Is saying that Mormans are not Christians a form of "judgement" discouraged by Christ's teachings?

rand 2012/06/25 20:56:28

• wtxwoman 2012/09/09 14:10:02
    No...
    wtxwoman
    Facts are facts, not judgement. Saying the mormons are idiots for believing all that crap is a judgement.
  • rand wtxwoman 2012/09/09 17:14:25
    rand
    So thinking that a child is unintelligent for believing in Tinkerbell is a judgment? I do not "judge" Mormans to not be Christian, even though I have little doubt that Joe Smith's fantastic tales were either hallucinations or a Machiavellian means of gaining power over others. The belief in the values and practices of Christ makes one a Christian in my view.
  • skroehr 2012/06/26 16:33:48
    No...
    skroehr
    +1
    We are able to determine heretical teachings from the scriptures, traditions and the deposit of faith. While I have the greatest respect for the Mormons I know in my life, it doesn't change the fact that their teachings are heretical to the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'm not sure we should run around screaming bad things. They believe what they believe, but thinking of their faith foundation as incorrect is not incompatible with Christ's teaching in any way. It is not passing judgement. Only God will decide how people are judged. But we can say that the religion is false with a fairly reasonable amount of data. It is not wrong in every aspect of course. They have some marvelous ideas about family for instance that we could all learn from. But their Christology and theology are missing some key aspects of the Christian doctrine which are quite easily discoverable.
  • rand skroehr 2012/06/26 18:02:47
    rand
    +1
    As a philosophical Christian, I don't make that judgment, but I understand that Mormanism doesn't fit with Biblical Christianity. Best wishes to you and THX for your reply.
  • say what? 2012/06/25 21:07:28
    No...
    say what?
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/06/25 20:57:43
    No...
    Mark In Irvine
    +3
    i'd say "no", although i am far from a theologian.

2014/10/23 05:26:03