaka 2012/08/19 04:21:00
    InoYamanaka
    Ha! Now there's one I can agree with.
    I don't think that if there was an all-perfect deity, that humans couldn't comprehend the perfection.
  • poet4justice 2012/08/19 04:14:11
    poet4justice
    this is a given
  • E.R.R.R. 2012/08/03 03:42:29 (edited)
    E.R.R.R.
    Truth & Spiruality being of utmost importance to any1 taking their short lives seroously, cannot b confided in words of other fallable men. If the Bible were 2B anythingmore than a poorly chosen conglomeration of myths & history, then 1 wuld have to accept the beliefs of the sources of those myths....ie...we were created to serve as slaves to a pantheon of twisted minded, selfish beings from another planet. I rather confine my spiritual development to the philosophy fpund in Buddhidm. Truth should B found in 1z own experiences and contemplations.
  • mklprc 2012/07/25 01:01:15
    mklprc
    +1
    There is no evidence that there is or ever has been a god or other supernatural being that communicated with our species in any way. The sooner humans abandon this mass hallucination the better off we will be.
  • elijahin24 2012/07/21 21:28:24
    elijahin24
    +3
    God is created in the image of the men who wrote him.
  • Cleaver62 2012/07/21 15:38:35 (edited)
    Cleaver62
    +2
    There is no God. People have created religion to guide them and others through life, to sort of give their life a purpose. It has created so many problems over the years, I believe it creates more trouble than it solves. It controls people's lives. It makes people except what they have now with the dream of dying and going to heaven where they will be rewarded. What a pile of steaming crap. You have one life. Live it. Enjoy it. There is nothing more and nothing less then you have right now.
  • Prophet 2012/07/21 11:47:37
    Prophet
    +1
    What amazes me is how many of the Old Testament prophesies that Jesus Christ fulfilled during his time on earth. And what He said about the future. Many still being revealed today.
  • bricklyn Prophet 2012/07/21 17:35:54
    bricklyn
    That is only because those text were written after the events.
  • Prophet bricklyn 2012/07/21 17:50:21
    Prophet
    +1
    Huh! That makes positively no sense at all. Those texts were written before the birth of Christ. And yes one does not write about events unless they happen. And the words of the prophets comforted the people for they would bring hope and they told the people of the promise God made and how they could recognize the savior and Christ fulfilled that requirement. One must be able to read the bible metaphorically to be able to easily see this.
  • E.R.R.R. Prophet 2012/08/03 03:51:16
    E.R.R.R.
    +2
    Hope : the worst curs from Pandora's box
  • wrwheelerjr 2012/07/21 06:19:17
    wrwheelerjr
    The only truth is, God is Truth. With that understanding is the begining of man discovering all that the Truth has to offer. Without the truth everything is a lie. Look around you. Everything you see is a lie.
  • bricklyn wrwheel... 2012/07/21 17:37:02
  • wrwheel... bricklyn 2012/07/22 05:19:53
    wrwheelerjr
    You got it. But the Bible is not a religion, it's a history of mankind that follows a really sorry family of people that God chose to demonstrate that mankind can not achieve perfection and therefore can not save himself. He picked the bottom of the barrel to show all of mankind that by Him, if we choose to be saved we can using His perfection as a stand in for our short comings. Pretty simple. Religion is the stuff we added or highlighted to make us exclusive, powerful and self righteous. It is also the reason many people reject salvaltion. The choice belongs to each of us.
  • E.R.R.R. wrwheel... 2012/08/03 03:59:22
    E.R.R.R.
    +1
    Thinkimg furthr: i guess we are almost saying the same thing but from different perspectives. I apologize for comimg off so crudely.
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/21 05:36:38
    TuringsChild
    +2
    The truth is that most religions were written by men under the inspiration of one spirit being or another. Several are indeed based on inspiration from God. Others are from a less positive source.
  • Irish little 2012/07/21 03:56:17
    Irish little
    +1
    Mankind wrote the scripyures WITH the help uf GOD.
  • bricklyn Irish l... 2012/07/21 17:37:42
    bricklyn
    How does anyone know that?
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/07/21 03:24:43
  • Commander Pyle 2012/07/21 00:04:01
    Commander Pyle
    +2
    God is not something you can attach a figure to. It shouldn't be.
  • All American 2012/07/20 21:09:51
    All American
    +2
    I think it's a way to control and manipulate the masses.
  • rand 2012/07/20 21:09:35
    rand
    The responses offered conflate the original intent of the question with other ideas. Einstein's "God of Spinoza" didn't write anything, nor has any other god, but some men CAN and have defined "god" in the process of finding their own spirituality.
  • KeithL 2012/07/20 20:55:49
  • Leeaqua 2012/07/20 20:34:55
    The Truth off being spiritual is that I choose my morals and try following my...
    Leeaqua
    +3
    If anyone on this planet can show me a REAL god ( not some picture or statue ) then I just may consider them to be real .
  • Dwight 2012/07/20 20:16:25
    Dwight
    Well, it's Deffinatly the case of Marx/Engels humanistic doctrine. Can't get more humanistic than that.
  • bob Dwight 2012/07/20 20:19:41
    bob
    +1
    What does that have to do with middle eastern fairy tales?
  • Dwight bob 2012/07/20 20:21:13
    Dwight
    it's just a european fairy tale.
  • bob Dwight 2012/07/23 13:54:56
    bob
    Marx/Engels is a european fairy tale
  • Dwight bob 2012/07/23 16:16:39
    Dwight
    The whole theory is a man made fantasy.
  • Mr Chin 2012/07/20 19:54:22
    Mr Chin
  • Suzanne 2012/07/20 19:25:32
    Suzanne
    +1
    Hi Bob,

Religion is not God.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author 2012
    “On Wings of Love.”
    http://www.strategicpublishin... (currently not active)
    The Mommy Writings Series
    Mommy, would you like a sandwich?
    Book 1
  • Jeff Vader 2012/07/20 19:22:17 (edited)
    Jeff Vader
    +3
    I don't think that it is much in dispute except by fundamentalists that religious texts are solely the work of man. I know of Inconsistencies, omissions, and contradictions present in the bible, I mention the bible as it is a book I am familiar with, and have read many times in my life.

The Bible is a collection of 66 books written by about 40 authors, in three different languages, on three different continents, over approximately 1600 years. It is only amazing in one respect that it is taken as the literally truth and the word of God by so many people.
  • clyde 2012/07/20 18:47:59
    clyde
    All of the above was not how I intended to answer this question. In my view, matters concerning the relationship between man and God require faith. Religion is man-made. It is Man's attempt to understand something and define something beyond his ability. I am not religious but I believe in God's word. Christian faith is God's plan not Man's. The truly wonderful thing about Christianity is that everyone is invited to know the Living God. Everyone can have this parent child relationship with their creator but not without faith and it can not be earned. Without faith there is a separation that man can not bridge with his religious effort.
  • bob clyde 2012/07/20 20:21:47
    bob
    +1
    You must have faith the believe in the GOD Fairy Tales from the middle east
  • clyde bob 2012/07/20 23:40:52
    clyde
    +1
    Can you rewrite your comment in a complete sentence?
  • Walter Harris 2012/07/20 18:33:55
    Walter Harris
    To me my god is my father above. But it is your right to choose what you choose to believe in. The very definition of god imply's that we are not god. God is defined as a superior creator, so unless you create from scratch, meaning create all elements that go in to an object, than you are a god. We can not create a living thing. We cannot put elements together and breath into life. Point is in order to disprove the existance of a religion, you have to disprove the existance of god. In order to do that you have to prove that without god we would not be in to existance. Once you start that, you will fined that some divine being started what ever theory you choose to believe in to our existance. And once you except that you have the very definition of religion. Which is the belief in a supreme being that created the world as we no it.
    Well now that we have come to a complete circle, I hope I have answered your question.
  • bricklyn Walter ... 2012/07/21 17:41:16
    bricklyn
    No one has to disprove the existence of god. The existence of god has never been proven.
  • socokid 2012/07/20 18:24:09
    socokid
    +4
    Not one lick of evidence otherwise, is my reason.
  • ajracestables1 2012/07/20 18:23:46
    ajracestables1
    +2
    Humans wrote the text but they were inspired by God what to write. That is what I believe and if anybody does not agree with me, to bad, I don't care.
  • 3003573 2012/07/20 18:05:26

2014/10/31 23:18:10